Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Warehouse 13

Postby Klendathu » Jul 9th, 2009 @ 6:58am

So who has any opinion on Warehouse 13, the new show on SyFy. The channel I now call STDV.

For my taste the whole lo-fi high-tec gadgets were a bit cheesy. The backstories of the characters were annoying as hell, because guess what, one Emo kid is crying over his hero daddy and the other one has guilt issues. Thank you Syfy, can we please have a show not featuring emotionally damaged people? Not to speak of the whole pointless plotline about them trying to ditch their new assignment. Thanks again, but isn't the whole point of the show them being there? Why waste time on them trying to get out of their assignment? We already know how that will end.

So between the usual 20 minute character introduction and 15 minutes overall quirkiness setup, there was actually some sort of X-Files meets Doctor Who hybrid episode in there. Not the strongest one in the world, but at times I could see that with a bit more Men in Black, this series could actually go somewhere.

The episode also gets a special political correctness done incorrectly award, for first introducing an intellectual black guy, only to torch him as if he was a red shirt moments later. Was this some sort of meta joke?

So I say Warehouse 13 got potential and with not that much competition currently on, the series might have the time to properly adjust itself.
Klendathu

Re: Wrehouse 13

Postby Excellent_Choice » Jul 9th, 2009 @ 9:07am

not so bad i thought. i like the idea of the items, houdinis journal or whatever is making that brutish lady see dead people from her past, the comb channeled that lady from the 1600s ghost, and the tea kettle grants wishes. the slime is pulled straight outta ghostbusters, but thats ok. ill stick around for the next few just to see what other items they have. if they can keep the story flowing and not corny then it might go over well.

the new name is such garbage juice - - SyFy=FAILSAURUS REX

that having been said; My brother's sister's cousin never said anything about bars.
Excellent_Choice

Postby hunter zolomon » Jul 9th, 2009 @ 8:32pm

totally dug on it, didnt help it was created by jane the buffy creative goddess
making others better through great tragedy and laced cookies
hunter zolomon

Postby Klendathu » Jul 15th, 2009 @ 7:28am

First regular episode aired. What should I say?

* If Bob Ross was alive he would reject that intro music as too boring.
* Give Tricia Helfer her own show already. She can't continue running around stealing the show like that. Dye her hair red, chainmail bikini, you get the idea.
* Important Spy Tip: If you have a warehouse with stuff tucked away that nobody ever requests, your computer does not need to be hooked to the internet. If your fancy "paranormal search engine" in hacked while in idle mode, just disconnect it.
* First episodes and they are handing out free passes to bank robbers already. Next week: nevermind the leg, my car is an automatic.
* Stop whining about your parents, you are not a bunch of teenagers!

It seemed the quirky fun was drained out of this one. Which left the episode stranded in nowhere land between good and bad.
Klendathu

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 15th, 2009 @ 10:41am

itunes has the first episode for free so I downloaded it. It's pretty good, I think I may start watching the series.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby racingfreak92 » Jul 15th, 2009 @ 8:15pm

Its a okay show, nothing really good or bad about it except i dont like the female agent, whatever her name is. As long as the show keeps going on Hulu ill watch
LiQuid wrote:I would never go on a cruise because I think whales are scary. Major Nelson went on a cruise last week and he posted a bunch of pictures and I was looking at the pictures of all the whales and even that was scary. Also large ships are scary.
racingfreak92

Postby JayMarshall » Jul 16th, 2009 @ 10:08am

I watched the Pilot and the first episode and thought it was pretty good, the idea of a giant warehouse filled with all kinds of cool toys sounds awesome. And its on Hulu, and I love me the Hulus.

Also, did anyone else make the completely obvious Raiders of the Lost Ark connection?
JayMarshall

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 16th, 2009 @ 11:42am

The show kind of reminds me of Supernatural only not as serious(or as funny) and not as good.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby MacBooey87 » Jul 16th, 2009 @ 10:19pm

JayMarshall wrote:I watched the Pilot and the first episode and thought it was pretty good, the idea of a giant warehouse filled with all kinds of cool toys sounds awesome. And its on Hulu, and I love me the Hulus.

Also, did anyone else make the completely obvious Raiders of the Lost Ark connection?

thats actually where they got idea for the show.
:ugeek:
MacBooey87

Postby Klendathu » Jul 17th, 2009 @ 12:54am

Dates and synopses for the near future. Syfy currently ravels in the glory of Warehouse 13 being the highest rated cable show among the relevant demographic. Oh, well, just you wait until the competition is back.

Warehouse 13
"Magnetism"
Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are sent to upstate New York to investigate why the town's inhabitants seem to be acting out their subconscious desires. At Warehouse 13, Artie (Saul Rubinek) is puzzled by the building's sudden energy surges.
Guest Star: Ivan Sergei
Air Date: July 21, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Claudia"
Artie (Saul Rubinek) is kidnapped by a young woman named Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) who believes he is responsible for the death of her brother, Joshua, 12 years earlier. As Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) try to find Artie, Artie learns there's more to Joshua's fate than he ever knew, and he might still have a chance to make things right--but at a terrible cost.
Guest Star: CCH Pounder
Air Date: July 28, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Elements"
When a sculpture is stolen thanks to a Native American artifact that allowed the thief to walk through the steel walls of a vault, Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are sent to New York City to investigate. The hunt for the truth eventually leads them to the discovery of a sacred place--and they'll do all they can to protect it.
Guest Stars: Joe Flanigan, James Naughton
Air Date: August 4, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Burnout"
Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) must complete the life-threatening mission of a long-dead Warehouse agent who disappeared while on the hunt for an artifact.
Guest Stars: Roberta Maxwell, Al Sapienza
Air Date: August 11, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Implosion"
Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) rejoin their Secret Service detail in Washington to intercept a samurai sword that's about to be given as a gift to the president. They expect the mission to be a quick swap with a decoy, but instead discover that someone else is out there, also trying to collect objects that belong in the Warehouse.
Guest Stars: CCH Pounder, Roger Rees
Air Date: August 18, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Duped"
Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are dispatched to Las Vegas to retrieve an artifact that seems to grant good fortune to a couple of gamblers. But their simple snag it/bag it/tag it mission gets complicated when Myka accidentally gets trapped in Lewis Carroll's mirror--unleashing the malevolent entity that was trapped inside.
Guest Stars: Erica Cerra, Niall Matter, CCH Pounder
Air Date: August 25, 2009 @ 9 PM
Klendathu

Postby Sokkratez » Jul 17th, 2009 @ 4:55pm

Show's good enough. I will keep watching.
Sokkratez

Postby wrathloki » Jul 22nd, 2009 @ 9:21pm

From what I've seen this show seems like your standard Sci Fi garbage fare, unfortunately no Battlestar Galactica replacement yet. Also the old high tech stuff is stupid, I don't get it at all.
wrathloki

Postby ATC 1982 » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 2:46pm

I have to say that this season just got more interesting... Anyone else been watching this?
Spoiler: show
I hope Mrs Fredrickson has gone under ground and not dead. The other old guy just really seems evil and sucks I think... Wonder why he wants to take over the warehouse and what personal gain is he trying to achieve
ATC 1982

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 5:55pm

ATC 1982 wrote:I have to say that this season just got more interesting... Anyone else been watching this?
I hope Mrs Fredrickson has gone under ground and not dead. The other old guy just really seems evil and sucks I think... Wonder why he wants to take over the warehouse and what personal gain is he trying to achieve

Hell yeah i've been watching. I DVR every new episode and watch it the next day to skip the commercials. And the crossover with Eureka was fun.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby ATC 1982 » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 6:36pm

Drats I new I missed something, but I could not ever get into Eureka ... So what are your thoughts DaBeast and use a spoiler tag
ATC 1982

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 7:16pm

Too bad. The crossover was actually pretty good and made sense. I want to get Eureka on Netflix, but it's not streaming. Damn you NBC Universal!
My DVR cut off the part of next week's preview, but from the show i gathered that she didn't go underground, especially after her talk with Pete. I think that Vanda was sent in because Frederickson is getting too powerful and has the support of all of the Agents. And they are bringing HG Wells back so it's going to get interesting.
dabeast0976

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 3:06am

Eureka has always been a guilty pleasure for me and the crossover has made me decide to give this show a second chance.

I think I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Warehouse 13 but I was left feeling like I was watching some educational kids show where each week we would learn about some historical figure.
CantStrafeRight

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 7:00am

CantStrafeRight wrote:I think I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Warehouse 13 but I was left feeling like I was watching some educational kids show where each week we would learn about some historical figure.

It's a show about "possessed" historical artifacts and you didn't like it because it talks about...history?
dabeast0976

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 7:20am

No.
I felt like it was trying to make me learn about history rather than make an entertaining story involving history.

But I'll openly admit that I didn't give it a full chance, which is why I'm going to try and watch it again.
CantStrafeRight

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 8:16am

CantStrafeRight wrote:No.
I felt like it was trying to make me learn about history rather than make an entertaining story involving history.

But I'll openly admit that I didn't give it a full chance, which is why I'm going to try and watch it again.

It's actually a real fun show to watch, more comedy than drama and the action is good. AND it had Rene Auberjonois on a recent excellent episode.
dabeast0976

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 8:29am

dabeast0976 wrote:It's actually a real fun show to watch, more comedy than drama and the action is good. AND it had Rene Auberjonois on a recent excellent episode.

As a DS9 fan thats all you had to say to get me to watch.
CantStrafeRight

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 9:20am

CantStrafeRight wrote:
dabeast0976 wrote:It's actually a real fun show to watch, more comedy than drama and the action is good. AND it had Rene Auberjonois on a recent excellent episode.

As a DS9 fan thats all you had to say to get me to watch.

Then get ready for your mind to be blown. He was on the Eureka crossover episode.
dabeast0976

Re: Warehouse 13

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 17th, 2010 @ 12:50pm

I'm about 8 episodes into season 1 and I'm enjoying it so far.

It seems a little odd that they choose to do a crossover with Eureka as so far I've seen 4 actors in Warehouse 13 that have been in Eureka but as different characters.
In fact in season 1 of Eureka theres an object known as The Artifact and theres an episode where Saul Rubinek's Eureka character becomes effected by it.
CantStrafeRight

Postby GiantAsianMan » Aug 17th, 2010 @ 1:40pm

CantStrafeRight wrote:It seems a little odd that they choose to do a crossover with Eureka as so far I've seen 4 actors in Warehouse 13 that have been in Eureka but as different characters.

Yeah, you've just got to forget that happened. Crossing over actors is much easier than crossing over characters, especially taking actors from an established show (Eureka) and having them show up on a new one (Warehouse 13). But it did put them in a kinda weird meta- place when the characters finally crossed over.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 17th, 2010 @ 2:16pm

GiantAsianMan wrote:
CantStrafeRight wrote:It seems a little odd that they choose to do a crossover with Eureka as so far I've seen 4 actors in Warehouse 13 that have been in Eureka but as different characters.

Yeah, you've just got to forget that happened. Crossing over actors is much easier than crossing over characters, especially taking actors from an established show (Eureka) and having them show up on a new one (Warehouse 13). But it did put them in a kinda weird meta- place when the characters finally crossed over.

Then neither one of you will ever want to watch any Law and Order series. They use the same actors for different roles (mostly criminals).
dabeast0976

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 17th, 2010 @ 5:05pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
Then neither one of you will ever want to watch any Law and Order series. They use the same actors for different roles (mostly criminals).

David Zayas (Angel from Dexter) has played 9 different characters in the Law & order Universe. If they dont explain it soon I'm going to write a fan fiction about how they are all clones.
CantStrafeRight

Postby Creep » Aug 17th, 2010 @ 5:55pm

Oh man, I used to be a Law and Order addict. Yeah, after so many episodes you have to expect certain actors to reappear as different characters at some point. On SVU, one rapist eventually was recast as an ADA, upholding the law with the rest of the regular cast. Suspension of disbelief is the name of the game.
Creep

Postby Kenshiro28 » Aug 18th, 2010 @ 3:25am

Didn't Ice T show up in the pilot as a pimp?
Everyone in this thread is a looooseeerrr
Kenshiro28

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 18th, 2010 @ 3:09pm

Creep wrote:Oh man, I used to be a Law and Order addict. Yeah, after so many episodes you have to expect certain actors to reappear as different characters at some point. On SVU, one rapist eventually was recast as an ADA, upholding the law with the rest of the regular cast. Suspension of disbelief is the name of the game.

Yeah I think I remember that. I was freaking out about it because I get weird about continuity and nobody else cared.

I recently heard an episode of the Nerdist with that girl from Drake and Josh talking about this show. She's awesome so I've been meaning to get into it.

I have a question. Is it just a one off crossover or is there more to it? I stopped watching Eureka after season 1. I loved the show so I don't know why I stopped. Anyway, would that matter at all. If these shows are going to be in the same universe I need to catch up with Eureka.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby CantStrafeRight » Aug 18th, 2010 @ 4:36pm

There's a Eureka crossover episode with Claudia in it, and there is a Warehouse 13 crossover episode with Fargo in it. The Eureka episode is set after the Warehouse 13 episode and it leaves it open for them to do more crossovers but I doubt they would do anything more than the odd self contained episode.

As much as I like Eureka they do have a very nasty habit of dropping plot lines and characters. This isn't too noticeable over the course of a few years, but I would think it would be very noticeable if you watched the seasons back to back. Just a warning.
CantStrafeRight

Next
Forum Statistics