Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: True Blood

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 20th, 2012 @ 6:09am

I'm just curious. Do any of you actually think True Blood is a legitimately good TV show or do we all agree that it's so bad and stupid that its good?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2012 @ 6:36am

It's pretty obviously one of those "so bad it's good" things. But at this point, you know that all this ridiculousness is very self-conscious and planned, so does that make it so good it's good?
kenzo

Postby mrstotoro » Jun 20th, 2012 @ 9:35pm

Having read the books, I can appreciate the fact that a lot of the characters have taken different directions, and there are different storylines. I guess my expectations are low because I watch it for knowing it is what it is: fantasy ridiculousness with lots of gratuitous nudity and gore. Charlaine Harris has written what is essentially a Harlequin series with better characters in a serial novel form. Having watched Six Feet Under, I know there were some seasons where Alan Ball almost lost me, but I stuck it out, and learned to just expect the story to be mediocre so that I would be pleasantly surprised when it was fantastic.
mrstotoro

Postby LiQuid » Jun 21st, 2012 @ 2:56am

Mr_eX wrote:I'm just curious. Do any of you actually think True Blood is a legitimately good TV show or do we all agree that it's so bad and stupid that its good?

It is the best show that has ever been on television. It's not so stupid it's good, it's so good it's stupid.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 15th, 2012 @ 11:24pm

Russell Eddington wrote:I want to gorge on human blood, not because some bible tells me to, but because I *like* it. It's fun! IT MAKES MY DICK HARD!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 24th, 2012 @ 9:20pm

Recap of this week's episode of True Blood:

LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 24th, 2012 @ 10:03pm

I love the vampires getting high during mardi gras.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 25th, 2012 @ 4:25am

"I've experienced more love, etc in this hate group than, etc!" "Hate groups are about more than just hate!"

"Suicide is for Muslims!"
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 25th, 2012 @ 6:28am

Anyone else notice the Lost smoke monster sound effects?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jul 30th, 2012 @ 1:28am

God, hilarious episode tonight. I'm actually kinda interested where they'll take this, and what kind of extremely retarded excuse they'll contrive to make everyone's completely disparate story lines intersect again towards the end. The only disappointing bit of this episode was Merlotte not making out with Merlotte, but that was probably going to be a technical nightmare for them to figure out. Also, pretty dumb how they didn't heal what'sherface's gunshot wound with Jessica standing around right there - not doing much.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 30th, 2012 @ 6:23am

I'm OK, you hit me in the head
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 6th, 2012 @ 3:47pm

"Creepy spirit thang - why you in sookie-bathroom?" :lol:
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 7th, 2012 @ 6:24am

They wrapped up two of the side story lines this episode. That leaves the wolves, vampires and Sookie story lines. Would you count Tara as a story line too?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2012 @ 8:53am

Dunno why but this season kinda starting to lose me. It's still 100% ridiculous and ep to ep there is always shit that makes me lol but there are too many subplots for characters I don't give a fuck about like Iraq guy and the stupid wolf shit. Gotta say though, Sam acting like a chick last episode might have been some of the best shit to ever happen in this show ever.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2012 @ 9:21am

Mr_eX wrote:Would you count Tara as a story line too?
Kind of. It's definitely a series of events that show character development. But all that happens every episode is that Tara shows up at work a vampire, does stupid shit, gets yelled at/eye-fucked by her master, and then the cycle continues anew in the next episode.

LiQuid wrote:Dunno why but this season kinda starting to lose me. It's still 100% ridiculous and ep to ep there is always shit that makes me lol but there are too many subplots for characters I don't give a fuck about like Iraq guy and the stupid wolf shit. Gotta say though, Sam acting like a chick last episode might have been some of the best shit to ever happen in this show ever.
The last two seasons have had the exact same nonsense where five concurrent storylines play out at the same time, have nothing to do with each other, then hastily combine in the last few episodes of the season. It's always been total bullshit, but maybe this is the season that it begins to wear out its welcome? Also, there's always been a level of mystery hovering over most of the shenanigans like "what is the Authority?" But now we know the answers (and how stupid they are) and all that's really left is, "who did Sookie's parents in?" And I could give a rats' ass about that.
kenzo

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 8th, 2012 @ 9:45am

kenzo wrote:"Creepy spirit thang - why you in sookie-bathroom?" :lol:

I liked "I ain't Gmail for dead bitches!"
mrstotoro

Postby kenzo » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 12:31pm

True Blood uncerimoniously killed off Dr. Phlox in the intro of the latest episode - which was awesome, but I'll miss his character. It also killed off nerdy-science-vampire which was hilarious but again I'll miss her. I thought that *maybe* Bill was going for the long-con, but it seems like he's totally off his rocker after this episode.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 12:53pm

My friend and I were talking about Jim Jones the other day which was timely since Bill is pretty literally drinking the Kool Aid. You know I love this show for yuks but in really thinking about it I can't think of a single character, save maybe Lafayette, that they've actually taken in a direction that I would find agreeable.

Also fuck this show for making me watch Godric die twice now! I've wanted him to come back as Vampire Jesus ever since he ate it in season 2 and for this faux Obi Wan shit to go down and have him explode all over Lillith, while hilarious was still like a big middle finger to me. Where the FUCK is my Eric/Godric spin off show, Northmen full of vampire Vikings hunting crazy ass Norse creatures with Miller Time in mead halls with flagons of virgin blood overflowing?! Too bad Alan Ball couldn't find a way to shoehorn some fag allegory into it, so it'll probably never happen. :(
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 14th, 2012 @ 1:53pm

I really like how Eric and Bill have kind of reversed their positions and outlooks on life (death). It's been hilarious to watch. I'm totally waiting for the big reveal that it was Bill who killed Sookie's parents (or some kind of bullshit like that). And I laughed pretty hard when Lilith ripped Godric's throat open (I was expecting the Vampire-Jesus thing to happen and it didn't), so that was cool. I also like what they're doing with Jason - he's like the new Tara, being put through the emotional wringer (he even got gang-raped last season) and it's just kinda fun to watch bad things happen to him. But unlike Tara, I've actually grown to empathize with the character a little.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 26th, 2012 @ 9:07pm

TELEFRAG :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Aug 26th, 2012 @ 11:50pm

Now THAT was a season finale... You can't deny True Blood has some low lows to go with its high highs, but everything I witnessed in the last hour was literally incomparable to anything else you will find on TV anywhere.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 27th, 2012 @ 2:59am

Fuck, do we really have to wait a year for more? That was so fuckin' awesome. I think I laughed more than I have lately at Community.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 18th, 2013 @ 6:21am

Billith
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jun 19th, 2013 @ 6:47pm

Billtih, everyone acting retarded, bad drama, hokey action, gratuitous nudity, Tara in pain and agony, my favorite guest actresses dying... yup. This is True Blood alright.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 19th, 2013 @ 11:07pm

Having just watched the season 6 premiere of True Blood I don't have any good god damned idea what the motherfuck is going on in True Blood.

Remember when this show was relatively mundane vampire smut in the first season? What happened. Why haven't they abandoned the werewolf or Sheriff Andy plotlines yet? This show has been amassing characters for the better part of a decade and never loses any.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jun 20th, 2013 @ 12:24am

Oh, they lose characters. Just none of the ones that were present during the first couple of episodes. Also, werewolf guy is too hot to kill - the ladies would flip their shit if he died. All my favorite hawties though? Get replaced with even hotter people a week later.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jun 20th, 2013 @ 12:34am

Only good thing about wolfbro is that he gets to bang a lot of hot ass wolfchix. The entire subplot literally only exists to provide dumb sex scenes. Also I have a feeling Sheriff Andy's cadre of fairy kids are going to be hot within the next episode or two.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 15th, 2013 @ 6:45am

I fucking love this show.

Stay in school cuz it's the best.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jul 22nd, 2013 @ 2:25am

They finally killed off Terry. Thank god. Looks like they're also killing off Vampire Bill's hot sister though. That sucks, but it's par for the course. They also jettisoned shapeshifter-daughter from the story. Keep getting rid of the bad characters please. Let's get everyone who works at Merlot's dead (minus gay-guy), Jessica (sorry, but you've become annoying), Tara and old lady, and then turn everyone else on the show into day-walking vampires that just murder everyone all the time.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 22nd, 2013 @ 5:06am

Damn I'm like 3 episodes behind. Happy they are finally killing off characters tho. They need to make this season a fucking bloodbath because I'm sick of: Sheriff Andy, Werewolf Dude, Tara (for fuck's sake they made her even MORE annoying as a vampire - now I know how Jubilee haters feel), Every Fairy, Sookie Especially, Pam's Attitude, Eric's Sister, and probably a bunch more I'm forgetting... There is SO much room for culling in this show.
LiQuid

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics