Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby Master Higgins » Dec 29th, 2009 @ 9:56am

Posters, old and new, introduce yourselves here!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby LiQuid » Dec 29th, 2009 @ 10:24am

Can we introduce the person above us instead?

^^^ That's Higgins. He runs a comic shop and is on the Geekbox and doesn't play Pokemon.
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Dec 29th, 2009 @ 1:09pm

^^^ That's Liquid. He's from Wisconsin, so he loves cheese and Assassin's Creed 2.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby IRL_Troll » Dec 29th, 2009 @ 2:02pm

....^^That's mr. ex. From what I gather he's a male, and is 27. Everything else is up for speculation.
That being said, when Mr. Ex was 14, he immediately became famous for being the 1st man to cross the Potomac in winnebago, and being the 1st human being to claim to have traveled across the universe and no one call him on his bullshit. Unfortunately, he fell into obscurity from then on, and has since gone to hustling on the high streets of west Manchester England, in hopes of milking what little bit of worth his name had
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby Aeolus » Dec 30th, 2009 @ 12:39am

Master Higgins wrote:Posters, old and new, introduce yourselves here!

In what format would you like us to introduce ourselves? Shall we do it in the three interesting things about yourself format like you did at camp or in the first week of grades-chool years?
Aeolus

Postby LiQuid » Dec 30th, 2009 @ 1:10am

Aeolus wrote:

In what format would you like us to introduce ourselves? Shall we do it in the three interesting things about yourself format like you did at camp or in the first week of grades-chool years?

C.C.C.C.C.COMBO BREAKER!
LiQuid

Postby Aeolus » Dec 30th, 2009 @ 9:39pm

LiQuid wrote:
Aeolus wrote:

C.C.C.C.C.COMBO BREAKER!

Wouldn't it be "C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER"?
Aeolus

Hi everyone!

Postby ilovehorsies » Dec 31st, 2009 @ 8:34pm

I'm new to the geekbox forums. I really like games, comics, TV and movies. My favourite bands are Between the Buried and Me and Horse the Band, I love the Phoenix Wirght games, I like lots of TV shows like Venture Bros. and Buffy, and my favourite movie is Hot Rod. Also, in case you couldn't tell by the spelling of "favourite", I'm canadian.
ilovehorsies

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby karakuchi » Jan 1st, 2010 @ 6:51am

I have been listening to the Geekbox podcast since the summer, and I figure I might as well start messing around on the forums and find some people to play all these games I have been buying on Steam the past month or so. My name comes from my favorite beer, Asahi Dry, which I drank a lot of, during the 6 years I spent living in Iwakuni, JP. A hot chick that I knew told me it meant "dry lips/mouth" and I have remembered ever since.
karakuchi

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby PantslessJedi » Jan 1st, 2010 @ 7:22am

Props for the Inigo Montoya avatar. :ugeek:
PantslessJedi

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 1st, 2010 @ 9:54am

Apparently I need to learn how to merge topics correctly...
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Jan 1st, 2010 @ 1:02pm

^^^PantlessJedi has an artistic streak and was home-schooled, Aeolus recently closed his facebook account, LiQuid is a... passionate person, IRL_Troll's avatar looks like neckface, and Mr_eX hates Final Fantasy VII. Master Higgins hates his PS3, but all is forgiven since he defends Star Trek on the podcast.
kenzo

Postby Jaconius » Jan 3rd, 2010 @ 5:04pm

kenzo wrote:^^^PantlessJedi has an artistic streak and was home-schooled, Aeolus recently closed his facebook account, LiQuid is a... passionate person, IRL_Troll's avatar looks like neckface, and Mr_eX hates Final Fantasy VII. Master Higgins hates his PS3, but all is forgiven since he defends Star Trek on the podcast.

