Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby Pittsburgh Phil » Feb 24th, 2010 @ 10:57pm

Hello, I am a student from Pittsburgh. I followed Ryan and The crew from their days at 1up.
"It started as a twisted dream, and ended with the world in heat..." The Misfits 1978
Pittsburgh Phil

Postby IMLabman » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 7:57pm

There's already a Canadian here?? Dammit, I thought my nationality would make me special! *SIGH* :?

Who am I? Well, I'm just your average cigar smoking, scotch guzzling, MacBook using, hockey loving, geek from northern Canada. Oh yeah...I also have an Xbox 360, so if anybody wants to hit me up there, my username is also my gamertag.
IMLabman

Postby Konanda » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 9:39pm

IMLabman wrote:There's already a Canadian here?? Dammit, I thought my nationality would make me special! *SIGH* :?

Who am I? Well, I'm just your average cigar smoking, scotch guzzling, MacBook using, hockey loving, geek from northern Canada. Oh yeah...I also have an Xbox 360, so if anybody wants to hit me up there, my username is also my gamertag.

There is quite a few Canadians on here although I don't think any of us are from Labrador and Newfoundland so I think you probably have that for uniqueness.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby IMLabman » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 10:08pm

Konanda wrote:There is quite a few Canadians on here although I don't think any of us are from Labrador and Newfoundland so I think you probably have that for uniqueness.

Sweetness! 8-)
IMLabman

Postby Tzmhero » Mar 9th, 2010 @ 9:39pm

I'mma anew to these parts, so i figure I might as well make a post in this here thread.

My name's Tzmhero. Thats not my real name, oh no...my real name is LOOK BEHIND YOU! Naw, thats not my name, that was a distraction. My real name is SERIOUSLY HE HAS A CHAINSAW! Okay okay, I'm done. I'm Nick. Nice to meetcha all.

I enjoy gaming, although I never have the money for any of these...fancy new games the kids have now adays, but PS2 games are nice and such. I also enjoy doing voice acting, which I do with some friends on youtube.

Well, I hope y'all don't think I'm too odd and I SERIOUSLY HE'S ABOUT TO STAB YOU!

arrrgghhhhhhhhh
Tzmhero

Postby IMLabman » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 9:10am

FRESH MEAT! :twisted:

J/K welcome to the group. :)
IMLabman

Postby Jeku » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 2:40pm

Hey all, don't know if I introduced myself before. I've been following Ryan's podcasts since GFW Radio, and had the pleasure of meeting him and Karen at PAX last year.

My name's Jake (or, Jeku), and I'm a senior developer who likes to write music and make video games in my spare time! I live in Burnaby, British Columbia which is a suburb of Vancouver. I have a console collection at home and have a fondness for retro and arcade games. This year I plan to build a MAME cabinet with my old laptop.

I just realized I need to visit these forums more often :)
Jeku
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 2:49pm

Jeku wrote:Hey all, don't know if I introduced myself before. I've been following Ryan's podcasts since GFW Radio, and had the pleasure of meeting him and Karen at PAX last year.

My name's Jake (or, Jeku), and I'm a senior developer who likes to write music and make video games in my spare time! I live in Burnaby, British Columbia which is a suburb of Vancouver. I have a console collection at home and have a fondness for retro and arcade games. This year I plan to build a MAME cabinet with my old laptop.

My name is Jake, if we ever meet we'll have to fight. Like the fight scene in They Live.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby IMLabman » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 7:38pm

Welcome Jeku...although, you were probably here before me! Soooo...yeaaaaaah. :D
IMLabman

Postby LiQuid » Mar 10th, 2010 @ 10:39pm

Jeku wrote the geekbox podcast intro theme. He is legend around here, introduction or not.
LiQuid

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 11th, 2010 @ 9:16am

Jeku wrote:Hey all, don't know if I introduced myself before. I've been following Ryan's podcasts since GFW Radio, and had the pleasure of meeting him and Karen at PAX last year.

any openings? Or is there a hiring freeze?
lemon-fresh

Postby jobifresh86 » Mar 12th, 2010 @ 7:23am

Hi,
I'm Joe from Baltimore, MD and I'm one of the few people here who doesn't love to eat Blue crabs. I've been listening to the Geekbox since episode 1 and it helps me get through my job at night.
I like to put star wars/star trek models together in my spare time, as well as play 360.
jobifresh86

Postby IMLabman » Mar 12th, 2010 @ 9:21am

jobifresh86 wrote:Hi,
I'm Joe from Baltimore, MD and I'm one of the few people here who doesn't love to eat Blue crabs. I've been listening to the Geekbox since episode 1 and it helps me get through my job at night.
I like to put star wars/star trek models together in my spare time, as well as play 360.

Hello Joe...Lisa needs new braces...hello Joe...Lisa needs new braces...hello Joe...

Seriously, welcome to the GBF! :)
IMLabman

Postby sinicide » Mar 16th, 2010 @ 10:14am

Oh man.. I feel I should have joined this place a long time ago

I am Sinny by the way
sinicide

Postby Jeku » Mar 18th, 2010 @ 10:29am

If you're a senior web developer, let me know :-)
Jeku
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 18th, 2010 @ 10:49am

Jeku wrote:

If you're a senior web developer, let me know :-)

negative, computer graphics programmer. :cry:

thx for the heads up tho!
lemon-fresh

Postby G-Nitro » Mar 21st, 2010 @ 12:18pm

jobifresh86 wrote:Hi,
I'm Joe from Baltimore, MD and I'm one of the few people here who doesn't love to eat Blue crabs.

Columbia, MD here and I hate Blue Crabs too. Crab Cakes are cool, but hell if I am eating them out of the shell! :shock:
G-Nitro

Postby Rexneron » Mar 24th, 2010 @ 4:46pm

Howdy,

In the daytime I'm a Business Intelligence Consultant for a mid-sized company working out of a satellite office in San Diego, CA (though I grew up in NYC). Most of my time is spent writing PERL/Unix Shell scripts for data extraction from data warehouses, writing in a proprietary language to massage that data into models and creating reports. Customers include mostly wineries and liquor companies.

In my free-time I'm either gaming, reading, or working on music. I've DJ'ed for about 5 years in the Goth/Industrial clubs in NYC, opening for Terrorfakt, Life Cried, Bella Morte, and others. Personally I'm more of a fan of ambient/experimental music, post-rock, and IDM. I produce radio shows, podcasts, and sound clips for various websites such as Connexion Bizarre.

Been a listener of the Geekbox since it's formation and a fan of Ryan Scott since the CGW days. Had the honor to play a few LoL matches with Sir Scott with some of the Gamers With Jobs folks, another board where I've been active for a few years. Other games I'm currently playing are Dawn of War 2 (almost daily), Europa Universalis III (when in the mood for something slow), On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (catching up on my pile), EVE Online (mostly to chat with friends) and ARMA II (when I want to shoot things).
Rexneron

Postby obscurement » Mar 28th, 2010 @ 9:29pm

I'm from NY and no, I'm not from the city.

Just got back from one of the best weekends of my life at PAX East Coast. I got to meet Ryan at the IGN/Rebel FM/Whatever they're calling it Meet-up. He talked me into checking this place out. Nice digs you got here.

I'm on the road a lot so it'll be nice to have the Geekbox archive to listen to.
obscurement

Postby oldmancomplaints » Mar 31st, 2010 @ 8:43am

Hey geeks. Just thought I'd say hi. I'm a 31 year old overnight baker working with one other person who I have zero interests in common with. I spend hours listening to podcasts while making bread, muffins, cookies, pastries, etc. You guys are far and away my favorite, cuz it feels like you're just a handful of pals sitting around a table talking shit, eating desserts, and being yourselves. I love the podcast, especially the Lost discussions, and the gaming arguments where you guys disagree about what fascinates you about the gameplay/story/style...just too funny hearing you all go off...

To be honest, half of the stuff you guys geek out on are games and comics I can care less about or haven't been exposed to, though I find myself satisfyingly entertained regardless. I'm going backwards to each and every old podcasts, filled with conversations that are still hold up after being outdated. I'm worried about running out, and I've got about 25 more to go. My shifts are 8 hours, so technically I got less than a week. This is the mark of a good podcast. I wish you guys made money on it, so you can spend more time talking, like 2 hour shows, or 5 days a week like a part time job. That would rock.

Keep up the great work folks, and please keep Patrick off the fucking air, he needs a job as a opinionated DJ for a morning show, where he can make a living complaining about zoning ordinances and controversies surrounding the challenging of laws that favor ladies nights at bars.
“Gaming corrupts our disposition and teaches us a habit of hostility against all mankind” - Thomas Jefferson said that shit WTF?
oldmancomplaints

Postby Bernasty » Apr 9th, 2010 @ 8:54pm

Hi.
My name is Ryan.
I rep the only Chapter 11 Bay Area city.
Bye.
Bernasty

Postby kenzo » Apr 10th, 2010 @ 3:19am

Bernasty wrote:Hi.
My name is Ryan.
Bye.

Valley-ho!
kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 10th, 2010 @ 9:57am

Bernasty wrote:Hi.
My name is Ryan.
Bye.

I'm sorry, we're over our quota for Ryan's on this forum. Reroll as Jack, please.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Splutterbug » Apr 12th, 2010 @ 6:32am

Hi my name's Taro

Yes it's my real name, and no I haven't read that strange comic from a couple of podcasts ago :-) I'm from London I'm 34 and work in TV. I've loved games and comics for as long as I can remember. Love the podcast, keep up the good work.
Splutterbug

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Apr 12th, 2010 @ 6:51pm

Splutterbug wrote:Hi my name's Taro

Yes it's my real name, and no I haven't read that strange comic from a couple of podcasts ago :-) I'm from London I'm 34 and work in TV. I've loved games and comics for as long as I can remember. Love the podcast, keep up the good work.

The comic is Tarot so you're safe :p

Welcome to the forums.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 12th, 2010 @ 7:18pm

Splutterbug wrote:Hi my name's Taro

Do you by any chance work on the show Doctor Who?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Apr 13th, 2010 @ 12:38am

And if so could you inform Karen Gillan that I would consume any number of awful things from her ass crack? TYVM!
LiQuid

Postby farqall2 » Apr 13th, 2010 @ 2:28am

Long time, first time!
Love the Geekbox.
farqall2

Postby dabeast0976 » Apr 13th, 2010 @ 6:55am

obscurement wrote:I'm from NY and no, I'm not from the city.

So you're from Jersey?
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby bayfield » Apr 13th, 2010 @ 2:39pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
obscurement wrote:I'm from NY and no, I'm not from the city.

So you're from Jersey?

:lol:
"It's a rockstar vatican assassin torpedo of truth sent by a warlock" - KindGalaxy
bayfield

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics