Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 78

Postby Rydog » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 9:40pm

In this week's episode, I beat Fitch to death with my microphone, Karen finally loses it and turns into a raging she-demon, and Roadie Brock tells us about his buddy Coby "Jesse 'Dumb New Guy on Burn Notice' Porter" Bell.

Only one of these things is true.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 78

Postby Biscuits » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 9:51pm

...First...?
Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage!
Biscuits

Postby kenzo » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 9:59pm

Biscuits wrote:...First...?

We don't do that here. :lol:
kenzo

Postby Biscuits » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 10:15pm

kenzo wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. Anyway, I'm glad I was awake to see the podcast go up.
Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage!
Biscuits

Postby kenzo » Aug 12th, 2010 @ 11:05pm

Biscuits wrote:
kenzo wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. Anyway, I'm glad I was awake to see the podcast go up.

I'm teasin' ya. It doesn't usually happen, but I don't think anyone will get upset if you do; unlike most places that are uptight about that kind of shit (for example: nobody called me out on it last week).
kenzo

Postby Brad Grenz » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 12:35am

Jesse, on Burn Notice, is a terrible character because he is basically Scrappy Doo. And we all know Scrappy Doo ruined the Scooby Doo cartoons.
Brad Grenz

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 6:29am

Thank you Ryan, you spared me from having to listen to Rebel FM this morning, a fate truly worse than death.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 9:15am

I knew Supernatural would be too scary for Karen
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Lombaszko » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 9:24am

On last week's Burn Notice I was half hoping Fiona would have just given Vaughn the bible so Jesse would get his life back and be gone for good!
I thought the other guy playing the assassin was great. It made me wish they had cast him as Jesse instead!
Lombaszko

Postby jinpei05 » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 10:03am

Ryan Scott is a whore. A filthy, filthy whore.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 10:47am

I think its funny that Fitch thinks Supernatural is for 13 year old girls. It's the bloodiest most violent show on network TV.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 11:55am

Mr_eX wrote:I think its funny that Fitch thinks Supernatural is for 13 year old girls. It's the bloodiest most violent show on network TV.

They're used to it, what with going through puberty and all.

I'd like to know what Karen got so scared of. Ryan Scott asked and she was about to answer, then someone derailed her from it.

Again, I forgot mostly what was talked about, and iTunes erased the episode again, and last time I tried to download and listen again so I could comment it didn't work out so well.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 12:07pm

I just remembered. Someone was chewing gum the entire podcast, or most of it. Normally I don't care at all about eating, and think it's pretty funny that people get so upset at Karen for it, but something about hearing someone chew gum in your ear isn't that friendly. Stick to Sour patch Kids.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 12:42pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:I think its funny that Fitch thinks Supernatural is for 13 year old girls. It's the bloodiest most violent show on network TV.

I'd like to know what Karen got so scared of. Ryan Scott asked and she was about to answer, then someone derailed her from it.

Again, I forgot mostly what was talked about, and iTunes erased the episode again, and last time I tried to download and listen again so I could comment it didn't work out so well.

I hope it wasn't the ghost truck episode.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 1:38pm

Mr_eX wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:

That episode was pretty bad. All it reminded me of was that horrible movie Joy Ride so if there was anything enjoyable in that episode I missed it. I was sick of modern urban legends since the first time I heard one, then Urban Legend ruined them even more for me. I didn't like any of those episodes of Supernatural that much, besides Lady in White. That one was okay, Hook Man was alright too because they put a twist on it.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kftgr » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 1:41pm

Yes! Love for Castlevania HOD in popular media. Brings back a strong PSO vibe. Love for Catan too makes this episode doubly awesome. Although there's no local multiplayer, do you folks ever play on XBLA?
kftgr

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 2:00pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:

That episode was pretty bad. All it reminded me of was that horrible movie Joy Ride so if there was anything enjoyable in that episode I missed it. I was sick of modern urban legends since the first time I heard one, then Urban Legend ruined them even more for me. I didn't like any of those episodes of Supernatural that much, besides Lady in White. That one was okay, Hook Man was alright too because they put a twist on it.

Bloody Mary wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. The ghost truck episode was bad though. Assuming she was watching season 1, it could have been Asylum or Skin that scared Karen off.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby PantslessJedi » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 2:34pm

I love Supernatural, it's like a roller coaster of awesome.

There was only one episode that filled me with dread and horror.. the one with the ghosts in the insane asylum. 'course I don't like those to begin with, but the imagery in that episode freaked me the hell out.
PantslessJedi

Postby Karen » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 3:24pm

Mr_eX wrote:I'd like to know what Karen got so scared of. Ryan Scott asked and she was about to answer, then someone derailed her from it.

The tipping point was the redneck family butcher episode.

But oh boy, the art direction in Supernatural is superb.
THIS GAME GETS 5 APPLES OUT OF PEPSI

http://www.twitter.com/momopeche
Karen
White Dudes Only

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 3:35pm

Karen wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:I'd like to know what Karen got so scared of. Ryan Scott asked and she was about to answer, then someone derailed her from it.

It's funny you say that, I just finished rewatching season one and one of the things that jumped out at me is is that it lacks the style of the other seasons.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Karen » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 4:06pm

Mr_eX wrote:
It's funny you say that, I just finished rewatching season one and one of the things that jumped out at me is is that it lacks the style of the other seasons.

Patrick and I are so impressed by the outfitting, dialogue, and casting for the Angel and Demon factions. So stylish and so on point.
THIS GAME GETS 5 APPLES OUT OF PEPSI

http://www.twitter.com/momopeche
Karen
White Dudes Only

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 4:42pm

Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 4:45pm

I bet Karen wouldn't be down with True Blood.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 4:47pm

True Blood isn't scary at all so she might be able to make it through it but it doesn't look as good as Supernatural.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 5:02pm

Mr_eX wrote:True Blood isn't scary at all so she might be able to make it through it but it doesn't look as good as Supernatural.

The violence is very hokey, but it's still extremely violent nonetheless.
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 5:07pm

It's nowhere near as good as Supernatural. It doesn't seem that well made, kind of like the B-movie of TV show B-movies. Every character has something about them I can't stand, and the people I usually like die. The worst is Anna Paquin. It took me most of season one to stop caring about that giant gap in her teeth. Then season two came out and I had to get used to it all over again. Terra is super annoying, she's way too over the top sassy. None of that matters though, just ranting.

Supernatural > True Blood

No matter what.

edit: Violence isn't scary.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 5:10pm

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:It's nowhere near as good as Supernatural. It doesn't seem that well made, kind of like the B-movie of TV show B-movies. Every character has something about them I can't stand, and the people I usually like die. The worst is Anna Paquin. It took me most of season one to stop caring about that giant gap in her teeth. Then season two came out and I had to get used to it all over again. Terra is super annoying, she's way too over the top sassy. None of that matters though, just ranting.
Man, you would love this season - both those characters are getting abused like crazy. It's been fun just to root against them.

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:edit: Violence isn't scary.
...To you. It can be for other people.
kenzo

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 5:11pm

Karen wrote:

What about that episode scared you? On the podcast you mentioned their timing, I agree it is excellent, but I don't remember anything in that episode that could have used that.

I'm practically senile, so I'm forgetting what happened in that episode.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby BEARinaMANSUIT » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 5:15pm

kenzo wrote:
BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:It's nowhere near as good as Supernatural. It doesn't seem that well made, kind of like the B-movie of TV show B-movies. Every character has something about them I can't stand, and the people I usually like die. The worst is Anna Paquin. It took me most of season one to stop caring about that giant gap in her teeth. Then season two came out and I had to get used to it all over again. Terra is super annoying, she's way too over the top sassy. None of that matters though, just ranting.
Man, you would love this season - both those characters are getting abused like crazy. It's been fun just to root against them.

BEARinaMANSUIT wrote:edit: Violence isn't scary.
...To you. It can be for other people.

I might check it out again. Those were the only two that were really annoying, the others just aren't very good actors. Isn't it about werewolf bikers? I think that's why I skipped out. I couldn't stop thinking about how I really don't want to see Sons of Anarchy meet vampires.

I guess it depends on what kind of violence, and I just can't see True Blood having violence more than vampires stalking and eating people and things like that.
BEARinaMANSUIT

Postby kenzo » Aug 13th, 2010 @ 7:31pm

Good episode, worth the wait. This has gotta be the first time in forever that the whole crew was in the same room at the same time.
kenzo

Next
Forum Statistics