Page 20 of 22

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 24th, 2015 @ 11:47pm
by LiQuid
Glad they didn't wait too long to give Cersei hers. She was fucking insufferable this season.

That Sand Snake chicks got some nice ass titties tho, right???

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 25th, 2015 @ 1:46am
by kenzo
LiQuid wrote:That Sand Snake chicks got some nice ass titties tho, right???


Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 26th, 2015 @ 5:00am
by kevinep3
kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:That Sand Snake chicks got some nice ass titties tho, right???


When I watched that scene I was jus thinking like man ladies just love showing off their boobs in this show, also god damn.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015 @ 7:07pm
by kevinep3
Tonight's ep was fucking great

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015 @ 8:38pm
by Mr_eX
Best episode of the series

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015 @ 10:25pm
by kenzo

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015 @ 11:34pm
by LiQuid
People are so easily amused. This is the first episode this season where anything happens. There was some cool stuff but it was a lot of shakycam grimdark fighty nonsense.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015 @ 11:57pm
by kenzo
I don't think the fights were all that amazing, but they're pretty OK. But mostly, it's the fulfillment of a several years old promise that these fucking snow-zombies and their lich overlords are actually going to be doing shit so we can see the meta-plot progress a little.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 8th, 2015 @ 9:36pm
by LiQuid
Everybody thought last week's episode was the episode. This week's episode was the episode.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 8th, 2015 @ 9:56pm
by LiQuid
Remember when the Unsullied used to rule? I barely do. They're so shit tier lately a bunch of masked idiots with steak knives fuck them up.


Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 8th, 2015 @ 10:20pm
by kenzo
They're supposed to be like, this metaphor for the US in Iraq, where crack special forces trained for warfare not being very well suited to occupation and policing.

And yet, in this show it's not very fucking convincing. I get that a mob of mask-faces should take out a single soldier ambushed in an alley. But stick 'em in a chaotic situation like that where a mask-guy overpowers them one-on-one and it's just fuckin' dumb.

Also, where is the fucking security for this place? They've already had attempts on the Queen's life. How do you just let a bunch of mooks enter a closed space like that full of weapons and giant masks??

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 8th, 2015 @ 10:42pm
by LiQuid

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 10th, 2015 @ 3:53pm
by BeowolfSchaefer
kenzo wrote:Also, where is the fucking security for this place? They've already had attempts on the Queen's life. How do you just let a bunch of mooks enter a closed space like that full of weapons and giant masks??


I think the number of mask dudes was what gave them the advantage. Nobody in Khaleesi's government suspected there were so many. That's my guess anyway.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 11th, 2015 @ 12:13am
by LiQuid
Me irl

Image

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 11th, 2015 @ 12:16am
by LiQuid
Jorah's fatroll makes me sad. He needs to get get under 50% load.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 14th, 2015 @ 10:55pm
by LiQuid

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 14th, 2015 @ 11:02pm
by LiQuid
Seriously, half the cast died tonight. RIP.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 15th, 2015 @ 1:29am
by kenzo
Yeah, pretty brutal. I'm pretty sure every named character in westeros is going to be kill before Danny shows up at the end to burn all the zombies with her dragons

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 17th, 2015 @ 9:17pm
by DarthEnder
Just finished marathoning the season like I usually do.

So, anyone have any problems with the changes from the books so far?

I don't. This season still hit what few high points books 4 and 5 had. It was a good idea to take book 3, which was awesome and split it into 2 seasons, and take books 4 and 5, which sucked, and combine them into 1.

There's kinda just one major plot thread from the books that they're either skipping altogether, or they're saving it for later, that being [book spoiler:]
Spoiler: show
Caitlin Stark's resurrection. Which is weird, because they already introduced all the characters that facilitate that plot thread.

There really was no Bran in this season at all. Also, is Ghost's CGI, like, crazy expensive or something? He was in this season for a grand total of 3 seconds! And, you know what, would have come in pretty handy at the end there. Shows up to help Sam, is nowhere to be found for Jon.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 18th, 2015 @ 11:31am
by GiantAsianMan
DarthEnder wrote:There's kinda just one major plot thread from the books that they're either skipping altogether, or they're saving it for later, that being [book spoiler:]
Spoiler: show
Caitlin Stark's resurrection. Which is weird, because they already introduced all the characters that facilitate that plot thread.

I'd wager they're skipping it altogether:
Spoiler: show
Since the prevailing theory is that Jon Snow isn't dead (or rather, is dead, but will be resurrected by Melisandre, who happened to bail on Stannis and arrive back at Castle Black at just the right moment), the storytelling reason why the showrunners would decide to cut Lady Stoneheart is that they might not have wanted to play the "main character resurrection" card too early. If they bring Caitlin back from the dead, then any major character who dies (so, literally everyone) is capable of returning, and that would ruin whatever suspense they are trying to create with Jon. Sure, we've seen Beric Dondarrion be resurrected, but that was most likely just to set up the fact that Red Priests (or Priestesses) are capable of such things so it doesn't seem completely out of left field if/when Melisandre does it to Jon. And once you do that with a major character, you really can't go back to that well again, so I doubt we'll see Zombie Caitlin at all in the series.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 18th, 2015 @ 12:43pm
by LiQuid
The Jon is a Targaryen theory is a pretty good one. It makes a lot of sense that he would be fucking Fantasy Jesus and come back and save the fucking world from bullshit AND have a rightful claim to the throne since that would prove how much of a fucking hack GRRM is, which I've always thought but have been unable to prove.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 18th, 2015 @ 8:36pm
by DarthEnder
LiQuid wrote:The Jon is a Targaryen theory is a pretty good one. It makes a lot of sense that he would be fucking Fantasy Jesus and come back and save the fucking world from bullshit AND have a rightful claim to the throne since that would prove how much of a fucking hack GRRM is, which I've always thought but have been unable to prove.
And you'll never be able to prove it, because he'll never actually get to the part of the books where that get's revealed.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 18th, 2015 @ 10:57pm
by LiQuid
Show is canon based on his broad ideas, and that's guaranteed to finish because actual human beings with actual human being time restraints are creating it.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 20th, 2015 @ 11:07pm
by DarthEnder
Look, they can't both be canon. They both cover the same events, and they're not the same. That's not how canon works. You can't have two DIFFERENT canons.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 20th, 2015 @ 11:44pm
by kenzo
DarthEnder wrote:Look, they can't both be canon. They both cover the same events, and they're not the same. That's not how canon works. You can't have two DIFFERENT canons.
And yet, we get the whole notion of 'canon' from the Bible - which does exactly just that, have different perspectives on the same person/events that conflict with each other. :lol:

Know what's got multiple things that are canon that cover the same events but are not the same? Macross. You know why? Because you can look at the shows/movies of the franchise as different (fictional) historical accounts of the same events from differing perspectives.

And, it's important to note that the Song of Ice and Fire series are all told from multiple perspectives. Who is to say all these perspectives are reliable?

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2015 @ 5:38am
by DarthEnder
kenzo wrote:And yet, we get the whole notion of 'canon' from the Bible - which does exactly just that, have different perspectives on the same person/events that conflict with each other.
It also has nothing to do with the modern usage of the word as it relates to literature, which originated in discussions about the Sherlock Holmes universe.

kenzo wrote:And, it's important to note that the Song of Ice and Fire series are all told from multiple perspectives. Who is to say all these perspectives are reliable?
The guy who created it and gets to decide which ones are.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2015 @ 7:20am
by kevinep3
if comic books have taught me anything its that every single thing written by an official entity (ala HBO) is also canon. Its all canon just existing in different universes.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2015 @ 2:02pm
by DarthEnder
kevinep3 wrote:if comic books have taught me anything its that every single thing written by an official entity (ala HBO) is also canon. Its all canon just existing in different universes.
They aren't the SAME canon though. The canon of the TV series is separate form the canon of the books. You can choose which one you consider to be the canon you actually care about, but you can't say they're BOTH canon, because the two versions are not canonical to each other.

Marvel and DC universes are of course exceptions to this, because they specifically set up plot devices that allow characters to travel "between" their various continuities. And while not unique to comic books, the vast majority of media does not contain this plot device.

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2015 @ 2:12pm
by kenzo
DarthEnder wrote:
kenzo wrote:And yet, we get the whole notion of 'canon' from the Bible - which does exactly just that, have different perspectives on the same person/events that conflict with each other.
It also has nothing to do with the modern usage of the word as it relates to literature
ITT: DarthEnder doesn't understand what 'canon' means

Re: Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2015 @ 5:21pm
by DarthEnder
kenzo wrote:ITT: DarthEnder doesn't understand what 'canon' means
I know enough to know that, like many words, canon has more than a single meaning. And that the literary meaning is different from the religious one, and while we were clearly talking about the former, you're trying to use the latter, like a dipshit.

While we're at it, I think I'll go start a thread to discuss water fowl, and you can come in and start talking about construction equipment.