Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby Mr_eX » May 18th, 2016 @ 7:43pm

That was a pretty great season start to finish.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 8:49pm

That Lincoln shit at the end was pretty close to being mega corny but then they did the Whedon thing where instead of lingering on it they quick cut to the 6-months later scene. Got a laugh out of me.

I was actually legitimately more sad about Hive/Ward dying than Lincoln honestly. I don't know if I want to watch a season of this show without Brett Dalton on it.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 8:49pm

Oh wait, actually. Never mind, Batiatus seems like he's going to be on full time, so season redeemed I guess.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 8:56pm

Think about the entirety of the character arc of Grant Ward from the start of this show until this finale. Like, fucking seriously. That's some Babylon 5 caliber character progression there.

Much like with Babylon 5, I could totally forgive someone for not realizing they were watching truly remarkable television from the first season of this show. I feel bad for someone watching DC's monster-of-the-week schlock and sleeping on Shield which is pretty handily the best any comic show is doing it.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » May 19th, 2016 @ 9:12pm

Sky had some pretty good character progression too. I kind of want to rewatch the entire series just to see where it started again.

I feel bad for the people that dropped Sheild too. I'm at the point where I'd drop pretty much all the CW shows(not The 100) before I'd drop AoS.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 19th, 2016 @ 10:21pm

Remember Trip? RIP. This show should have killed off more people to be honest. Man imagine if they did a proper Suicide Squad TV show instead of a stupid fucking movie where they had the balls to maintain a continuity like Shield does? They could kill EVERYONE!

I'm a full season behind the DC shows again cause I keep watching a handful of episodes and then stalling on them. They're FINE, they are a different beast than Shield but they're fine for what they are, I just have a hard time getting into them when there are no real stakes.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » May 20th, 2016 @ 7:10pm

LiQuid wrote:Oh wait, actually. Never mind, Batiatus seems like he's going to be on full time, so season redeemed I guess.

Eh, I said the same thing about Patton and that turned out to be a disappointment.

LiQuid wrote:I was actually legitimately more sad about Hive/Ward dying than Lincoln honestly. I don't know if I want to watch a season of this show without Brett Dalton on it.

I guess it's a good thing some villain will build a Grant Ward LMD then isn't it?

LiQuid wrote:Remember Trip? RIP.
When they killed off their only funny character at the time? Of course.

That's my one complaint I still have with this show is there's still not enough Buffy-esque humor in it. Hopefully Radcliffe will remedy that. He was pretty great at it in these last couple episodes.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » May 20th, 2016 @ 11:09pm

That scene where he was trying to get those 2 chuds to help him with his science. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 18th, 2016 @ 10:07pm

Anyone been watching the new season?

Got a bunch of Ghost Rider in it.

Granted, it's Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, but still. Seems like their special effects budget went up this season.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 19th, 2016 @ 6:30am

This show is still great
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 19th, 2016 @ 7:04am

I love that the villainous force this season seems to just be "magic shit" and I'm really hoping it ties into Doctor Strange in a couple weeks.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 20th, 2016 @ 6:21am

Pretty sure it will. No way its a coincidence that Marvels first magic movie comes out at the same time Agents of Shield goes all magical. Both might even tie into Iron First
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Oct 20th, 2016 @ 6:41am

fuuuuuuck agents of shield has fucking sorcery in it? I need to get caught up FUCK
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 20th, 2016 @ 5:09pm

It's not clear if it's sorcery but there is a book and it turned people into ghosts so yeah, most likely sorcery
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 20th, 2016 @ 11:42pm

Well, it's specifically the Darkhold. Which is a magic as fuck book in the comics that shows up all the time, as it's basically Marvel's Necronomicon.
DarthEnder

Postby GiantAsianMan » Nov 16th, 2016 @ 6:11pm

To answer a point that was brought up on the latest Comic Conspiracy podcast, the show does acknowledge the existence of previous Ghost Riders. The episode from 11/01 went into how Robbie Reyes become the Ghost Rider, and they showed a dude on a motorcycle with a flaming skull head. He's not name-checked in any way; he just makes an appearance as the person who gives Robbie his powers.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 16th, 2016 @ 11:09pm

They're taking this whole month off. I wonder if that's just to get out of the way of Doctor Strange or something.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 20th, 2016 @ 10:06am

Shows on ABC like to take breaks.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby meDotJS » Nov 20th, 2016 @ 10:59pm

Chances are we're only going to get a handful of episodes before they take another extended break for the holidays.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby DarthEnder » Jan 28th, 2017 @ 1:08am

I'm not liking this new arc at all.

They literally went one arc after the introduction of the LMDs to start doing the whole Battlestar Galactica/Matrix thing. And no matter how many times Mac complains about how obvious and cliche it is, it doesn't make it any less obvious or cliche that they're actually doing it.
DarthEnder

Previous
Forum Statistics