Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 87

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 9:55am

jinpei05 wrote:
lemon-fresh wrote:Yea, I don't think jin realizes how he comes across on the interwebz. It doesn't really matter, but it sure is fun to bug him about it. :D

To be fair, the internet isn't a place for subtle. And you can try all you want to get under my skin, it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Thanks for toughening me up.

We're fine knowing Patrick Joynt will hit you in the teeth if you get too cocky.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 9:55am

:lol: :lol:
lemon-fresh

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:00am

KindGalaxy wrote:We're fine knowing Patrick Joynt will hit you in the teeth if you get too cocky.

Cocky? Me? PUH-LEEZE... :roll:

And he can try, but it may prove difficult.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:02am

Taekwondo spinning back kick to the face? My friend catches people all the time with that one.
lemon-fresh

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:04am

jinpei05 wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:We're fine knowing Patrick Joynt will hit you in the teeth if you get too cocky.

... That second sentence was cocky. Thus proving my point and disproving your initial sentence.

also @lemon-fresh, Jinny seems totally a spinning bird kick kind of girl.

Oh lookie @lemon-fresh, we're getting under his skin, it only takes a few minutes :D
And you can try all you want to get under my skin, it doesn't bother me at all anymore.
KindGalaxy

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:06am

HIGH FIVE! :lol:
lemon-fresh

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:08am

KindGalaxy wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:

... That second sentence was cocky. Thus proving my point and disproving your initial sentence.

also @lemon-fresh, Jinny seems totally a spinning bird kick kind of girl.

Oh lookie @lemon-fresh, we're getting under his skin, it only takes a few minutes :D
And you can try all you want to get under my skin, it doesn't bother me at all anymore.

Yes, I realize. That's why I put it in, that was the joke. Again, subtlety is not found on the internet.

I am a spinning bird kick fan. Chun Li's my back-up in Super Street Fighter IV, after Juri, who does have a wicked spinning back kick.

So what's the story with you possibly visiting Chicago? You have to try Hot Doug's!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:09am

lemon-fresh wrote:HIGH FIVE! :lol:

KindGalaxy

Postby darfox8 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:18am

Greg K on the podcast? YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

I should warn Ryan. If MGS4 comes up on the podcast I don't think he'll be tolerant of your weird near-jerk reactions to it. Same probably goes for Assassins Creed 2.

Also, I remember Greg K talking about someone getting a job by submitting a bunch of his gamepsot user reviews as his portfolio(this was ages ago) was that Ryan or has that happened more than once.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby Rydog » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:56am

darfox8 wrote:Greg K on the podcast? YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

I should warn Ryan. If MGS4 comes up on the podcast I don't think he'll be tolerant of your weird near-jerk reactions to it. Same probably goes for Assassins Creed 2.

Also, I remember Greg K talking about someone getting a job by submitting a bunch of his gamepsot user reviews as his portfolio(this was ages ago) was that Ryan or has that happened more than once.

That was me, although I wound up not getting the GameSpot position I interviewed for, and got an internship at CGW instead. :) I'm sure we'll talk about it on the show.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Postby Karen » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 10:57am

KindGalaxy wrote:
We're fine knowing Patrick Joynt will hit you in the teeth if you get too cocky.

Funny story- Patrick did completely wreck a guy's face by punching him. It was a mugger in LA- a pretty stupid one for thinking he can attack/mug a guy who obviously has been a football player.

Ok, maybe that's not that funny of a story for the mugger guy. His blood got splattered everywhere.
THIS GAME GETS 5 APPLES OUT OF PEPSI

http://www.twitter.com/momopeche
Karen
White Dudes Only

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 11:08am

Cool story, bro. :lol:

What position did he play?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 11:13am

Karen wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:

Funny story- Patrick did completely wreck a guy's face by punching him. It was a mugger in LA- a pretty stupid one for thinking he can attack/mug a guy who obviously has been a football player.

Ok, maybe that's not that funny of a story for the mugger guy. His blood got splattered everywhere.

Were the cops called or was the beating punishment enough?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 12:24pm

Karen wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:

+1 respect for Patrick. Not sure I would have had the ballz to strike an assailant, although adrenaline can do amazing things.
lemon-fresh

Postby darfox8 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 1:13pm

Karen stop bragging about your body-builder boyfriend.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby kenzo » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 1:32pm

lemon-fresh wrote:+1 respect for Patrick. Not sure I would have had the ballz to strike an assailant, although adrenaline can do amazing things.
Punching a mugger is straight up not worth it. So many things could go horribly horribly wrong and it's not worth whatever cash you've got on hand.
kenzo

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 2:39pm

Like I said, adrenaline can do amazing things.
lemon-fresh

Postby kenzo » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 2:50pm

lemon-fresh wrote:Like I said, adrenaline can do amazing things.
Like make it so you don't immediately feel the switchblade that's now lodged in your kidney.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 2:53pm

:lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby KindGalaxy » Oct 18th, 2010 @ 4:30pm

Karen wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:

He rolled a natural 20 on his face. BAHAHAHAHAHA I'm so funny :D
KindGalaxy

Postby uppi17 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 7:35am

jinpei05 wrote:When I was first invited to be on The Geekbox episode #7 back in March 2009, I know that it didn't elicit this kind of response, partly because the forums were at their inception, and not the cornerstone of internet nerd culture that it is today. This thread is a testament to the popularity and awesomeness of this podcast and its crew, that so many people have gravitated toward it and joined the forums, even if it is just to say how awful a job I did.

After listening to it again, I must concede that I did gush a bit at being invited back, but in my experience, I found it better to err on the side of caution and let those who are hospitable to you know you appreciate their efforts rather than ever let them think you're taking them for granted!

I'm just curious Jinpei, but how were you invited back on the show?
uppi17

Postby dabeast0976 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 9:17am

Karen wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:

Wow, beats my story. A drunk guy kept trying to hit on my female friends at a local Manhattan bar. No matter how many times we told him to leave he kept coming back. He made another move, this time towards my wife, and i had to be held back by everyone. He was thrown out and the bar manager had shots with me to apologize.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby dabeast0976 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 9:17am

uppi17 wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:When I was first invited to be on The Geekbox episode #7 back in March 2009, I know that it didn't elicit this kind of response, partly because the forums were at their inception, and not the cornerstone of internet nerd culture that it is today. This thread is a testament to the popularity and awesomeness of this podcast and its crew, that so many people have gravitated toward it and joined the forums, even if it is just to say how awful a job I did.

After listening to it again, I must concede that I did gush a bit at being invited back, but in my experience, I found it better to err on the side of caution and let those who are hospitable to you know you appreciate their efforts rather than ever let them think you're taking them for granted!

I'm just curious Jinpei, but how were you invited back on the show?

two words. blackmail pictures. :lol:
dabeast0976

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 10:26am

uppi17 wrote:I'm just curious Jinpei, but how were you invited back on the show?

I was at PAX Prime and asked Ryan if he would mind having me back the weekend that my cousin was getting married in San Jose.
Last edited by jinpei05 on Oct 19th, 2010 @ 2:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 11:44am

jinpei05 wrote:
uppi17 wrote:I'm just curious Jinpei, but how were you invited back on the show?

I was at PAX Prime and asked Ryan if he would mind having me back the weekend that my cousin was getting married in San Jose. He agreed

So assuming the part I selected is actually true it wasn't so much you were asked back on as you asked to be back on.

Semantics are awesome n'est-ce pas.
:P
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby dabeast0976 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 1:21pm

Konanda wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:

I was at PAX Prime and asked Ryan if he would mind having me back the weekend that my cousin was getting married in San Jose. He agreed

So assuming the part I selected is actually true it wasn't so much you were asked back on as you asked to be back on.

Semantics are awesome n'est-ce pas.
:P

Great. Here we go again... :roll:
dabeast0976

Postby kenzo » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 1:29pm

Kind of can't wait until the next episode so people stop obsessing over Jinpei.
kenzo

Postby darfox8 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 1:35pm

I thought he was fine on the podcast. Weird on the message board, though.
darfox8

Postby lemon-fresh » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 1:42pm

kenzo wrote:Kind of can't wait until the next episode so people stop obsessing over Jinpei.

Yea, that horse is long dead.
lemon-fresh

Postby jinpei05 » Oct 19th, 2010 @ 2:14pm

Christ, people. Move on, already.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics