Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby DarthEnder » Sep 24th, 2014 @ 7:35pm

This Absorbing Man is clearly not the one from the Ang Lee Hulk movie.

Speaking of AM, we got to see him do more superhuman shit in this episode than we saw in the entire previous season.

Sucks killing off Lucy Lawless after only one episode. But at least Patton is back. And I loved the Howling Commandos cameos.

Only thing wrong with this episode was a complete lack of the kind of humor I've grown to expect in Marvel properties.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Oct 2nd, 2014 @ 1:40pm

I finally made it thru the entire first season. The finale was actually the first good episode of the entire series. Pretty much everything about it was how the show should have been from day 1. The way they smoked The Pax was good, and they even brought Patton Oswalt back! You guys coulda fucking told me that! I'm gonna miss The Pax tho. He was the only consistently good thing about the show. Also I don't like how they basically wrote Sam Jackson out of having to show up for any more guest appearances in future episodes.

I really wish the show would stop dancing around the Skye mystery bullshit. It's not intriguing or interesting, and regardless of what the reveal is about her parents it won't be any kind of a shocker.

What was up with Fury's eye at the end of the thing tho? Was that something that happened in one of the latest Marvel movies I haven't seen yet or was that supposed to be some indication that he was fucked with by the Centipede program (they showed it right after they mentioned something about the super soldiers losing their cybereyes).

Even tho the finale was alright, I still think watching the entire season of this was kind of a waste of time and I wouldn't recommend the show. It could and should be so much more than it is. That said I'll keep watching it (slowly) and hopefully it stops being so boring.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Oct 2nd, 2014 @ 2:58pm

Did you not watch Winter Soldier going in to this Liquid?

You basically missed half the plot-line for the show by skipping that movie.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby kenzo » Oct 2nd, 2014 @ 3:01pm

meDotJS wrote:Did you not watch Winter Soldier going in to this Liquid?

Why the hell should I have to watch a movie to understand what's going on in my TV show?
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 2nd, 2014 @ 3:13pm

kenzo wrote:
meDotJS wrote:Did you not watch Winter Soldier going in to this Liquid?

Why the hell should I have to watch a movie to understand what's going on in my TV show?

Shares universe. Stuff that happens in one comic book affects the events of others
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 2:02pm

Woah, hey guys that first ep of season 2 was actually pretty alright. Did everybody stop watching this? I think it might be getting good.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 2:42pm

LiQuid wrote:Did everybody stop watching this?
Nope. Still watching. And really enjoying the 2nd season. So far they're maintaining the same level of quality they achieved in the post-Winter Solider episodes.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 5:19pm

2nd episode was fucking dope too. What the fuck happened to this show? No more dumb crisis-of-the-week, actual superpowers and comic booky nonsense on display every ep, Tripp is like a zillion times cooler than Ward, Fitz is way cooler as a wacko mad scientist than a lovesick, shitty dork, Skye's got her sassy looking oversized-collared ninja assassin suit, and now fucking Paul Atreides is her dad? I've been proper gripped 2 episodes in a row and I was struggling to stay awake during even some of the less crappy episodes of the first season. It's fucking inexplicable. I've never seen a show about face this hard in my life.
LiQuid

Postby CrossXhunteR » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 5:26pm

For now, I have given up on this show. I might watch the Agent Carter show when that begins.
CrossXhunteR

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 5:32pm

Agent Carter sounds stupid. Why would anybody want to watch a comic book show set in WW2? The setting was a huge part of the reason Cap 1 was such a piece of shit snoozer.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 9:15pm

LiQuid wrote:2nd episode was fucking dope too. What the fuck happened to this show? No more dumb crisis-of-the-week
To hear the show's writers tell it, this was intentional.

They knew going into the first season what was going to happen towards the end of the season in Winter Soldier, so they intentionally wrote the first half of the season to be very procedural, so that they could turn it into a completely different kind of(more Whedonesque) type of show after Winter Soldier.

That way, you were supposed to feel the same way the characters did when their lives got turned upside down.

It's an interesting choice if true, but it's a pretty huge gamble since it means intentionally making the beginning of the series mediocre.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 10:21pm

I find it hard to believe they intentionally made the first 3/4 of the first season insufferable. No one with half a brain would try to sell that story.
LiQuid

Postby jw_6179 » Oct 14th, 2014 @ 11:12pm

LiQuid wrote:I find it hard to believe they intentionally made the first 3/4 of the first season insufferable. No one with half a brain would try to sell that story.

I think it's less that they chose to do that, but it was the best they could do, due to the events of Winter Soldier. They knew they couldn't do much with SHIELD as we knew it, because of Winter Soldier, so they had to basically kill time until they could get to their real story. It sucks, but that's what they figured was the best they could do with a bad situation.
jw_6179

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 15th, 2014 @ 5:54am

LiQuid wrote:I find it hard to believe they intentionally made the first 3/4 of the first season insufferable.
I don't. You're dealing with Whedons here.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Oct 18th, 2014 @ 6:43pm

That May Vs. May fight was really dumb. Pretty poorly done.

Why did they bother concocting a twin brother for Patton Oswalt to play and then never have him in the show?
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 19th, 2014 @ 8:33pm

LiQuid wrote:That May Vs. May fight was really dumb. Pretty poorly done.
Especially since they already showed that a punch to the face fucks up the mask pretty much instantly. They could have just done that right at the start.

LiQuid wrote:Why did they bother concocting a twin brother for Patton Oswalt to play and then never have him in the show?
I wish to god I knew.
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Oct 22nd, 2014 @ 7:09pm

Woo!
Spoiler: show
Mockingbird!
DarthEnder

Postby GiantAsianMan » Oct 23rd, 2014 @ 9:58am

DarthEnder wrote:Woo!
Mockingbird!

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby LiQuid » Nov 11th, 2014 @ 8:05pm

I guess I will take some proper C-tier superheroes in this show over none at all!
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Nov 11th, 2014 @ 8:42pm

They going full Inhumans now.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 17th, 2014 @ 3:38pm

Ayep. Expecting there to be plenty of setup for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in this show leading up to Avengers 2.
DarthEnder

Postby meDotJS » Nov 18th, 2014 @ 7:56pm

This was easily the best episode yet.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby LiQuid » Nov 21st, 2014 @ 10:58pm

Gotta say, I was super bummed when The Pax got killed off but Kyle MacLachlan has been an impeccable replacement.

I got real worried that they were going try and redeem Ward but then they went and insta-heel turned him. Right on. They're doing right by most of these characters. I think the show would be better off without May who is 100% useless, otherwise good job. Can't wait to see how all this alien city retardation pays off. And it better pay off, otherwise I'm gonna be proper mad.
LiQuid

Postby DarthEnder » Nov 23rd, 2014 @ 4:10pm

LiQuid wrote:I think the show would be better off without May who is 100% useless
But...that's Ming Na. She was Chun Li...

But yeah, you gotta have a skilled fighter on the team, but now that they have Mockingbird, she's redundant.

I'm curious what Sky's power is going to be after they inevitably Terrigen Mist the planet after finding the city.
DarthEnder

Postby DarthEnder » Dec 12th, 2014 @ 1:00pm

So, looks like Sky is actually
and not Captain Marvel like I thought.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Jan 13th, 2015 @ 1:21am

Finally got around to watching the finale. Yo bitches we finally got some legit fucking superpowers on this show. I reeeeeally hope they keep Kyle MacLachlan in the mix because that dude is too awesome for words. How come he's always so sweaty tho?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Mar 25th, 2015 @ 11:55am

Since this show came back from break it has leveled up so hard. It got a little mopey with all the Skye drama, but fucking Sif is back, there's Kree? There's all kinds of wackadoo superpower shit going on and Kyle MacLachlan is like a main character on the show.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Mar 25th, 2015 @ 2:31pm

Ahahaha, Paul Atreides and his band of merry mutants fled to MANITOWOC!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 26th, 2015 @ 6:41am

Knife fingernails was super dumb
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Mar 26th, 2015 @ 10:33am

Like absolutely the fucking dumbest!!!
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics