Wherein we discuss scripted events which are broadcast over analog and digital channels.

Re: True Blood

Postby kenzo » Jul 22nd, 2013 @ 5:27am

LiQuid wrote:Damn I'm like 3 episodes behind. Happy they are finally killing off characters tho. They need to make this season a fucking bloodbath because I'm sick of: Sheriff Andy, Werewolf Dude, Tara (for fuck's sake they made her even MORE annoying as a vampire - now I know how Jubilee haters feel), Every Fairy, Sookie Especially, Pam's Attitude, Eric's Sister, and probably a bunch more I'm forgetting... There is SO much room for culling in this show.
Do you want spoilers? Well, here's some spoilers: they've basically killed off every fairy in the show except Sookie at this point. Who they'll never truly kill because she's the main character.

Werewolf dude has an out right now, but I doubt they'll take it cuz ladies love him. Plus he and his pack are one of the better sources of nudity in this show. Pam and/or Eric's Sister are def biting the bullet this season they're writing both of those characters into a corner. I've kind of come to peace with Tara. I think my brain has been so damaged by watching her on screen that it just refuses to see her anymore and I get selective amnesia whenever she's involved. I honestly couldn't tell you what she's been doing this season, even though she's been all over it. Sheriff Andy is OK. He's a dunce, and it's funny to laugh at him. More spoilers: he got a bunch of fairy-babies, and they all got murdered except for one. That was the best moment ever.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 7th, 2013 @ 7:57am

The last few episodes of True Blood have been kind of faltering. Though the end of last episode, and this one are making good progress. Basically, the story has started taking itself way too seriously recently, but there's some glimmers of hope. Vamp-sis is dead, and the results/mental breakdowns are hilarious. The shitty werewolf-pack are being mercifully written off the show, and main were-bro has an out but he probably won't take it because ladies love him. Shitty black-hippy-girl is the worst, and she basically only existed to get rid of the werewolves, but now she's preggers, so hopefully there's some hilarious tragedy involved in her future but I really hope to god she doesn't stick around because she's the absolute worst. The last of the fairy-girls got naked and that was pretty hot, and then Eric came to suck on her neck and I got excited hoping she would die, but then she didn't, so I'm worried she'll stick around for a long while, although she could also be an out for this Warlow-business (make her into a vampire-bride instead of sookie).

This episode was going nowhere fast, and then bible-thumper-girl had the fucking best chase-scene/murder I've ever seen in this show, so that redeemed the episode. Next episode is #9, and typically when shit hits the fan. So we'll see what happens. I can only pray more people bite the bullet.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 7th, 2013 @ 9:49am

I'm still so far behind. Season already almost over and I'm like 4 or 5 in. The last episode I watched was amazan tho. Dunno how this can get bad.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 12th, 2013 @ 6:31am

So... this was probably the worst episode 9 of any season of True Blood. There were some pretty great moments, but half the episode was spent switching back and forth between Terry's funeral. W. T. F. And the funeral shit was way too serious and trying way too hard to be emotional. If they'd simply gotten it out of the way in one big chunk, then maybe I could have enjoyed the rest of the episode. But they kept... coming... back to it. Ugh. And even then it didn't really end on a WTF moment. But I did get a LOL out of the fake-out ending where it was perfectly choreographed for a loving embrace and then Eric just NOPES the fuck out. Eric is easily the 2nd or 3rd best character on the show. Also, reverend-vampire's death was the best part of this episode.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 19th, 2013 @ 11:43pm

That was a pretty lulzy episode for a season finale. Time skip was interesting. LOL@ Tara's continued suffering. LOL @ this being the shittiest way a series villain goes out. LOL @ Jason being super whipped. BTW, that vampire Jason is doing is probably the hottest woman on the show yet. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Also also wik, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ how Eric goes out. Not a bad season all and all, but not the best.
kenzo

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 21st, 2013 @ 9:35am

kenzo wrote:That was a pretty lulzy episode for a season finale. Time skip was interesting. LOL@ Tara's continued suffering. LOL @ this being the shittiest way a series villain goes out. LOL @ Jason being super whipped. BTW, that vampire Jason is doing is probably the hottest woman on the show yet. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Also also wik, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ how Eric goes out. Not a bad season all and all, but not the best.

Actual mrstotoro quote while viewing the Eric scene: "Under the snow, Eric. Dive, dive!"
mrstotoro

Postby kenzo » Aug 21st, 2013 @ 9:43am

I would love it if that's the unceremonious way Eric Northman goes out as a character, but you just know he'll come crawling back next season.
kenzo

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 21st, 2013 @ 11:32am

kenzo wrote:I would love it if that's the unceremonious way Eric Northman goes out as a character, but you just know he'll come crawling back next season.

I like Eric better in the book. In the book, he's a lot less of a douche. He still pulls shit, don't get me wrong, but he truly loves Sookie. I am liking the Alcide/Sookie matchup in the show though. Don't tell Totoro.
mrstotoro

Postby kenzo » Aug 21st, 2013 @ 3:25pm

But Eric being a douche is the best... :(
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 1:42am

God those final 2 episodes were THE WORST. Tons of hilarious shit tho. Rev. Newlin's last words... Ending the finale on that Radioactive song was PROBABLY the most hilarious thing that has ever happened in the history of this series.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 1:43am

I know this show loves its bait and switch so I have high hopes it wont come to it, but I promise you if Erik isn't back next season I'm checking out.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 28th, 2013 @ 2:10am

Dude basically stole the show and is its main character. No way he isn't coming back. They'll make a big fuckin' deal in the plot about how he's shown up out of nowhere after being gone.
kenzo

Postby manta173 » Sep 3rd, 2013 @ 12:35pm

Just caught up. I liked the funeral. I liked Terry and it was a fitting way to get rid of one of the few human beings worth anything.

I don't think Eric is gone at all. I assume Pam swooped in and saved him or something like that.

Glad to be done with the vampire god stuff though. That was getting annoying.
manta173

Postby LiQuid » Sep 3rd, 2013 @ 12:40pm

manta173 wrote:Just caught up. I liked the funeral. I liked Terry and it was a fitting way to get rid of one of the few human beings worth anything.

I don't think Eric is gone at all. I assume Pam swooped in and saved him or something like that.

Glad to be done with the vampire god stuff though. That was getting annoying.

You and me... We don't watch this show for the same reasons.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 30th, 2014 @ 7:10pm

Angry mobs are the worst. Can't wait for this show to be done
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jul 21st, 2014 @ 3:48pm

From a certain standpoint, this season of True Blood is probably the most sophisticated it's ever gotten. It's playing with a lot of heady themes surrounding death and grieving that - for a show about vampires and murder - hasn't really been touched much in the past. I would consider this laudable for most shows that aren't True Blood.

But I don't watch True Blood to be intellectually stimulated. I watch for the stupid and the violence and the sex. And this season is sorely lacking in it. This weekend's episode made me angry. Literally nothing happened the entire time except people talking about their feelings all episode and then throwing a party. Literally the most boring TV I've watched in weeks, and I've watched some bullshit boring TV. The only saving grace was at the end of the episode, we see that Bill is terminally ill now, so that's awesome. If more than 25% of the cast make it out of this show alive by the end, I'm going to flip my shit.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 21st, 2014 @ 3:57pm

Me and Davis are only 2 episodes in. That Erik/Jason shipping from the cold open in ep 2 was some amazing shit but holy fuck is the rest of this season boring as fuck.
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jul 23rd, 2014 @ 11:04pm

The 90s Eric and Pam flashbacks are killing me. Too bad this season is such a piece of shit. I guess they're trying to right the ship so the show doesn't go out like a complete fucking joke (see: Dexter) but anybody that has been watching this dumb fucking show this long doesn't want this touchy feely bullshit. We want retardation.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Jul 28th, 2014 @ 12:53am

Oh. My. God. This is the darkest timeline. True Blood is sobad this season. This last episode was torture. I hate this shit so much.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 28th, 2014 @ 6:26am

and theres the cop out
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jul 28th, 2014 @ 6:58am

Mr_eX wrote:and theres the cop out
I'm so angry that there's a cure. I need everyone to die.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Aug 12th, 2014 @ 12:37am

I thought they killed Tara off but she just keeps showing up as a ghost and is more annoying than ever. At least cowboy-yakuza in rice-rockets are hilarious and a small redemption on this filthy good for nothing season.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 17th, 2014 @ 7:07pm

This episode may have been the worst episode of the entire series
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 18th, 2014 @ 2:48am

Mr_eX wrote:This episode may have been the worst episode of the entire series
you were not kidding. An entire episode of feelings and emotional closure brought to a culmination with a Ginger sex scene. So awful. So incredibly awful. What the hell happened to you, True Blood?
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 18th, 2014 @ 6:38am

This episode was so bad I may not watch the series finale
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 19th, 2014 @ 10:12am

I never watched the Dexter finale, but this is approaching that level of ineptitude in a finale.
mrstotoro

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 24th, 2014 @ 7:15pm

Episode isn't over yet but this beyond awful
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 24th, 2014 @ 7:52pm

finished it. SO BAD
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 24th, 2014 @ 7:55pm

The only good scene in the episode was this gif, which made me laugh
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby mrstotoro » Aug 24th, 2014 @ 9:58pm

Mr_eX wrote:The only good scene in the episode was this gif, which made me laugh

The best part of that scene is where he's fighting off the little giggle.
mrstotoro

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics