Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 75

Postby kenzo » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 1:22pm

The__Doctor wrote:I think greg argued it about as well as Fitch. "The simpsons should't be made anymore" "But you play sequel video games!"

I'm pretty sure Fitch would agree that lots of videogames shouldn't have sequels either.

It's always bothered me that the Simpsons don't age. I fell in love with the show from day one, and those characters. But when they don't grow older, and their past is continually rewritten, it's like they're not even the same characters/show anymore.
kenzo

Postby GordonGartrell » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 3:37pm

Finally got around to listening to this weeks show. Wow, Fitch releases the nerd rage on this one. The pent up agression episode of The Geekbox.
GordonGartrell

Postby Raine » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 7:17pm

kenzo wrote:It's always bothered me that the Simpsons don't age. I fell in love with the show from day one, and those characters. But when they don't grow older, and their past is continually rewritten, it's like they're not even the same characters/show anymore.

That was what was so great about King of the Hill. Despite being animated they committed to progressing time, at least for the first 3 or so seasons. Then they gave up on it, and every episode starting being the same shit regurgitated in a slightly different manner, and I stopped watching. I really do think it was the best show on TV, at least for a little while.
Raine

Postby deadairis » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 7:19pm

Geekbox guys should all watch the Wire.
deadairis
The Reimpaler

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 23rd, 2010 @ 10:21pm

deadairis wrote:Geekbox guys should all watch the Wire.

I did. Omar is da man.
Bobloblaw

Postby kenzo » Jul 24th, 2010 @ 1:02am

You forgot to say how 'real' is was. :x
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Jul 24th, 2010 @ 6:45am

The Shield is better. /flees
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby LiQuid » Jul 24th, 2010 @ 7:36am

I haven't even seen The Shield and I agree wholeheartedly.
LiQuid

Postby Asparagus » Jul 24th, 2010 @ 11:16pm

Fact: I love the Simpsons. I own Seasons 1-12 on DVD and watch all of the new episodes.

And I can say that The Simpsons now sucks and is goodness-awful. The new episodes are an affront to the quality that was the older Simpsons. I say with all seriousness that the last three seasons have been completely unwatchable.

Ke$ha sucks. I've only heard two of her songs but they sound exactly the same.

The Simpsons died after season 13. Also, if they made a collection of the best episodes from the last five years they'd probably only have enough to fill up one floppy disk.
Asparagus

Postby flufflogic » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 10:44am

Gotta admit, I haven't watched it since the movie...
flufflogic

Postby Shinifox » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 12:30pm

Andrew Fitch is an idiot and a hypocrite, you complain about milking a franchise but play sequels past 3. You have not seen an episode of the Simpson so how can you just any of the past seasons? Is that how you review games? You must hate Super Mario Galaxy 2, thats really milking the franchise and is nothing like the original.

And Smallville, he's not at the level of Batman? Superman is the MOST recognized fictional character anyway. As a person from anywhere to name five superheroes I bet you they will say Superman. You seem to take your own opinion as irrefutable logic, when in fact you make the least amount of sense on the geekbox. You sound like you are either perpetually drunk or on some kind of drugs.

In closing you are a moron.
Shinifox

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 12:30pm

LiQuid wrote:I haven't even seen The Shield and I agree wholeheartedly.

That endorsement carries a lot of weight.
Bobloblaw

Postby LiQuid » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 12:43pm

Bobloblaw wrote:

I've never had a rash on my ass but I'd prefer it to having my dick cut off.

Hyperbole!
LiQuid

Postby Bobloblaw » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 1:02pm

LiQuid wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:

I've never had a rash on my ass but I'd prefer it to having my dick cut off.

Hyperbole!

So which part of your statements isn't meant to be taken literally?
Bobloblaw

Postby kenzo » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 1:56pm

Shinifox wrote:Andrew Fitch is an idiot and a hypocrite, you complain about milking a franchise but play sequels past 3. You have not seen an episode of the Simpson so how can you just any of the past seasons? Is that how you review games? You must hate Super Mario Galaxy 2, thats really milking the franchise and is nothing like the original.

And Smallville, he's not at the level of Batman? Superman is the MOST recognized fictional character anyway. As a person from anywhere to name five superheroes I bet you they will say Superman. You seem to take your own opinion as irrefutable logic, when in fact you make the least amount of sense on the geekbox. You sound like you are either perpetually drunk or on some kind of drugs.

Dear rage-filled newbie,

Andrew Fitch will never read this. If you bothered to pay attention to the podcast while you listen, you'd know that he never goes on any forums, let alone this one. You are figuratively yelling at a brick wall here.

kenzo

Postby Master Higgins » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 2:45pm

kenzo wrote:
Shinifox wrote:Andrew Fitch is an idiot and a hypocrite, you complain about milking a franchise but play sequels past 3. You have not seen an episode of the Simpson so how can you just any of the past seasons? Is that how you review games? You must hate Super Mario Galaxy 2, thats really milking the franchise and is nothing like the original.

Dear rage-filled newbie,

Andrew Fitch will never read this. If you bothered to pay attention to the podcast while you listen, you'd know that he never goes on any forums, let alone this one. You are figuratively yelling at a brick wall here.

But he's not wrong. :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 3:19pm

Master Higgins wrote:But he's not wrong. :lol:

His crass attitude is wrong. And as for Superman versus Batman being the most recognized, is that in the entire world, or just the US? Because by now, I'd say heroes like Batman and Spiderman have much more traction around the world versus Superman. I mean, shit. There's an Indian-Spiderman now. Where's my Indian-Superman?
kenzo

Postby Shinifox » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 7:16pm

kenzo wrote:

His crass attitude is wrong. And as for Superman versus Batman being the most recognized, is that in the entire world, or just the US? Because by now, I'd say heroes like Batman and Spiderman have much more traction around the world versus Superman. I mean, shit. There's an Indian-Spiderman now. Where's my Indian-Superman?

I know he doesn't read them, but I know Higgins does. So does Karen and so does Ryan, I am pretty sure they would bring up this obvious big topic since certain unaware douchebags *cough* you *cough* don't know their ass from their elbow.

Spider-Man and Batman are NOT as recognizable as Superman, and I hate Superman. So this isn't some fanboy love shit. Spider-Man who happens to be my favorite character is nowhere near as famous or know as Supes. Batman is on the come up for sure but he is not at the level of a Superman. Closest you can get but not pass him in anyway.

For you 'Indian Spider-Man' stupidity, there has been a Russian Superman. Where's your Russian Spider-Man. See how fucking ignorant and stupid that argument is? Please do not make me pull out my Comic Book Nerd Penis and smack you in the face with its massive girth because my knowledge is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay strong. You can google Spider-Man and click on alternate version... Oh shit so can! There is millions of different versions of every character. Give me something credible like I don't know.... People in Uruguay yelling Batman and Spider-Man when asked about superheroes, or kids in 3rd world countries, I bet you those people who can't even read know who Superman is. Superman = Superhero.
Shinifox

Postby kenzo » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 8:32pm

Shinifox wrote:I know he doesn't read them, but I know Higgins does. So does Karen and so does Ryan, I am pretty sure they would bring up this obvious big topic since certain unaware douchebags *cough* you *cough* don't know their ass from their elbow
Master Higgins, Ryan Scott, and Karen Chu have better things to do with their life than inform Fitch he has a detractor on the internet called "Shinifox." Like I said, you're accomplishing nothing. Oh, except being annoying as collateral damage. You're doing a good job at that. Speaking of which:

Shinifox wrote:Spider-Man and Batman are NOT as recognizable as Superman, and I hate Superman. So this isn't some fanboy love shit. Spider-Man who happens to be my favorite character is nowhere near as famous or know as Supes. Batman is on the come up for sure but he is not at the level of a Superman. Closest you can get but not pass him in anyway.

International box office draw:
-Spiderman 3: $554 Million
-The Dark Knight: $469 Million
-Superman Returns: $191 Million
Just sayin'.
kenzo

Postby shlimmy » Jul 25th, 2010 @ 8:48pm

All I can say is before, during, and after Inception I was looking forward to the Geekbox anaylsis. That is why this podcast rules all others,
shlimmy

Postby flufflogic » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 12:40am

My son named Superman straight away when asked to name a superhero, my daughter Batman.

All I'm saying is I'm bringing them up right. :D
flufflogic

Postby kenzo » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 1:53am

shlimmy wrote:All I can say is before, during, and after Inception I was looking forward to the Geekbox anaylsis. That is why this podcast rules all others,
^5
kenzo

Postby uppi17 » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 3:09am

kenzo wrote:

His crass attitude is wrong.

Are you referring to Shinifox or Fitch?
uppi17

Postby kenzo » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 3:35am

uppi17 wrote:
kenzo wrote:

His crass attitude is wrong.

Are you referring to Shinifox or Fitch?

Mostly Shinifox, since Fitch was being a hater on his podcast, among his friends. This is opposed to Shinifox who is raging out on random strangers, on a community forum that he's contributed nine posts to. That's the kind of behavior I expect to see on the blog comments, not here.

And for the record, I probably overreacted too. :?
kenzo

Postby ACSlayter » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 7:58am

The man of Fitchstry was awesome! The jizz on my face comment about made my spit AMP all over my car.
Had to skip the Inception talk, but it was a great overall podcast.
Time to die, preppy.
ACSlayter

Postby PantslessJedi » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 9:58am

Now that I've seen Inception, I can go back and listen to the last bits of the podcast.
PantslessJedi

Postby LiQuid » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 10:02am

PantslessJedi wrote:Now that I've seen Inception, I can go back and listen to the last bits of the podcast.

You're not missing much. It's a half hour of "Buhhhhh, that movie was pretty cool, eh?"
LiQuid

Postby Mr_eX » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 12:33pm

Listening to them talk about Inception was like listening to them talk about an episode of Lost.

Ryan's hate for Way of the Gun seemed really random to me.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Shinifox » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 1:37pm

kenzo wrote:
Shinifox wrote:I know he doesn't read them, but I know Higgins does. So does Karen and so does Ryan, I am pretty sure they would bring up this obvious big topic since certain unaware douchebags *cough* you *cough* don't know their ass from their elbow
Master Higgins, Ryan Scott, and Karen Chu have better things to do with their life than inform Fitch he has a detractor on the internet called "Shinifox." Like I said, you're accomplishing nothing. Oh, except being annoying as collateral damage. You're doing a good job at that. Speaking of which:

Shinifox wrote:Spider-Man and Batman are NOT as recognizable as Superman, and I hate Superman. So this isn't some fanboy love shit. Spider-Man who happens to be my favorite character is nowhere near as famous or know as Supes. Batman is on the come up for sure but he is not at the level of a Superman. Closest you can get but not pass him in anyway.

Just sayin'.

Yeah so the fact that directly above my post is Higgins posting and responding to what I said... You are a moron. I am surprised you can piece enough words together to still be wrong. You are a modern marvel, you're the new Dr. Light when he was stupid and useless.

Superman Entire Film Series (Including Inflation and DVD/BluRay/VHS Sales): $1,184,649,929.53
Shinifox

Postby dabeast0976 » Jul 26th, 2010 @ 2:01pm

Shinifox wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Just sayin'.

Yeah so the fact that directly above my post is Higgins posting and responding to what I said... You are a moron. I am surprised you can piece enough words together to still be wrong. You are a modern marvel, you're the new Dr. Light when he was stupid and useless.

Superman Entire Film Series (Including Inflation and DVD/BluRay/VHS Sales): $1,184,649,929.53

I only pull this one out for special occasions...

Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics