Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 20th, 2013 @ 4:18pm

Second best part of last week's episode:

Spoiler: show
Fade2Black

Postby LiQuid » Apr 22nd, 2013 @ 1:12am

OMFG LMAO DANY DROPPED THE MIC!!!
LiQuid

Postby Fallen_Angel » Apr 22nd, 2013 @ 7:15am

Dany can speak High Valyrian to me anytime. That was the best episode of the series, holy shit!
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 22nd, 2013 @ 8:46am

Yeah, that ending was pretty fucking awesome, even if it was totally obvious to everyone at the end of last weeks episode that that's exactly what was going to happen. Still, so good.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Apr 22nd, 2013 @ 12:30pm

I hate all the obvious foreshadowing and hand holding to what are major plot points. They're taking all the oomph out of what are shock moments in the book. Sure Dany turning the slaves on the slavers was kind of obvious a chapter too soon in the book too but I have an issue with them spelling out that Littlefinger is orchestrating Sansa's escape. In the books she plotted her escape with a bit character that was only introduced in the show but not fleshed out. I can get not wanting to flesh out yet another character in this already bloated piece of shit, but that escape leads to something spoilerific as all heck and then the reveal that LF was the mastermind of ALL of it, right before he does more ridiculous, spoilerific shit that redefines his character from a tropey, information broker to, well, something even more spoilerific.
LiQuid

Postby Fallen_Angel » Apr 22nd, 2013 @ 2:28pm

LiQuid wrote:I hate all the obvious foreshadowing and hand holding to what are major plot points. They're taking all the oomph out of what are shock moments in the book. Sure Dany turning the slaves on the slavers was kind of obvious a chapter too soon in the book too but I have an issue with them spelling out that Littlefinger is orchestrating Sansa's escape. In the books she plotted her escape with a bit character that was only introduced in the show but not fleshed out. I can get not wanting to flesh out yet another character in this already bloated piece of shit, but that escape leads to something spoilerific as all heck and then the reveal that LF was the mastermind of ALL of it, right before he does more ridiculous, spoilerific shit that redefines his character from a tropey, information broker to, well, something even more spoilerific.

Well in fairness they've been doing plenty of that since Season 2

Robb marrying nurse - we didn't even see him in book 2, he just showed up married in SoS
The prologue of book 3 was the end of last season, except instead of Sam you had the Watchmen planning mutiny until they hear the 3 horn blasts, cut to the next page and there you see Jaime's name for the first time. Amazing. The only thing they managed to not even touch upon was Dany's true visions in the House of the Undying, her seeing The Red Wedding, the blue rose growing on the wall of ice which solidifies that Lyanna is Jon's mother. That stuff would've probably been too obvious to suss out I guess

You're right though, Littlefinger in the book, fuck. That guy became scary after book 3, I mean you always knew he was dangerous but never really got a sense of what lengths he'd go to. I think they're just trying to build that up. I love that they're finally acknowledging that himself and Varys (Tywin excluded) are the only 2 people who know what they're actually doing. They're playing the game on a completely different level
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby kenzo » Apr 23rd, 2013 @ 12:11am

I liked this episode. I don't really care that I can see shit coming from a mile away. I don't really take this show seriously, and it's nothing close to being high-art or anything, so I don't really have any expectations for excellence. I thought the ending to this episode was good, but not as good as whatshisface getting his hand chopped off - that shit had me in stitches.
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 24th, 2013 @ 6:19pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » May 5th, 2013 @ 10:31pm

Holy fuck at that Bran subplot. So after Jojen and Meera meet up with them in the middle of fucking nowhere Rickun and Osha just randomly fucking show up too?! Such a useless storyline in the first place but they're even further butchering it with all this nonsense.

Ep was dumb. Nothing really happened. I'm glad they finally killed off that stupid fucking hooker tho.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 6th, 2013 @ 6:15am

This was an episode to progress the story but even those episodes are still pretty great on this show.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 6th, 2013 @ 6:59am

LiQuid wrote:Holy fuck at that Bran subplot. So after Jojen and Meera meet up with them in the middle of fucking nowhere Rickun and Osha just randomly fucking show up too?! Such a useless storyline in the first place but they're even further butchering it with all this nonsense.

No, Rickon and Osha have been with them the whole time; they never split up on the show (but that doesn't change the fact that Bran's storyline is huge drag right now).
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » May 6th, 2013 @ 1:43pm

What the fuck? I don't remember seein Rickon before this episode. Am I going nuts? I'm so baffled by this so I went and read Rickon's wiki page and through FIVE books he still hasn't been reintroduced into the story! GRRM you so crazy/boring!
LiQuid

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 7th, 2013 @ 9:36am

LiQuid wrote:What the fuck? I don't remember seein Rickon before this episode. Am I going nuts? I'm so baffled by this so I went and read Rickon's wiki page and through FIVE books he still hasn't been reintroduced into the story! GRRM you so crazy/boring!

Rickon's been there, we just haven't seen him a whole lot (or at all, really). The show has gone out of its way to not put both him and the direwolves on screen much.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » May 11th, 2013 @ 4:05pm

LiQuid

Postby Fallen_Angel » May 11th, 2013 @ 4:14pm

My brother met the actor who plays Joffrey in Dublin today. No one recognised him until my bro made a fuss and they had some pictures taken. By then the whole store had surrounded him, poor lad :)
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby LiQuid » May 13th, 2013 @ 1:08am

Another meh ep. The bear shit at the end was high-larry tho.

How fucking rad is Dany tho. She's such a fucking thug.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 13th, 2013 @ 12:53pm

Jamie is becoming my favorite character
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » May 13th, 2013 @ 1:44pm

Mr_eX wrote:Jamie is becoming my favorite character
They're painting him as a pretty sympathetic character, and you begin to like him until you realize he's a sister-fucker and the whole reason why this stupid war is happening in the first place. Him going back for what's her face is pretty cool but I doubt it has anything to do with altruism and more 'A Lanister Pays His Debts.'
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 13th, 2013 @ 7:06pm

Jamie is cool. Aside from Cersei the Lannisters are the most interesting characters in this show.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Jun 2nd, 2013 @ 8:27pm

Well fuck...
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 2nd, 2013 @ 9:11pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby MrDrifter » Jun 2nd, 2013 @ 9:24pm

ugh.... need a pallet cleanser after that...
Prepare for trouble...
MrDrifter

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 2nd, 2013 @ 9:42pm

Do not click on this link until you have watched tonights episode. These tweets are hilarious
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2013 @ 11:20pm

Well that certainly was the red wedding. :)
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 9:16am

Mr_eX wrote:Image

x1000000000

The fucking hell.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 9:42am

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby MrBiggs » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 1:13pm

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/r ... ans-react/

I have a feeling I'm going to laugh my ass off when I get to season 3.
MrBiggs

Postby seamus2389 » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 2:44pm

I have waiting since the end of Season 1 for this event to see Tv GOT people freak out about RW (which the showrunners always wanted to get as far is). Those tweets reminds me of a guy I know who stopped watching the Shield cause of how season 5 ended
seamus2389

Postby Fallen_Angel » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 4:59pm

That was painful to watch
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby LiQuid » Jun 3rd, 2013 @ 8:32pm

A lot of this grief and outrage seems kinda retread after the Ned Stark shit so I'm not as giddy from the schadenfreude as I was during season 1. I had a lot more fun with it then. It felt more genuine. Also it was the first time. It was a moment when all these romcom and generic, heroic fiction watching cretins got a taste that GRRM was srs bzns.

Scene was done a lot better here than it was in the book. I still contend that chapter of the book was one of the most confusingly written in the entire series (not in a challenging way, in a "I don't know how to present info subtly" way). Michelle Fairy was such a pro so I managed to get feels even tho I couldn't give any less of a fuck about the retarded Starks. I liked that they shanked Rob's lady hard in the mommy parts so all the speculation about her from the book can be put to rest. I picked out the Rains of Castamere theme right away from the band but I still think they should have done that like in the book where they were all just terrible musicians as it would have been a lot less subtle for people that don't obsess over the show. I dunno, it was cool. My favorite moment from the season was still the delayed reaction and scream from Jamie after he got his hand lopped off, but this helps cement this season as the best IMO.

Oh and for the book people, it's really sucks how bad I wanna tell TV watchers about how
Cat comes back as a zombie later. :lol:

It's REAL hard not to just append that to every single thing I say.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics