Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby kenzo » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 7:56pm

Actually planning for a zombie apocalypse is retarded. You might as well start digging your fallout bunker, because at least that had a shot of actually happening.

Also, is that plan for life worth living through? If actually confronted with an extinction-level event like that, I'd probably just blow my own brains out and be done with it.
kenzo

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:07pm

I'm sorry that you and I disagree on this matter. Besides, it's all harmless fun anyway. It's not turning me into some crazy wilderness survivalist.
“The one thing you must never let yourself forget: The story is always on the street.”
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby CookieK » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:12pm

i am kyle. long time listener. love batman, FPSs, xbox and pc, been playing deus exHR. i dig games. GT is vCOOKIE MONSTAv

how do i start a new thread
Cyberdyne Systems
CookieK

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:26pm

There's a "new topic" button at the top of the screen when you look at the individual indexes if that's what you mean.
“The one thing you must never let yourself forget: The story is always on the street.”
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby SerpentineZERO » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:28pm

Welcome, new guy(s)!

kenzo wrote:Actually planning for a zombie apocalypse is retarded. You might as well start digging your fallout bunker, because at least that had a shot of actually happening.

Also, is that plan for life worth living through? If actually confronted with an extinction-level event like that, I'd probably just blow my own brains out and be done with it.

why so serious, man, i think it's safe to say this guy isn't a crazy conspiracy theorist. well, at the moment anyway.
SerpentineZERO

Postby LiQuid » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:37pm

CookieK wrote:i am kyle. long time listener. love batman, FPSs, xbox and pc, been playing deus exHR. i dig games. GT is vCOOKIE MONSTAv

how do i start a new thread

Step 1. Make 10 posts in existing topics
Step 2. Start new topic
LiQuid

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:39pm

SerpentineZERO wrote:Welcome, new guy(s)!
why so serious, man, i think it's safe to say this guy isn't a crazy conspiracy theorist. well, at the moment anyway.

I was just kinda going to let it go. Never really met someone so anti-zombie apocalypse; but if that's his thing then that's his thing.
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby LiQuid » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:41pm

Lesson 1 and a good thing to get out of the way in the introduction thread is don't ever, under any circumstance pay attention to anything kenzo says.
LiQuid

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 8:50pm

Thanks LiQuid, I will definitely remember that for the future.
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby Konanda » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 9:46pm

LiQuid wrote:Lesson 1 and a good thing to get out of the way in the introduction thread is don't ever, under any circumstance pay attention to anything kenzo says.

Dr Otacon wrote:Thanks LiQuid, I will definitely remember that for the future.

A more general version of this lesson is don't take things that are said on internet message boards seriously.

Also, welcome new guy. It's somewhat funny that the little spat about zombies was with kenzo because many of your stated interest seem coincidentally quite close to some of his.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 10:00pm

Dr Otacon wrote:I'm sorry that you and I disagree on this matter. Besides, it's all harmless fun anyway. It's not turning me into some crazy wilderness survivalist.
I'm just giving silly banter, didn't mean to be confrontational. I was joking that besides that, you said a lot of stuff that I can identify with.
kenzo

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 10:11pm

You know, I think I'm really going to like it here. You guys seem pretty chill and polite. And Konanda have you forgotten: The internetz are serious business. :lol:
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby Konanda » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 10:24pm

Dr Otacon wrote:You know, I think I'm really going to like it here. You guys seem pretty chill and polite. And Konanda have you forgotten: The internetz are serious business. :lol:

Indeed, if you want to see someone taking it like that look up Raansu's posts in the Mass Effect 3 thread. Personally I've Image for the most part but it's funny to stop in every once and a while.
Konanda

Postby Dr Otacon » Mar 19th, 2012 @ 10:35pm

After some of the shitstorms I've seen erupt about ME3, I tend to ignore anything associated with it, but if it's worth a laugh I might go looking for it. I understand raging but there are sometimes I think you've just got to let it go. Anyone who treats the internet too seriously is missing the point, I just try to be polite when I can in the interest of not starting flame wars.
Spider Jerusalem
Dr Otacon

Postby SuperYuriGagarin » Jun 26th, 2012 @ 11:37am

Used to listen to the GFW Radio on the odd occasion, and the Debriefings. Decided to actually visit this barren land called the Geekbox when Comedy Button launched and found 3 other podcasts I now listen to weekly.

Might as well post right?
SuperYuriGagarin

Postby kenzo » Jun 27th, 2012 @ 2:18am

SuperYuriGagarin wrote:Used to listen to the GFW Radio on the odd occasion, and the Debriefings. Decided to actually visit this barren land called the Geekbox when Comedy Button launched and found 3 other podcasts I now listen to weekly.

Might as well post right?
Welcome! Nice Kai Shiden avatar, btw.
kenzo

Postby CyniKill » Aug 3rd, 2012 @ 6:58pm

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new fan of The Geekbox (I started at around episode 156) and, despite Ryan talking about the forums in every episode, I never decided to check them out. I happened upon it randomly today, and decided to register!

I'm a huge gamer, of course, playing most of my games on the 360 and PC. I also enjoy watching series, movies, anime and all that other geeky stuff. I even play a couple of instruments. A couple meaning bass guitar, classical acoustic guitar and piano. I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. Doubt there're any other South Africans around here, so I guess I'm unique here? :D

Anyway, glad to be here, hope to discuss shit with you guys and whatever else people tend to do on forums.
CyniKill

Postby Konanda » Aug 3rd, 2012 @ 9:38pm

CyniKill wrote:Hey guys, I'm a relatively new fan of The Geekbox (I started at around episode 156) and, despite Ryan talking about the forums in every episode, I never decided to check them out. I happened upon it randomly today, and decided to register!

I'm a huge gamer, of course, playing most of my games on the 360 and PC. I also enjoy watching series, movies, anime and all that other geeky stuff. I even play a couple of instruments. A couple meaning bass guitar, classical acoustic guitar and piano. I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. Doubt there're any other South Africans around here, so I guess I'm unique here? :D

Welcome! I believe there was one other user from South Africa in their location field but that was a year or two ago.

CyniKill wrote:Anyway, glad to be here, hope to discuss shit with you guys and whatever else people tend to do on forums.

Argue and tease each other because we are bored.
Konanda

Postby Aka Okami » Aug 7th, 2012 @ 11:21am

Hello I'm in band, and like to swing dance. I know not much of comics and would look forward to learning more.
I *prefer* the term treasure hunting!
Aka Okami

Postby Konanda » Aug 7th, 2012 @ 6:34pm

Aka Okami wrote:Hello I'm in band, and like to swing dance. I know not much of comics and would look forward to learning more.

What kind of band?
Konanda

Postby aPickledGinger » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:21pm

Hello there,
new to the forums. My name is Josh, I am from the Bay Area. You may have heard my (non)dulcet tones on episode 181 of the geekbox which I was allowed to cohost due to excessive stalking.
Other than that, I am a ginger based life form who enjoys general nerd interests, currently including warhammer fantasy and renaissance faire reenacting.
I suppose that is it for now.
Josh
@aPickledGinger
aPickledGinger

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:28pm

"aPickledGinger"

???
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:30pm

I always chuck my gari when I order sushi. Does that make me a bad person?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:38pm

No, it's an acquired taste. That said, if you're eating with me and still chuck your gari, then that makes you a bad person because I would have gladly eaten it for you.
kenzo

Postby aPickledGinger » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:46pm

kenzo wrote:"aPickledGinger"

???

Pickled of the intoxicated variety.

More like this:

Josh
@aPickledGinger
aPickledGinger

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 2:51pm

It's not that it's an acquired taste, it's that it's completely unnecessary. I assume the chance of getting gut rot from bad fish is highly diminished when eating at a white-washed, American sushi joint, so I don't see the point in interrupting my delicious sushifest with bitter muck.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 4:01pm

LiQuid wrote:It's not that it's an acquired taste, it's that it's completely unnecessary. I assume the chance of getting gut rot from bad fish is highly diminished when eating at a white-washed, American sushi joint, so I don't see the point in interrupting my delicious sushifest with bitter muck.
The whole point of gari is that it does interrupt the tastes in your mouth - it's a palate cleanser. That way if you say, eat a bunch of chunks of tuna, you can cleanse that taste from your mouth when you move onto the salmon so that all you taste is delicious salmon and not have any lingering tuna-tastes in your mouth.

I love just about anything that gets pickled (at least, when it comes to vegetables) so I find it delicious. But if you don't like it, I wouldn't blame anyone from not using it, especially when you can just down a thing of tea or water or rice to palate cleanse relatively effectively.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 4:07pm

What if one likes the taste of tuna and salmon at the same time?
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Aug 16th, 2012 @ 4:34pm

Not a problem? Taste is taste. White-people sushi has all kinds of confusing mixes of flavors so it's not really a big deal I don't think for most people. But traditionally, you're supposed to appreciate flavors independently.
kenzo

Postby EclecticGeek » Sep 10th, 2012 @ 4:29am

Hey guys. Long time listener who's been meaning to come here and join up for a while now. Well GW2 made me finally do it - although being in Australia I hope the guild isn't all USA based, you people sleep at the most inconvenient times for my gaming!

Into the usual nerdery, books, gaming, movies/TV, etc. Used to roleplay a long time ago (when I was a young buck), now just starting to re-live that kind of thing through my son.
EclecticGeek

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics