Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: Big Bang Theory

Postby dabeast0976 » Sep 28th, 2009 @ 1:06pm

I came late to the series and have been catching up on repeats over the summer. I found the new episode to be very well done. And considering i have a Jewish friend living in Texas the line about the desert was even funnier. Now to find a clip to send him....
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby Mechar » Sep 29th, 2009 @ 6:25am

Watched the latest episode just now and it was a whole lot better than the first one. The intrigue was hilarious and the outcome I found really shoking yet awesome. Here's one that just can't wait for the next episode to air.
What a horrible night to have a curse.
Mechar

Postby KindGalaxy » Sep 30th, 2009 @ 6:48am

This show is a staple of the era, on the line of say... Full House, Rosanne, Grace Under Fire, Two and a Half Men, (I could've said Friends and Seinfeld but they're AAA sitcoms; the ones prior mentioned are not, and nor is BBT; but its still awesome), every era has a great sitcom you can sit down and enjoy, and Big Bang Theory is that for me. It's a great replacement after losing My Name is Earl.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Master Higgins » Sep 30th, 2009 @ 12:11pm

KindGalaxy wrote:I think because it's a sitcom is the reason why Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Ryan Higgins, Greg Ford, Andrew Fitch, or their Cameos such as Jade Kraus, Mike Cruz, don't talk about it. They feel intimidated by a mainstream television viewing that makes the geek community appear as normal, and not the freak within, and so they are too immature to discuss a show of the caliber of Big Bang Theory. (My insults damn well better ensure a discussion OF BBT in the next podcast!!!)

TEASER! I actually very briefly bring up Big Bang Theory on this weeks podcast, but you might not like what I have to say... :twisted:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 3rd, 2009 @ 9:58pm

Master Higgins wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:I think because it's a sitcom is the reason why Ryan Scott, Karen Chu, Ryan Higgins, Greg Ford, Andrew Fitch, or their Cameos such as Jade Kraus, Mike Cruz, don't talk about it. They feel intimidated by a mainstream television viewing that makes the geek community appear as normal, and not the freak within, and so they are too immature to discuss a show of the caliber of Big Bang Theory. (My insults damn well better ensure a discussion OF BBT in the next podcast!!!)

TEASER! I actually very briefly bring up Big Bang Theory on this weeks podcast, but you might not like what I have to say... :twisted:

Yeah man I heard that just now >> I can't disagree really, just state that I love sitcoms, I watch Gary Unmarried too... hell, I even try and watch a Bold & the Beautiful once a month to stay upto date. Big Bang Theory I think is my favourite sitcom since Roseanne, at least for the amount of laughs it gives me.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 1st, 2009 @ 11:50am

Felt like it was a good time to dust off this thread, considering how awesome Season 3 has been...

So to catch everyone up to speed:

1) Leonard and Penny FINALLY hooked up and are happily dating.

2) Wolowitz wins a bet against Sheldon and claims his prized copy of The Flash.

3) Raj faces deportation unless he accepts a position working "for" Sheldon, not "with."

4) Sheldon is defeated at a table-top card game by Wil Wheaton, who tricks him into throwing the match.

And the rest of the season looks to get even better with each episode. Share your thoughts below!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » May 22nd, 2010 @ 5:15pm

The origin of the broken elevator as well as the first meeting of Leonard and Sheldon was a great episode last week.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby AJR » May 24th, 2010 @ 6:10pm

Big Bang Theory is one of those shows I just don’t get. I’ve never been able to sit through a whole episode, but every excerpt I’ve watched has been excruciating. I’m not really sure why this show is supposed to be funny.
I do a podcast with some guy. Feel free to listen.
http://earth-2.net/podcasts/extralives/extralives
AJR

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2010 @ 6:15pm

AJR wrote:Big Bang Theory is one of those shows I just don’t get. I’ve never been able to sit through a whole episode, but every excerpt I’ve watched has been excruciating. I’m not really sure why this show is supposed to be funny.

If it's not funny to you, it's not funny to you. But I think you should at least watch an entire episode before passing judgment. Who knows, you might find it enjoyable, or at least articulate what you dislike about it. *shrug*
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2010 @ 7:52pm

That was not much of a finale. But at least Leonard got to have sex with Penny one more time...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby indieinsd » May 24th, 2010 @ 10:32pm

jinpei05 wrote:That was not much of a finale. But at least Leonard got to have sex with Penny one more time...

Yeah last week's was far better. Some of the jokes were super cringe worthy with Zack. They should have worked in the reason for the experiment was like Zacks belief 'that man' didn't go to the moon or something. The show is really hit or miss sometimes.
indieinsd

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2010 @ 11:34pm

I watched an episode of this shortly after this thread was made and almost killed myself when it was over. I might have already said that in this thread somewhere, but I didn't wanna brave paging back through it to find out. Just wanted to let you guys know.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » May 25th, 2010 @ 4:17pm

LiQuid wrote:I watched an episode of this shortly after this thread was made and almost killed myself when it was over. I might have already said that in this thread somewhere, but I didn't wanna brave paging back through it to find out. Just wanted to let you guys know.

No, tell us how you REALLY feel...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby PantslessJedi » May 29th, 2010 @ 8:24am

indieinsd wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:That was not much of a finale. But at least Leonard got to have sex with Penny one more time...

Yeah last week's was far better. Some of the jokes were super cringe worthy with Zack. They should have worked in the reason for the experiment was like Zacks belief 'that man' didn't go to the moon or something. The show is really hit or miss sometimes.

gods..the finale was cringeworthy. I think I buried my head under the couch cushions at once point.
PantslessJedi

Postby flufflogic » May 29th, 2010 @ 11:18am

Currently powering my way through series 2 having already watched all of series 1. Love this show so far!
flufflogic

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 12:01pm

Last week's premiere was ok, but I hope they're not running out of steam. Some of the jokes were kinda lame.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Creep » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 12:23pm

I was a fan for the first few seasons, but have since stopped. It dawned on my how pandering it was to the geek audience and that turned me off completely. That's not to say that there isn't any appeal, I do like Penny as eye candy.
Creep

Postby flufflogic » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 1:33pm

Penny and Leonard got together too early. It should have been at least another season before that happened.
flufflogic

Postby jinpei05 » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 4:08pm

I'm gonna stick around for the guest star episodes to see if they turn it around. George Takei, Eliza Dushku, and the return of Katie Sackhoff!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Sep 28th, 2010 @ 5:15pm

All star line up!
LiQuid

Postby cool_wizard » Sep 29th, 2010 @ 5:56pm

i think the show sucks, the only part I saw was a clip where the taller/skinny guy with a fucked up voice comes home with a nintendo 64 and says that he is going to play mariokart 64 and that his mom left his memory card so he could begin where he left off but WTF mariokart 64 never used memory cards and he sounds like an idiot too. The show is as bad as when fat comedians just make fun of themselves being fat. It's depressing.
cool_wizard

Postby flufflogic » Sep 30th, 2010 @ 9:34am

You should watch from the start and give it a chance, remembering it's a mainstream show. Some things they just can't go into detail on.
flufflogic

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 4th, 2010 @ 11:10am

Ha ha, the latest episode was much better than the premiere. Nice cameo by the Woz!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 10:18am

Finally, after weeks of mediocrity, an awesome episode, with Katie Sackhoff AND George Takei!!!

OH, MY!!!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 1:21pm

Am I the only one who watches this show???

Anyway, last episode was pretty good. Leonard's desperation and Sheldon's growing relationship with Amy Farrah Fowler is pretty funny.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby PantslessJedi » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 2:08pm

I'm not liking the increased emphasis on Sheldon, this season. He's just not an amusing character to me. I'm still enjoying the season overall though. Lots of good guest stars. :D
PantslessJedi

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 2:23pm

He's the break out star of the show. Emphasis has been put on him since mid-season 1.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lopsidedown » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 4:41pm

Anything involving less leonard is fine by me.
Lopsidedown

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 4:44pm

At least this season is boosting the guest star quotient. Eliza Dushku's gonna be on an upcoming episode.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby dabeast0976 » Oct 25th, 2010 @ 5:36pm

And Wil Wheaton is coming back on the Novmber 10th episode.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics