Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby Bobloblaw » May 24th, 2010 @ 2:44pm

Grimlock wrote:I've been listening since the start and just now got my lazy self to join the forums. I enjoy a lot of the TV shows talked about on the podcast and on the forums. I also like non-HD gaming, so no Xbox 360, PS3 or early model 1 Genesis for me. Well, I would like HD gaming, but I just don't have a HDTV or a HD console. And I only own one comic book and I got it only because it's based off of lyrics from a band I like.

Oh, I also love every non-Joel Shoemaker Batman thing. Even if I haven't, sadly, touched a Batman comic book.

And I like Transformers.

No love for the Go-Bots?

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1808795
Bobloblaw

Postby Grimlock » May 24th, 2010 @ 4:00pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
No love for the Go-Bots?

Oooh yeah, I really loved the Go-Bots personality. Especially the female Go-Bot(s).

Grimlock

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2010 @ 4:10pm

Grimlock wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:
No love for the Go-Bots?

Oooh yeah, I really loved the Go-Bots personality. Especially the female Go-Bot(s).

Oh yeah, S & M fembots ftw!!!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2010 @ 4:10pm

Hi Grimlock. Glad the Lost finale brought at least one new poster that isn't a waste of bandwidth! And a Wisconsonite to boot!

LiQuid

Postby Grimlock » May 24th, 2010 @ 4:35pm

LiQuid wrote:Hi Grimlock. Glad the Lost finale brought at least one new poster that isn't a waste of bandwidth! And a Wisconsonite to boot!

Thanks. I try to not be a douche.

And I hope you are enjoying the heat. It looks like Madison is going to set some records this week.
Grimlock

Postby jinpei05 » May 24th, 2010 @ 4:53pm

Hey, Grimlock, you get points with me just for reminding me of S&M fembots. Welcome to the forums!!!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » May 24th, 2010 @ 5:10pm

Grimlock wrote:And I hope you are enjoying the heat. It looks like Madison is going to set some records this week.

Not really. As a proponent of windows down/music blasting as opposed to up with the AC on, when it gets this hot it's usually no biggie but for the fucking humidity. Totally brutal.
LiQuid

Postby Grimlock » May 24th, 2010 @ 5:27pm

jinpei05 wrote:Hey, Grimlock, you get points with me just for reminding me of S&M fembots. Welcome to the forums!!!

Glad I could scratch someone's itch. Things do tend to be better with S&M. Like, fembots, villians in 2D beat 'em ups and.... I guess just those 2.
Grimlock

Postby mltvcocktail » May 26th, 2010 @ 6:10pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm Zach and I've been listening since Ep. 1 and finally decided to join the forums. I'm a big movie nerd, specifically action, 80's and awesomely bad movies. Also watch a ton of TV and I play video games, so you know, all the bases are covered. One of my other hobbies is running a blog/podcast called Everything Action, which has news, reviews and some fun features.
Check out my movie website/podcast at: http://www.everythingaction.com and also check out my blog for random internet nerdery at: http://mltvcocktail.tumblr.com/

Follow me on Twitter: @mltvcocktail

PSN name: Mltvcocktail
mltvcocktail

Postby PantslessJedi » May 26th, 2010 @ 7:04pm

If you like movies, you should join in on our Geekbox Movie Club!
PantslessJedi

Postby Magus » May 28th, 2010 @ 2:19pm

WARNING: EPIC LENGTH INTRO POST APPROACHING!!!

Hey Geekboxers, just wanted to get something out of the way first. Master Higgins helped me realise that the first thing I should do before joining a forum is pre-emptively tell you all that No, you're Hitler!

Ok, well now that that's out of the way, time to inform you all of my geek hobbies (and Nintendo Dreams). I'm a UK based geek, so I'm a die hard fan of Doctor Who and want to mug Ryan for his coat (beware Ryan). I also recommend the original Life on Mars and its follow up Ashes to Ashes. I watch a fair bit of US tv as well, Burn Notice is compulsory for a die hard Geekbox fan and of course Lost (I'll admit, the finale moved me to tears on a few occasions). Otherwise I'm an huge fan of Chuck, and follow House and Castle (I only watch this for Nathan Fillion even though its a bit crap).

