Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 55

Postby Rydog » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 6:33pm

This week's episode guest-stars 1UP's Alice Liang, who totally ruins the episode. Hey, just kidding.

Also: Check out this thread if you'd like to participate in Mr_eX and LiQuid's Xbox 360 Achievement contest during the month of March!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 55

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 6:41pm

Yay, Alice Liang! Nihao-ma!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 7:40pm

Look forward to listening tomorrow at the gym.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 7:52pm

Mr_eX wrote:Look forward to listening tomorrow at the gym.

I think I called you LiQuid_eX. :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 7:55pm

We are our own bastard child!
LiQuid

Postby darfox8 » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 7:58pm

Master Higgins wrote:

Fuck, your the only one on the Forums and you still can't get us right.

I'll listen later since I'm in the middle watching the JJ Abram Star Trek for the first time. Pretty bad ass so far.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Konanda » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 9:31pm

darfox8 wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:

Fuck, your the only one on the Forums and you still can't get us right.

I'll listen later since I'm in the middle watching the JJ Abram Star Trek for the first time. Pretty bad ass so far.

Hey that's not totally fair Ryan is on from time to time, although it's mainly to post a new podcast thread or probably a theory in the lost thread. (don't know never actually been in that thread) Karen will sporadically post unsually on this board in particular. I've seen Mike post like maybe 3 times. Although if you are talking about regular than ya Master Higgins is about the only one. Also is Fitch aware he even has an account on here?

On another related note I'm curious if this means Alice is going to be added to the list of VIP's in the user index.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby bitblockader » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 9:57pm

I can tell Higgins' woman desperately wants to be on the podcast - she just needs a pretext. I think that's at least the 2nd time he's told that story.
bitblockader

Postby Jon Cole » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 10:10pm

As per usual at this point, I've posted the timestamps for Lost, Burn Notice, and Smallville spoilers in my CastMedium post:

http://www.castmedium.com/2010/03/03/th ... pisode-55/
Jon Cole

Postby darfox8 » Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 10:54pm

Yo Ryan Scott. Slow the fuck down. I just got to the part where they talk about the ApacolyPS3. And he tried to bad mouth the system and Sony every chance he could get. As a PS3 owner I think I have the right to be angry at Sony for 24 hours of a useless console(almost useless). What if I'm a very busy and mature adult(which I'm clearly not) and I finally happen to find time to play my PS3 on March 1rst. That's a fucked up situation. But Ryan Scott isn't coming for that perspective. He's just constantly saying "Good job Sony" in that really annoying voice. Every point he tried to make about this situation was factually wrong and he had to be corrected by the other folk on the podcast. Until finally they also ran out of knowledge(which is understandable, no bodies job there is to defend Sony). No trophies where lost. Unless you played the game during these 24 hours you didn't lose any trophy progress at all. And even then, I'm pretty sure you didn't even earn trophies during that time, so you couldn't walk away after acquiring a bunch of trophies and then lose them all.

I know I haven't finished listening to the whole podcast yet but I seriously doubt Ryan revisits this topic... because it is kinda dumb.

EDIT: Ryan if I get all Megaman 10 trophy(out the 11) will I get the prize also?
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Lord Korax » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 2:41am

*SIGH*

When will the year pronunciation arguments finally stop? You may not have pronounced 1999 as "nineteen hundred ninety-nine," but did you say "twenty oh-one" or "twenty oh-two" for 2001 and 2002? I certainly didn't.

And yes, I know I'm perpetuating the argument, but here's an idea: Say it how you want to say it, not how some idiot on the internet wants you to.
Lord Korax

Postby Creep » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 3:41am

Karen > Alice.
Creep

Postby Jon Cole » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 7:43am

Lord Korax wrote:*SIGH*

When will the year pronunciation arguments finally stop? You may not have pronounced 1999 as "nineteen hundred ninety-nine," but did you say "twenty oh-one" or "twenty oh-two" for 2001 and 2002? I certainly didn't.

And yes, I know I'm perpetuating the argument, but here's an idea: Say it how you want to say it, not how some idiot on the internet wants you to.

The point of saying "twenty ten" is the fact that it has less syllables than "two thousand ten". Saying "twenty ought-one/twenty oh-one" would have the same amount of syllables as "two thousand one", so there were no stones thrown for that.

Seems pretty simple to me.
Jon Cole

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 7:52am

Master Higgins wrote:

So you think everyone from Wisconsin looks the same? You racist.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 8:29am

Mr_eX wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:

So you think everyone from Wisconsin looks the same? You racist.

I've been to Milwaukee, Green Bay and Menomonee Falls so I would say yes, yes you do. :D
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby LiQuid » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 11:35am

LiQuid has about 3/4 of the posts on the Geekbox forums

And don't you forget it!
LiQuid

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 11:38am

LiQuid wrote:
LiQuid has about 3/4 of the posts on the Geekbox forums

And don't you forget it!

How can we when you are almost every third post in a thread? :lol:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 2:01pm

Baby games are allowed in the competition. The only one thats banned is Fallout 3 for PC because you can pretty much just give yourself achievements.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Thwip » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 3:18pm

Alice should be added as a regular cast member. Or she can take Mike Cruz's place when he inevitably disappears again.
Thwip

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 3:32pm

Based on Alice's perfomance on this episode, I think if she and Karen were in one of those fights where you glue broken glass to your hands like in the movie Kickboxer, Karen would win.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby flufflogic » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 3:38pm

Mr_eX wrote:Baby games are allowed in the competition. The only one thats banned is Fallout 3 for PC because you can pretty much just give yourself achievements.

I'm 1550/1550 on 360 :D
flufflogic

Postby bitblockader » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 4:06pm

Karen might beat Alice in a cage match, but I prefer women with no..er.."surprises".
bitblockader

Postby Karen » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 7:22pm

Great episode! YAY ALICE! Another "white dudes only" supporter ;)
jkjkjk
THIS GAME GETS 5 APPLES OUT OF PEPSI

http://www.twitter.com/momopeche
Karen
White Dudes Only

Postby compellinggameplay » Mar 3rd, 2010 @ 11:45pm

Alice can't be a regular on the Geekbox, she need her own 1UP podcast! Ask her about the "Amasians Podcast: See Them... Hear Them Now" starring Alice, Thierry "Scooter" Nguyen, Wilbert Mui, and Richard Li.
compellinggameplay
Super Intern

Postby bitblockader » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 12:01am

I would trade Cruz for Mui (whoever that is). Richard and Nelson still need to step up their podcast game, but I always liked them on 1up Show. Hell, get Mikey back (memba him???)
bitblockader

Postby IMLabman » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 8:53am

Alice did a great job...but The Eatbox just wasn't the same without Karen Chew! Sorry Karen, I couldn't resist. :D
IMLabman

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 10:51am

darfox8 wrote:Yo Ryan Scott. Slow the fuck down. I just got to the part where they talk about the ApacolyPS3. And he tried to bad mouth the system and Sony every chance he could get. As a PS3 owner I think I have the right to be angry at Sony for 24 hours of a useless console(almost useless). What if I'm a very busy and mature adult(which I'm clearly not) and I finally happen to find time to play my PS3 on March 1rst. That's a fucked up situation. But Ryan Scott isn't coming for that perspective. He's just constantly saying "Good job Sony" in that really annoying voice. Every point he tried to make about this situation was factually wrong and he had to be corrected by the other folk on the podcast. Until finally they also ran out of knowledge(which is understandable, no bodies job there is to defend Sony). No trophies where lost. Unless you played the game during these 24 hours you didn't lose any trophy progress at all. And even then, I'm pretty sure you didn't even earn trophies during that time, so you couldn't walk away after acquiring a bunch of trophies and then lose them all.

I know I haven't finished listening to the whole podcast yet but I seriously doubt Ryan revisits this topic... because it is kinda dumb.

EDIT: Ryan if I get all Megaman 10 trophy(out the 11) will I get the prize also?

blahhh blahhh blahhhhhhhhhhhh, you would fit in well on GAF darfox
lemon-fresh

Postby darfox8 » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 11:06am

Hmmm... I know that's not a compliment... but I don't know exactly why...

Either way I still think Ryan's opinion was bonkers. Even after listening to it a second time. Also, he had to play Megaman 10 on easy what a lady LOLZ. Naw just kidding. I'm sort of dreading that game. I really want it but it might drive me crazy and cut into my FF13 time. Maybe if I alternate between them I'll stay sane.
darfox8

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 11:21am

darfox8 wrote:Hmmm... I know that's not a compliment... but I don't know exactly why...

Either way I still think Ryan's opinion was bonkers. Even after listening to it a second time. Also, he had to play Megaman 10 on easy what a lady LOLZ. Naw just kidding. I'm sort of dreading that game. I really want it but it might drive me crazy and cut into my FF13 time. Maybe if I alternate between them I'll stay sane.

Agreed, but we all know that Ryan sux at video games. :lol:
lemon-fresh

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 4th, 2010 @ 2:55pm

lemon-fresh wrote:
darfox8 wrote:Hmmm... I know that's not a compliment... but I don't know exactly why...

Agreed, but we all know that Ryan sux at video games. :lol:

Assassins Creed 2
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Next
Forum Statistics