Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby LiQuid » May 7th, 2015 @ 10:24pm

Fuck I'm getting hype just watching all the kills again.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 8th, 2015 @ 6:25am

London Has Fallen comes out October 2nd
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 8th, 2015 @ 2:47pm

LHF is not an Antoine Fuqua joint. Expectations are low.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 11th, 2015 @ 9:27pm

I knew that scene with Adama and Sky's mom was going too good to be true. What a dumb left turn this show has taken. I thought for once, like literally the first time in the history of bad genre fiction, two parties were going to solve potential differences via diplomacy and not ludicrously heightened drama brought on by contrived inability to communicate (kind of how this season started with EJO's distrust of Coulson), but then they had to go and drop that nonsense. I guess you gotta have a big dumb finale. There hasn't really been enough conflict brewing towards the end of this season to warrant the hard left turn IMO. As long as the finale is fun all will be forgiven I suppose, but the storytelling in general this year started out good but got real dumb.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 11th, 2015 @ 9:33pm

This season has been so much better than the first season.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 11th, 2015 @ 10:03pm

First half was good. Not sure how you can justify saying the 2nd half was that good tho. It's been literal nonsense and deus ex bullshit since Adama showed up.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 12th, 2015 @ 6:32am

The second half just went full retard on comic book stuff.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby jw_6179 » May 12th, 2015 @ 11:51pm

Mr_eX wrote:The second half just went full retard on comic book stuff.

Oh, c'mon. You love it.

I know I did. Kyle MacLachlan's scenery chewing performance was amazing this episode, it's just too bad this is probably the last we'll see of him. "This is me calm, Phil!"
jw_6179

Postby Mr_eX » May 13th, 2015 @ 6:48am

jw_6179 wrote:

Oh, c'mon. You love it.

I know I did. Kyle MacLachlan's scenery chewing performance was amazing this episode, it's just too bad this is probably the last we'll see of him. "This is me calm, Phil!"

My only complaint is they had him transform back from Mr Hyde too fast.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby jw_6179 » May 13th, 2015 @ 2:11pm

Mr_eX wrote:
jw_6179 wrote:

Oh, c'mon. You love it.

My only complaint is they had him transform back from Mr Hyde too fast.

It would also have been nice to have him "Hulk out" a good bit more, but I guess TV budget limitations are what they are so...

I'd have liked to have seen more Hyde too. About all he did was bear hug his wife. Gee, a wonder if the woman he literally sewed back together after she was dissected and placed in to like, 19 seperate jars is gonna come back or not? Nawwww.
jw_6179

Postby DarthEnder » May 13th, 2015 @ 3:44pm

So what do you guys think? Is Simmons going to have powers next season, or did she just not want to return next season?

jw_6179 wrote:Gee, a wonder if the woman he literally sewed back together after she was dissected and placed in to like, 19 seperate jars is gonna come back or not? Nawwww.

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Woman who comes back from being chopped into pieces can probably come back from a crushed spine or whatnot.

That said, she apparently doesn't heal on her own. She has to be fixed by someone, and then has to drain the life out of someone to actually heal.

I too was disappointed with Hyde. I mean, granted, it's hard to make Hyde NOT goofy, but Jesus, was he goofy.

jw_6179 wrote:it's just too bad this is probably the last we'll see of him.

Nah. TAHITI isn't very reliable. As soon as someone pushes him(probably Ward), he'll start remembering.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » May 15th, 2015 @ 1:22am

That finale was so far beyond full retard I can't even believe it. Was I the only one literally cheering at my TV screen? I felt like a black guy at the movie theater. The plotting in the 2nd half of the season was clumsy to say the least but who fucking cares, that finale was probably better than all comic movies to date, combined. I mean, sure they probably could have let Paul Atreides hulk out a bit longer, but did you guys even fucking see what we got there? Too much of that would be like staring at the fucking sun! If I were in charge of Emmys I would give every single fucking one to him for like the next 3-5 years. Every category. People that don't watch this show have my utmost, absolutely most sincere condolences. They missed out on maybe the most important television event of our lifetime.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » May 15th, 2015 @ 4:12am

Are you being sarcastic?

If not, could you be more specific about the things you thought were so amazing?

I mean, I didn't dislike it. But your reaction seems disproportionate.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » May 15th, 2015 @ 6:23am

What wasn't amazing in that episode?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 15th, 2015 @ 2:06pm

It's getting hard to justify even replying to you Ender. Even when I agree with the masses and like the same dumb stuff you guys like I still have to vindicate myself?
LiQuid

Postby jw_6179 » May 15th, 2015 @ 10:12pm

LiQuid wrote:I mean, sure they probably could have let Paul Atreides hulk out a bit longer, but did you guys even fucking see what we got there? Too much of that would be like staring at the fucking sun!

I don't care if I went blind, I wouldn't look away.

Also, that finale was pretty fucking amazing. I don't see how you're so blasé, you must have a heart of stone, Ender. Kyle Mclaughlin's performance was at a fucking 11 and that was fantastic. The comic-booky shit going on was great, I was actually surprised when Coulson got his hand lopped off, but then again, it's fucking Marvel comics. He'll just get a robotic claw or some shit which is awesome as hell. Actually, fuck it, give that man the Satan Claw.
jw_6179

Postby Mr_eX » May 16th, 2015 @ 10:04am

This season of Agents of Shield was better than this season of Arrow
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthEnder » May 16th, 2015 @ 9:32pm

jw_6179 wrote:The comic-booky shit going on was great, I was actually surprised when Coulson got his hand lopped off, but then again, it's fucking Marvel comics. He'll just get a robotic claw or some shit which is awesome as hell.

It's not like there was a artificial tissue generation machine in Age of Ultron they could use to just make him a new hand.

jw_6179 wrote:Kyle Mclaughlin's performance was at a fucking 11 and that was fantastic.

His performance was fine. I just didn't like the way Hyde looked. Which just looked like the same guy with different colored hair.

LiQuid wrote:Even when I agree with the masses and like the same dumb stuff you guys like I still have to vindicate myself?

I was just curious.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 29th, 2015 @ 7:58pm

New season started. Best season premier of the series. So glad they went full on comic book and there are people with super powers and monster looking dudes running around. The show is so much better now than when it started.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby CrossXhunteR » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 12:19pm

I saw the Quake outfit in a promo shot. Looks good and comic-like.
CrossXhunteR

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 6:11pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 30th, 2015 @ 6:15pm

Spoiler: show
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 1st, 2015 @ 2:55am

When that monster dude showed up I was definitely having full on Buffy/Angel vibes.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 9th, 2015 @ 6:20am

This is the best comic book show on TV right now.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Nov 3rd, 2015 @ 8:54pm

Yo, so I just watched the first episode of season 3. This might actually be the best comic show on TV. This show is on a whole other level.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 4th, 2015 @ 12:19pm

I figured out last week that
Spoiler: show
the Doctor was Lash. I wish I'd posted it, for credibility. But yeah, it was obvious last week that Lash was someone inside SHIELD. And when the Strucker kid ran out of the building scared shitless, I knew what had happened.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Dec 5th, 2015 @ 10:49am

I really can't believe that we're 3 years into this fucking show and May is still pretty close to being the worst character I've ever seen on any tv show. You would think they would at least TRY to make her not suck, but there she is every fucking week sucking.

That episode they did with Gemma on Ego was pretty rad. I think it's hilarious how A. Fitz and Simmons are basically just taking turns being tortured by the writers and B. how maximum m'lady zone'd Fitz is. I honestly don't think it's possible to be more in the friend zone than he is.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 7th, 2015 @ 4:05am

I keep thinking it's weird how Jemma insists that Fitz stop trying to save the guy just for her sake.

You know, there's a guy who's, like, a hero astronaut trapped on an evil planet. You think maybe that guy deserves to be rescued regardless of whether anyone is trying to make you happy or not?
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Dec 7th, 2015 @ 8:53pm

Potentially stupid question: So Ward has been going thru all the trouble of getting the band back together this season to "cut the head off of SHIELD" I believe I can quote him as saying. So I'm at the beginning of last week's episode now and Ward just murdered Coulson's girlfriend, while she was sitting at the table next to Coulson... Couldn't he have just murdered Coulson instead? I haven't watched farther, so I dunno if this is explained or rationalized later, but if it's not then what in the fuck???
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Dec 7th, 2015 @ 8:57pm

Ok, I guess he kiiiiiind of explains it immediately afterwards. I guess I should have kept watching. His rationality is dumb tho.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics