Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2015 @ 4:57pm

Legit ass finale. I thought they were finally going to kill off Ward. They were SO CLOSE. I mean, I guess he's technically dead, but the martian parasite thing inside of him seems to have memories of its host. I love the way they actually smoked him tho. They could have had a big dumb death to send off probably the best character on the show, but they just had Coulson slowly crush the life out of him with his Liquid Snake hand. Coulson's stock on the rise.

It seems like they sprung Metal Man into action a little too soon. Also Lincoln too for that matter. I guess they are trying to get their superpower team up and running with as little dumb preamble as possible, and I respect that, but it feels weird to have them both rushed to active duty considering we've gone thru 3 seasons with Daisy. It also seems like they were checking off boxes in the diversity list and needed a latino and a homogay on the team, so they knocked out two birds with one stone.

Aside from putting a little too neat a bow on the Will storyline, I thought that was good shit good shit.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 9th, 2015 @ 8:19pm

This show great. It's everything a dumb comic book show should be.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Dec 9th, 2015 @ 9:19pm

It's incredible. The thing that makes me like it as much if not more than Flash and Arrow is that it is doing a much better job of creating its own mythos because it's so far removed from any actual comic source material. It's like they got carte blanch to do whatever the fuck they want as long as it doesn't intrude with anything that could conceivably find its way to a Marvel Studios picture, so they've been going fucking mental with it. The metal melty guy's powers are totally absurd. They don't seem like they're gonna be that useful and then suddenly dude is melting bullets mid air (man that was stupid lol).
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 10th, 2015 @ 3:10am

I knew immediately that the astronaut was really the villain, and I knew by the end Ward was going to be the new host. Though, I'm not really sure how they got back from the planet.

I'm glad Ward's not gone(though he is currently dead). He's like the Spike of this show.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Dec 10th, 2015 @ 5:33am

Jesus fuck, season doesn't resume until March. Are they holding it to tie in with a movie release or something?? That's so far from now...
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 10th, 2015 @ 10:22am

Agent Carter will be on in its place
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby CrossXhunteR » Dec 10th, 2015 @ 10:28am

Will Legends of tomorrow be airing the same time as both Arrow and Flash?
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Dec 10th, 2015 @ 11:33am

God not more fucking Agent Carter...

I just realized Agent Carter is the reason I hate the idea of Wonder Woman being a period piece.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Mar 11th, 2016 @ 9:44am

Agents returns and is great! This show is such an amazing dumping ground of every stupid Z-tier character Marvel has ever shit out. Reminds me of Morrison's Animal Man run where Animal Man found himself in the land of rejected characters from DC comics past.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Mar 13th, 2016 @ 5:56pm

I think it's weird they decided to call Yo-yo by her older, much stupider callsign. When she currently goes by Slingshot.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Apr 5th, 2016 @ 6:58pm

Did Hunter and What's her face get written off this show so that they can be on the new show for What's her face? If so that's fucking garbage. This show lost one of its best characters just so he can get fed to a shitty spinoff that doesn't need to exist and I won't watch. With Ward being a zombie, this show is running out of compelling characters and I'm not sure I want to keep up with it just so I can see 1 or 2 ridiculous power scenes every week. Hopefully they make some worthwhile additions to the roster. This show's in desperate need of some levity.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 5th, 2016 @ 9:51pm

"What the hell are you doin?"

"Shotgun axe..."

Ok, maybe I will keep going.
LiQuid

Postby GiantAsianMan » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 4:09am

LiQuid wrote:Did Hunter and What's her face get written off this show so that they can be on the new show for What's her face? If so that's fucking garbage. This show lost one of its best characters just so he can get fed to a shitty spinoff that doesn't need to exist and I won't watch. With Ward being a zombie, this show is running out of compelling characters and I'm not sure I want to keep up with it just so I can see 1 or 2 ridiculous power scenes every week. Hopefully they make some worthwhile additions to the roster. This show's in desperate need of some levity.

Yes, Hunter and Bobbi are going to be in a new spin-off show called Marvel's Most Wanted (a pilot's been ordered, at least). I think they want it to be like a TV show version of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (which is funny because that's already been tried, and it failed miserably, not getting past the pilot stage). If, for whatever reason, the series isn't picked up by ABC, I'd imagine they'd find a way to write the characters back into the show. From IMDb:
LOGLINE: Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Apr 6th, 2016 @ 11:33am

They could have at least waited until after the spin off succeeded before they wrote them off the main show. What a debacle. I still think they need to do something tho. The current cast is so fucking dour it really brings me down. Self pity Gemma, Emosad Fitz, and now Daisy is using gestapo/torture tactics with her powers for some reason? Sparkplug has like literally ZERO personality. May's still in this show, I think?? Still awful I'm sure. Mack is cool but somehow even in an episode devoted to him he feels underutilized. I dunno this show still super fun but I'm watching an ensemble show with almost zero cool characters.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 11th, 2016 @ 12:24am

LiQuid wrote:They could have at least waited until after the spin off succeeded before they wrote them off the main show.
What kind of sense does that make? You're going to write the other series so every week they fly off to a completely separate status quo only to come back at the end of every episode to keep being on SHIELD?

Anyway, they were only disavowed. You can undo that in, like, a minute after the other series fails.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 3:28pm

Good episode this week.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 7:41pm

I just started this week's episode and something bothered me.

So the 2 new Secret Warriors that have been on the show are both hispanic. This is good. Finally some Latino appreciation on a team that already features blacks and AZNs. Check off them diversity boxes for the Tumblr set, I'm all for it.

But the metal guy whose comic name I don't know is gay, also w/e, another box checked off. The thing that bothered me about it is when Daisy was putting the gang together this episode they cut to those 2 checking their Bat-signals and Yo Yo is practicing English at the bus stop (cuz you know you can't keep up the ruse of having a non-English speaking member of the team, even if it's fucking ridiculous that she's gained fluency in the few weeks since we've last seen her). What bothered me is in this same scene where they show the gay guy receiving his signal, he's in a gay car on a gay date with another gay guy ruing he has to call his gay date short. It's like they wouldn't let them put a big neon sign on screen that said GAY GAY GAY in hot pink letters. This shit's so fucking lazy and if I were gay I'd start a letter writing campaign. Wikipedia says this is possible the first (only?) openly gay character in the ENTIRE MCU? 1. That's hilarious and shameful if true, and 2. gay people need to demand more. This is like that outrage over the trans character in Baldur's Gate from before. People were like OH NOES LGBT IN MAH VIDYA! But they should have been insulted about how poorly presented said character was. I guess creators are happy with their brownie points for being inclusive, but it still makes me groan whenever I see it done in such clumsy, heavy-handed ways.

That is all. Sorry for the rant. Back to the episode. This entire season (last two seasons?) has been start to finish awesome. This show has really benefitted from EXCEPTIONAL villain casting between Ward/Hive, Bill Paxton and Powers Boothe. They need to get Ian McShane on for next season and then end the show because there will be no topping that.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 7:48pm

Alright, so Daisy has these two on a mission and aside from brief stints in past episodes they have NO experience, combat training or really even know how to use their powers that well so Daisy's like, me and Lincoln (who have plenty of training and have been on many missions) will go this way, you two go that way? This is nonsense.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Apr 21st, 2016 @ 9:20pm

Ep was good. According to Wiki it appears this show is hemorrhaging viewers. I wonder if it will get picked up again next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... ._episodes
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 8:06am

More people watch The Flash, which is a worse show, but AoS has already been renewed for a season 4. I think it will probably get picked up for a season 5 too so that it can hit 100 episodes and start making the syndication money.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 8:29am

That's nice that it already got picked up. I don't understand how it's not more popular since it's pretty consistently good and people LOVE those awful MCU movies. I guess no big names probably hurts. Not actor-wise, but just as far as actual superheroes that aren't Z-tier rejects from Bendis books.

They still need to loosen up this roster a little bit. Bring back fucking Patton Oswald or something for fuck's sake. They better not replace Hunter with that fucking Australian dude from the last ep. He sucked.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 12:39pm

I bet it's not losing as many viewers as it seems when you add in the DVRs
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 22nd, 2016 @ 2:20pm

What you just said is probably true zero percent of the time.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 27th, 2016 @ 7:24am

BATIATUS
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 27th, 2016 @ 7:48am

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby meDotJS » May 11th, 2016 @ 7:59am

This last episode was great.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby Mr_eX » May 12th, 2016 @ 7:08pm

Marvel's Most Wanted got passed on by ABC. Maybe now Hunter and Bobbi can come back
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 12th, 2016 @ 7:18pm

Thank fuck for that. I'm not opposed to another Marvel show but ffs make it about some god damned fucking superheroes. Stop with all the Z-tier secret agent shit.

And yes this entire season has been slay. This last ep was good but I think the sendoff they gave Lash was corny af and they didn't really do enough with the Hive Vs. Lash fight. I'm gonna be real sad if/when they kill off Hive cause Brett Dalton has been easily the best part of this show since the beginning.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 13th, 2016 @ 7:03am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » May 18th, 2016 @ 6:41pm

Finale:

Spoiler: show
Fuck yeah! Next season, LMDs!

How long do you think it'll be before Coulson just straight up dies and they replace him with an LMD?
DarthEnder

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics