Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Daredevil on Netflix

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 3:46pm

Lord Skeletor wrote:every scene with Kingpin is pure gold.
While he was certainly an interesting character, he feels like a completely different character than the comic character.

He's like this weird emotionally stunted giant baby in this.

They don't even really explain how he ended up at the top of this syndicate. Because from what I can tell, HE'S the one that brings nothing to the organization. Everyone ELSE in the organization, even his assistant, seems to know what they're doing. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything on his own.

And if he was somehow bankrolling the operation, there was no explanation as to how he got rich in the first place. Because he damn sure didn't inherit it.

Contrast this to the comic character, who's this no-nonsense menacing chessmaster.

Sure, this version is scary too. But only because he could throw a tantrum at any moment and smash your head in like a giant retard. It's like a crime syndicate being run by Private Pyle.

Also, guy who's berzerk button is having people mess with his family, his go-to method of intimidating people is to threaten their families. So...too stupid to see irony on top of the rest of that.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized how dumb that Pyle reference is when I looked up the character and they are played by the same person. So that's LITERALLY the case. And not a metaphor that I thought I was making.
DarthEnder

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 4:39pm

I couldn't tell if you were making a clever reference, or were just a huge dumbass. Turns out the latter in this case.
CrossXhunteR

Postby DarthEnder » Apr 15th, 2015 @ 5:01pm

CrossXhunteR wrote:I couldn't tell if you were making a clever reference, or were just a huge dumbass. Turns out the latter in this case.
Well, it honestly was the conclusion I came to on my own.

I was like, "Who's a big, bald mental character that violently freaks out? Oh Pyle from FMJ!

I better check IMDB and make sure I'm spelling Pyle right(P.S. technically wasn't, since Pyle is the character's nickname, not his actual name). Oh, he's played by...wait, that's the same guy playing Kingpin."

I only knew Vincent D'onofrio from Men In Black and Law & Order. Never knew he was Pyle.

EDIT: And then of course they mention all of that on this week's podcast. So if it'd waited a day to comment, I could have avoided all that embarrassment.
DarthEnder

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 29th, 2016 @ 8:00am

Punisher is getting his own show
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Previous
Forum Statistics