In terms of comics I'm always on the lookouts for classics I might have missed, I just recently caught up on Planetary, Preacher and The Losers. Feel free to recommend any other great finished or ongoing series. The only Marvel books I still follow regularly are Nova (way more awesome than Speedball Master Higgins) and X-Factor. DC has got me just down to Green Lantern and Fables, though I may try the new Flash.

Not much else to say, I'm a student studying in Essex (which means I come into contact with the Essex Girls that so terrified Fitch on a daily basis). I like just about any music as long as its good, and recently got an Android phone so if anyone can recommend some apps I'd appreciate it.

Lastly, fuck all the Chu/Joint haters. Both are awesome (unless Karen's having a pop at Doctor Who, in which case she's got no idea what she's on about).

Well, that's what I'm about... So Yah.

Edit: Forgot to add, Damn You Mark Millar, Damn You to Hell!
Last edited by Magus on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magus

Postby jinpei05 » May 28th, 2010 @ 2:42pm

Not exactly new to the forums, but I figured this would be a good way to wipe the slate clean and start fresh:

Hi, everyone. My name is Davin Loh, from Chicago, IL. Like many of you here, I'm a roll-over listener from GFW Radio and LAN Party, and was lucky enough to actually BE on the Geekbox way back on Episode #7 (thanks again, Ryan!)

I may come off as a ragenaut sometimes on the threads, but I'm a pretty laid back guy in real life. A bit ethnocentric, but all around, a nice guy.

And so damn charming! :P

I love console gaming, comic books, action figures, animation, movies, and anything else geeky you can think of.

Ok, that's my bit. Thanks for reading!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » May 31st, 2010 @ 11:03am

Could have sworn you were also a professional banana rider.

:lol:
lemon-fresh

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 1st, 2010 @ 5:35pm

lemon-fresh wrote:Could have sworn you were also a professional banana rider.

:lol:

I retired professionally a few months back, but I have been known to get back in the saddle from time to time.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Yay_Rob » Jun 7th, 2010 @ 3:42pm

Hi,

I'm Rob and i'm a geekaholic.

Long time listener and first time poster. I'm From the UK and i'm the Rob that posted the Gabrielle Anwar scale on wackypedia. Thought it was about time I actually signed up for the forums so here I am.

I skipped my usual forum name and selected Yay_Rob after my original email to the crew about my wiki-deeds. After hearing Karen shout "Yay Rob" on the podcast I couldn't really have chosen anything else.

Oh, and if you wanted to know, right now it's raining in Blighty.

:D
Yay_Rob

Postby LawrenceHill » Jun 15th, 2010 @ 1:11am

Hallo! I'm from Northern Ireland and stumbled upon the iTunes link for the podcast on the Area 5 site. I walk 10K every day and needed some new stuff for my iPod. I began by listening to episode one. I made it to episode 9 before skipping to 2010, having seen the last episode; the Lost chatter was driving me crazy :D
Last edited by LawrenceHill on Jun 15th, 2010 @ 5:56am, edited 1 time in total.
LawrenceHill

Postby PantslessJedi » Jun 15th, 2010 @ 4:40am

Welcome to our little corner of geekitude
PantslessJedi

Postby LawrenceHill » Jun 15th, 2010 @ 5:55am

Seems like a nice spot, so far. Right now, it's Jan 2010. I'll eat throiugh these in no time and catch up.
LawrenceHill

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 15th, 2010 @ 7:28pm

LawrenceHill wrote:Hallo! I'm from Northern Ireland and stumbled upon the iTunes link for the podcast on the Area 5 site. I walk 10K every day and needed some new stuff for my iPod. I began by listening to episode one. I made it to episode 9 before skipping to 2010, having seen the last episode; the Lost chatter was driving me crazy :D

I bet the Lost talk from the old episodes is really bad because they were wrong about everything.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Cogito » Jul 10th, 2010 @ 9:24pm

Hello Geekbox,

I'm Will, I became a Geekbox listener after having listened to CGW/GFW podcast a.k.a.
97.5, The Brodeo, and transitioned to this (as well as Rebel FM) after the podcast ended. Since then I have listened religiously to every episode onward.

I like comics, my favorite hero being Deadpool. I enjoy all most any genre of video games except for real-time strategy games. Tarantino is my favorite director. I also enjoy anime, table-top gaming, reading, and any form of creative writing.
Cogito

Postby GordonGartrell » Jul 10th, 2010 @ 9:41pm

Hey. Been listening since the first episode. I like to fly kites, climb trees, skip rocks and consume media.
GordonGartrell

Postby Master Higgins » Jul 11th, 2010 @ 12:34am

Cogito wrote:Hello Geekbox,

I'm Will, I became a Geekbox listener after having listened to CGW/GFW podcast a.k.a.
97.5, The Brodeo, and transitioned to this (as well as Rebel FM) after the podcast ended. Since then I have listened religiously to every episode onward.

I like comics, my favorite hero being Deadpool. I enjoy all most any genre of video games except for real-time strategy games. Tarantino is my favorite director. I also enjoy anime, table-top gaming, reading, and any form of creative writing.

You win for having a Gurren Lagann avatar.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Cogito » Jul 11th, 2010 @ 6:16am

Master Higgins wrote:
Cogito wrote:Hello Geekbox,

You win for having a Gurren Lagann avatar.

Every time you mentioned it on the podcast, I wanted to send a message to the podcast about it.

It's in my top three favorite anime, including Fooly Cooly, and Baccano, which if you haven't checked out either, you should do, Fooly Cooly is made by the same studio, and Baccano is an eclectic story about immortal mobsters in the 1920's, it has an ensemble cast and most of the characters are likable in their own way.

The story is fairly light hearted, with a few darker points in it but doesn't veer too far in either spectrum, and while not necessarily mind-bendingly unexpected, is pretty original and does take a few twists. The scenes in it are shown Pulp Fiction style, so basically out of order chronologically, but with time tags before each scene (i.e. 1920, 1915) and by the end, it's easy to piece together the story and background of most the characters. Unless the out of order style is a major turn off, I would highly recommend it.

It requires a much lighter time investment, compared to other series, being 16 episodes, and the american voice-dubbed version is available for free on Hulu.
Oops, didn't realize how long this was until the end.
Cogito

Postby StasisDreams » Jul 11th, 2010 @ 5:48pm

Greetings, just joined the forums. Love the geekbox and all the arbitrary hate that it stands for!
I love Table-top RPGs, hard-core asshole cRPGs (Arcanum style), unnecessarily violent movies (Inglorious Basterds ftw), and wacky cartoons about film critics and nuclear power plant safety inspectors (Homer Simpson sir, from sector 17)

-JB
Carpe Canem
StasisDreams

Postby fourty9er » Jul 13th, 2010 @ 5:09pm

Hi all,
I hail from Des Moines, Iowa. I love the podcast and have been listening since day one. Keep up the good work guys. Guy Gardner rules! :lol:
fourty9er

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 13th, 2010 @ 5:26pm

fourty9er wrote:Hi all,
I hail from Des Moines, Iowa. I love the podcast and have been listening since day one. Keep up the good work guys. Guy Gardner rules! :lol:

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby dancrane212 » Jul 16th, 2010 @ 5:09pm

Hello,

I've been a listener to the anomalous voice of Ryan Scott since the twilight episodes of GFW live.

And thats all you're going to get. Sure I could talk about how the Geekbox is an enjoyable podcast (that would be too much flattery for my tastes) or how I own one of every system but don't play many games thanks to work (way too personal)

So what you see is what you get, unless it is mine which it probably is.
dancrane212

Postby dabeast0976 » Jul 16th, 2010 @ 5:28pm

dancrane212 wrote:Hello,

I've been a listener to the anomalous voice of Ryan Scott since the twilight episodes of GFW live.

And thats all you're going to get. Sure I could talk about how the Geekbox is an enjoyable podcast (that would be too much flattery for my tastes) or how I own one of every system but don't play many games thanks to work (way too personal)

So what you see is what you get, unless it is mine which it probably is.

So you have nothing? Welcome anyways. That goes to all the new guys.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby JustinThomM » Jul 19th, 2010 @ 12:08pm

Hello,

I am a LONG time listener and decided that I wanted to be more a part of the online geekbox community. I have and xbox 360, and a ps3. I play a variety of games on my late to the party list at the moment is Dark Siders and I am enjoying it a lot actually. Now that gaming is out of the way my favourite show is Doctor Who, I do like Matt Smith not that anyone actually cares but I think he is very interesting. Yes I have watched every single David Tennant episode and still enjoy Smith. I do love Fringe quite a bit as well.

That is just a little bit about me.
JustinThomM

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 20th, 2010 @ 11:08am

Darksiders is awesome
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics