Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Marshmallow Fluff

Postby cool_wizard » May 30th, 2010 @ 6:52am

I've heard talk on the show a couple times about marshmallow fluff and that you can't get it on the west coast. While it may be hard to get, I can't beleive that it is impossible to get on the west coast!

I live in Stockholm, and the cool thing here is that you can find marshmallow fluff at most of the bigger grocery stores. Usually you can find it in the baking-goods section, or if the store has an "american food aisle" just like how stores have a mexican-food, or indian-spices or kosher shelves. Look, I even got STRAWBERRY marshmallow fluff! How cool is that!
Image

So how much have west-coasters searched for fluff, it just seems like you havn't been looking hard enough? I can find it all the way over here in communist sweden, so I mean, there has GOT to be fluff somewhere there on the west-coast? If not, why doesn't somebody open up a "east-coast specialty food store" that sells donuts and marshmallow fluff and.. umm. pizza. and buffalo wings. And if you really were craving it, I checked out their website (it's all in comic sans btw, lol'd) and you can order stuff from them online.
cool_wizard
User avatar
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010 @ 3:50am
Location: sweden

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby James-Kond » May 30th, 2010 @ 8:47am

I wonder if they have it over here in The Netherlands..
It all started with a bang.
James-Kond
User avatar
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 1:13pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby PantslessJedi » May 30th, 2010 @ 9:02am

cool_wizard wrote:So how much have west-coasters searched for fluff, it just seems like you havn't been looking hard enough?


According to the Fluff Finder (lol) The closest place, for me, that sells Marshmallow Fluff is a few hours away. It may be good, but it's not *that* good. :p

In California, the only city/store that sells it is in Laguna Hills. A paltry 7 hour drive from Sunnyvale.
PantslessJedi
User avatar
 
Posts: 688
Joined: May 28th, 2009 @ 6:08pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby cool_wizard » May 30th, 2010 @ 11:12am

PantslessJedi wrote:According to the Fluff Finder


hah very lol indeed. What a great website they have, oh and the recipe book they have for download called the "Yummy Book" win.

but still it's crazy that it's such a rare item for food stores to drop on the west coast. the strawberry flavor isn't that good though.
cool_wizard
User avatar
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010 @ 3:50am
Location: sweden

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Lombaszko » May 30th, 2010 @ 12:41pm

Fluff Pro Tip:
Take regular Cheese-It crackers and dip each one in a scoop of fluff. I can't eat plain Cheese-Its anymore. So good!
Lombaszko
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 3:53am
Location: Boston

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Mr_eX » May 30th, 2010 @ 1:26pm

You guys know amazon sells fluff right?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 1st, 2010 @ 2:35pm

I'm sorry, Sweden is a communist nation???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby kenzo » Jun 1st, 2010 @ 2:59pm

jinpei05 wrote:I'm sorry, Sweden is a communist nation???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm gonna give cool_wizard the benefit of the doubt by saying he was merely chiding American conservatism for its irrational phobia of any socialism, and the conveniently forgetting examples of places like Sweden where socialism can be employed to great success, without infringing on people's individual rights, or at the expense of democratic institutions.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby jinpei05 » Jun 1st, 2010 @ 5:44pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:I'm sorry, Sweden is a communist nation???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm gonna give cool_wizard the benefit of the doubt by saying he was merely chiding American conservatism for its irrational phobia of any socialism, and the conveniently forgetting examples of places like Sweden where socialism can be employed to great success, without infringing on people's individual rights, or at the expense of democratic institutions.


In other words, he was being sarcastic. Got it.

For a second there, I thought we had to add Sweden to the axis of evil along with North Korea, China, Laos, Vietnam, and Cuba.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby cool_wizard » Jun 1st, 2010 @ 6:03pm

man, I wish there was some type of sarcasm tag that could fit right between the "spoiler" and "youtube" button.

But about sweden being communist, some time ago the daily show did a segment on how horrible sweden was. Of course the people here loved it, but i'm not shure how popular or if people even know about that segment in the us?
cool_wizard
User avatar
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010 @ 3:50am
Location: sweden

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Bobloblaw » Jun 2nd, 2010 @ 8:38am

Mr_eX wrote:You guys know amazon sells fluff right?


Do you work for Amazon?
Bobloblaw
User avatar
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010 @ 1:43pm
Location: Durham, NC

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Mr_eX » Jun 2nd, 2010 @ 1:35pm

Bobloblaw wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:You guys know amazon sells fluff right?


Do you work for Amazon?


No but I think it's pretty much the best thing on the internet.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby LiQuid » Jun 2nd, 2010 @ 1:38pm

Everybody know Electric Retard is the best thing on the internet.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 2nd, 2010 @ 6:34pm

jinpei05 wrote:
kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:I'm sorry, Sweden is a communist nation???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm gonna give cool_wizard the benefit of the doubt by saying he was merely chiding American conservatism for its irrational phobia of any socialism, and the conveniently forgetting examples of places like Sweden where socialism can be employed to great success, without infringing on people's individual rights, or at the expense of democratic institutions.


In other words, he was being sarcastic. Got it.

For a second there, I thought we had to add Sweden to the axis of evil along with North Korea, China, Laos, Vietnam, and Cuba.


More sarcasm I hope...
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Konanda » Jun 6th, 2010 @ 5:46pm

lemon-fresh wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:
kenzo wrote:I'm gonna give cool_wizard the benefit of the doubt by saying he was merely chiding American conservatism for its irrational phobia of any socialism, and the conveniently forgetting examples of places like Sweden where socialism can be employed to great success, without infringing on people's individual rights, or at the expense of democratic institutions.


In other words, he was being sarcastic. Got it.

For a second there, I thought we had to add Sweden to the axis of evil along with North Korea, China, Laos, Vietnam, and Cuba.


More sarcasm I hope...


I'm suprised he didn't add Canada on there. /sarcasm (YAY I did it right!)
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby lemon-fresh » Jun 10th, 2010 @ 2:08pm

nice. ;)
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marshmallow Fluff

Postby Green » Jun 11th, 2010 @ 8:02am

World market sells fluff. I know that is at least in some areas of the west. We have one here in SLC Utah, and my wife has seen in the the McMinnville OR area at a world market as well. Fluffernutters rule!
Green
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 11th, 2010 @ 7:57am

Viagra Rezeptfrei Vorkasse Ellacromb

Postby EllNelo » Jun 2nd, 2018 @ 1:03pm

Best Life Rx cialis 5mg Isotretinoin skin health website on line
Can Amoxicillin Be Used For Acne Prompt Pill Store Cialis Bei Frau cheapest cialis Propecia Cost Compare Prix Cialis 25
EllNelo
 
Posts: 653
Joined: May 30th, 2018 @ 11:26am
Location: Morocco

Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron