Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: New to the Geekbox forums? Introduce yourself!

Postby thefonz » Apr 29th, 2010 @ 10:30am

Cheers.
I'm moving to Sydney so its good to know that there are also geeks over there despite the beaches and babes and kangaroos.

Maybe cranking up the incline will help?
thefonz

Postby darfox8 » May 1st, 2010 @ 6:25pm

Yo! I'm not new but I've been away for awhile since I moved to Santiago Chile. It took me about a month but I finally have my PC hooked up to the internet(before I had to use my Aunt's Window's 98).

I got a backlog of like 5 Geekbox episodes I have to catch up on so I'll get on that. Also I'm going to scan a few of the threads to see if anybody missed me... does anybody know who I am?
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby LiQuid » May 2nd, 2010 @ 3:44am

A) We all know who you are.

2> Nobody missed you

d. Chile! Isn't that like a 3rd world country???
LiQuid

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » May 2nd, 2010 @ 3:53am

darfox8 wrote:Yo! I'm not new but I've been away for awhile since I moved to Santiago Chile. It took me about a month but I finally have my PC hooked up to the internet(before I had to use my Aunt's Window's 98).

I got a backlog of like 5 Geekbox episodes I have to catch up on so I'll get on that. Also I'm going to scan a few of the threads to see if anybody missed me... does anybody know who I am?

How was the earthquake? Or did you move after that happened, and if so I have to ask, why?

I'm referring to the huge one in February, but the one in March was near Santiago if I'm not mistaken.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Raine » May 2nd, 2010 @ 4:17am

Bobloblaw wrote:Where is the desert in North Carolina?

Ain't no way he's talking climate, cause as I'm sure you know it's downright tropical in most of the American south. He's probably meaning some sort of cultural desert, which if true is funny. If he thinks he has it bad he should try coming down here, or going closer to the Charlotte region. Ya'll in the whatchamacallit, Research Triangle and Triad have got it great compared to Charlotte or out in the boonies. Ain't to say the people are "bad" around here, they're just very simple kind of folks, and that can get very boring.

You know what, fuck this weather. Me and my wife are going to be the only people in American history to move up north for the weather. I'd take shoveling snow over 105 degrees with high humidity any day.
Raine

Postby darfox8 » May 2nd, 2010 @ 1:57pm

I came to Chile at the end of March so it was after the Earthquake(but I've been in two very minor quakes already). And I came because this is the only country beside the US that I have relatives. My parents always had planed on moving to Chile and living easy retirement since it cost less to live here than in the US. These plans were accelerated when my mom lost her job so here we are. I had to come along for the ride since I didn't have a job at the time and, me being bilingual, I have alot more job opportunities here than in the US. I plan on eventually moving back but who knows.

And Chile isn't extremely poor or anything. They have pretty much everything we have over there but slightly different. They also show Law and Order multiple times a day. Feels just like home sometimes.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Knuckle Knuts » May 3rd, 2010 @ 9:48am

Ello gov'nahs!

Long time listener, first time poster. I'm counting on all of you to help me remain distracted from work.

Cheers! :D
Knuckle Knuts

Postby Mr_eX » May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:22am

Knuckle Knuts wrote:Ello gov'nahs!

Long time listener, first time poster. I'm counting on all of you to help me remain distracted from work.

Cheers! :D

That shouldn't be a problem.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Voxtrinus » May 5th, 2010 @ 8:06am

Hello all.

I've listened since episode 25 or so, I believe. I completely forgot that I had joined the forums, so, I went to register and it kind of scared/puzzled me that this username was registered. Well, that's my (very goddamn exciting) story! Hopefully I can stay active. We'll see.
Voxtrinus

Postby IMLabman » May 5th, 2010 @ 9:53am

Voxtrinus wrote:Hello all.

I've listened since episode 25 or so, I believe. I completely forgot that I had joined the forums, so, I went to register and it kind of scared/puzzled me that this username was registered. Well, that's my (very goddamn exciting) story! Hopefully I can stay active. We'll see.

Hah hah hah...I tend to do things like that when I'm drunk and then completely forget about it the next day. Anyways, welcome to the forums!
IMLabman

Postby BusyZombieLord » May 7th, 2010 @ 3:32pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been listening to the Geekbox since almost the beginning I think. I stumbled on it when all the layoff's happened at 1up. I was a big fan of all the podcasts over there and carried on following all the people that were laid off now doing there own podcasts. I work a very boring job converting people medical records to digital formats so I have plenty of time to listen.
BusyZombieLord

Postby Mr_eX » May 7th, 2010 @ 3:58pm

That sounds about as boring as my job.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby BusyZombieLord » May 7th, 2010 @ 4:10pm

Yeah, most people in my department at get assigned to help me last about three days before they beg to do something else. I just sit at a pc and listen to podcast and audio books for 8 hours a day. Thankfully do to my dedication I am getting tuition reimbursement to go back to school. Guess being bored all day isn't always a bad thing.
BusyZombieLord

Postby Voxtrinus » May 7th, 2010 @ 5:56pm

IMLabman wrote:
Voxtrinus wrote:Hello all.

Hah hah hah...I tend to do things like that when I'm drunk and then completely forget about it the next day. Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Oh, sad thing is, I was completely sober. :3
Voxtrinus

Postby Groundings » May 7th, 2010 @ 7:10pm

I'm from Australia Sydney,

I got hooked onto the Geekbox Podcast from promos on Rebel FM and Gamespy Debriefings,

I love comic books, mostly DC related. Play MW2 (not like an insane junkie... I pad time out with other games, like RPG's, fighting and action games, on my PS3), and other gaming Podcasts promoted by Geekbox.
Groundings

Postby Lombaszko » May 8th, 2010 @ 5:33am

Groundings wrote:I love comic books, mostly DC related.

Yay! Another DC fan. Be sure to check out the comic forums.
Lombaszko

Postby Wobag » May 13th, 2010 @ 2:19pm

Another new guy here. A Brit, and long time Dr Who fan.

Also enjoying the comics scene, particularly when lanterns are involved.
Wobag

Postby Mr_eX » May 13th, 2010 @ 2:35pm

Image comics don't seem to have many fans here, seems like everyone is a DC fanboy.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby IMLabman » May 13th, 2010 @ 10:50pm

Wait...what? No Image comics fans? I'm new to comics, and even I know that The Walking Dead is fricken awesome!
IMLabman

Postby dogridesturtle » May 16th, 2010 @ 5:39am

I'm from Canadia. That is pretty much good.

Okay. Have fun, then.

*edit: ^ Yes! The Walking Dead is [new here. can we swear on these forums?] sweet.
dogridesturtle

Postby LiQuid » May 16th, 2010 @ 8:03am

You can only swear if you are over 18.
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » May 16th, 2010 @ 5:46pm

LiQuid wrote:You can only swear if you are over 18.

Fuck yeah! I'm going to drop C-bombs all up in this bitch being that I'm 20. :|
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby dogridesturtle » May 17th, 2010 @ 5:58am

Konanda wrote:Fuck yeah! I'm going to drop C-bombs all up in this bitch being that I'm 20. :|

C-Bombs? Like "C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker"?
dogridesturtle

Postby booboodaddy » May 17th, 2010 @ 4:01pm

Another listener here from the beginning... I still miss the original Games for Windows podcast.
booboodaddy

Postby Snuggs » May 20th, 2010 @ 5:52pm

Hello,

I used to listen to the CGW a/k/a GFW podcast and post on the 1up forums a bit. Unlike many posters before me, I forget which episode was the benchmark of when I started listening to The GeekBox. My friend told me about it last year and so I began listening. I like the organic and authentic tone of the show.

I'm a QA Analyst. I like my job, but I am thankful for the interesting conversation provided by your podcast; otherwise, it's just me and my gadgets together in my cube all day.

I play a lot of video games, but I don't often finish them because another one comes out. I get really close, and then I buy the next big thing and I start playing that. Well, except for FFXIII, I got annoyed with Hope's emoness and put in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 so I could get agressions out in Killhouse.

I recently started playing WoW... again; I was clean for two years, but all it took was a free pass. My best friend came over last Sunday and later told me that I looked like a junkie who'd had her fix.

... but I like MMOs.

I don't have to finish them.
XBL Tag: PMS TaraByte
Snuggs

Postby Mr_eX » May 21st, 2010 @ 6:22am

Snuggs wrote:Hello,

I used to listen to the CGW a/k/a GFW podcast and post on the 1up forums a bit. Unlike many posters before me, I forget which episode was the benchmark of when I started listening to The GeekBox. My friend told me about it last year and so I began listening. I like the organic and authentic tone of the show.

I'm a QA Analyst. I like my job, but I am thankful for the interesting conversation provided by your podcast; otherwise, it's just me and my gadgets together in my cube all day.

I play a lot of video games, but I don't often finish them because another one comes out. I get really close, and then I buy the next big thing and I start playing that. Well, except for FFXIII, I got annoyed with Hope's emoness and put in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 so I could get agressions out in Killhouse.

I recently started playing WoW... again; I was clean for two years, but all it took was a free pass. My best friend came over last Sunday and later told me that I looked like a junkie who'd had her fix.

... but I like MMOs.

I used to never finish games but for some reason this gen I've finished more games than all past generations combined. I would normally get close to the end and then start playing something else, I don't know why.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Bobloblaw » May 21st, 2010 @ 7:03am

Snuggs wrote:I recently started playing WoW... again; I was clean for two years, but all it took was a free pass. My best friend came over last Sunday and later told me that I looked like a junkie who'd had her fix.

... but I like MMOs.

Ever notice how easy it is to compare WoW to a drug addiction? Anyhow, welcome. I've been clean for six months.
Bobloblaw

Postby Snuggs » May 21st, 2010 @ 10:51am

Bobloblaw wrote:
Snuggs wrote:I recently started playing WoW... again; I was clean for two years, but all it took was a free pass. My best friend came over last Sunday and later told me that I looked like a junkie who'd had her fix.

... but I like MMOs.

Ever notice how easy it is to compare WoW to a drug addiction? Anyhow, welcome. I've been clean for six months.

Exactly. No matter what acronym of habit I'm picking up, be it WoW, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, I am always playing something. There is always a computer or XBOX or PS3 or Wii powered up. It's like quitting beer and going to wine except that I'm more of a social partaker now. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
XBL Tag: PMS TaraByte
Snuggs

Postby mclazyj » May 21st, 2010 @ 3:50pm

Well, after many years of procrastination, I have finally decided to join in on the forum discussion here. I have been a gamer since 1981, when I first received my Sears Atari 2600 VCS. Nowadays, I am mostly a PC gamer and Xbox 360 gamer, but I do have a PS3 and Wii.

As for myself, I am an IT Manager by day at a construction firm in the Los Angeles area. By night, I transform myself into a gamer blogger at the website www.aeropause.com. I am an avid fan of both old school Doctor Who and new Doctor Who, mostly from growing up in England while my dad was station overseas. Because of that, I am also a huge English football fan, cheering on both the England national team, as well as the Manchester City club.

Not sure if there is much else to tell, but I am always open to answer most questions, and I look forward to being a participant in the forums.
mclazyj

Postby Grimlock » May 24th, 2010 @ 2:32pm

I've been listening since the start and just now got my lazy self to join the forums. I enjoy a lot of the TV shows talked about on the podcast and on the forums. I also like non-HD gaming, so no Xbox 360, PS3 or early model 1 Genesis for me. Well, I would like HD gaming, but I just don't have a HDTV or a HD console. And I only own one comic book and I got it only because it's based off of lyrics from a band I like.

Oh, I also love every non-Joel Shoemaker Batman thing. Even if I haven't, sadly, touched a Batman comic book.

And I like Transformers.
Grimlock

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics