Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby dliu3d » Apr 23rd, 2013 @ 7:13pm

Hello. I been a member for about a year and never noticed this thread. Came here hoping to hear more Ryan Scott goodness but staying for the alltalk podcast. Sometimes I chill out on the mumble because one hour a week of alltalk podcast is just not enough.
dliu3d

Postby kenzo » Apr 23rd, 2013 @ 8:02pm

dliu3d wrote:Hello. I been a member for about a year and never noticed this thread. Came here hoping to hear more Ryan Scott goodness but staying for the alltalk podcast. Sometimes I chill out on the mumble because one hour a week of alltalk podcast is just not enough.
You are either the greatest guy ever, or are a total loon.
kenzo

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 23rd, 2013 @ 9:45pm

kenzo wrote:
dliu3d wrote:Hello. I been a member for about a year and never noticed this thread. Came here hoping to hear more Ryan Scott goodness but staying for the alltalk podcast. Sometimes I chill out on the mumble because one hour a week of alltalk podcast is just not enough.
You are either the greatest guy ever, or are a total loon.

The two need not be mutually exclusive.
Fade2Black

Postby LevelUpJordan » Jul 25th, 2013 @ 2:00pm

Hey! I'm a huge fan of the Geekbox podcasts (as well as Rebel FM and The Gamespy Debriefings [RIP]) and have no idea why I've never joined the forums, today I have amended that error! So my name is Jordan, or LevelUpJordan anywhere on the internet and I'm a 19 Year Old Economics student in London, I'm also trying to get into game development but I'll make a post about this begging for feedback and telling more about my story soon. Mainly begging for feedback though,
Nice to meet everyone!
LevelUpJordan

Postby Craiggles » Jan 10th, 2014 @ 1:41am

Hello. Forums scare me, but I have been listening to the show since episode one and figured I would check this place out. I'm Craig(gles).

Do I say "nice to meet all of you?" Have we met? What constitutes having met someone in the context of an internet forum?
Craiggles

Postby HarryBlack » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 8:30am

Hey!
So Im Harry. I live in Ireland. I seem to love all the opposite things about comics to most people which makes the industry very frustrating for me.
I love games but dont do the online stuff (I do it to be anti social)
Love genre tv shows and movies though Im a bit hyper critical.
Im a big fan of the Comic Conspiracy podcast and like the Geekbox too.
Ive always avoided fan message boards because Ive never enjoyed the atmosphere but this place seems well run so I thought Id give it a try.
HarryBlack

Postby darfox8 » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 1:51pm

Welcome. Your our second Irish, unless your a Seamus alt. You seem to share a few of Seamus' sensibilities.

This message board is a strange hostile place that is ran by no one and is governed by our own nerd shame that's constantly eating away at us and each other. I really like it and you might too, just make sure to know that nobody here is interested in making you feel bad. There's a lot of people here that like to play devil's advocate and/or like to have the last word but they do it for fun or for whatever, not because they think your a piece of shit. So stick around and have fun and don't feel bad when you make a thread and people start dismissing you for making a thread about something they think is dumb. It's going to happen, fuck 'em. But also love 'em cause they're alright.

You might want to try our mumble server, it's slightly less hostile. But since you seem to avoid online interactions that might be a no go.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 2:10pm

I do not believe he is IRISH Irish, but Fallen_Angel a.k.a. Gung Ho Afro resides on the emerald isle. Tho I guess he doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum cause we're all buttholes. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 2:30pm

LiQuid wrote:I do not believe he is IRISH Irish, but Fallen_Angel a.k.a. Gung Ho Afro resides on the emerald isle.
Ethnicity /= Race /= Nationality
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 2:53pm

So you're not an American?
LiQuid

Postby HarryBlack » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 4:04pm

Me? Nope!
Though Im told I dont look very Irish which probably just means I dont wear a flat cap and drink guinness:D
But looking at Kenzos signature that may have been meant for them...
Anyway thanks for the kind words folks! Im not overly scared of mean people :) I just prefer to talk about childish things like grown ups!
Is that too much to ask;)
HarryBlack

Postby CrossXhunteR » Apr 29th, 2014 @ 5:31pm

We use the term "grown ups" very loosely around here.
CrossXhunteR

Previous
Forum Statistics