Page 1 of 3

The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 10:40pm
by Rydog
In this week's episode, we share our thoughts on utilikilts and APB's untimely death.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 11:07pm
by lemon-fresh
Durgers!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 11:34pm
by kenzo
There's talk of Minecraft!?!? :o :shock: :o

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 3:16am
by GhaleonQ
While I totally understand the need to enforce "the X channel needs to be devoted to X" logic, Delocated (especially) and Childrens Hospital are easily the best shows on Cartoon Network now that The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack is done. You don't have Nielsen boxes. Watch them!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:21am
by flufflogic
There's more than one Doctor Who Museum.

There's one in Blackpool that has a ton of the old props, set replicas etc, for example. There's also a museum tour of props from the current series and the post-05 stuff, currently based at the Centre for Life in Newcastle. MOMI in London used to have all the Daleks, but I'm not sure if they still do.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 6:36am
by Mr_eX
I haven't listened yet but I noticed Odd Jobs is discussed. Just thought I'd say that NBC has ordered a pilot for it as of yesterday. For those that don't know what it is, Locke and Ben play former black-ops agents and it sounds like it's going to be an action comedy.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 6:37am
by dabeast0976
I still have not played Bioshock. I've had it for over a year and still have not played it. :(

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 6:56am
by Lombaszko
Aquariums should just use transparent aluminum. It'll even hold whales!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 8:10am
by shadyjohnson
:lol: Receipts!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 10:00am
by jinpei05
dabeast0976 wrote:I still have not played Bioshock. I've had it for over a year and still have not played it. :(


You made Jesus cry. :cry:

Hey, Ryan. In the UK, they spell bankruptcy with a u.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 10:15am
by bayfield
Halo + Halo 2 came out for PC. The only place you can get achievements for Halo 2 is PC, along with the only place you can still play Halo 2 Multiplayer is PC.

:ugeek:

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 10:40am
by Mr_eX
I watch True Blood because its terrible.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 11:07am
by enemy
Tom and Eric Super Show is the best show ever. Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! is even better though.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 11:50am
by flufflogic
jinpei05 wrote:
dabeast0976 wrote:I still have not played Bioshock. I've had it for over a year and still have not played it. :(


You made Jesus cry. :cry:

Hey, Ryan. In the UK, they spell bankruptcy with a u.


The term he's looking for is "administration", anyway; I believe in the US it's called Chapter 11 or some such. Basically, it's selling all redeemable assets to try and avoid utter closure.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 11:56am
by PantslessJedi
I'm glad I'm not the only one who still reads manuals...


On the can!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 11:58am
by jinpei05
The network that Ryan Scott wants/Ryan Higgins was talking about is The HUB. It's half Hasbro and half Discover Kids.

Check it out here:

http://forums.geekbox.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2042

I've been saying this for years: Cartoon Network has sucked ass ever since more live-action shows have made it to the air.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 1:24pm
by kenzo
GhaleonQ wrote:While I totally understand the need to enforce "the X channel needs to be devoted to X" logic, Delocated (especially) and Childrens Hospital are easily the best shows on Cartoon Network now that The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack is done. You don't have Nielsen boxes. Watch them!
No. You're wrong here. It's called Cartoon Network. There's nothing remotely animated about Childrens Hospital or those other live shows. If they want to make Adult Swim the channel, with a variety of shit, that's fine. But keep that shit off of Cartoon Network.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 1:57pm
by Mr_eX
Halo is one of the most influential games ever.

There are no big PC exclusive shooters anymore.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 1:58pm
by kenzo
Mr_eX wrote:Halo is one of the most influential games ever.

There are no big PC exclusive shooters anymore.
Unless you count TF2.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 2:18pm
by jinpei05
kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Halo is one of the most influential games ever.

There are no big PC exclusive shooters anymore.
Unless you count TF2.


Orange Box says hi.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 2:20pm
by Mr_eX
kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Halo is one of the most influential games ever.

There are no big PC exclusive shooters anymore.
Unless you count TF2.


Umm...

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 2:46pm
by Konanda
Solution for being taxed on lottery winnings. Move to Canada.

April you should check out Risk Factions on XBLA. It's pretty cool they have old school risk along with a new objective based risk both in the same game. I think it's 800 Microsoft Points.

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Halo is one of the most influential games ever.

There are no big PC exclusive shooters anymore.
Unless you count TF2.


Mr_eX said exclusive not the best version is on PC.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 3:39pm
by kftgr
"Hexagons are AWESOME!" -- Karen

For some reason Karen's enthusiasm for the hex-grid was just so infectious, it made me smile.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 3:41pm
by bayfield
kftgr wrote:"Hexagons are AWESOME!" -- Karen
For some reason Karen's enthusiasm for the hex-grid was just so infectious, it made me smile.

guess it's a bit like Herpes..

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 3:50pm
by kftgr
bayfield wrote:
kftgr wrote:"Hexagons are AWESOME!" -- Karen
For some reason Karen's enthusiasm for the hex-grid was just so infectious, it made me smile.

guess it's a bit like Herpes..


You love that burning sensation, don't you?

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:30pm
by Konanda
I think when Master Higgins says something is stupid he means he doesn't like it or it's not relevant to his interest. Mixed in with some of his self-admitted reluctance to like something that is very popular.

Oh and BTW Limbo is great up until between the halfway and 2/3rds point after which it's ok. As a result the second half drags quite a bit compared to the first.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 4:57pm
by Karen
kftgr wrote:"Hexagons are AWESOME!" -- Karen

For some reason Karen's enthusiasm for the hex-grid was just so infectious, it made me smile.


Hey, what can I say? The hexagon is the most efficient shape. Also, mind you, I'm a big geometry nerd.

Image

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 5:12pm
by IRL_Troll
Karen wrote:
kftgr wrote:"Hexagons are AWESOME!" -- Karen

For some reason Karen's enthusiasm for the hex-grid was just so infectious, it made me smile.


Hey, what can I say? The hexagon is the most efficient shape. Also, mind you, I'm a big geometry nerd.

Image


But then in theory wouldn't the dodecagon be twice as efficient?

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 5:15pm
by Karen
IRL_Troll wrote:
But then in theory wouldn't the dodecagon be twice as efficient?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_conjecture

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 84

PostPosted: Sep 23rd, 2010 @ 5:22pm
by IRL_Troll
Karen wrote:
IRL_Troll wrote:
But then in theory wouldn't the dodecagon be twice as efficient?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_conjecture


Seeing as how I glazed over after the 1st equation I'll just assume I got completely proven wrong