Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby LiQuid » Jun 19th, 2014 @ 10:05pm

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/official ... st-8876107

So it this the end of year Power Rankings based on show info only?

1. Stannis Set (Image) - Stannis has a loan, an army, a fire crotch witch, and a rightful claim to the throne. Realistically, he had a shot at sieging King's Landing if it weren't for Tyrion's wildfire gambit and Tywin rollin' up behind them. With both of them out of KL, Stannis has a legit shot at it now.

2. Team Lannister (Image) - They lost two of their biggest assets in Tywin/Tyrion, but at the end of the day, they still have the throne and still have a connection with the Tyrells. That crazy bytch Cersei is now unabated to do whatever she wants in KL. Will she rise to the occasion and become a ruthless puppet master who continues Lannister tradtions? Or will she be content in sucking her brother's dikk erryday?

3. TargSet - Who knows what's up with this team. They could be GOATs or career underachievers. They have an army, vets, dragons, a claim to the throne ... it's all lined up, but they're busy spinning their wheels in the mud in the East listening to goat farmers ans shyt. They're like an overhyped Euro prospect that no one can project. They might be Dirk Nowitzki, they might be Toni Kukoc, or they might be Darko Milicic.

4. StarkSet Rookie Class '14 (Image) - While a couple of years away from making real noise, this lowkey core looking like the top 5 of the 2003 NBA Draft. Jon looking like Ned Jr. while getting tutored on leadership by some of the biggest vets in the land. Sansa getting put onto social tricks by Baelish. Bran about to get on dat dere next level warg time. Arya taking a trip to understudy with Ghostface Killah. The only question is when they will link up to take their talents back to Winterfell.

5.(tie) House Bolton (new) - I hate these fukkboys, but ultimately they just rolled the North.

5.(tie) House Arryn/Baelish (new) - Baelish is now sitting on two kids with powerful names that he can work his social games on. He's in a great defensive position in the Vale, but it sounds like the inhabitants don't generally branch out on offense and strictly play D like a Thibodeau team, so there's a glass ceiling of where this can go for now.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 25th, 2014 @ 3:35pm

CrossXhunteR

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 26th, 2014 @ 7:32am

CrossXhunteR wrote:

This is the best video on the internet
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby LiQuid » Jun 26th, 2014 @ 8:05am

The lady that plays Cat said Stoneheart ain't gonna be in the show. I'm not sure WHY, but she said it.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jun 26th, 2014 @ 8:06am

That video is just dogs in costumes. What the fuck is the matter with you two?
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Jun 26th, 2014 @ 8:21am

I didn't say anything. I saw a video on reddit that some might find amusing that happens to be related to this show. Sorry for sharing. Let me ask your permission first next time.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Jun 26th, 2014 @ 8:28am

Just posting it seems like an endorsement to me. Shameful. You should be ashamed.
LiQuid

Postby totoro » Jul 26th, 2014 @ 7:30pm

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby kenzo » Apr 12th, 2015 @ 10:04pm

Show is back. Pretty gud. First four episodes leaked onto the interwebs, contemplating being an asshole and watching them all.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 12th, 2015 @ 11:52pm

Man, Tyrion was spitting some hot alcoholic truth in this episode.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 12:28am

Dany needs to hurry up and get her dagronz back in line so she can start dropping mics again. All this heavy lies the crown shit is getting old.

I can't figure out why Brienne is still a character in this show. Without the Lady Stoneheart shit, it just doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm missing a way they can tie her back into the story, but at the moment she's just an annoying character on an annoying journey that makes no sense at all.

Jamie and Bronn roadtrip to Dorne is going to be the shit.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 2:01am

So, spoilers for the books incomming:
LiQuid wrote:Dany needs to hurry up and get her dagronz back in line so she can start dropping mics again. All this heavy lies the crown shit is getting old.
I know what you mean, but given what happens in the books, that isn't going to happen until at least the end of this season. Also, I watched the next two episodes because I'm a bad person, and I think the Dany-stuff is legit the best thing going on in this show, especially DAT ending to episode 4.

LiQuid wrote:I can't figure out why Brienne is still a character in this show. Without the Lady Stoneheart shit, it just doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm missing a way they can tie her back into the story, but at the moment she's just an annoying character on an annoying journey that makes no sense at all.
Spoiler: show
So since Jeylne Poole isn't a thing, Littlefinger takes Sansa home to wed Bruce Bolton's bastard and fill her role as whipping-girl. But Brienne doesn't trust littlefinger so she follows them. I'm going to bet she's the one who springs Jeylne/Sansa instead of Mance since him being kill is probably a perma-thing.
Also, Brienne is dope, I dunno why you hatin'.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 3:07am

Ok, I heard Manse didn't eat it in the books but I didn't know he was so involved. It makes sense that they're using better actors/characters to fill rolls that are relatively minor in the books (Like Varys being Tyrion's roadbro instead of the fat guy that was in like half an episode in season 1). I'm not a hater of Brienne. I think she's corny but fine, but the yarn they've spun to keep her involved in the story post-Cat and sans-Stoneheart is tenuous at best and it has made her continued involvement suspect. Now that I know she's just going to be filling a roll vacated by the late Mr. Rayder then that's fine. Consolidation is good. This show needs a lot less of GRRM's insufferable bloat.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 3:07am

And you shouldn't have watched ahead, dipshit. Those fucking leaks were 480p. Are you some kind of fucking animal?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 4:03am

Re: Mance
Spoiler: show
Yeah, the red-witch pulls some harry potter magic and makes it so nobody can recognize Manse and tricks everyone into thinking he died with a body double. She then uses him to lead some dudes to break Jeylne Poole (who is being used as a fake to pose as Arya Stark) out of Winterfell. She and dickless escape but Manse gets captured and LOL ensues. Spoiler-tagging because there's more than enough time for this to happen, but I'm not gonna bet on it if Brienne comes to the rescue.

I'm super excited about the prospects of what'll happen to Sansa. She's the most obnoxious character in this show, so watching her possibly get tortured will be fantastic. I've got some friends who actually like her, and look forward to her maybe becoming more of a game-playing, conniving, badass character, so I look forward to them getting super pissed off at her getting bullied by Ramsay.

Did the producers say they weren't doing Stoneheart or something? I'm still holding out hope that they do...

Honestly, I could watch Brienne & Podrick's Excellent Adventures all day. It also needs to end with Pod using his literally magic-penis on her as well. :lol:

LiQuid wrote:And you shouldn't have watched ahead, dipshit. Those fucking leaks were 480p. Are you some kind of fucking animal?
The joke's on you! 480p implies 480 lines of horizontal resolution, and IIRC those vids only had 386p or something ridiculous. :lol:

And yes, I've already established:
kenzo wrote:I watched the next two episodes because I'm a bad person
I actually watched the majority of the first four seasons in potato-quality because I didn't have HBO and my torrentless options for HD were limited back then. Rewatching them on-demand now that I have access to HBO the past month was the first time I saw most of the show in HD, and yeah, it's a really pretty show. I am rewatching these first 4 episodes in HD as they come out doe so it's not like I'm missing out.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 5:05am

I'm actually going to be really dumbfounded if the show went out of its way to show all the dumb resurrection magic at work with Beric Dondarrion and then don't use it for actual, major plot points, but no, they said no Stoneheart.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 20th, 2015 @ 12:54pm

Jamie and Varys fucking slay me in this.

Tyrion too.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 4th, 2015 @ 5:45pm

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 4th, 2015 @ 5:59pm

I'm going to be pissed if he's actually dead. Especially since he plays such an important role in the books.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 4th, 2015 @ 6:29pm

Dunno, he looked pretty dead to me. I imagine they are setting it up as a catalyst for Dany to finally lay down some fucking law in her new shithole. Also they're pretty clearly clearing out a vacancy for Fedora Mormont to come back in and fill.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 12th, 2015 @ 3:56pm

kenzo

Postby kenzo » May 18th, 2015 @ 1:16am

What a ridiculously uncomfortable scene to end episode 6 on. Pretty gross and mortifying.

However I'm already enjoying the backlash online from horrified fans. Portraying rape is somehow off limits even though people were a OK with the show in the past showing much more graphical stuff like the violent stabbing of a pregnant woman's belly, or some dude's head being squished like a watermelon.

Like, yeah, rape is awful. But I think it's disingenuous to like a show that talks about it constantly and portray much more heinous crimes on a regular basis, and then have this be the straw that broke the camel's back. Then and again maybe I'm just desensitized thanks to watching a bunch of horror movies or bad anime like Berserk.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 18th, 2015 @ 2:08am

Reading people's reactions to the end where no one would come out and say what happened, I figured someone got raped. A thing that has happened on this show before.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 18th, 2015 @ 2:42am

Internet backlash is causing me to celebrate every show that's brave enough to depict sexual violence in spite of the fact that there's guaranteed to be an internet backlash. I'm not pro-rape, let's make that clear, but I'm very, very anti-internet backlash. I think GoT specifically is starting to dare these outraged individuals to stop watching it. I'd like to think that anyways. The show has certainly never made any apologies for the atrocities it has depicted. Furthermore, a lot of the most heinous acts in this show are not even directed at women. Think about everything in this show that has happened to Theon. Why is there no internet outrage about any of that? No, instead we get funny gifs of Ramsay wagging a sausage at him. Hopefully next week Ramsay makes a coy finger-penetrating-hole-on-other-hand gesture at Sansa next week so I can turn that into a funny gif!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 18th, 2015 @ 2:51am

You could argue she wasn't raped on some technicalities, but definitely some rape imagery going on.

It's a brutal subject and shouldn't really be played for entertainment. But the outage is so laughably disingenuous or hypocritical. Like, nbd when we see graphic mass-raping in Castor's Keep to people with no names. But when it's mostly just implied with some muffled groans of pain, but happens to our pretty pretty princess, the sky is falling.

Like, this is a brutal show that takes place in a brutal world. People get upset at the show depicting that brutality, but I think it's kind of necessary on a certain level. They talk about all this messed up shit, but unless you see it, you're really just downplaying and taking for granted all that stuff. It's like a war movie that foregoes the actual violence of war and glamorizes war instead. I think that lack of perspective and disingenuousness is much more toxic than depicting rape in a world where it's an every day occurrence.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 18th, 2015 @ 10:05am

God these fucking chicks...

LiQuid

Postby kevinep3 » May 18th, 2015 @ 10:50am

Didn't like literally the same thing happen to danny in ep 2 from drogo?
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby kenzo » May 18th, 2015 @ 12:40pm

kevinep3 wrote:Didn't like literally the same thing happen to danny in ep 2 from drogo?
Yeah, but she ended up liking it, and it's easy to forget that Drogo was a monster who raped and pillaged villages for fun.

LiQuid wrote:God these fucking chicks...
This show has never had good fight scenes, but this season is really suffering from some QUALITY.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 18th, 2015 @ 12:49pm

Wait, that was an actual fight scene, meant to be taken seriously? I thought they were rehearsing a play-fight or something.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2015 @ 4:48am

Fucking Sand Snakes are too damn funny.

LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics