Page 3 of 38

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 13th, 2010 @ 11:30pm
by Splutterbug
Mr_eX wrote:
Splutterbug wrote:Hi my name's Taro

Yes it's my real name, and no I haven't read that strange comic from a couple of podcasts ago :-) I'm from London I'm 34 and work in TV. I've loved games and comics for as long as I can remember. Love the podcast, keep up the good work.


Do you by any chance work on the show Doctor Who?


Afraid not, though I have made adverts for it, I'm a promo producer

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 19th, 2010 @ 8:34pm
by chrisat928
Hi.

Name's Chris. 27 years old.

I've been listening to The Geekbox since the begining, and never really bothered with the forums, since I'm an active member of 3 others, modding one of them.

I own virtually every system released since 1985, still missing a SEGA Genesis 3. Recently found a Virtual Boy and 7 games. $7, so I said what the hell.

I don't use Xbox Live, so no gamertag.
My PSN is chrisproto.
I could care less about my friendcodes for Wii. Worst online set-up ever.

My 360 is mainly used for exclusives, as I rally can't stand the controller for any significant length of time. The area between my index finger and thumb cramps up.

Mainly a PS3 gamer, which I know isn't a very popular choice.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 3:19am
by LiQuid
chrisat928 wrote:I don't use Xbox Live, so no gamertag.
My PSN is chrisproto.

My 360 is mainly used for exclusives, as I rally can't stand the controller for any significant length of time. The area between my index finger and thumb cramps up.

Mainly a PS3 gamer, which I know isn't a very popular choice.

All of these things are wrong.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:23am
by cool_wizard
Hi, I'm a 22 y.o. guy. From the US, now living in Sweden, student at the University of Stockholm (advertising and PR), and also the video-games editor for Vice magazine (scandinavia). I'm kind of new to the whole game-reviewing business, so it is really nice to hear people that do it (very) professionally talk about it. It gives me a little insight to the subject and what not. Problem is that since our magazine comes out like once a month, and deadlines are usually a month prior, our reviews are always pretty late, so it's hard trying to tailor the reviews because all the hardcore gamers have already read about the game so you have to get in to it at a different angle. Bleh.

Anyways, the podcast is super fun, I've been listening since maybe.. .october 2009?. I don't really watch tv though, so I dont get the lost-talk but it is still kinda funny. Anyways. I'm a ps3 dude like the man above me, (gamertag is darkest_wizard). I have and xbox but I also only really play it for exclusives. Hah.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:39am
by LiQuid
Say something in Swedish!

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 6:41am
by Bobloblaw
Do they have swedish fish in Sweden? Do they just call them fish?

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:14am
by IMLabman
Bobloblaw wrote:Do they have swedish fish in Sweden? Do they just call them fish?


Oh man...what I'd give for a bag ass bag of Swedish fish right now!!

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:27am
by BEARinaMANSUIT
Last movie night I had we went old school with the candies and got a bunch of Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, and Jordan Almonds.

By old school I mean candies we loved when we were little kids but stopped eating.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 7:36am
by IMLabman
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:Last movie night I had we went old school with the candies and got a bunch of Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, and Jordan Almonds.

By old school I mean candies we loved when we were little kids but stopped eating.


I used to love those old marshmallowy banana candies when I was a kid. All my friends hated them, but I bought the shit outta those! :D

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 8:18am
by LiQuid
Oh man, you know what I used to love? Those butter taffies you'd get at Halloween, wrapped in orange and black! My brother used to hate them though, so every year I'd get a double stash! Yum! I don't spend enough time at the candy isle when I go shopping. Every now and then I'll swing by and see if there's anything on sale, but I'm usually too broke for luxuries.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 8:37am
by Bobloblaw
Hit up the day after sales, especially the day after Halloween. Assorted snack size selections priced at 50-75% off.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 9:04am
by IMLabman
LiQuid wrote:Oh man, you know what I used to love? Those butter taffies you'd get at Halloween, wrapped in orange and black! My brother used to hate them though, so every year I'd get a double stash! Yum! I don't spend enough time at the candy isle when I go shopping. Every now and then I'll swing by and see if there's anything on sale, but I'm usually too broke for luxuries.


Are you talking about those Kerr's molasses candies? Those were damned good! Man, I'm hungry.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 9:27am
by LiQuid
IMLabman wrote:Are you talking about those Kerr's molasses candies? Those were damned good! Man, I'm hungry.

From a quick GIS, I don't think so. I'm talking about these:

Image

White toffee with a little globule of peanut butter folded in.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 9:32am
by BEARinaMANSUIT
LiQuid wrote:
IMLabman wrote:Are you talking about those Kerr's molasses candies? Those were damned good! Man, I'm hungry.

From a quick GIS, I don't think so. I'm talking about these:

Image

White toffee with a little globule of peanut butter folded in.


I remember those, amazing. They don't give out enough weird unmarked candies anymore.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:28am
by Bobloblaw
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I remember those, amazing. They don't give out enough weird unmarked candies anymore.


I had my fill of weird unmarked candy from my grandparent's house. I don't know what it is with them and hard candy but they were always fully stocked.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:54am
by IMLabman
LiQuid wrote:
IMLabman wrote:Are you talking about those Kerr's molasses candies? Those were damned good! Man, I'm hungry.

From a quick GIS, I don't think so. I'm talking about these:

Image

White toffee with a little globule of peanut butter folded in.


Ah okay, I don't think we have those particular ones here in Newfoundland and Labrador...but we do have candies called Purity Kisses which are exactly what you described. They are gooood!

BTW, for all the new guys...welcome to the Candybox Forums. This place is SWEET! ;)

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:56am
by Mr_eX
What's with all the people registering on the forums, introducing themselves and then not posting anything else?

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 11:57am
by Bobloblaw
Mr_eX wrote:What's with all the people registering on the forums, introducing themselves and then not posting anything else?


They are probably scared of strangers with candy.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 12:04pm
by Mr_eX
How bad could the strangers really be if they're giving out free candy?

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 12:13pm
by LiQuid
Image

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 12:48pm
by Bobloblaw
Dammit. I was looking for that pic.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 1:28pm
by BEARinaMANSUIT
Bobloblaw wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:What's with all the people registering on the forums, introducing themselves and then not posting anything else?


They are probably scared of strangers with candy.


Image

I'd be scared too.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 1:58pm
by Bobloblaw
Image

scary.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 20th, 2010 @ 2:05pm
by kenzo
LiQuid wrote:
chrisat928 wrote:I don't use Xbox Live, so no gamertag.
My PSN is chrisproto.

My 360 is mainly used for exclusives, as I rally can't stand the controller for any significant length of time. The area between my index finger and thumb cramps up.

Mainly a PS3 gamer, which I know isn't a very popular choice.

All of these things are wrong.

All those things are oh so right.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 21st, 2010 @ 2:07am
by cool_wizard
Bobloblaw wrote:Do they have swedish fish in Sweden? Do they just call them fish?


Okay, here's the deal with swedish fish candy in Sweden. There are no regular red swedish fish candy. BUT there are candies really similar to swedish fish in a mixed gummy-candy bag called "Gott & Blandat" (Tasty Mix). The thing is though, the fish are usually salt-licorice. There are also like.. orange and green fish in the tasty mix, but no red ones.

You can also buy fish-shaped gummy-candy in bulk. Buying candy in bulk is really popular in sweden. Each saturday kids usually go to the store to get there "Lördags Godis" (saturday candy) and make themselves a mixed bag of cool candies like: red/black Skulls, sour blueberries, chalk peices, racecars, sugarcubes, mini-snicker, candy rope, and more stuff! It's cool!

But for my cravings of us style swedish fish, I end up going to this cool food store either "The british store" that has a ton of USA food, or another grocery store that has american food. and oh

What's the deal with these .. Reses type oreo cookies? They come in a four pack, and they are really really tasty but in sweden its like... five dollars for FOUR COOKIES!

LiQuid wrote:Say something in Swedish!


Jag ska hämta fisk. = I will get fish.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 21st, 2010 @ 7:34am
by dabeast0976
cool_wizard wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Say something in Swedish!


Jag ska hämta fisk. = I will get fish.


Image

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 23rd, 2010 @ 3:42pm
by Oakstout
Hello everyone,

Names Oakstout. I live in the desert state of NC. Avid gamer, sometimes blogger and WoW player. Been listening to Geekbox for a while and before that Legendary Thread and GFW podcasts were staples of my daily drive to work. Geekbox is one of my top 3 weekly podcast with the other 2 podcasts "How to avoid Zombies" and "Is this a mole or a zit?" only slightly beating you out.

Great show!

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 23rd, 2010 @ 3:49pm
by Bobloblaw
Oakstout wrote:Hello everyone,

Names Oakstout. I live in the desert state of NC. Avid gamer, sometimes blogger and WoW player. Been listening to Geekbox for a while and before that Legendary Thread and GFW podcasts were staples of my daily drive to work. Geekbox is one of my top 3 weekly podcast with the other 2 podcasts "How to avoid Zombies" and "Is this a mole or a zit?" only slightly beating you out.

Great show!


Welcome. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Where is the desert in North Carolina?

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 29th, 2010 @ 9:18am
by thefonz
Hello.

I live in London but will be moving to Australia soon.
Listen to the Geekbox when I'm on the treadmill and I have noticed a direct positive correlation with the speed of my running and the length of time Lost is talked about.

Anyway - howdy.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Apr 29th, 2010 @ 10:05am
by dabeast0976
thefonz wrote:Hello.

I live in London but will be moving to Australia soon.
Listen to the Geekbox when I'm on the treadmill and I have noticed a direct positive correlation with the speed of my running and the length of time Lost is talked about.

Anyway - howdy.


Welcome. We have a couple of Aussies here so you will feel comfortable when you get there.

Also, no matter how fast you run you can't outrun their Lost talk. Especially on a treadmill.