Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Scrubs

Postby Clint » Mar 26th, 2009 @ 1:31pm

Didn't see a topic already so I thought I'd make one.

Whats everyone thinking to this new (maybe last...?) season?

I'm really diggin' this season, much more so than the over the top last few.
Clint

Re: Scrubs

Postby JayShadow » Mar 26th, 2009 @ 2:28pm

Yeah, maybe if they did this earlier NBC wouldn't have canned them.
JayShadow

Postby James-Kond » Mar 26th, 2009 @ 4:23pm

JayShadow wrote:Yeah, maybe if they did this earlier NBC wouldn't have canned them.

ABC > NBC
And I'm not even American, jeez.

But hey, I love the new Scrubs season, even though the interns can be a bit irritating (read: sunny) but for the rest I'm really loving it, watched every episode religiously
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond

Postby czartim » Mar 26th, 2009 @ 5:18pm

Its been hit-and-miss for a while... I kind of wish they'd just end. They seem to be dragging it out for no reason.
Thy Czar hath spoken. May his words inspire and thoughts provoke.
czartim

Postby mtcantor » Mar 27th, 2009 @ 12:27am

Its time for it to end. I loved this show, much as I loved Clone High (same creators and some of the same actors) but this one has exhausted its own plotlines. Even they seem to be acknowledging it (nobody cares about Eliot and JD's relationship, etc).

Its like the whole season is just a drawn out lead-up to what will probably be a great series finale. Until then, its good, but not scrubs good.
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Dragon Age: Origins, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Saints Row 2
Recently finished: Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2,No More Heroes 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders
mtcantor

Postby Vesty » Mar 27th, 2009 @ 12:21pm

I feel like the writing has gotten bland as of late. To me all the characters are written pretty much the same anymore, and most of the lines could be said by anyone on the show. And maybe I didn't notice it before, but the amount of random tangents with "the point being..." is off the charts anymore
Vesty

Postby Eleazar » Mar 29th, 2009 @ 8:40pm

I've liked this season, but it doesn't feel like Scrubs to me. I'm glad that ABC was willing to pick it up to give it a proper finish that NBC wasn't going to give the show after the writer's strike.
Eleazar

Postby BinaryMind » Mar 29th, 2009 @ 9:24pm

I've seen a few episodes recently and I thought they were funnier than the show has ever been. Maybe it's because I don't watch the show religiously like some people here might, but I don't feel the show is lacking in comedy at all from the earlier seasons.
BinaryMind

Postby Eleazar » Mar 29th, 2009 @ 11:54pm

It is hilarious still, but just in a different way, though, that is only my opinion.
Eleazar

Postby Fallen_Angel » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 6:16am

Elliot is still annoying as usual, i love Jimmy, the overly-touchy orderly and Denise the tomboy intern she is hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby xQx » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 11:28am

I didn't DVR this one so I'm waiting for the season to end so I can download them all. I've been a huge fan over the years though so I have high hopes.
Console Agnostic - Gaming blog/site
My Twitter
xQx

Postby mtcantor » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 2:51pm

Fallen_Angel wrote:Elliot is still annoying as usual, i love Jimmy, the overly-touchy orderly and Denise the tomboy intern she is hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!

Eh you just like that she's into fat guys. Admit it. :D
Currently Playing: Heavy Rain, Dragon Age: Origins, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Saints Row 2
Recently finished: Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2,No More Heroes 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders
mtcantor

Postby James-Kond » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 3:12pm

mtcantor wrote:
Fallen_Angel wrote:Elliot is still annoying as usual, i love Jimmy, the overly-touchy orderly and Denise the tomboy intern she is hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!

Ouch.
To bad I'm skinny though, damn.
James-Kond

Postby Fallen_Angel » Mar 30th, 2009 @ 5:57pm

mtcantor wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby Fallen_Angel » Apr 2nd, 2009 @ 6:08pm

In the latest episode "My Full Moon" Denise got it on with Derek - the new black surgeon intern - who was a fat kid and now is in good shape. I myself was on the chunky side as a free spirited child and now I'm pretty buff hmmm I could have my chance with her yet. :lol: And in case you're wondering I do have a crush on her. Sue me.
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby Zombie Testicle » Apr 2nd, 2009 @ 9:02pm

Fallen_Angel wrote:In the latest episode "My Full Moon" Denise got it on with Derek - the new black surgeon intern - who was a fat kid and now is in good shape.

That was hilarious. And hot. But hilarious.

Scrubs is one of my favorite shows.
Zombie Testicle

Postby Fallen_Angel » Apr 4th, 2009 @ 1:59pm

Pele Merengue wrote:I was eleven years old when this show first aired. That's how long it's been on.

I used to love it, but I couldn't take any more around the time season five was airing. I felt the creative team had already run out of steam by that point.

At eight seasons, they've dragged the show out to be about twice as long as it should have been. I've already whined about this phenomenon with the American version of The Office, but it sucks that American television programs seem to value quantity over quality. I don't have the patience for it.

When Scrubs was new, the format and the comedy was fresh and interesting, and the way they explored the character relationships was at least entertaining. After a while it just gets boring watching the writers re-tread the same ground over and over again.

mmmyep

couldn't agree more......well said or eh typed :D
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby czartim » Apr 4th, 2009 @ 6:39pm

Half way through last weeks episode, I said "fuck it." I' just can't watch it anymore, I don't enjoy it.
czartim

Postby Zombie Testicle » Apr 4th, 2009 @ 7:45pm

czartim wrote:Half way through last weeks episode, I said "fuck it." I' just can't watch it anymore, I don't enjoy it.

The latest episode was pretty good. The one before that was weak, but the show still's got a lotta life.
Zombie Testicle

Postby mtcantor » Apr 4th, 2009 @ 9:59pm

Well not that much more life. Its over this season, and its for the best. Time to move on.
mtcantor

Postby Clint » May 7th, 2009 @ 2:03am

That ending was pretty amazing, IMO. Gotta admit I teared up a bit. Goodbye Scrubs! :(
Clint

Postby James-Kond » May 7th, 2009 @ 5:35am

Noes JD!
James-Kond

Postby kenzo » May 7th, 2009 @ 6:48am

Fantastic!
Last edited by kenzo on Aug 23rd, 2016 @ 5:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 7th, 2009 @ 8:02am

kenzo wrote:The finale was relentlessly self conscious, but it was still a great ending to a great show. I was really getting tired of Scrubs last season, but the move to CBS did amazing things for the show. Scrubs was hilarious and the camaraderie in the show always felt far more genuine than Friends. This send off put the show in a good place where I'll actually miss it (unlike the abysmal and unfunny Seinfeld & Friends send offs).

I really enjoyed the finale and thought it was a fitting ending to the show. The walk down the hallway with all the guest stars was awesome; seeing all those characters again was cool. And boo on NBC for not letting Sarah Lancaster (aka Gift Shop Girl) and Masi Oka (aka Franklyn) appear because they're currently on NBC shows. Oh, and it moved to ABC, not CBS, but I agree, the move really helped the show. It allowed Bill Lawrence to finish the show the way he wanted to, and whenever that can happen, its a good thing.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby Mr_eX » May 7th, 2009 @ 10:51am

Awesome episode but.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6832227f5a72401ece0e164b47a8c75c
ABC is in talks to renew the veteran comedy "Scrubs" for a ninth season with some or all of the original cast members coming back full or part-time.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby czartim » May 7th, 2009 @ 2:03pm

Mr_eX wrote:Awesome episode but.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6832227f5a72401ece0e164b47a8c75c
ABC is in talks to renew the veteran comedy "Scrubs" for a ninth season with some or all of the original cast members coming back full or part-time.

They've been saying that ever since ABC picked up I doubt Braff comes back save a guest appearance every once and a while. I'd be very surprised if Lawrence stays on.
czartim

Postby ZombieArmy » May 7th, 2009 @ 2:32pm

I was feeling pretty "meh..." about the finale until the second half. After that point though, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The end montage of future events made my wife cry and was the perfect way for them to end the series, or at least this part of the series.

Also, is anyone else in love with Sonal Shah? She's ridiculously adorable.
ZombieArmy

Postby Mr_eX » May 7th, 2009 @ 2:34pm

After last nights finale I would rather see a spin off than a season 9.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 16th, 2009 @ 6:24am

Its official- Scrubs will be coming back for Season 9 (with Zack Braff schedules\d to appear in 6 episodes).

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/bre ... bc-re.html
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China

Postby RichardLaush » Aug 27th, 2018 @ 5:23am

S. Along with the surface on the footwear is smooth that they are highly effective for every day teaching, and they??????ll totally exercising your muscles, Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, which tends to make you conspicuous inside the office or at other organization occasions. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.Their report, based on epidemiological data and published online by the U.In as early as the 15th and 16th centuries?? Chinese fishermen from Hainan Island not only used the South China Sea islands as their fishery bases?? but also built houses and reclaimed land for farming on the islands. The majority of of them shortage the modernday capabilities you appear for in modern mobile technology.Local experts said it was the reason why California welcomed the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), which proposed forever linking 70 percent of the world's population and the gigantic markets of Asia and Europe. Many modernday items these days are even mixing those tips in concert. Sometimes different kinds of organizational efforts are being taken by the workers to compel the higher management to provide them all the required facilities but the success level of such movements are very less.Cheap China Jerseys. However, doctors said he is in critical condition."Guests were told it was a birthday party for Justin. When you use my blog traffic ideas, it is not only painless, but will be truly a ton of enjoyment!So what’s so fun about learning “how to market your blog”?As for me, it is similar to a video game.<br>Visit my site??http://www.cheapnfljerseysshopwholesale.us.com/
RichardLaush

Next
Forum Statistics