Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby KindGalaxy » Jun 23rd, 2011 @ 11:55pm

monkeycrap wrote:Hi, I'm new.

I love you already :ugeek:
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Rodney » Jul 11th, 2011 @ 10:36pm

Like I said previously in the wrong forum topic, I'm a long time listener & reader of Ryan Scott and the Geekbox crew through the CGW/GFW/1UP/GameSpy days. Thought I'd finally post on the forums after playing TF2 with the great Geekbox community. Play a round if you haven't already, it's free and runs on almost anything nowadays. Probably your toaster.
Rodney

Postby SouthernCoyote » Jul 15th, 2011 @ 2:40pm

Hi Everybody!

I'm Greg from Georgia. I have a pretty wide range of geek interests. Games, TV, movies, and slowly getting back into comics. I'm trying not to jump into the deep end.
SouthernCoyote

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 15th, 2011 @ 3:05pm

SouthernCoyote wrote:Hi Everybody!

I'm Greg from Georgia. I have a pretty wide range of geek interests. Games, TV, movies, and slowly getting back into comics. I'm trying not to jump into the deep end.

Welcome fellow person from Georgia.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby RazielCuts » Jul 15th, 2011 @ 6:15pm

Hey guys,

don't know how lost in the shuffle this post will get but just joined the forums, been a listener since the GFW days and just joined because of Team Fortress 2 becoming recently free to play.

Don't hate on me, I bought it years ago but the competition was a bit too tough and I wasn't really into the mechanics but since it went free I thought hey why not, newbies be getting in, good time to try again so here we are :D

Anyway, my name is Joe, I'm from London in the UK and I love Comics, good TV (Lost, Burn Notice, Game of Thrones, True Blood, etc) and of course them Video Games)

So hello and goodbye! And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight! :D
RazielCuts

Postby SouthernCoyote » Jul 19th, 2011 @ 4:28am

Mr_eX wrote:
SouthernCoyote wrote:Hi Everybody!

Welcome fellow person from Georgia.

Thanks.
SouthernCoyote

Postby jinpei05 » Jul 19th, 2011 @ 9:30am

RazielCuts wrote:Hey guys,

don't know how lost in the shuffle this post will get but just joined the forums, been a listener since the GFW days and just joined because of Team Fortress 2 becoming recently free to play.

Don't hate on me, I bought it years ago but the competition was a bit too tough and I wasn't really into the mechanics but since it went free I thought hey why not, newbies be getting in, good time to try again so here we are :D

Anyway, my name is Joe, I'm from London in the UK and I love Comics, good TV (Lost, Burn Notice, Game of Thrones, True Blood, etc) and of course them Video Games)

So hello and goodbye! And in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight! :D

Cool points for the Truman Show referrence. And welcome.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby manta173 » Jul 19th, 2011 @ 10:45am

Hey, I'm new to the forums as of today, but I have been listening to the podcast for several months now. (Moved to northern AL, had a longer commute, found the podcast on itunes)

I like the basic geek things; video games (valve especially- been a fan since HL1), movies, anime, scifi and fantasy books, really been meaning to start playing tabletop games, etc... but I also enjoy outdoorsy stuff too; hiking, kayaking, shooting stuff etc.

I thought I'd say hi and see if there were any other Northern AL geekboxers out there. (Is geekboxer a word?)
manta173

Postby manta173 » Jul 20th, 2011 @ 8:12am

*chirping crikets*

Wow a whole day without a response... [insert forever alone meme here]

Perhaps I need to start posting on other threads...
manta173

Postby IRL_Troll » Jul 20th, 2011 @ 8:17am

Yes, yes you do. But welcome regardless. Play TF2 with us
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby manta173 » Jul 20th, 2011 @ 10:59am

IRL_Troll wrote:Yes, yes you do. But welcome regardless. Play TF2 with us

OK OK!! geez twist my arm why don't ya... I'll try to track down the server tonight.
manta173

Postby LiQuid » Jul 20th, 2011 @ 11:28am

I would have extended the warmest of welcomes but for the fact that I am wholly apathetic to the fact that you've joined the forum.
LiQuid

Postby JeckalDied » Jul 25th, 2011 @ 6:07pm

Figured it was about time I joined the forums.

I've been listening to the Geekbox since about the third episode (took me awhile to realize it existed after the brodeo and lan party were shut down), so I really should have signed up ages ago.

My name is Jacob and I like most geeky things, especially if it involves books. I like to read a lot of everything and tend to fool myself into thinking I'll actually finish writing something of my own someday.

Not much to say really; I'll see you all throughout the forum.
JeckalDied

Postby manta173 » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 7:15am

JeckalDied wrote:Figured it was about time I joined the forums.

I've been listening to the Geekbox since about the third episode (took me awhile to realize it existed after the brodeo and lan party were shut down), so I really should have signed up ages ago.

My name is Jacob and I like most geeky things, especially if it involves books. I like to read a lot of everything and tend to fool myself into thinking I'll actually finish writing something of my own someday.

Welcome!!
manta173

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 4:17pm

My name is also Jacob(I go by Jake though) and there can be only one, so pistols at dawn?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby JeckalDied » Jul 26th, 2011 @ 7:22pm

Mr_eX wrote:

My name is also Jacob(I go by Jake though) and there can be only one, so pistols at dawn?

I'm afraid its the only solution...
JeckalDied

Postby IRL_Troll » Jul 27th, 2011 @ 6:00am

Hey eX! Get over it! I'm going to safely assume that every other male on the forum is named Chris, do you see me engaging everyone in honor duels?
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll

Postby JeckalDied » Jul 27th, 2011 @ 4:55pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Hey eX! Get over it! I'm going to safely assume that every other male on the forum is named Chris, do you see me engaging everyone in honor duels?

Us Jacobs get to hear kids getting yelled at with our name, seriously America, name your boys something else!
JeckalDied

Postby Konanda » Jul 27th, 2011 @ 8:02pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Hey eX! Get over it! I'm going to safely assume that every other male on the forum is named Chris, do you see me engaging everyone in honor duels?

My name is not Chris.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Jul 28th, 2011 @ 2:21am

It's funny when people with generic names complain about their names. It's much better than having a weird name that gets you bullied throughout primary school. :lol:
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Jul 28th, 2011 @ 2:24am

kenzo wrote:It's funny when people with generic names complain about their names. It's much better than having a weird name that gets you bullied throughout primary school. :lol:

Like Kymberly Wimberly?
LiQuid

Postby KindGalaxy » Jul 29th, 2011 @ 10:13am

Konanda wrote:

My name is not Chris.

KindGalaxy

Postby Konanda » Jul 29th, 2011 @ 5:41pm

KindGalaxy wrote:
Konanda wrote:

My name is not Chris.

Ah but I can assure you my good sir that my given name is most definitly not Chris. Nor is it the long form of this Greek name to describe a Christian person.

Either way my given name is not Greek in origin at all, same goes for my surname.
Konanda

Postby KindGalaxy » Jul 29th, 2011 @ 10:46pm

Konanda wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:
Konanda wrote:

My name is not Chris.

Ah but I can assure you my good sir that my given name is most definitly not Chris. Nor is it the long form of this Greek name to describe a Christian person.

Either way my given name is not Greek in origin at all, same goes for my surname.

KindGalaxy

Postby Starwats » Jul 30th, 2011 @ 1:29pm

Whats up yall, you may have seen me on the geekbox tf2 server as lordnoah. I entertain myself by making dlc for super smash brothers brawl, you can check out my stuff here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlVi ... erated=All
LiQuid wrote:I think secretly kenzo gets even madder about Dota than even Dakazu.

No trading.
Starwats

Postby kenzo » Jul 30th, 2011 @ 2:31pm

Starwats wrote:Whats up yall, you may have seen me on the geekbox tf2 server as lordnoah. I entertain myself by making dlc for super smash brothers brawl, you can check out my stuff here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlVi ... erated=All
I KNOW YOU! Hey! :D
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Aug 5th, 2011 @ 6:04pm

Lychee joined the forum on the 2nd and I love his lychee based avatar.

Konanda

Postby kenzo » Aug 5th, 2011 @ 9:07pm

Konanda wrote:Lychee joined the forum on the 2nd and I love his lychee based avatar.

That's the same as her Steam avatar.
kenzo

Postby dakazu » Aug 10th, 2011 @ 12:57am

I'm not really new but I've been far more active recently and I never posted in this thread.

I'm from upstate NY but now I live in Hawaii. I like my manga and video games. Currently I'm watching episodes of ST Voyager.

I'm on the TF2 server a lot and you'll hear me calling out Kenzo for being racist against Japanese people.
dakazu

Postby kenzo » Aug 10th, 2011 @ 1:05am

dakazu wrote:I'm on the TF2 server a lot and you'll hear me calling out Kenzo for being racist against Japanese people.
*shhhh* that's supposed to be a secret on here. Now you've ruined my whole facade I've put on for LiQuid.
kenzo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics