Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 5:17pm

Image
Concurrent theatrical ending of the TV series "Shin Seiki Evangelion"


This pick is brought to you by kenzo
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 5:22pm

This is why you will never be a "cool dude".
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby SnakeDude4Life » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 5:36pm

Karma For picking on my Movie box pick.

FULL CIRCLE!!!

Image
"All the good ones are taken" -Current theme in my life
Gamertag: SnakeDude4life
Steam: SnakeDude4Life
SnakeDude4Life
User avatar
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 24th, 2011 @ 10:39pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby LiQuid » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 5:42pm

Fuck this sucks.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 6:44pm

kenzo wrote:This is why you will never be a "cool dude".


Picking this makes you the opposite of a cool dude.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby dakazu » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 9:00pm

You have to give kenzo credit for using his pick for the sole purpose of trolling eX.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby LiQuid » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 9:14pm

I guess I don't really understand the scope of Moviebox anymore since nobody ever really talks about it here and I don't listen to your stupid podcast, but kenzo trolled everybody with this pick. Talk about cutting off your face to spite your nose... Or something.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby Konanda » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 10:24pm

LiQuid wrote:I guess I don't really understand the scope of Moviebox anymore since nobody ever really talks about it here


Déjà vu.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 11:12pm

My last moviebox pick was an offbeat and silly/stupid but honest pick of a movie I love and thought they would somewhat enjoy. Instead, I got a borderline racist knee-jerk reaction asking me if I was trolling them with my pick (I wasn't) and then everyone hated it. So if they really wanted me to troll them, I decided I was going show them what being trolled was actually like.

This is going to be a bad moviebox pick. Nobody is going to understand what is going on, and they're just going to be profoundly upset and confused at the imagery. That's kind of my logic behind this pick because at the very least, it will be fun to riff on the movie and attempt to explain all the ba-nay-nay things going on. So even though it's a troll, it should prove to be an entertaining one.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby LiQuid » Aug 29th, 2012 @ 11:33pm

You are a bad person.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby dakazu » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 1:11am

kenzo wrote:My last moviebox pick was an offbeat and silly/stupid but honest pick of a movie I love and thought they would somewhat enjoy. Instead, I got a borderline racist knee-jerk reaction asking me if I was trolling them with my pick (I wasn't) and then everyone hated it. So if they really wanted me to troll them, I decided I was going show them what being trolled was actually like.

This is going to be a bad moviebox pick. Nobody is going to understand what is going on, and they're just going to be profoundly upset and confused at the imagery. That's kind of my logic behind this pick because at the very least, it will be fun to riff on the movie and attempt to explain all the ba-nay-nay things going on. So even though it's a troll, it should prove to be an entertaining one.


I predict totoro and ex won't finish the movie.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 6:14am

That's because they're punk bitches. I kinda don't want them on if they aren't even gonna finish.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 6:19am

I want liquid on the episode to help talk about this.

Also we were in no way racist about your last pick. That's like saying if you don't like The Avengers you hate white people.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 6:33am

Mr_eX wrote:Also we were in no way racist about your last pick. That's like saying if you don't like The Avengers you hate white people.
When you don't know anything about the movie except for the name that implies that it's an Indian film, and then you poo-poo it/call me a troll, that's like, the definition of racism. Jumping to negative conclusions about something based on its race without knowing the first thing about it.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 12:49pm

Image
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 2:22pm

Image
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby flufflogic » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 3:56pm

Should've double billed it with Death and Rebirth.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby dakazu » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 11:32pm

Can't believe you're still crying over our reaction to your last pick.

EDIT: Also here is the poster proper
Image
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby LiQuid » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 11:36pm

:lol: @ Wizard Magazine box quote
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby dakazu » Aug 30th, 2012 @ 11:42pm

DO NOT WATCH THE DUB ON YOUTUBE. IT SUCKS ASS.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 31st, 2012 @ 6:12am

I prefer my poster
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2012 @ 6:23am

That's because you're an asshole.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby totoro » Aug 31st, 2012 @ 6:34am

dakazu wrote:
kenzo wrote:My last moviebox pick was an offbeat and silly/stupid but honest pick of a movie I love and thought they would somewhat enjoy. Instead, I got a borderline racist knee-jerk reaction asking me if I was trolling them with my pick (I wasn't) and then everyone hated it. So if they really wanted me to troll them, I decided I was going show them what being trolled was actually like.

This is going to be a bad moviebox pick. Nobody is going to understand what is going on, and they're just going to be profoundly upset and confused at the imagery. That's kind of my logic behind this pick because at the very least, it will be fun to riff on the movie and attempt to explain all the ba-nay-nay things going on. So even though it's a troll, it should prove to be an entertaining one.


I predict totoro and ex won't finish the movie.


The only reason I won't finish this is because I simply won't have time with PAX. I'm going to try, but I make no promises.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro
User avatar
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Dec 28th, 2010 @ 10:32am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Aug 31st, 2012 @ 9:05am

Dude, seriously, don't worry about doing the podcast this weekend. Other there are plenty of people waiting in the wings to be on, and you should just relax and enjoy pax versus worry about this junk and then have nothing to say since you're busy.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby BeowolfSchaefer » Sep 6th, 2012 @ 8:10am

After listening to the episode I was intrigued. Not knowing much about the show I accidentally watched 'Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone' first then went back and started watching the 26 episode season. I'm on episode 7 now I think and I am really enjoying it even though I haven't really seen much Anime. I am now looking forward to when it goes totally off the rails. Thanks for giving me a reason to give anime a try again!
BeowolfSchaefer
User avatar
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sep 30th, 2010 @ 6:53am

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby kenzo » Sep 6th, 2012 @ 11:50am

Hey, thanks for listening. And while it totally wasn't my intent, I'm glad you thought Eva sounded interesting enough to give it a try. Hopefully you aren't burnt out on it by the end, and can keep all the psychotic stuff we talked about in good perspective. Starting with the rebuild movies is a bad idea. I didn't get into it much on the podcast, but they're totally not meant to be watched without having seen the first show. The story is so abbreviated, and there's so much fan service thrown in that you're going to have a hard time figuring out what's going on without having seen the show first.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby totoro » Sep 6th, 2012 @ 2:08pm

BeowolfSchaefer wrote:After listening to the episode I was intrigued. Not knowing much about the show I accidentally watched 'Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone' first then went back and started watching the 26 episode season. I'm on episode 7 now I think and I am really enjoying it even though I haven't really seen much Anime. I am now looking forward to when it goes totally off the rails. Thanks for giving me a reason to give anime a try again!


I'll echo kenzo's thanks for listening sentiments. I think we'll soon be due for another anime episode/segment. Last time it was kind of full of stuff that others were suggesting that I watch as a relative newcomer to the style/genre. And that just makes me remember that I need to get back to Tatami Galaxy this weekend.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro
User avatar
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Dec 28th, 2010 @ 10:32am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Moviebox 8/28 - 9/4 The End of Evangelion

Postby dakazu » Sep 7th, 2012 @ 12:24am

BeowolfSchaefer wrote:After listening to the episode I was intrigued. Not knowing much about the show I accidentally watched 'Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone' first then went back and started watching the 26 episode season. I'm on episode 7 now I think and I am really enjoying it even though I haven't really seen much Anime. I am now looking forward to when it goes totally off the rails. Thanks for giving me a reason to give anime a try again!


You should jump into our mumble server and say hi. You should also tell us what you thought of the episode here.
dakazu
User avatar
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009 @ 1:00pm

Levitra Comparison JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Dec 30th, 2018 @ 11:51am

Cialis Daily 2.5 Mg Online Amoxicillin Doseage Cheap Viagra Us Companies Only notas de propecia Que Es El Viagra Compro Viagra In Italia Achat Du Viagra Sur Internet Buying Direct Acticin Ups In Internet Shop Cialis One A Day Review Dapoxetina Porto Alegre buy levitra Fake Birth Control Pills For Sale Viagra Generico Envio 24 Horas Cialis Soft Delivery Levitra Schmelztablette Preisvergleich Viagra Magenbeschwerden Viagra Per Donne Acquisto buy generic cialis online Amoxil Natural Equivalent Keflex Tablets Best Over The Counter Viagra Substitute Robaxin 750 Mg Online No Prescription Zithromax For Bronchitis generic cialis overnight delivery Macrobid With Free Shipping Overseas Kamagra Heart Disease http://truthaboutstaininggrid.com Online Pharmacy Overnight Delivery Propecia Soluzione Viagra Nebenwirkungen Bluthochdruck Buy Fluconazole Indiana Free Viagra Without Prescription priligy costo en colombia Canadian Family Pharmacy Online Buy Cheap Generic Levitra Online Cialis With Priligy
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Can I Give My Dog Amoxicillin JeaMent

Postby JeaJath » Dec 30th, 2018 @ 11:53am

100mg Viagra Cost Per Pill 114 cheap cialis Comprare Cialis Originale Prix De Cialis En France Keflex Lyme Vente Viagra Online tadalafil cialis from india Amoxicillin And Macaw Viagra Aux Herbes Forum Levaquin Antibiotic Best Buy Doxycycline Vet Canada Sildenafil Citrate 100mg For Sale Cialis 20 Pharmacie En Ligne online pharmacy Levitra Online Priligy Durchfall Viagra Uk Sales Generic Zithromax Buy Cialis Y Dolor De Cabeza viagra Purchasing Viagra And Cialis Lasix 80 Mg Kaufen Flonase Priligy Funciona http://kamagpills.com Discount Generic Isotretinoin Accutane Internet Medication Next Day Propecia Scalp Bumps
Buy Tadalista 20 cialis 5 mg Efectos Viagra Cuerpo Humano
JeaJath
 
Posts: 7010
Joined: Dec 18th, 2018 @ 11:03am
Location: Belgium

Next
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Options

Return to TV and Movies

cron