Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby flufflogic » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 2:08am

And this is why TV audiences are stupid, and Walking Dead had to change like it did. I have no faith in them covering Woodbury properly now, or even the prison.
flufflogic

Postby KindGalaxy » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 11:38am

Fuck walking dead in the asshole. That is all an entire piece of shit, including the comic. Gone on for too long, fuck off. Now it's just Profit mongering. Give me a 36 issue, glorious masterpiece, not a cash in. Douche nozzles. Also Ned died.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby totoro » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 11:45am

Starting the third episode of this series now. Had to find a family tree of all of the different houses to get the relationships down.

I don't understand why people get all angry when things are changed going from one medium to another. It's a fact that it's going to happen either due to creative or budgetary reasons. Granted I've only gleaned this thread to avoid anything that could be spoilers and I've not read the books, so I don't know how major the changes were.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 12:02pm

totoro wrote:I don't understand why people get all angry when things are changed going from one medium to another. It's a fact that it's going to happen either due to creative or budgetary reasons. Granted I've only gleaned this thread to avoid anything that could be spoilers and I've not read the books, so I don't know how major the changes were.

In Game of Thrones, things weren't changed from the book, which is the reason for the outcry (from idiots). The first season has been really faithful to the book. Hope future seasons are as well.

I heard talk of splitting the 2nd (and 3rd) book up into multiple seasons. I'm not entire sure it needs it. The 2nd book is a lot longer, but nothing major happens in the first half at all. A lot of slow burn developmental stuff. Shit doesn't get fucking retarded until all the sorcery in the latter half.
LiQuid

Postby flufflogic » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 3:15pm

The changes in Walking Dead were not budgetary, though; they were a deliberate expansion of the plot, seemingly to head off problems that aren't there. And yeah, ironically the complaints aimed at Game of Thrones are that something happens that happens in the book, as it should, because people didn't read the books before watching.
flufflogic

Postby jw_6179 » Jun 18th, 2011 @ 3:49pm

totoro wrote:I don't understand why people get all angry when things are changed going from one medium to another. It's a fact that it's going to happen either due to creative or budgetary reasons. Granted I've only gleaned this thread to avoid anything that could be spoilers and I've not read the books, so I don't know how major the changes were.

If you're implying that GoT should have made concessions for the TV format, regarding last week's episode....

that'd be like... Delcaring that for TV, it's a show about a family that owns an ice cream parlor in Brooklyn, NY that's concerned "Winter is coming" because business slows down during the cold months. What happened Sunday was absolutely vital to the plot of the story.
jw_6179

Postby Retro Clone » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 7:04am

the finale sucked, it was just plain boring. 0/5
Always take a banana to a party.

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
Retro Clone

Postby IRL_Troll » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 7:15am

You're plain boring. Finale rocked, and ended about how the book did. I'm just pissed have to wait a year for season 2 aka A Clash of Kings
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 7:39am

Haven't watched it yet. I hope they showed the baby dragons breastfeeding on Dany's boobs like they do in the book otherwise I'm going to consider the whole series a wash.
LiQuid

Postby IRL_Troll » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 9:11am

LiQuid wrote:Haven't watched it yet. I hope they showed the baby dragons breastfeeding on Dany's boobs like they do in the book otherwise I'm going to consider the whole series a wash.

Lacked a spoiler tag, however
Spoiler: show
Today LiQuid, dreams come true
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 10:15am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 10:43am

I didn't see any titty-sucking, but she was definitely nurturing them in the buff.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 10:47am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 11:12am

On the one hand, it was kind of a cool scene with oodles of female-empowering imagery. On the other hand, it was weird and ridiculous and I couldn't stop laughing.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 11:18am

kenzo wrote:On the one hand, it was kind of a cool scene with oodles of female-empowering imagery. On the other hand, it was weird and ridiculous and I couldn't stop laughing.

Oh GOD! There's the most amazing scene of all time coming up from book 2! I really really really wish I could spoil it for the non book reading people! It involves both imagery of female empowerment AND weird ridiculousness! It's so amazing!!! I'm laughing now just thinking about it!
LiQuid

Postby Retro Clone » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 3:15pm

why do people feel the need to insult others because of there Opinions?

that said, i stand by my statement. that the finale sucked

Retro Clone

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 3:28pm

Retro Clone wrote:why do people feel the need to insult others because of there Opinions?

Honestly, it's just human nature - exasperated by the anonymity of the internet.

I can understand why people would think the finale sucked.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 8:16pm

I hope one of those little dragons burns Joffrey's face off.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 8:20pm

I almost kinda sorta wanna read ahead and find out if anything happens to Joff but then I figure A: I don't wanna spoil the surprise, assuming I get that far in the books, and B: knowing what little I do about GRRM, he's probably still fucking alive in the books.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2011 @ 10:56pm

Ok aside from Dany's hair not getting burned off and the dragons not breast feeding, that was pretty perfect. That entire final scene with Arya as Ari is the first non-prologue chapter from book 2 but I thought it was really appropriately moved up to the end of this season since she's gonna be a big part of the next season.

Man I can't fucking wait. I'm gonna start double timing on the books in order to make up for lack of more show to watch. This sucks.
LiQuid

Postby IRL_Troll » Jun 21st, 2011 @ 7:27am

Mr_eX wrote:I hope one of those little dragons burns Joffrey's face off.

If you really must know Mr_eX,
Littlefinger pwns Jeoffry
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby IRL_Troll » Jun 21st, 2011 @ 7:43am

Retro Clone wrote:why do people feel the need to insult others because of their Opinions?

Fixed that for you. The improper lower cases were fine, that was a no-go however. Anywho, I do it because it's easy. I'd like to think that because of how lame of an insult that was, it was apparent I said that tongue in cheek. Clearly I was mistaken. To delve deeper, it's much easier, and frankly healthier to lash out at you than take my issues to someone's face and risk crushing their soul, or just as bad, get my ass beat. Thus here we are
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby Retro Clone » Jun 21st, 2011 @ 9:07am

MeZa DoNt UnDerStAnD

Retro Clone

Postby totoro » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:05am

Down to the last two episodes of the season and will probably get them watched tonight. Thinking I might pull the trigger and get the books sometime soon, but I'm in the middle of a couple of other books that I need to finish as well. Will definitely get the Kindle editions if I do. Those things are freaking tomes. :shock:
totoro

Postby totoro » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 6:52pm

Just finished the rest of the season and I had a few thoughts as someone who walked into this show not really knowing much of anything about it...

First of all - What. The. Fuck. Can I get anything where Sean Bean plays a character even semi-heroic and DOESN'T die. I don't know when the last time I was so pissed off at a character death. But I'll be fine just so long as someone kills Joffrey, preferably in some really messed up way.

After my wife and I finished the season she told me about what she read that made her want to watch the show: that Martin (and by proxy the producers of the show) wasn't afraid to kill off major characters. The only ones that really shocked me were Stark and Drogo. Those were both characters that I liked and thought would probably stick around.

Anyway, really liked it and can't wait for the next season to show up.
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 7:32pm

So the only two deaths that shocked you were the only two deaths? Or did you really think poor Jory Cassel's legacy was going to be the big takeaway from the season?

You better get used to it man. Sure there seems to be a few characters that are "safe" and that are going to be integral to the end game, but this is clearly a series about the story and not about a particular hero's journey.
LiQuid

Postby totoro » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 7:58pm

LiQuid wrote:So the only two deaths that shocked you were the only two deaths? Or did you really think poor Jory Cassel's legacy was going to be the big takeaway from the season?

You better get used to it man. Sure there seems to be a few characters that are "safe" and that are going to be integral to the end game, but this is clearly a series about the story and not about a particular hero's journey.

No, not the only ones...
...also Robert and Viserys. They seemed like they were in fairly major positions. They essentially killed the heads of 4 houses. It wouldn't have surprised me if over the course of the entire run if they didn't all die at any given point, but all of them this early was a bit surprising.

Also after seeing him in this series, I'm on board with Jason Momoa playing Conan in the upcoming movie.
totoro

Postby indieinsd » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:46pm

totoro wrote:Down to the last two episodes of the season and will probably get them watched tonight. Thinking I might pull the trigger and get the books sometime soon, but I'm in the middle of a couple of other books that I need to finish as well. Will definitely get the Kindle editions if I do. Those things are freaking tomes. :shock:

Yeah I bought Clash of Kings after Episode 9, It was hard to justify paying 9 bucks for a old ass book but when I saw the page count, I said 'fuck that shit' and 1 clicked. Probably should have checked for a _________.
indieinsd

Postby LiQuid » Jun 24th, 2011 @ 1:00am

You could have bought the boxed set for $20, dummy.
LiQuid

Postby flufflogic » Jun 24th, 2011 @ 11:08am

Chuffing Amazon UK is charging £30 for the boxed set.
flufflogic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics