Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby IRL_Troll » Sep 21st, 2011 @ 3:12am

ribkicker4 wrote:I still haven't downloaded it.

You're dead to me until you do
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby Rebecca » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 11:43am

Hi I'm Rebecca. I live in england but i'm not from london so please don't imagine a cockney accent. Relatively new listener, only a few months or so. I like Doctor Who, Futurama, Ass Creed and Portal. Yeah, so Hey! :D
Rebecca

Postby EllieChaos » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 3:42pm

Rebecca wrote:Hi I'm Rebecca. I live in england but i'm not from london so please don't imagine a cockney accent. Relatively new listener, only a few months or so. I like Doctor Who, Futurama, Ass Creed and Portal. Yeah, so Hey! :D

Thank the sweet baby Jesus!! another girl!!
EllieChaos

Postby IRL_Troll » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 4:37pm

Rebecca wrote:Hi I'm Rebecca. I live in england but i'm not from london so please don't imagine a cockney accent. Relatively new listener, only a few months or so. I like Doctor Who, Futurama, Ass Creed and Portal. Yeah, so Hey! :D

Just like don't think of an elephant? You brought the cockney accent I now imagine you having on yourself. If you would've said nothing, I would've imagined you speaking in the Queen's english, but now I'm stuck thinking of you in cockney accent.

Oh, and join us on TF2, there's no excuse not to
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby Rebecca » Oct 5th, 2011 @ 11:30pm

I'm from the north so it ain't the queens english either. ;) I would but you all play so late (for me it's like midnight)!
Rebecca

Postby IRL_Troll » Oct 6th, 2011 @ 3:19am

Rebecca wrote:I'm from the north so it ain't the queens english either. ;) I would but you all play so late (for me it's like midnight)!

We have a Saturday morning game night that starts at 10 CST which I think is like mid afternoon for you.
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby Konanda » Oct 6th, 2011 @ 8:48am

Rebecca wrote:I'm from the north so it ain't the queens english either. ;) I would but you all play so late (for me it's like midnight)!

Northeast England, I'm going to guess you sound like a Geordie than. :P
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 8th, 2011 @ 9:38am

Welcome, you echidna-loving Brit. :)
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby cursonarobot » Nov 14th, 2011 @ 3:55pm

So hi I'm Ethan!, I'm from Rochester NY and I have been a fan of the Debriefings and now the comedy button. I'm a big Nintendo fan (and I know that paints a target on my back), and i also like Square Enix and their games. I'm also new to forums, and I have no clue what's going on, never seen so many rectangles before!
cursonarobot

Postby EllieChaos » Nov 14th, 2011 @ 6:26pm

cursonarobot wrote:So hi I'm Ethan!, I'm from Rochester NY and I have been a fan of the Debriefings and now the comedy button. I'm a big Nintendo fan (and I know that paints a target on my back), and i also like Square Enix and their games. I'm also new to forums, and I have no clue what's going on, never seen so many rectangles before!

I have to hold my hand up to the left side of the screen so i don't have to see your avatar.... it makes me sick
EllieChaos

Postby kenzo » Nov 15th, 2011 @ 1:22am

cursonarobot wrote:So hi I'm Ethan!, I'm from Rochester NY and I have been a fan of the Debriefings and now the comedy button. I'm a big Nintendo fan (and I know that paints a target on my back), and i also like Square Enix and their games. I'm also new to forums, and I have no clue what's going on, never seen so many rectangles before!
Hey guy! Stick around, share your thoughts on subjects in other threads, have fun, and don't take it too personally when someone cranky inevitably tells you you're a horrible person for liking/disliking something they don't. That's just a silly and harmless vocal minority 'round these parts.
kenzo

Postby JillSammich » Nov 16th, 2011 @ 9:39pm

kenzo wrote:Hey guy! Stick around, share your thoughts on subjects in other threads, have fun, and don't take it too personally when someone cranky inevitably tells you you're a horrible person for liking/disliking something they don't. That's just a silly and harmless vocal minority 'round these parts.

Yeah, I haven't really posted a whole lot (too busy for forums atm), but there seems to be a lot more civility here than in other, less savory places on the interwebs. I haven't run into too many ass hats.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you"

- Richard Adams, Watership Down
JillSammich

Postby OmegaShadow64 » Nov 25th, 2011 @ 5:31pm

So, yo.. I'm Joe, known more commonly online as OmegaShadow or OmegaShadow64. When I was but an adolescent tween, I subscribed and read fanatically the Games for Windows magazine. The only thing I enjoyed more than cracking open a copy of GFW was listening to their weekly podcast. All of you know what happened afterward, so I don't really have to go into that. Suffice to say, after the ashes had settled from LAN Party ending and multiple 1UP employees being laid off, I began listening to the Geekbox immediately. When I heard that Anthony and Ryan were on the Gamespy Debriefings I started tuning into that as well. With the introduction of Bromley, Miggs, and Altano, the Debriefings became very much like the old GFW radio... a little game talk, and a slew of entertaining, hilarious off-topic ramblings. (my personal favorite being the "Crapping your Pants" bit) Alas, all good things must end, and Scott got laid off. Thankfully, the Comedy Button rose to take its place, and I am enjoying that very much.

But enough history... I have been a PC gamer for as long as I can remember, and see no reason that that will change in the future. I enjoy watching The X-Files (my favorite show ever, and I really like when they discuss it on the Geekbox, hint hint), Breaking Bad, and my favorite current show, The Walking Dead. I love pizza, tacos, and a few exotic foods (such a vegetables) that Ryan would never touch. I am a fan of metropolitan areas, and fancy moving to Chicago after I go to college. It would definitely be better than living in Wisconsin, where I am now a resident (though I can tell you now, we aren't ALL hicks. Southern Wisconsin is pretty good. North Wisconsin is a festering shithole of homophobes, concealed weapon carriers and adult-approved underage drinking). I'm really close to finishing up high school and I can't wait for the freedom and fun college is going to bring.

BRAAP! BRAAP!
OmegaShadow64

Postby Russeru » Nov 28th, 2011 @ 3:23pm

Hi everyone, my name's Russell. I'm currently a freshman going to college in Boston.
I've been listening to the Geekbox off an on for quite a while, and I think the Comedy Button is pretty great so far.
I'm into tech stuff and PC gaming mostly, and I play on the TF2 server on occasion (my steam handle is currently Kim Jong illin')
Russeru

Postby kenzo » Nov 28th, 2011 @ 3:47pm

Russeru wrote:Hi everyone, my name's Russell. I'm currently a freshman going to college in Boston.
I've been listening to the Geekbox off an on for quite a while, and I think the Comedy Button is pretty great so far.
I'm into tech stuff and PC gaming mostly, and I play on the TF2 server on occasion (my steam handle is currently Kim Jong illin')
I remember you! Hi!
kenzo

Postby IliyaMoroumetz » Dec 10th, 2011 @ 5:48pm

Greetings, Geekbox.

Been a listener since the beginning and I've finally decided to get off my high horse and interact with the community. Strange, I know.

Sometimes player with the TF2 crew, long time MSTie, and opera singer.

Nice to meet'cha.
IliyaMoroumetz

Postby kenzo » Dec 10th, 2011 @ 5:52pm

HI!
kenzo

Postby BDog » Dec 10th, 2011 @ 6:17pm

Hey its jus me.. Hey....
BDog

Postby kenzo » Dec 13th, 2011 @ 3:29pm

BDog wrote:Hey its jus me.. Hey....
Howsit goin?
kenzo

Postby Quillon » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 12:00pm

Hi, I'm Michael. I've been buying comic books from Higgins' store since 1999, and collecting comics since (ack!) 1975.

I read science fiction and comic books (Scalped was the last comic that blew my mind). I'm pretty selective about SF TV shows I watch (original Star Trek only, please; all others are pale imitations), but I loved both Babylon 5 and the new Battlestar Galactica. My music of choice is progressive rock.

I don't play many computer games (just a few on iOS, such as Ascension), but I do play Magic: The Gathering and board games. I did like the original Portal and should probably finish it someday. ;) I loved the MYST series of games.
Quillon

Postby IRL_Troll » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 12:07pm

That may make you the oldest on the website.....seeing as how you've been collecting comics since a good number of us have been alive
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby LiQuid » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 1:45pm

Quillon wrote:I loved both Babylon 5

YAY!
Quillon wrote:and the new Battlestar Galactica

BOO!!!
LiQuid

Postby Quillon » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 2:49pm

IRL_Troll wrote:That may make you the oldest on the website.....seeing as how you've been collecting comics since a good number of us have been alive

I still have my copy of the first one I ever bought! *

* - Well, actually this was just the oldest one I owned when I tried to figure out what "the first one I ever bought" was sometime in the 80s, but I'm pretty confident this is the one. I think I remember reading this one when it came out - which was one month earlier - but I might have read someone else's.

But yes, I'm an old guy. I think I hurt my back just typing that!
Quillon

Postby IRL_Troll » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 8:10am

The fuck?

Edit: With the spambot gone and its posts deleted, this post no longer makes sense. Oh well, it's here to stay
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby tardbasket » Dec 23rd, 2011 @ 10:12pm

Hi and hello podcasters. I'll Keep this short and sweet as I can.

I joined the forums because of The Comedy Button. I am going back through the history of this site and hosts and listening to Rebel FM, Geekbox, and Gamespy Debriefings as mentioned in other threads and enjoying them.

I am joining here not as a geek (even though I am) but as a podcast listener. I listen to many podcasts as my work diversion of choice. I want to support shows that I like.

I am a big supporter of the ACE network, which I assume will gather much hatred on these geek-friendly boards. I post a lot at CarollaBoards.com as the same name. Just as frame of reference I have listened to Carolla for many years every day of my life. I listen to mostly comedy shows, everything from WTF to Gelmania.

Here's a shortlist of the greatest podcasts of all time, in order [note that The Comedy Button is gaining traction on my rankings]
1. Daves of Thunder
2. Loveline After Disaster
3. Low Budget FM

As far as geek credentials go, I wont link to my Steam account as it can be traced back to my real life, but rest assured I have bought every indie bundle and have "chievs" aplenty. I also keep up with comic book storylines, though not purchasing a book for a few years now. I am a software engineer to make the bucks which gives me time to listen to so many podcasts during the day.

I hope to stick around, even though I may not venture into the Off Topic as much as I do on my mainstay board. I am enjoying the shows put out by your geekbox network so far.
tardbasket

Postby arekushia » Dec 28th, 2011 @ 7:13pm

Hi, my name is Alexia :) I am quite new to the forums but not new to the podcasts.I listen to The Geekbox and The Comedy Button religiously. A little about me, I am a lover of all things sci-fi, the fine arts, Doctor Who make me happy. Um....what else, I live in South Dakota, went to college for a BFA-Fine Arts but ended up with a finance job. (I don't know how that happened either) But anyway I just wanted to let you all know how much I love and look forward to listening to each and every episode. Doing a fantastic job!! <3 <3
arekushia

Postby kenzo » Dec 28th, 2011 @ 7:21pm

Welcome! Stick around, comment on stuff, and don't get too upset when other forum members (maybe myself included) attempt to insult your sensibilities - it's mostly all in good fun.

Also, my condolences for living in South Dakota.
kenzo

Postby arekushia » Dec 28th, 2011 @ 7:28pm

kenzo wrote:Welcome! Stick around, comment on stuff, and don't get too upset when other forum members (maybe myself included) attempt to insult your sensibilities - it's mostly all in good fun.

Also, my condolences for living in South Dakota.

Thanks, It's something I have to deal with everyday of my life.

:)
arekushia

Postby IRL_Troll » Dec 28th, 2011 @ 8:22pm

Hello and basket and that weaboo name! Welcome! Happy posting, and more importantly, play TF2 with us!
Wildcard. Bitches
IRL_Troll

Postby MegabusterLegends3 » Dec 30th, 2011 @ 10:39pm

I LOVE TF2!
Actually, I don't, but Steam is great!
....I'm still a Nintendo fanboy though, and I always will be! TAKE THAT, SUCKAHS!
Now excuse me while I bite the head off of this Luigi fruit snack.
Yoshi rules all. I will shoot all who argue otherwise.
MegabusterLegends3

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics