Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Daredevil on Netflix

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 3:46pm

Lord Skeletor wrote:every scene with Kingpin is pure gold.
While he was certainly an interesting character, he feels like a completely different character than the comic character.

He's like this weird emotionally stunted giant baby in this.

They don't even really explain how he ended up at the top of this syndicate. Because from what I can tell, HE'S the one that brings nothing to the organization. Everyone ELSE in the organization, even his assistant, seems to know what they're doing. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything on his own.

And if he was somehow bankrolling the operation, there was no explanation as to how he got rich in the first place. Because he damn sure didn't inherit it.

Contrast this to the comic character, who's this no-nonsense menacing chessmaster.

Sure, this version is scary too. But only because he could throw a tantrum at any moment and smash your head in like a giant retard. It's like a crime syndicate being run by Private Pyle.

Also, guy who's berzerk button is having people mess with his family, his go-to method of intimidating people is to threaten their families. So...too stupid to see irony on top of the rest of that.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized how dumb that Pyle reference is when I looked up the character and they are played by the same person. So that's LITERALLY the case. And not a metaphor that I thought I was making.
DarthEnder

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 4:39pm

I couldn't tell if you were making a clever reference, or were just a huge dumbass. Turns out the latter in this case.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 5:01pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:I couldn't tell if you were making a clever reference, or were just a huge dumbass. Turns out the latter in this case.
Well, it honestly was the conclusion I came to on my own.

I was like, "Who's a big, bald mental character that violently freaks out? Oh Pyle from FMJ!

I better check IMDB and make sure I'm spelling Pyle right(P.S. technically wasn't, since Pyle is the character's nickname, not his actual name). Oh, he's played by...wait, that's the same guy playing Kingpin."

I only knew Vincent D'onofrio from Men In Black and Law & Order. Never knew he was Pyle.

EDIT: And then of course they mention all of that on this week's podcast. So if it'd waited a day to comment, I could have avoided all that embarrassment.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 29th, 2016 @ 8:00am

Punisher is getting his own show
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Aaronbam » Sep 13th, 2017 @ 8:49am

I expect an offline version would still apply to anything they do with the streaming version.

I dont see any of their own productions ever going anywhere, especially one that is as big as Daredevil.
I recommend trading bot for successful trading
Aaronbam

Daredevil on Netflix

Postby Irrilstip » Oct 27th, 2017 @ 6:17pm

If Daredevil is brutally violent Punisher-level and/or vulgar, etc then it wont go into the view rotation for this summer as we planned. I was hoping it would make for an alternative when The Arrow, Flash, Gotham, and Agents of Shield wrap up.
Irrilstip

Convert Audio To The AAC Format

Postby immisdinouro » Nov 21st, 2017 @ 11:36pm

Soft4Boost Audio Converter is a straightforward-to-use audio tool to encode audio tracks between varied codecs: WAV, PCM, MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, AMR and others. MP3 - MPEG Audio Layer III, or MP3 for brief, is the most typical lossy format around. A lot so that it is become synonymous with downloaded music. MP3 isn't the most environment friendly format of all of them, however its undoubtedly essentially the most properly-supported, making it our first choice for lossy audio.
The Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) is the most recognized lossless format, so it's the best option if you wish to archive your music or Audio tracks. It's fairly completely different from different formats like AIFF, WAV, ALAC, which are additionally lossless formats but they require a lot of disk area as they don't seem to be compressed. It is still a lossless format, which suggests the audio high quality remains to be the same as the original source. Superior Audio Coding, often known as AAC, is just like MP3, although it is a bit more environment friendly, which implies that you would be able to have recordsdata that take up much less area, however with the identical sound quality as MP3. AAC and MP3 both are lossy codecs so they don't waste any disk space and are compressed quite like a zipper file. AAC is the successor of MP3 and it's better as a result of it one way or the other tries to realize the unique supply file audio high quality.
MP3 (MP3), WAV (WAV), WMA (WMA), Flac (FLAC), AC3 (AC3), AAC (AAC), M4A (M4A, M4R), OGG (OGG), AMR (AMR) Other Audio Codecs: AU, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, ADTS, ALAW, AMR, APC, APE, CAF, DTS, GSD, GSM, MKA, MLP, MMF, MP1, MP2, MPEG3, MPC, MP+, M2A, NUT, OMA, QCP, RA, RR and extra.
FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is an audio coding format for lossless compression of digital audio, and can also be the identify of the reference codec implementation. Digital audio compressed by FLAC's algorithm can usually be decreased to 50-60% of its original size and decompress to an similar copy of the unique audio data.
It even can convert video to audio format to extract audio from video. You can begin to transform FLAC to Apple Lossless by clicking "Convert Now" button. This online audio converter converts your audio to the AAC format. Upload your audio or provide a hyperlink to an exterior file to start out the conversion to AAC. You can even strip audio from video with this converter.
-codec:a libvo_aacenc is the codec to use for encoding the new file, ie libvo_aacenc. And you might wish to import the lossless audio file to your iPad, iPhone or iPod. The free Syncios iOS Switch would flac to aac converter be your best option on your to switch videos and music from pc to your iOS gadget with out the complicated iTunes.
Apple Lossless, also referred to as ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), or ALE (Apple Lossless Encoder) is an audio codec developed by Apple Inc. for lossless data compression of digital music. In keeping with Apple, audio recordsdata compressed with ALAC will burn up "about half the cupboard space" that the uncompressed information would require. ALAC could be played on all present iPods, iPhones and iPads, and will play on QuickTime 6.5.1 and iTunes 4.5 and on their later model.
immisdinouro

Previous
Forum Statistics