Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby meDotJS » Jun 1st, 2014 @ 7:11pm

Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 1st, 2014 @ 9:22pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jun 1st, 2014 @ 11:51pm

LiQuid wrote:Ok so who is ready for Prince Oberyn vs. The Mountain NEXT week? Don't leave me hanging GoT!

I was not ready for this.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 1st, 2014 @ 11:59pm

This should just be saved and reposted every page for the rest of this thread.

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 1:11am

LiQuid wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Ok so who is ready for Prince Oberyn vs. The Mountain NEXT week? Don't leave me hanging GoT!
I was not ready for this.
I've read spoilers; I was waiting for this. But even so, I was still caught off-guard and unprepared. That was so much more gruesome than I'd been lead to believe. Apparently
Spoiler: show
...in the book, he simply dies instantly from getting hit in the head initially?
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 1:42am

I think in the book he just punched him so hard he smashed his face in. That was yet another thing that the show did better than the books could ever have hoped for. Also twice now the show has done a really great job of accentuating something totally rad happening with a fucking great scream. The first time was when Jamie got his hand cut off.

Oberyn, The Red Viper, my spear-wielding prince. I'll miss u 4eva. :cry:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 2:18am

Holy shit dat spear wielding doe. Such beautiful hubris! Made me want to whip out Soul Caliber and get my Kilik on.
kenzo

Postby GiantAsianMan » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 8:17am

LiQuid wrote:I think in the book he just punched him so hard he smashed his face in. That was yet another thing that the show did better than the books could ever have hoped for.

Does Oberyn go all Inigo Montoya in the book, repeating the same phrase over and over again, or was that also something that was just done for the show?
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 8:45am

Yeah he was repeatedly demanding that Mt. confess while fighting him. That was pretty accurate.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 8:56am

Reading the GAF no-book spoiler thread for this is fucking hysterical. People actually think this means Tyrion is going to die now. Like GRRM would ever telegraph a death so much as Tyrion's has been and actually follow thru with it. There's always some element of surprise or betrayal that leads to the deaths. I swear the people whose only inlet to this material is thru the show are some of the dumbest fucks the internet has ever bred.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 9:36am

I think bad things happen to Jon Snow next episode.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 11:43am

LiQuid wrote:Reading the GAF no-book spoiler thread for this is fucking hysterical. People actually think this means Tyrion is going to die now. Like GRRM would ever telegraph a death so much as Tyrion's has been and actually follow thru with it. There's always some element of surprise or betrayal that leads to the deaths. I swear the people whose only inlet to this material is thru the show are some of the dumbest fucks the internet has ever bred.
Has there ever been a PoV character in the book that dies? Seems to me like everyone who is a PoV character is pretty safe.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 12:36pm

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Reading the GAF no-book spoiler thread for this is fucking hysterical. People actually think this means Tyrion is going to die now. Like GRRM would ever telegraph a death so much as Tyrion's has been and actually follow thru with it. There's always some element of surprise or betrayal that leads to the deaths. I swear the people whose only inlet to this material is thru the show are some of the dumbest fucks the internet has ever bred.
Has there ever been a PoV character in the book that dies? Seems to me like everyone who is a PoV character is pretty safe.

Book Spoilers Ahead:
Catelyn dies at some point, and it seems that at the end of the fourth book that Jon might die, as he gets perforated ala Caesar. Also, Ned Stark was arguably the main PoV character from the first book.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Fallen_Angel » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 12:48pm

kenzo wrote:

Do you mean have we seen characters die while we're in their POV? If so, yes.

Quite a few POVs have died and will die, there's no 'safe' in this series.
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 3:36pm

kenzo wrote:

Ned and Cat were both POV characters, so that's hardly a rule to go by. There are characters in this series that are on a pretty clear hero's path and for the most part all of them are still alive. I haven't even read all of the existing books but it's pretty easy to look at the series' big picture and spot which characters are its narrative backbone.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 3:38pm

Oh wait, Cat's not dead. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Fallen_Angel » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 4:03pm

You really need to put that in a spoiler tag
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby kenzo » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 4:07pm

Fallen_Angel wrote:You really need to put that in a spoiler tag
For the 3 people who visit the forums.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 4:23pm

How long have you known me, man?
LiQuid

Postby Fallen_Angel » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 10:19pm

LiQuid wrote:

How long have you known me, man?

Regardless, I remember that particular thing being spoiled for me and it still sucks

Plus it's probably gonna be the season closer
Afro
Fallen_Angel

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2014 @ 11:31pm

This fiction is like a decade and a half old. I'm so far beyond giving any amount of fuck about the sanctity of spoilers for this material. The show is going to catch up and surpass the books in a few years anyways and then what? Are the book readers going to start crying because show watchers are spoiling them? Who gives a shit?
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 3rd, 2014 @ 2:12am

It's hard for me since I don't actively watch the show and I haven't read the books on a few years, so I don't specifically remember the exact timeline of events.
CrossXhunteR

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 3rd, 2014 @ 12:52pm

LiQuid wrote:Oh wait, Cat's not dead. :lol:

You're fucking with me right?
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby GoodLordMan » Jun 3rd, 2014 @ 1:31pm

kevinep3 wrote:

honestly he could do worst
GoodLordMan

Postby LiQuid » Jun 3rd, 2014 @ 3:30pm

kevinep3 wrote:

I dunno, go read a fucking book and find out.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Jun 8th, 2014 @ 7:10pm

That was a pretty well done episode. Nothing big or shocking through, pretty much just an episode of "as expected".

Still, good episode.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Jun 8th, 2014 @ 11:34pm

Meh it was an hour of fighting in a storyline that's not particularly interesting. The weakest ep 9 of the series really, but that's ok since the rest of the season has been batshit fucking nutty since ep1. I guess they're saving [major character death] for next ep.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Jun 16th, 2014 @ 12:49am

Good episode 10. The previous finales have been kinda anti climatic but lots of good stuff happened for Season 4.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Jun 16th, 2014 @ 2:30am

Pretty disappointed that in the finale...
...they totally dodged the whole Tywin Lannister ruining Tyrion's first marriage and having his wife brutally raped over and over again.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 16th, 2014 @ 6:26am

What do you mean by dodged it? They told that story about Tyrion's first wife last season or the one before it.

I don't really like the change to Deus Ex Baratheon showing up to fuck up Manse's army. They talked such a big game about how big MR's army was yet Stannis rolled up with a couple hundred horsebros, stabbed a few wildlings and called it a day. I don't know why they didn't just have him show up at the 11th hour of the battle at Castle Black last episode which I believe is how it went down in the book. I think they just needed a finale scene with Jon Snow so they concocted the dumb peace talk shit. Or they needed an excuse to put Manse on screen again. Didn't really make a ton of sense.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics