Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 77

Postby Rydog » Aug 4th, 2010 @ 11:11pm

In this week's episode, we complain at Ryan Higgins for hating everything and being dumb, just like last week, and it spawns a giant argument thread.

Just kidding. I hope.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 77

Postby kenzo » Aug 4th, 2010 @ 11:21pm

Let's get the trolling/arguments off to a good start:

First to post! :lol:
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 4th, 2010 @ 11:25pm

This one was posted pretty late, glad someone got me into Modern Warfare 2 again or I'd be asleep.

Will listen as soon as it downloads. Hopefully it isn't all about Higgin's hating things again :<
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby The__Doctor » Aug 4th, 2010 @ 11:27pm

Does anyone else hate Tennant as the doctor?
The__Doctor

Postby Rydog » Aug 4th, 2010 @ 11:48pm

The__Doctor wrote:Does anyone else hate Tennant as the doctor?

Nope, it's just you. Weirdo.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 3:49am

I always have comments I want to make, but by the time the podcast is over I forget them. I was cursed with bad short term memory.

Instead of emailing you Ryan Scott, I will tell you here, I'm playing DC Universe on a console rather than on a PC, my reason is as Ryan Higgins said, I don't want to spend a ton of money when I already have something capable of playing it with good quality. If I had a PC I'd only choose a console if the controls were more action oriented liked DC Universe is claimed to be.

I've always been a 100% completionist. I remember the amount of time I poured into Final Fantasy XII just to get that last Yiazmat hunt taken care of, back then if a game was good enough I would do my best to get 100% complete, I didn't need the help of Achievements or Trophies egging me on. The only game I can think of from this console generation that I actively wanted to get 100% on like I did back when is Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I also recently started playing Symphony of the Night again, and I'm trying to get through it without looking at any kind of guide because that's how I did it back then. I'm completely stuck, it amazes me how much better at games I was then. I've gotten lazy since I know there is a guide to fall back on.

My cable gave out so I've been catching up on some old shows. One of which is Supernatural, I saw the first season awhile ago when it first started airing so I'm going through it again in order to refresh my memory. I agree with Karen and all the forum members who have been suggesting it, it's a great show and one Ryan Higgins needs to add to his list to watch. Put it in after Stargate SG-1. Oh yeah, X-Files is awesome, I have not finished the last season yet. I think I stopped in the middle of the season while it was still airing, I need to go through and re-watch it.

One thing I love about Post-Lost is that there is nothing you can talk about that would spoil anything for me. All that's left for you to talk about are shows where the story is not why I watch them.

I liked that you finally mentioned GWJ, it's a great podcast that I enjoy along with all the others you normally mention. Murdoch inspired me to want to build a MAME cabinet. Want too, but I never will.

That's all I remember of what I was going to say. I may listen again so I can comment some more. Glad there was nothing too fight worthy that happened.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 6:48am

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I always have comments I want to make, but by the time the podcast is over I forget them. I was cursed with bad short term memory.

If it's important enough, I'll remember it. Usually a skim through other people's comments makes me remember though.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 8:54am

kenzo wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:I always have comments I want to make, but by the time the podcast is over I forget them. I was cursed with bad short term memory.

If it's important enough, I'll remember it. Usually a skim through other people's comments makes me remember though.

Then there's always the idea of listening to it and typing your thoughts at the same time, much like I am right now...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 8:56am

Hey, I got a shout-out! Thanks, guys!!!
Last edited by jinpei05 on Aug 5th, 2010 @ 9:23am, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby shadyjohnson » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 9:11am

The other day I walked in to Walmart and one of the stockers was shaking her head and cursing the fact that she worked at Walmart. Maybe something happened that day that made her upset, but I can't think too highly of a company that takes out life insurance policies on its employees that only pay Walmart. It's just an egregious policy that demonstrates a highly negative view of its workers. Penn taking the side of Walmart is typical Penn. He likes to play devil's advocate. I wouldn't put much stock in his opinions.
Pro Lurker
shadyjohnson

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 10:47am

Ban this man.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 11:00am

Mr_eX wrote:

Ban this man.

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 11:36am

Master Higgins wrote:

ROFL!!! Thanks a lot, Higgins! Now I can only picture Bob Saget talking about how he used to suck dick for coke!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby drunner2 » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 11:52am

jinpei05 wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:

ROFL!!! Thanks a lot, Higgins! Now I can only picture Bob Saget talking about how he used to suck dick for coke!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Full House = ruined forever. Thanks, internet.
drunner2

Postby dabeast0976 » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 12:31pm

Master Higgins wrote:

Thanks Higgins!. Right Click...Save Image As...
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 1:49pm

Supernatural > Lost + Burn Notice + Doctor Who + Joss Whedon's shows + X-Files
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Jaebird » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 3:16pm

Prior to writing this post, I went ahead and added Supernatural to my Netflix queue, mostly because other people kept recommending it to me. And by other people, I mean this one guy who won't shut is face about it.

Anyway, I completely agree with Higgins about DiMaggio doing the voice for Joker. I kept hearing Bender at times, and, since you mentioned it, I did hear Elzar, too. I may get scorn for saying this, but the guy who played Joker on The Batman series from a few years ago would have done a better job. Other than that, I though Red Hood was an okay film.

Edit: The second X-Files movie was a sub-par freak of the week plot with some guy making a Frankenstein's monster body for his boyfriend using body-parts of women.

And even though the show went downhill after 6, there was an episode form season 8 that I remember liking. I think it was called "The Metal Man". I remember it being one of the better freak of the week episodes in that it was a call-back to the earlier seasons. (In my opinion, that is.)
Last edited by Jaebird on Aug 5th, 2010 @ 3:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Offering $5 sketches.)
Jaebird

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 3:27pm

Mr_eX wrote:Supernatural > Lost + Burn Notice + Doctor Who + Joss Whedon's shows + X-Files

Well it's a good show, but it ain't the best thing in the world. That statement is a little fanboy-ish.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 3:37pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Supernatural > Lost + Burn Notice + Doctor Who + Joss Whedon's shows + X-Files

Well it's a good show, but it ain't the best thing in the world. That statement is a little fanboy-ish.

Last I heard you'd only seen some season one episodes(the worst season), you're not really able to say if it's the best show ever entil you watch it all.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby The__Doctor » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 4:34pm

Spoiler: show

Can we at least agree that smith is fantastic?
The__Doctor

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 5:07pm

10 > 11
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby achickenchaser » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 6:16pm

You guys should all watch Dexter if you're looking for a new show to get into that's currently running. New season starts in, I think, September. First two seasons are on Netflix streaming.
achickenchaser

Postby The__Doctor » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 6:20pm

Good Tennant episodes:
Gridlock
Blink
Silence in the Library
Forest of the dead
Utopia
The Girl in the fireplace
The Lazarus Experiment
Midnight Sky
Waters of Mars

Meh Tennant episodes:
The rest

Oh god please don't mention these episodes:
Turn Left
The Stolen Earth
Journeys End
Planet of the Dead
Love and Monsters

I think he did get better in the specials, especially waters of mars. Whenever I talk about this I bring up Tennant in The Sontaran Stratagem. He hates guns, and whines every time he gets the chance, chiming in about how big and bad those just terrible gun people are. A similar thing happened in The Hungry Earth, someone tried to bring guns into the mix. Instead of freaking out and sobbing for half an hour 11 just smiled and told her to put them away.
Last edited by The__Doctor on Aug 5th, 2010 @ 6:37pm, edited 4 times in total.
The__Doctor

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 6:22pm

You're insane.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby The__Doctor » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 7:05pm

Mr_eX wrote:You're insane.

The__Doctor

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 7:15pm

Higgins, Jason was suppose to be in an episode of Supernatural not Freddy. It was an episode where they were stuck in dreams and the person controlling the dream was going to make Jason go after them. The deal fell through at the last minute but apparently they already had the costume and everything ready to go. What they replaced him with I think worked better for the story arc.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 7:33pm

Fuck that mine cart puzzle.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby The__Doctor » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 10:54pm

That is the animated version of the image previously posted. Thanks

Anyone watch mad men?
The__Doctor

Postby kenzo » Aug 5th, 2010 @ 11:11pm

The__Doctor wrote:That is the animated version of the image previously posted. Thanks

Anyone watch mad men?

Dear Lord, newbie.
http://forums.geekbox.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=243
kenzo

Postby uppi17 » Aug 6th, 2010 @ 1:18am

Love and Monsters is a great Tennant episode. I could explain why but this website says it better than I ever could.

And I got a shout out in this episode too! Thanks Karen.
uppi17

Next
Forum Statistics