Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 87

Postby Rydog » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 6:18pm

In this week's episode, jinepi05 greets his forum fellows with a warm welcome. Enjoy the madness!

UPDATE: Karen found her pink frog in Pocket Frogs; thanks everyone!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 87

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 6:20pm

Are you kidding me? Man, fuck that guy! WORST EPISODE EVER.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 6:32pm

I wonder if Liquid gets discussed at all.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 6:35pm

Forum ragenautting... :shock: :? :shock: :?
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 6:52pm

Forum Ragenautting? That never happens here, right guys?
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby Konanda » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 7:11pm

KindGalaxy wrote:Forum Ragenautting? That never happens here, right guys?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not enough Canada hating in the first 3 minutes there, jinpei. I'm disappointed.

Jinpei you have are missing crucial steps in the chonology of the Jinpei meme. The idea was spawned out of TF2 Game night by Mr_eX and I after a talk about Liquid's new avatar. Than we sent out PM requests to anybody that still posts on the forums to do it. kenzo decided to personalise his jinpei face and than that's when everyone else decided to have fun with MSPaint and Photoshop.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 9:52pm

I didn't think it would ever come! Listening now!

Quick Ed: Karen, you wouldn't ever get hate mail from the forum because we wouldn't be here if we didn't at the very least like all of you guys.

Not quick Ed: I seriously wish I had a dollar for every podcast I've listened to this year that has talked about Plants Vs. Zombies. I've never played the game and I never will and it's like Jesus, people keep talking about it!
Last edited by LiQuid on Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:10pm, edited 2 times in total.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 9:57pm

Konanda wrote:Jinpei you have are missing crucial steps in the chonology of the Jinpei meme. The idea was spawned out of TF2 Game night by Mr_eX and I after a talk about Liquid's new avatar. Than we sent out PM requests to anybody that still posts on the forums to do it. kenzo decided to personalise his jinpei face and than that's when everyone else decided to have fun with MSPaint and Photoshop.
Shhhhhh! I was enjoying the fact that I received zero blow-back/blame from that, or the "Jinpei is a hobo who spits in people's faces" bit. :lol:
kenzo

Postby BobbyIncognito » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:27pm

@Ryan Higgins

"No one pays $14.99 for trades...everyone's paying 30% off that on Amazon"

If it makes you feel better, I'll continue to buy from your store; gotta support the local comic shops =) I'm set for the next 8 weeks to come by on Saturday afternoons to finish off the Lucifer TPBs. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Last edited by BobbyIncognito on Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobbyIncognito

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:33pm

Hey even Ryan Scott likes Dazzler! Jinpei am sad!

And FUCKING YES Mystara is fucking amazing. I never had a machine here, but I played a lot of Tower of Doom and loved it. Pumped probably a hundred dollars worth of allowance into it. Played Mystara via MAME so many years later and I'm way in love with it. So jealous of anybody that got to play on an actual machine.
LiQuid

Postby Rydog » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:45pm

LiQuid wrote:Hey even Ryan Scott likes Dazzler! Jinpei am sad!

And FUCKING YES Mystara is fucking amazing. I never had a machine here, but I played a lot of Tower of Doom and loved it. Pumped probably a hundred dollars worth of allowance into it. Played Mystara via MAME so many years later and I'm way in love with it. So jealous of anybody that got to play on an actual machine.

Dazzler's so retarded she's awesome. Roller skating disco mutant chick ftw.

And Mystara's the best. My friends and I used to make trips to one of the local Golflands on weekends just to play it start to finish, and I was (big shock) pretty obsessive about that game and knew all its weird little secrets and tricks. I once beat the game (alongside 3 other players) on a single credit, as the mage. ONLY THE MAGE, NO OTHER CHARACTER WILL DO.

P.S. I was the biggest boss-kill-stealing bitch ever as the mage.
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby kenzo » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:48pm

Rydog wrote:Dazzler's so retarded she's awesome. Roller skating disco mutant chick ftw.
I approve of this message!

Listened to about half the podcast. So far you're a bang-up guest, Jinpei!
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 10:57pm

kenzo wrote:Listened to about half the podcast. So far you're a bang-up host, Jinpei!

FTFY

Ryan: I respect your one quarter run, even more so because you played through with three people and they didn't knock you the fuck out for running away from enemies and stealing all their kills. :o
LiQuid

Postby Rydog » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 11:23pm

LiQuid wrote:
kenzo wrote:Listened to about half the podcast. So far you're a bang-up host, Jinpei!

FTFY

Ryan: I respect your one quarter run, even more so because you played through with three people and they didn't knock you the fuck out for running away from enemies and stealing all their kills. :o

Haha, I'm pretty sure I was the reason everyone was so long-lived. I knew when to use spells and when to cover my ass and evade danger. :)
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby LiQuid » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 11:52pm

Keep telling yourself that, chickenshit. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby Rydog » Oct 14th, 2010 @ 11:58pm

LiQuid wrote:Keep telling yourself that, chickenshit. :lol:

Haha, bear in mind stuff like, say, THE LAST BOSS, where it's a feat to make it through alive (and nowhere to run!). I knew how to stay out of harm's way because I played the game so much. :) I used to be able to do stuff like kill the dark elf and the bird dude without ever letting them stand up from prone position, too.
Ryan Scott
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 12:22am

Hell Yeah Dazzler! Also I would also want a port of the D & D arcade games Ryan.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby kenzo » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 1:53am

Hold up. The last minute or two of the podcast raised some important questions for me:
Jinpei, how come you're not playing Final Fantasy Football with us this year? And when Ryan says that everyone can play TF2 with people like you from the forums, how come I ain't never seen you on a game night?
kenzo

Postby Creep » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 3:12am

Dazzler is indeed awesomely bad. Back in the early days when I started collecting comics, I bought a ton of issues from her series from a pawn shop. This was right at the beginning of my interest in comics and it left an impression. I will always have a soft spot for her. Though, I will only admit it anonymously on the internet.
Creep

Postby Cris » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 3:13am

You guys should watch Top Gear. It's the best tv show of all time
Cris

Postby Creep » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 3:38am

Cris wrote:You guys should watch Top Gear. It's the best tv show of all time

I thought everyone watched Top Gear.
Creep

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 3:57am

Creep wrote:

Could not give a single, dripping, blood-infused shit about Top Gear. I put it in the reality tv part of my brain, alongside Idol, Dance, Chef shit shows, oh and that fucking Mythbuster shit, Christ. TV blows ass, from an ass.
KindGalaxy

Postby Creep » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 4:03am

KindGalaxy wrote:
Creep wrote:

Could not give a single, dripping, blood-infused shit about Top Gear. I put it in the reality tv part of my brain, alongside Idol, Dance, Chef shit shows, oh and that fucking Mythbuster shit, Christ. TV blows ass, from an ass.

But, how do you really feel?
Creep

Postby kenzo » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 4:06am

Top Gear is a good show... but you've got to both A.) really care about expensive cars, and B.) be able to tolerate the personalities of the hosts. I love cars and the hosts, but I'll freely admit that this show isn't for everyone, and I wouldn't begin to recommend it to anyone who doesn't give a shit about cars.

KindGalaxy wrote:Could not give a single, dripping, blood-infused shit about... ...that fucking Mythbuster shit...
Careful there. I don't care what you like or not, but lots of geeks here will murder you for talking shit on Mythbusters. :lol:
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 4:41am

kenzo wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:Could not give a single, dripping, blood-infused shit about... ...that fucking Mythbuster shit...
Careful there. I don't care what you like or not, but lots of geeks here will murder you for talking shit on Mythbusters. :lol:

I'll happily bleed a pint of blood before I watch that show. Anything relating to 'reality tv' has to be shit. The only reason it propagates so well is the low cost of production, high consumer (Daytona Idiot Syndrome) interest which adds to increased advertising dollars, and profits, for who make that bullshit "We've all heard the legend, seen it in horror movies, now, let's see if a cat will explode in a microwave!" MYTHBUSTERS!!!
KindGalaxy

Postby kenzo » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 4:58am

I understand your stance on reality TV. I used to feel that way too. But lately, I've taken the position that reality TV is like being drunk - it's mind-numbing, stupid-fun. And I believe there's a time and a place for both those things. :lol:
kenzo

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 5:05am

kenzo wrote:I understand your stance on reality TV. I used to feel that way too. But lately, I've taken the position that reality TV is like being drunk - it's mind-numbing, stupid-fun. And I believe there's a time and a place for both those things. :lol:

At the end do they black out and wake up next to a nubile 17yo and an English Terrier too? I agree kinda with the drunk part... I used to watch Amazing Race with some friends, drinking beers, by the end just screaming and shouting... we turned to sports recently, especially the Commonwealth Games, for our tv drinking. Now that's over... Aussie Football and Rugby is over... not much else out there, Basketball (NBL, not NBA) just started, sports is way more fun watching with drunk friends than reality tv.
KindGalaxy

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 8:45am

kenzo wrote:Shhhhhh! I was enjoying the fact that I received zero blow-back/blame from that, or the "Jinpei is a hobo who spits in people's faces" bit. :lol:

Actually, you compared me to a smelly hobo, kenzo. Patrick was the one who took it a step further with the spitting. :lol:

Rydog wrote:
LiQuid wrote:Hey even Ryan Scott likes Dazzler! Jinpei am sad!

Dazzler's so retarded she's awesome. Roller skating disco mutant chick ftw.

And Mystara's the best. My friends and I used to make trips to one of the local Golflands on weekends just to play it start to finish, and I was (big shock) pretty obsessive about that game and knew all its weird little secrets and tricks. I once beat the game (alongside 3 other players) on a single credit, as the mage. ONLY THE MAGE, NO OTHER CHARACTER WILL DO.

P.S. I was the biggest boss-kill-stealing bitch ever as the mage.

What's this? Ryan Scott coming down from his ivory tower not to rebuke, but to cavort with his worshipers? The mind boggles...

And if you read carefully, LiQuid, Ryan Scott said she's so retarded that she actually loops all the way back around to cool for him. So, he agrees with me. :)

Was Mystara or Tower of Doom the one with the dragon that the game advised you against attacking head on like, five times, before it finally let you travel to your death?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 9:20am

That was Tower of Doom, that dragon is a motherfucker, and you never said Dazzler was cool. I wanna hear you say that. I heard you groan when Ryan said Dazzler was the best! You don't think me and Kenzo know she's retarded? Oh man I love Dazzler.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 15th, 2010 @ 9:23am

LiQuid wrote:That was Tower of Doom, that dragon is a motherfucker, and you never said Dazzler was cool. I wanna hear you say that. I heard you groan when Ryan said Dazzler was the best! You don't think me and Kenzo know she's retarded? Oh man I love Dazzler.

:lol:

I love you, mang. Don't ever change.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Next
Forum Statistics