^Kenzo was born in a small village in Eastern Bulgaria known as HUNTERSLAG. His family hunted elk, baby seals and kittens to sustain the village. He is now a Sandwich Chef with a family of 12. All of them boys, somehow. I also gather he is quite punctual.
Jaconius

Postby Da Madness » Jan 10th, 2010 @ 8:38am

hi I'm new and thus don't know anything about the person above me so you'll have to forgive me for this combo breaker.

I'm 28 and live in sydney, Australia. I listen to the podcast to keep me sane on my hour commute to work although after listening to a number of casts I'm wondering why this was listed under the computer game section of Itunes.

Also did you know that http://www.thegeekbox.net features a webcam of a bunny.
Da Madness

Postby Vortex566 » Jan 13th, 2010 @ 2:45pm

I hail from England and love the podcast. I love listening to Fitch moan and hearing about how Ryan plays nothing but LoL... I hope I never meet him in game.
Vortex566

Postby IRL_Troll » Jan 13th, 2010 @ 5:15pm

I'll try for realzies this time. We'll pretend my steam handle is my real name, so call me Jack. I'm a genius deadbeat (so you can justifiably contest whether or not I am a genius), that works during the day as a teacher in a childcare service, and at night I advertise for a local bar, and do some tennis coaching on the side of those. In between all that, I game, I compute, and I do some comic book reading, all that for the day when I can open up my own comic book and/or video game store. I've been lurking/posting on the forums for a month, but I've been listening to the show since episode 1. Favourite person that's been on the show is Patrick, my favourite routine panelist is Karen
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby Raine » Jan 14th, 2010 @ 11:52am

My name is Raine and I'm a semi-white trash guy currently living in Rockingham, NC. I love my wife and child, like my friends, and hate my job.

My gaming interests are varied, I tend to swing one way or another through different console generations. 8-bit I played whatever I could get, 16 and 32 bit I mostly played RPGs, PS2 era saw me fall in love with GTA, and now that I own a PS3 I'm going back and playing all the games I missed. Through all of the generations I've always played sports games, though. Love me some NFL games.

I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and a general enjoyer of the Marvel universe as a whole, least so much as up to the mid 90s. I'll buy some DC stuff but never try to follow anything in particular. I'll read a Vertigo series here and there, and love my phone book edition of Bone.

I listen to heavy metal, country, and anything else that pleases my ears. I generally don't like any kind of hippity hoppity or "indie rock", but try to give things a fair shake.

I love movies, and have a particular weakness for horror films. I like watching shit that makes me uncomfortable or depressed.

I am generally super polite online but have gotten bored with that so I'm trying to let my natural smartassness shine.

So yep, that's me.
Raine

Postby lemon-fresh » Jan 14th, 2010 @ 12:23pm

Raine wrote:
I am generally super polite online but have gotten bored with that so I'm trying to let my natural smartassness shine.

Nice, gotta keep those wide eyed yuppies in line... :twisted:

<------ The Tyrant
lemon-fresh

Postby obtainium » Jan 14th, 2010 @ 6:04pm

Hi there, I'm a police officer from London. A pretty big geek, my intrests range from, Noir comics, to over the top Sci Fi. I have an xbox 360 and a Wii. In my opinion Zelda link to the past is the greatest game ever. Oh and every day i strive to be more like chuck bartowskii.
obtainium

Postby flufflogic » Jan 29th, 2010 @ 12:45pm

Er, yeah, hi.

I'm a Tyke (Worms fans, this will actually make sense to you) stuck in the Northern Wastes of England in an area suspiciously like a sort of UK Deliverance. I'm an obsessive techie who's constantly too skint to indulge his wants, a gamer of some 24 years (since I was 3, basically, on a crappy Amstrad CPC464) currently down to just a Xbox 360 (as this PC is in serious need of a graphics card and some RAM), and a roleplaying addict with no chance of getting a group (which is sad, as Patrick really made me want to run Wraith again). Oh, and a dad of 2, which makes movie-going difficult.

That's probably way more than you wanted to know.
flufflogic

Postby Resa F » Jan 30th, 2010 @ 2:40pm

Blimy 3 Brits in a row. Yeah, I'm about 40 miles north of london. A 16 year old communist, saxophone playing /b/tard who apart from A-level coursework & essays spends most of his time playing video games & listening to jazz fusion. Man I must sound wierd...
If you have room in your life for another podcast listen to a far worse one- 4 or so 16 year old Brits talking http://pod.bottlelife.co.uk/tgc.xml
Resa F

Postby Scurra » Feb 2nd, 2010 @ 6:42am

4 Brits, I feel a new combo coming on. I live in the South East of England, I'm 27 and a bit of a gamer, I've currently got a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii hooked up to my TV and a gaming PC. I'm currently playing Mass Effect 2 and Assassins Creed 2. I like reading, music and a variety of non-traditional sports.
Oh yeah and I too spend every day trying to be more like Chuck Bartowski.
Scurra
Scurra

Postby Ninja Magi » Feb 2nd, 2010 @ 11:25pm

Hiya, I'm a state worker from Cali. I'm super big into old school games, especially NES era stuff, and generally like all genres except sports. I have a fairly big comic collection (that I inherited from my dad), and I'm just starting out in the world of tabletop rpgs. I'm pretty net shy, but I'll try and post on a fairly regular basis somewhere on the boards, and maybe join some of you in a game sometime :P.
Ninja Magi

Postby Multra » Feb 10th, 2010 @ 10:20am

Hi, I'm Multra.
Multra

Postby Resa F » Feb 12th, 2010 @ 2:26pm

Multra wrote:Hi, I'm Multra.

Wow. You must have an interesting life
If you have room in your life for another podcast listen to a far worse one- 4 or so 16 year old Brits talking http://pod.bottlelife.co.uk/tgc.xml
Resa F

Postby LiQuid » Feb 12th, 2010 @ 2:45pm

Man, if my name was Multra, I would just go around all over the place saying "I'M ULTRA!" and I wouldn't be lying!
LiQuid

Postby Multra » Feb 12th, 2010 @ 10:56pm

Waaahh waaaah Ryan they are being mean to me!

Fine fine...

I live in Kent, WA (15 min south of Seattle). I am a Laptop Technician at a small computer shop. I play videya games, board games (euro and US), RPGS, and WarMachine. I dont really watch TV. I own 2 chinchillas and a cat.
Multra

Postby barrbarr » Feb 17th, 2010 @ 4:11pm

I live in Aberdeen, going to uni at the moment. I own a 360 and a PS3, just finished Mass Effect and am now waiting for the PS3 trio to come out (god of war 3, Final Fantasy 13, and Heavy rain). I love film and games, and have just been getting into comics (been reading The Sandman comics man that's fucked up)
barrbarr

Postby WestsideEddie » Feb 17th, 2010 @ 6:54pm

My names Wes. I'm a mailman in Arkansas. I hate Arkansas cause it sucks. I've been listening to the Eatbox errrr Geekbox since the beginning along with Rebel FM, The Gamespy Debriefing, and A Life Well Wasted. I rescently bought a new laptop and a 14 day trial of WoW and started playing. It's kinda cool think I might go ahead and by the full version and continue to play. So Master Higgins if you would like to send me some of those extra pets that they gave you doubles of let me know. Anyway the show is awesome.

wes
In a picture perfect scenery. I've become a stick figure illustration.
WestsideEddie

Postby JSpeakman » Feb 23rd, 2010 @ 11:44pm

I'm Josh. I live in Everett, WA (about 45 min from Seattle) and am attempting to enjoy my unemployment while trying to end it as soon as possible.

Started listening to GFW when Chris Hastings (notmydesk.com/hlcomic.com/www.firstpersonshouter.com) said he listened to it on his way to work. Of the GFW offshoots, Geekbox is my favorite.
It's simple: Ryan Higgins is the one who sounds the most like James Woods.
JSpeakman

Next
Forum Statistics