Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Whatcha been watching?

Postby totoro » May 2nd, 2016 @ 12:40pm

Silicon Valley remains one of the best shows on television.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby LiQuid » May 2nd, 2016 @ 2:12pm

Eh first couple episodes been kinda weak and I love Stephen Tobolowsky.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 2nd, 2016 @ 3:32pm

dakazu wrote:Payback was alright but I didn't like how most of the matches ended.

Start was horrible as Enzo got injured 5 mins into the Tag match and kinda killed the mood of the entire crowd. Luckily it seems to be a concussion and nothing else.

Yeah this sucked but in my head E+C were meant to lose this match anyways. They don't need to win to be over and them advancing to the tag championship puts them up against the most over stable in the company right now and putting both of your most over faces against each other is no way to run a company.

Sami/Owens match was great but I'm sad Sami lost again! Not sure I agree with that decision because KO didn't need a win to be over but Sami kinda did. Looks like they'll both be feuding for the IC belt because they interrupted Miz/Cesaro and got that match disqualified.

I think you're wrong here. Sami needs no help whatsoever getting over. He's one of the most over guys in the entire roster right now. He gets the biggest pops just from his music starting up. Not only that, but it's indisputable that KO is one of their best mic guys right now, so putting him on the forefront of the program to get the IC title back is best for that, and you can always have him and Sami duke it out again at Summerslam. It's still real early for both of those guys. I honestly hope they fight at every PPV for the rest of their careers. That match was incredible.

Cesaro and Miz was acceptable. Both of those guys are pretty good workers but it's bad when the highlight of your match is when the two guys from the previous match interrupted so they can keep kicking each others' asses. Quality fucking entertainment from Sami and KO yet again. Miz retaining is meaningless grand scheme.

Ambrose/Jerricho fight was pretty meh. My opinion of Ambrose has kinda soured. He sells real well but none of his moves have any impact. It's weird.

Dean isn't a great worker and Jericho is proven to have slowed lately. This was always going to be a mediocre match because the reason you're paying both of those guys is to talk. They're both really good at it. You feud 2 marginal wrestlers but amazing talkers for the promos.

Charlotte/Natalya match was pretty good but that ending was strange. I guess it's a reference to when Ric screwed over Brett? Brett trying to do the sharpshooter was kinda bad but expected given his age. I though Ric's selling was WAAAAAAAY better than Charlotte's LOL.

This match was good but that finish was fucking trashcan booking. It was clear homage to the Montreal Screwjob but most importantly a reason to keep the belt on Charlotte "clean" because she needs it for the Sasha feud leading into Summer Slam

The crowd chanting CM Punk during Vince McMahon's speech was fucking stupid. Why would they chant that when it won't change anything? Is Chicago where CM Punk is from or something? I did like the decision to have Shane and Stephanie run RAW though.

Main event of AJ/Roman was pretty great! AJ doing all sorts of shit while Roman had some choice moments as well. Thought the Roman punch counter to AJ's flying fist was the spot of the match. Roman is starting to get over with the crowd more so that's good. Disappointed Balor didn't show up but maybe on Raw today.

The Running Raw promo went on too long, but I liked the conclusion of it and how it paid off in the main event match with both kids coming out to lay down some law on old era shit booking (even tho new era booking was just as shit but that's just because of how predictable it is that Roman keeps the belt) Yes CM Punk is from Chicago. I thought Vince fed the smark crowd alright during the segment.

The main event itself was not bad. AJ obviously carried, but Roman got some alright (by Roman standards) work in. Make no mistake tho Roman will never be over with the smarks. Never. There's no forgiveness for marginal wrestlers getting over-pushed on the internet. It's a shame because he's not as bad as a lot of the rabble would have you believe. He's not a great wrestler, but as a package he's good enough to be the champ. I just wish WWE would get over the idea that they need to have their big, strong, superhero champ to appeal to ladies and kids and turn him heel.

Preshow matches were alright. Baron/Dolph match was not the best but at least Baron's getting more used to showing emotion. Kalisto/Ryback was pretty enjoyable and better than their Wrestlemania match for sure.

My main complaint about the matches were how some of them ended, especially the woman's match. How are they gonna justify that ref just ending it? The only storyline that I can think can work is Charlotte becoming a champ that get's beaten every match but doesn't lose her belt on technicalities.

Wondering how the writers will be scrambling to adjust things now that Enzo and Cass are out

I liked the Baron/Dolph booking. Playing up Corbin's inexperience as the reason for his loss against the vet Dolph was good for both guys. Corbin looks ok in this, Dolph looked good which is great cuz it's hard not to feel like he's getting left behind lately. I didn't catch Ryback and Kalisto at mania but they were both good here. People hate Ryback cuz he's Goldberg 2.0 but I think he's a nice guy a quality wrestler and he's got a great look for a monster. He deserves a better program than the current non-promo rematches to lose the US title every PPV.

As I said before I don't think Enzo being hurt effects anything. They can have the Villains advance to the New Day because whoever faces the New Day has to lose because it's the fucking New Day and New Day Rocks. Hopefully Enzo is ok enought that they can still bring him in for a promo and just keep him out of ring action while his head realigns, cause he's a shooting star and you don't wanna lose that momentum.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 5th, 2016 @ 3:21pm

NXT is back at Fullsail so that month of mediocre AXCESS tapings is finally behind us.

Lots of new indie talent being brought in. Kinda wish they'd focus on their developmental wrestlers some more but maybe they're not ready yet.

Also noticing that a lot of these new wrestlers have really bad promos and gimmicks. They're all technically sound but they really lack in character.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 5th, 2016 @ 7:40pm

They did finally focus on their developmental wrestlers and the result was No Way Jose. Be careful what you wish for.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 12th, 2016 @ 4:23am

Can't wait to see how NXT finally books a loss for Nakamura. Love that guy but now I'm sure we'll have to wait another month for yet another squash. His entrance lasted longer than the match against Alex Riley this week.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 13th, 2016 @ 10:46am

It's sad that some NXT are so short. Guess we'll have to wait for the next Takeover for the matches we want.

At least we're getting great matches on the main roster. 4 way on Smackdown this week was on point. Sami/KO are my favorite main roster guys besides the women.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 22nd, 2016 @ 9:42am

Watching some old NXT Takeovers. Champ Zayn vs. KO from Takeover Rivals Feb 2015... I can't even believe what I'm watching. I know Sami's one of the best salesman in the WWE right now, but the sells in this match are RIDICULOUS. KO flung him into the turnbuckle and Sami bounced off and almost did a 360 corkscrew off of it before landing on his side. It's almost a little TOO over the top but fucking insane that he's almost as acrobatic while getting his ass kicked as Neville and Balor were in the flippyshit match earlier in the PPV.

Speaking of flippyshit, I found my new favorite subreddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flippyshit

edit: that match was incredible

Man I REEEEEEALLY hope WWE is building towards a singles match between KO and Sami at Summer Slam. No bullshit, no gimmicks, no fatal 4-way nonsense. Just let KO beat the shit out of Sami and let them work for a half hour like this match.

Oh, I can take videos of shit now

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2016 @ 7:34am

This season of Silicon Valley been kinda wack imo. I think maybe its formula is starting to wear on me a little. Maybe it's the fact that they've lost the best character from each of the first season. There has been some pretty funny shit scattered around these 5 episodes, but overall I just finish each one underwhelmed.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 5:04am

Just started watching last night's Raw... I kinda can't believe it. Seth comes out to the biggest pop I've heard on a Raw since Mania. Seems like he's playing a face angle. Then the 180 to full heel. I don't fucking get the WWE. They're doubling, tripling, or quadrupling down on this Roman face thing when they had the perfect opportunity for an out. Disgusting. This company is just disgusting.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:09am

Just looking at the results of last night's RAW, looks like a lot of people have been added to next month's Money in the Bank match, including Sami Zayn. I wonder if they will let him win that. I assume not, but it would be nice.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 6:48am

I don't have confidence in this company's ability to push any meaningful win on Sami. I'm sure somewhere down the line he will start to get his Zack Ryder honorary straps, but the WWE doesn't make a habit of rewarding quality wrestlers. Sami doesn't have either the look or the mic to be a bonafide contender. I'm happy enough to get to see him work every week and he's good enough to draw on PPVs so we will continue to see amazing matches like the Mania IC ladder and this Extreme Rules fatal 4 way.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 24th, 2016 @ 9:03am

Despite how good the Sami/KO stuff has been in WWE post-mania, the creative direction is so bad.

Rollins heel is a total waste, Charlotte dumping her dad because she's cocky makes her seem like such a weak champ, and AJ breaking up the Club for what?

Why are Seamus and Apollo fueding only to both lose their Money in the Bank Qualifiers? Why did Dolph cut a promo about being a technical wrestler and then lose to Ambrose? It makes Dolph look like an idiot.

No wonder Cody Rhodes left
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2016 @ 4:39pm

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh, that Charlotte promo was kind of brilliant. It started out super awkward and lame. Char looked like she was legitimately breaking down at the WHAT chants, and it still seems like she gets too rustled by them. But then somewhere in the middle of the promo she started going in really hard and by the end of it she had the crowd eating out of her hand. She's still a bit green but getting her loopy fucking dad out of the picture is good for her IMO. The worst thing about that promo was that Dana Brooke felt like a third wheel pretty hard during it. After her pretty good comedy appearance at Extreme Rules it seemed weird for her to be in the middle of some awkward af family drama.

The mid card stuff is all whatever. There's no real reason to put guys like Sheamus and Dolph in MitB over keeping their currently hot feuds going. At least they gave those guys something to do.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » May 25th, 2016 @ 7:56pm

That was an unfortunately weak end to what was a pretty good season of Supernatural.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby dakazu » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:45am

WWE is going to have a roster split now that Smackdown will aslo be live on Tuesdays. Excited to see more potential people getting screen time but it seems weird after people have been released or left the company recently.

Wonder who will go where.
dakazu

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 1:59am

Yo, I hadn't heard anything about that, that's fucking awesome. I HOPE they aren't both 3 hour shows tho... Smackdown as it is now seems so unimportant to watch since it's just low rent followups to any story development on Raw. They have MORE than enough talent on that main roster to fill two live shows with different guys main eventing programs on each. That's super exciting. I wonder if Cody knew about the upcoming roster split before he asked for his release? You gotta wonder if maybe he could have had an expanded role with smaller rosters competing for TV time.

Anyways, haven't read anything about any of that so gonna head to squaredcircle and see what the smarks think.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 2:03am

How are they going to split the belts up?? Will there be a 2nd women's belt? Will both shows have their own "the guy?" so many questions.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 2:09am

Sunday: PPV
Monday: Raw
Tuesday: Smackdown
Wednesday: NXT

God help you if you follow LU or RoH weekly.
LiQuid

Postby dakazu » May 26th, 2016 @ 2:55am

Cody probably knew but based on his statement I think he was just fed up playing his Stardust character. His wife also left WWE
dakazu

Postby Mr_eX » May 26th, 2016 @ 7:06am

It's weird Cody burned bridges on his way out.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 26th, 2016 @ 9:21am

Eh, he only burned bridges with the writers, who are meaningless in the grand scheme. Only Vince matters. The Rhodes family is important enough to wrestling that I'm sure he'd be welcomed back to the company if he ever wanted it. Dustin's staying with the company anyways. I think Cody's fine.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » May 28th, 2016 @ 3:55pm

Xmen Apocalypse is most certainly the weakest of the prequel/reboot movies, but it's still an entertaining movie.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Jun 5th, 2016 @ 7:57am

Picked up The Walking Dead where I left off like 3 years ago. I don't know why I do this to myself. This show is written by and for toddlers. There's no other explanation. It's shocking how they manage to fit so much hackneyed awful writing and on the nose symbolism 101 into each 42 minute episode.

I didn't want to make a huge rant out of it, but there's one thing in particular that actually fucking pisses me off so bad. This was first half of season 4 for reference, the end of the prison/Governor arc. So like there's a scene during the Gov's side story where he is teaching the little girl how to play chess and telling her about pawns "those are the soldiers, a lot of those can die and you can still win the game" and the king, and she draws a fucking eyepatch like his on the king, like what fucking high school freshman came up with this bullshit (I'd wager this exact scene is in the comics, so I'll assume this is straight from fucking Kirkman). This wouldn't be so bad except for at the end of the mid-season finale when the Gov finally eats it, for no discernible reason that I can even begin to fathom, that same chess piece happens to be at the scene of the climax, the prison and one of the final shots of the episode is a zombie shambling over it, eyepatch and all... WHO FUCKING WRITES THIS SHIT????????????????????????????????????????? Why is this show still so fucking popular? People are SO FUCKING STUPID!
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 6th, 2016 @ 3:12pm

In a move long overdue, and sure to please Kevin were he to ever see this, I finally picked up Boardwalk Empire again. Pushed through season 3, beginning season 4 now. Show is still pretty good but there are several characters and storylines that should probably have been ejected long ago for being uninteresting and having nothing to do with anything. Dude with the effed face is the best but he's had nothing to do with anything for a few episodes now. Jimmy's mom likewise, provides nothing to the story. I'm glad they wrote Mrs Schroder out of the story tho because she likewise was boring and increasingly marginalized to the plot.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 2:36am

The cannibals were the closest thing to making Walking Dead watchable in the entire 4+ seasons of it that I've seen so far and they only lasted like 4 god damned episode. This show makes me sadder than all these emo fucks that I can't wait to get eaten by zambays. :(
LiQuid

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 9:51am

kenzo wrote:In a move long overdue, and sure to please Kevin were he to ever see this, I finally picked up Boardwalk Empire again. Pushed through season 3, beginning season 4 now. Show is still pretty good but there are several characters and storylines that should probably have been ejected long ago for being uninteresting and having nothing to do with anything. Dude with the effed face is the best but he's had nothing to do with anything for a few episodes now. Jimmy's mom likewise, provides nothing to the story. I'm glad they wrote Mrs Schroder out of the story tho because she likewise was boring and increasingly marginalized to the plot.

Fuck yeah, there's some pretty good shit that happens. Gyp rosetti is the best
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

Postby kenzo » Jun 7th, 2016 @ 1:17pm

Gyp went out like a little bitch
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 9th, 2016 @ 5:45am

Rewatching Marco Polo before season 2 starts because I don't remember anything that happened in season 1. Waiting 2 years to put out season 2 was stupid.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kevinep3 » Jun 14th, 2016 @ 6:53pm

Started watching mr robot since it's on Amazon streaming, so far it's pretty fucking good.
psn:kevinep331, xbl:kevinep3, steam:kevinep3
kevinep3

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics