Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Agents of SHIELD

Postby dakazu » May 7th, 2014 @ 1:43pm

Doesn't matter what happens with Ward. If anything I hope they don't kill off Garrett because Bill Paxton helps make this mediocre show watchable.
dakazu

Postby HarryBlack » May 8th, 2014 @ 6:54am

Paxton is kind of wearing on my nerves actually.
Didnt like the Howling Commandos kit.
What? He stole all that shit from the storeroom and kept it in the attic for 70years?
And the low tech stuff thats so low tech it gets through modern security bit? Bleh.
Just have Fitz Macguyver stuff. Thats why he exists. And it makes the team look actually resourceful like the Burn Notice folks.
Hopefully Ward will not be redeemed. I dont care if he shot the dog or not. He is a bad guy. He shot and killed PEOPLE for sure. (innocent people)
And his survival plan was to raid cabins for supplies then...build a cabin? What?
Way to detract from his achievement writers.
Anyway. Believe it or not I liked the episode:D
Good on Fitz for trying to take out Garrett. I never liked that actor til the last two episodes. And Triplett is now my favourite character.
Coulsons accent slip was pretty slick too!
HarryBlack

Postby jw_6179 » May 8th, 2014 @ 3:46pm

Uh-oh, slipped back to a weak episode. I kinda just don't care about Ward's backstory. Sorry. If you want to give him a back story, make it one that gives him a misguided sense of being justified at being a bad guy. Not one that attempts to redeem him. Let him die with dignity, not like a bitch.

HarryBlack wrote:Didnt like the Howling Commandos kit.
What? He stole all that shit from the storeroom and kept it in the attic for 70years?

Ehhh, this is somewhat believable actually. The kind of shit guys were allowed to take home after World War II was ridiculous. My grandfather was a Marine and we found some really fucked up shit in my grandmom's attic when she died (My grandfather had been dead since the 1970s. I'm not going to go in to it cause uh, maybe my grandfather was a war criminal. I dunno. It was a long time ago and I never knew the guy.) A lot of soldiers had smuggled home much more dangerous crap too, like freaking hand grenades and what not. They were different times.
jw_6179

Postby GiantAsianMan » May 9th, 2014 @ 4:02am

Agents of SHIELD was renewed for a second season, and ABC picked up another Marvel tie-in, Agent Carter. So more Marvel Cinematic Universe coming to the small screen.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/ab ... rom-marvel
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby kenzo » May 9th, 2014 @ 4:31am

I really need to stop clicking on this thread.
kenzo

Postby CrossXhunteR » May 9th, 2014 @ 4:40am

Don't worry Kenzo, you can ignore this and like the fact that The Flash and Constantine also got picked up.
CrossXhunteR

Postby HarryBlack » May 9th, 2014 @ 6:53am

jw_6179 wrote:
Ehhh, this is somewhat believable actually. The kind of shit guys were allowed to take home after World War II was ridiculous. My grandfather was a Marine and we found some really fucked up shit in my grandmom's attic when she died (My grandfather had been dead since the 1970s. I'm not going to go in to it cause uh, maybe my grandfather was a war criminal. I dunno. It was a long time ago and I never knew the guy.) A lot of soldiers had smuggled home much more dangerous crap too, like freaking hand grenades and what not. They were different times.

Ex Marine myself so I get what you are saying. I have a ton of shit in my attic too.
But none of it is classified kit thats decades ahead of its time!
You are right though. Not impossible (in that world) I guess I would have just loved to see them be more ingenuitive because almost none of what they ended up using was anything Fitz could not have made and it would have emphasised that these are formidable people and not just competent people with a bag of gadgets.
Like when Mae back flips down that corridor. Why? Its not faster than running and it breaks the spell a little. That gymnast budget could have gone elsewhere.
Thats all minor stuff. Stuff that could have been stronger rather than stuff that sucked. The core plot and characters were enough to make it enjoyable for me.
HarryBlack

Postby Mr_eX » May 9th, 2014 @ 7:18am

CrossXhunteR wrote:Don't worry Kenzo, you can ignore this and like the fact that The Flash and Constantine also got picked up.

Also Gotham and iZombie. 5 DC comic TV shows this fall
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby meDotJS » May 10th, 2014 @ 1:23am

I thought the Agent Carter spinoff had already been picked up. Guess it wasn't official though until a couple days ago.
Liquid wrote:"meDotJS - Today at 8:20 PM
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
even google says medot is wrong
meDotJS

Postby dakazu » May 14th, 2014 @ 10:40am

Well that season finale was just like the rest of this show.

Meh
dakazu

Postby HarryBlack » May 14th, 2014 @ 6:05pm

I thought it kicked ass!
Start to finish I freakin loved it!
Bit sick of the "I told you so" shit from people who were fine with the bad episodes though.
This doesnt make them any better and I feel like if it wasnt for the so called haters giving good solid criticism of what they didnt like, then it would still suck.
HarryBlack

Postby meDotJS » May 14th, 2014 @ 6:19pm

They knew this Hydra twist was coming from the beginning, so my guess is that they had an idea of where they wanted to be when the pieces all started falling into place but they had trouble getting all the pieces where they needed to be for when shit hit the fan. They probably wrote most of the back-half of the season first and then remembered that they had to write the first half of the season too.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby DarthEnder » May 14th, 2014 @ 6:31pm

HarryBlack wrote:I thought it kicked ass!
Start to finish I freakin loved it!
Same here. Could not have been happier with how the season ended.
meDotJS wrote:They probably wrote most of the back-half of the season first and then remembered that they had to write the first half of the season too.
I don't think that's the case given that they didn't even get approved for the entire season until after the show starting airing.
DarthEnder

Postby meDotJS » May 14th, 2014 @ 7:38pm

DarthEnder wrote:I don't think that's the case given that they didn't even get approved for the entire season until after the show starting airing.

Just means they didn't have approval to shoot anything for the episodes past ten, doesn't mean they couldn't write them. Hell, considering the payoff for almost everything they set up happened in the second half I'd say they needed to have at least an outline done for it.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby DarthEnder » May 14th, 2014 @ 10:54pm

I really feel like this episode, more than any other, felt like they had Joss come in and do the writing.

Spoiler: show
Pretty much every scene with Nick Fury talking was all classic Whedon dialog.

And the scene when Garrett is killed for real was pretty much the poster child for a Whedon scene. Building up something to be a huge lame cliche, and then subvert the hell out of it in a hilarious manner.
DarthEnder

Postby LiQuid » Jun 30th, 2014 @ 2:12am

Out of nowhere fucking Bill Paxton?!
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 30th, 2014 @ 7:05pm

LiQuid wrote:Out of nowhere fucking Bill Paxton?!

They had to bring out the big guns.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jul 1st, 2014 @ 1:54am

Guns don't get bigger than Paxton.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 21st, 2014 @ 8:20am

Sif and Lorelei in this shit now. Is this show actually getting cool? I still kinda wish most of the characters would stop talking tho.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 14th, 2014 @ 11:12pm

18 episodes in and affirmative action strikes as Coulson's motley crew gets a new agent for "reasons." Could this be the show's first character with an actual personality? Only time will tell!!!

Why am I still watching this?
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 14th, 2014 @ 11:58pm

I like Patton Oswalt. He and The Pax saving this show. Pax is even better as a bad guy. I hope they don't smoke him.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 12:33am

What the fuck they killed of Patton Oswalt already??
LiQuid wrote:

Why am I still watching this?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 12:52am

LiQuid wrote:Why am I still watching this?
Because you're a tard for Marvel. You would totally watch Marvel's The Potato.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 4:39am

It always kinda shocks me how they can take something so extraordinary as super heroics and turn them into such non-compelling pieces of entertainment. I love how they keep checking boxes off the bad character trope checklist. The Asian agent has a strict, disapproving, Asian mom?! Shocking! The shy nerdboy dealing with unrequited love??? You don't say! Everybody likes to say Coulson is the audience surrogate into that world of dumb shit, but this show has successfully turned him into said dumb shit. Patton Oswalt was my surrogate. For two whole episodes this crap show had someone *I* could relate to. I can't wait to see how they resolve Hunky White Agent With No Earlobes' 101-level betrayal in a way that keeps him on the show. They've already gone out of their way to display that he actually cares about the black hole of acting that is the main(?) character, but IMO killing Patton Oswalt is an irredeemable offense.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 6:29am

Keep watching
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 15th, 2014 @ 6:47am

Don't tell me what to do, idiot.
LiQuid

Postby meDotJS » Sep 23rd, 2014 @ 9:02pm

The first episode of season 2 didn't really have the impact you'd expect of a season premiere but it was a solid episode.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

Postby totoro » Sep 24th, 2014 @ 2:17am

That seems to be the entire show.

Early morning conference call equals watching last night's episode of this once I'm done. Also...
interesting that they're introducing Absorbing Man or at least some variation of him since the first Hulk movie. Setting up a potential Hulk crossover?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby Mr_eX » Sep 24th, 2014 @ 6:51pm

totoro wrote:That seems to be the entire show.

Early morning conference call equals watching last night's episode of this once I'm done. Also...
interesting that they're introducing Absorbing Man or at least some variation of him since the first Hulk movie. Setting up a potential Hulk crossover?

The general guy is also a Hulk character
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby meDotJS » Sep 24th, 2014 @ 6:56pm

I find it funny that they're doing cameos with characters that appeared in the 2003 film and not the 2008 (that's part of the MCU). Is it just a coincidence (since I mean they're both based on the comic books) or does Disney/Marvel feel that the 2003 one better fits into the MCU canon?

I mean I heard Marvel and Norton were on bad terms but that's another step if you just want to completely dismiss the movie he was in, especially since the 2003 one was a trainwreck.
I just googled it
and I'm wrong"
its official
meDotJS

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics