Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Whatcha been watching?

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 12:27am

Dragon Ball Super spoiler:

Spoiler: show
So this week, Goku combined all 3 of his powerup transformations at the same time. Including one he hasn't used since the Namek arc.

I just wanted you guys to know that. For trivia purposes.
DarthEnder

Postby meDotJS » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 11:36am

DarthEnder wrote:Dragon Ball Super spoiler:

So this week, Goku combined all 3 of his powerup transformations at the same time. Including one he hasn't used since the Namek arc.

I just wanted you guys to know that. For trivia purposes.

God damn that was so stupid. Super has tested my patience and tolerance for a new Dragonball, basically relying on massive amounts of nostalgia to survive, but I think I've been patient long enough. I can't do this anymore. I'll see this arc through to the end (especially since it has like one or two episodes left), but after that I'm done for good with Super.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 12:40pm

Is there a picture of it? What's his power level?
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 1:18pm

LiQuid wrote:Is there a picture of it? What's his power level?

As for his powerlevel, well, it's big. Just big. All the characters, even the gods, pretty much spend the entire scene in shock.

Also why aren't we talking about this in the anime thread? Seems like a more appropriate thread for this.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 1:33pm

Nobody wants to be in the anime thread.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 18th, 2016 @ 10:26pm

I signed up for Amazon prime, what should I watch? Do they have good shows?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 12:46am

Watched Ex Machine on Amazon. It was a pretty good looking movie and well acted but fucking irritating. Were we supposed to empathize with the fucking robots? Cause there's one thing this constant fucking flood of "Empathize with the AI!" media has done over the last few years and that's made me 100% certain I'll never empathize with the fucking robots. Feel bad for Oscar Isaac. All he wanted to do was live alone in the mountain and make himself an army of Real Dolls to fuck and he got murdered for it. BULL SHIT.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 5:46am

meDotJS wrote:Also why aren't we talking about this in the anime thread? Seems like a more appropriate thread for this.
I didn't know there was one, or I would have posted it there.

Forum won't even let me search for it. Says "anime" is too common a word.

LiQuid wrote:Is there a picture of it? What's his power level?
They stopped using those a long time ago sadly when characters started going over a million and scouters couldn't read them anymore.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 7:18am

LiQuid wrote:I signed up for Amazon prime, what should I watch? Do they have good shows?

The Man in the High Castle is alright and I've heard good things about Mad Dogs
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 8:15am

Better Call Saul is so fucking irritating. I didn't realize this was the series finale. I'm glad. I'm so sick of this show. This season has been shit and I'll never understand the praise heaped on it. I've rolled my eyes so many times at the clumsy, heavy-handed plotting in this and Chuck whipping out the old HA HA I WAS RECORDING YOUR CONFESSION trope at the end was the cherry on top the shit sundae.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 3:28pm

The Man in the High Castle's OP features a menacing version of Edelweiss, we're off to a GREAT start.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 6:04pm

That show is interesting but it's a little too grimdark and stupid for me to take seriously and not fall asleep thru
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 7:27pm

First ep was definitely not very impressive. I think I have better things to watch, like the entirety of season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt which I totally forgot came out!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 8:02pm

New Kimmy Schmidt is out? Will watch
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2016 @ 8:24pm

LiQuid

Postby dakazu » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 12:18am

NXT has been nothing but tapings from Wrestlemania weekend and I'm kinda disappointed. It's probably time to really dip into Lucha Underground.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 2:12am

Yep, NXT has been Axxess tapings and RoH has been all tapings from fucking FEBRUARY when they were in Tokyo. I still have a fucking ton of LU to catch up on at least.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 4:11pm

Even tho it was old shit the Joe Vs. Crews match on NXT this week was pretty good. Towards the end when Crews ran at Joe in the corner and Joe smashed him on the ground, that sell from Crews was hilarious. He went stiff like he just took a KO blow to the chin in a real fight and bounced high as he flipped over, almost completely still. I rewound the replay on that like 10 times just watching it it was so awesome. Good to see Crews can wrestle a legit match. His main roster shit so far as been flashy spot monkey nonsense. That dude's still DOA without a character tho.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 7:22pm

Mr_eX wrote:New Kimmy Schmidt is out? Will watch
"The internet doesn't talk like that. The internet talks like Chandler."

I lost my shit when Mike's grandma was a muppet.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 10:46pm

Deadpool is one of the best movies I've ever seen in my entire life. 10/10, 100%. I'm thinking about lowering all the scores on every other movie I've ever rated a 10 because I can't rate Deadpool higher.

I'm never going to be able to see that again for the first time. How depressing is the rest of my life going to be?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 23rd, 2016 @ 1:24am

Every millisecond from Sami in this match is perfection.

Dean looks weak as fuck tho after the hot tag, his offense has almost no impact I have to wonder if he was going soft on his boss. Amazing match. I wish we saw them this good and uncut like this on Raw.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 24th, 2016 @ 4:55pm

Jungle Book was fantastic.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 24th, 2016 @ 5:02pm

I enjoyed it enough, even though I was falling asleep in my chair. AMC recliners are too comfy.

Didn't like the kid all that much, bunch liked the cgi animals.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 25th, 2016 @ 6:28am

Silicon Valley is back and still great.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 26th, 2016 @ 4:38am

Sami Rusev was so fucking hype on Raw this week holy shit.

The Sami/KO video package for Payback was fucking awesome too. Man I wish those two were main eventing. Way too good a feud, way too much talent and way too much character to be mid carding.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 28th, 2016 @ 3:40pm

During the Takeover/Mania weekend all I kept hearing was how bad WWE is and how good NXT is but this month has been the complete opposite. NXT has been running month-old Axxess shows the entire month. They just showed a recap of Samoa Joe taking the title off Balor that happened weeks ago in an untelevized house show... I know there's business reasons behind that (Balor is expected to show up at Payback in the AJ/Roman storyline and get his bump up to the main roster) but that match looked fucking incredible, they needed to show us that.

Aside from a small handful of quality wrestlers, the current NXT roster just seems so bland too. Most of the hot NXT superstars have already moved up and have been crushing it on the main product. They've got good champions now (Joe and Asuka) but the caliber of the challengers they have is just not up to snuff. The match Asuka did with Eva Marie on this week's (month old) show was abysmal. Eva Maria is unspeakably bad in the ring. Every movement she makes, it feels like she's sleepwalking. I know everybody has to start somewhere, but if you can't even muster up the enthusiasm of a pillow fight when you're in a match with the current women's champion get the fuck out of the ring already.

The absolute BEST thing about these NXT shows is that there's ONE dude, front row, in a red T-shirt and hat to the left of the entrance ramp that has been featured in all of these episodes and he's the BIGGEST fucking mark I've ever seen (and probably drunk off his ass). He's actually been funnier to watch than the wrestling.
LiQuid

Postby dhilonv » Apr 29th, 2016 @ 1:17am

Captain America: Civil War 8.5/10
dhilonv

Postby dakazu » Apr 29th, 2016 @ 2:27am

LiQuid wrote:During the Takeover/Mania weekend all I kept hearing was how bad WWE is and how good NXT is but this month has been the complete opposite. NXT has been running month-old Axxess shows the entire month. They just showed a recap of Samoa Joe taking the title off Balor that happened weeks ago in an untelevized house show... I know there's business reasons behind that (Balor is expected to show up at Payback in the AJ/Roman storyline and get his bump up to the main roster) but that match looked fucking incredible, they needed to show us that.

Aside from a small handful of quality wrestlers, the current NXT roster just seems so bland too. Most of the hot NXT superstars have already moved up and have been crushing it on the main product. They've got good champions now (Joe and Asuka) but the caliber of the challengers they have is just not up to snuff. The match Asuka did with Eva Marie on this week's (month old) show was abysmal. Eva Maria is unspeakably bad in the ring. Every movement she makes, it feels like she's sleepwalking. I know everybody has to start somewhere, but if you can't even muster up the enthusiasm of a pillow fight when you're in a match with the current women's champion get the fuck out of the ring already.

The absolute BEST thing about these NXT shows is that there's ONE dude, front row, in a red T-shirt and hat to the left of the entrance ramp that has been featured in all of these episodes and he's the BIGGEST fucking mark I've ever seen (and probably drunk off his ass). He's actually been funnier to watch than the wrestling.

Totally Agree. I've been enjoying more RAW/Smackdown since Wrestlemania. Looking forward to Payback this Sunday as well.

Eva has a been around for a while now and she's gotten better but goddamn her submissions that match looked fucking TERRIBLE. I was dying laughing because poor Asuka was trying to sell it so much and you can see Eva's knee is barely on Asuka's back.

I just want Nakamura to have a good opponent but I doubt we'll ever get anyone as good as Sami. Poor guy is jobbing out to EVERYONE on RAW. Hope he doesn't get buried like Tyler Breeze.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » Apr 29th, 2016 @ 2:36am

They just did a taping for the next months worth of NXT shows. I kinda wanna read the spoilers, but I kinda don't.

Eva was actually WORSE than she was in this match?! Was she in a wheelchair???
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 2nd, 2016 @ 9:58am

Payback was alright but I didn't like how most of the matches ended.

Start was horrible as Enzo got injured 5 mins into the Tag match and kinda killed the mood of the entire crowd. Luckily it seems to be a concussion and nothing else.

Sami/Owens match was great but I'm sad Sami lost again! Not sure I agree with that decision because KO didn't need a win to be over but Sami kinda did. Looks like they'll both be feuding for the IC belt because they interrupted Miz/Cesaro and got that match disqualified.

Ambrose/Jerricho fight was pretty meh. My opinion of Ambrose has kinda soured. He sells real well but none of his moves have any impact. It's weird.

Charlotte/Natalya match was pretty good but that ending was strange. I guess it's a reference to when Ric screwed over Brett? Brett trying to do the sharpshooter was kinda bad but expected given his age. I though Ric's selling was WAAAAAAAY better than Charlotte's LOL.

The crowd chanting CM Punk during Vince McMahon's speech was fucking stupid. Why would they chant that when it won't change anything? Is Chicago where CM Punk is from or something? I did like the decision to have Shane and Stephanie run RAW though.

Main event of AJ/Roman was pretty great! AJ doing all sorts of shit while Roman had some choice moments as well. Thought the Roman punch counter to AJ's flying fist was the spot of the match. Roman is starting to get over with the crowd more so that's good. Disappointed Balor didn't show up but maybe on Raw today.

Preshow matches were alright. Baron/Dolph match was not the best but at least Baron's getting more used to showing emotion. Kalisto/Ryback was pretty enjoyable and better than their Wrestlemania match for sure.

My main complaint about the matches were how some of them ended, especially the woman's match. How are they gonna justify that ref just ending it? The only storyline that I can think can work is Charlotte becoming a champ that get's beaten every match but doesn't lose her belt on technicalities.

Wondering how the writers will be scrambling to adjust things now that Enzo and Cass are out
dakazu

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics