Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: Best Lost Theories contest

Postby paca0502 » Mar 31st, 2009 @ 5:43pm

Neither Jack and Kate, or Sawyer and Juliet will stay together. Instead Jack and Sawyer will get together. And just to piss off the women, they will legally adopt Aaron.
paca0502

Postby geronimo » Apr 1st, 2009 @ 7:24pm

Lost is really just an MTV reality show, much like The Real World. Jack used the DHARMA cameras to record his whiny rants about how he can't get play from Kate and Juliet and how he's slowly getting attracted to Hurley. After Locke and Eko found the tapes, Jack cried deep in the jungle and tried to do his best to leave the island. But Locke, being the confrontational kind, also tried to keep Jack from leaving and admit his feelings to the other survivors. Jack succeeded, but Jacob used his powers to persuade Jack into coming back. The end.
geronimo

Postby WyndhamPrice » Apr 2nd, 2009 @ 8:52pm

At the end of season 5 the grand reveal will show the skeletons in the cave to be none other than KEAMY AND OMAR in a dying embrace.
Last edited by WyndhamPrice on Apr 11th, 2009 @ 1:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN
WyndhamPrice

Postby FaderCreep » Apr 3rd, 2009 @ 3:54am

milkplus wrote:i know this is a contest and all but as far as i'm concerned this dude has got it pretty much spot on.

is that where it ends with jack waking up back at the start again?

i would say that being the ending is fortunately now way less likely after this weeks episode and the conversation between Miles and Hurley. it had a big impact on a lot of that theory i think. The fact that this is their present, not their past, which is why they dont 'remember' it. for them its happening now. so they could die in the past. because the future already happened.
FaderCreep

Postby tho121 » Apr 3rd, 2009 @ 7:03pm

Richard speaks english well and dresses with appropriate fashion, suggesting that Richard was not always on the Island. Also, Richard not aging suggest he is part of some kind of phenomenon, which would be related to the smoke monster. The den of the smoke monster has hieroglyphics, suggesting ancient civilization. Also, when jumping in time, it is suggested that the island moves. Moving land masses suggest the use of the Pangaea theory, which suggest that the island was part of a larger land mass.

The island could have been right next to the Mayans who created the smoke monster through alien influences like in the latest Indiana Jones. Aliens showed the Mayans how to create the images u can only see from the skies of Peru and the Easter Island statues (and of course crystal skulls). They also showed them how to time travel, which is how aliens travel through space. However, is was a very raw form of time travel and the land mass that is the island now traveled through time back to the Pangaea times, but only once and placing it where it is now (but relative to the histoy of the earth, the island is in a position it was in when there was a super continent). Therefore, the island has some kind of time traveling shield (as the island is in a different time relative to its surroundings) that makes locating it difficult, but if u know the science behind it as does the guy who made the giant island locator (map on floor + huge swinging chalk), the time travel shield can be located.

The time traveling shield locator suggest that Faraday's mom is part of an organization that is directly associated with the phenomenon. Through study of the island of its energy and attributes, the goal of the organization is to find a way to prevent the predicted end of the world in the Mayan calender. This explains why the organization was on the island first because the prediction has been made during ancient civilization times and a certain group of people who wanted to prevent it got together and formed a secret community, eventually evolving into the organization we know today. And of course, because they know what they are looking for, they locate and inhabit the island first.

Being a very old organization, this can be why Jacob is afraid of technology. Also, Dharma could be the result of a defective member who endorses technology as an aid, which is why the Others and Dharma dont cooperate.

i know its suppose to be only a hundred words, but the number of words to number of theories ratio is not that bad :p
tho121

Postby InuiTakumi23 » Apr 5th, 2009 @ 2:34pm

The key to everything is Miles. He can sense the dead but somehow doesnt know that everyone on teh island is dead. Wanna know why? Cuz he's dead too. So that means that the people he does sense are of the land of the living, which is why Locke is still alive. Miles will somehow figure out that they are all part of the darma initiative from the 70s and were among the bodies of the dead that Ben killed. Locke is the only one that either survived or somehow witnessed it but blocked it out. And thats why he will be "passing judgement" on Ben in the next episode.
"I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider. Remember that!"
~Tsukasa/Kamen Rider Decade
InuiTakumi23

Postby Sleepy_Insomniac » Apr 6th, 2009 @ 5:55pm

I have never seen an entire episode of the show, so my theory may not even fit within the context. Anyway, here goes:

I do not think the series will be resolved in any way. Instead, I believe that the very last episode will use some sort of hypnosis on the viewers, zombifying anyone within a ten meter radius. The newborn pseudo-zombies will plague a majority of the United States, leaving non-Lost viewers like myself in a constant struggle for their life. We'll live in a post-apocalyptic world, with the ABC channel as our overlord. The last episode of Lost will be broadcast on every TV channel and internet video site and satellites will constantly stream the episode's audio into our radios and cell phones. Communication will the outside world will be hard to come by and the world will regress into yet another Stone Age. So, in short, the last episode of Lost will end the world.
Sleepy_Insomniac

Postby mjmunden » Apr 10th, 2009 @ 10:30am

The monster is made of metal pieces, the island's magnet properties move it around. When it groups together, it becomes a mirror that allows one to judge their soul. Ben saw all of his prior actions, Eko saw his brother who he felt responsible for killing, Jack saw his Dad who left to Australia to die because Jack told on him, and everyone sees Locke because they all didn’t listen to him and he died to get them back. Richard Alpert is an Anubis.
Last edited by mjmunden on Apr 12th, 2009 @ 7:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjmunden

Postby huntersq » Apr 11th, 2009 @ 9:45pm

LOST is an extension to Douglas Adam's "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Earth is a powerful computer to find the Ultimate question to the ultimate answer "42". "Earth" was working on a backward solution of a series of number jumps from 4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42. The matrix of this series is infused into people.

The Island is a control hub of the computer "Earth" and it can "move" itself physically and temporally to monitor the "Earth" simulation. (btw, the sky turning purple is the same as the old Windows 95 BLUE SCREEN ERROR)

Richard is the Alien tech support sent to take care of the "hub" for the mice overlords. Egyptian writing is Richard's alien language, which he wrote into the "Earth" simulation for better coding.

The mice overlords wanted the simulation to go faster. They gathered people that are closest to the ultimate question into the "hub", and hilarity ensues...

...last scene of Lost:
Dolphins flying out of the ocean singing "So long and thanks for all the fish" as the Volgon galactic-bulldozers approach.
“LOST” letters appear, slowly change to “Don’t Panic”

My theory in short form:
Aliens did it!
huntersq

Postby darfox8 » Apr 12th, 2009 @ 12:13pm

This contest is still going on right? I'm going to try and do my own little mad-lib theory. Fuck it. You know what? I think I'll just write a Lost X Evangelion fan-fic.
--------
Walt is in despair. He is huddled in a corner as if he had no desire to live anymore. Sun is on her cell phone trying to get in touch with the Darpa initiative. While looking at her cell phone she realizes that there is no signal, and she makes her decision.

Else where Jack is staring at the mirror but he doesn't see himself. He see Locke. They are both very annoyed by the violin playing. They hunt down the boy with the violin and kill him but the next night the violin playing continues. Locke, in a desperate rage, screams "I need to stop the smoke monster!". Jack agrees, but with a sad face he says. "John Locke, you are the smoke monster". The last thing they both hear is they both screaming.

Sun and Walt have made it back to Drama Initiative head quarters. Walt, still in despair, refuses to pilot his Mecha. To incentives him Sun kisses Walt very deeply. She says, "That was an adult kiss. When you get back we'll do the rest." She then shoves Walt into the elevator and sends it up. She was sad that she was such a slut, that the only thing she could do to motivate him was to molests him. then half the building explodes and she gets blown to pieces. If you freeze frame it you can see Sun's torso in the middle of the explosion.

When Walt makes it up to the level with his Mecha(Vincent Unit 01) he see it covered in Ectoplasm. Out side he can hear Kate fighting in her Mecha(Vincent unit 02). Fighting against giant Polar Bears with wings and spears and lipstick. She looses and gets eaten alive. Then Walt temporarily becomes god and does away with everything. He then changes his mind and everything goes back to normal. They are back on the island shore and Walt is chocking Kate. Kate wakes up and gently puts her hand on Walts face and he begins to cry. The screen goes black and you hear Kate say, "***********" which the fan subs translated into "I feel sick" and the Official Dub translate it into "How disgusting".
------------------------
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8

Postby AdamGS » Apr 13th, 2009 @ 11:40am

They've all been abducted by aliens. Like in Dark City.

And it turns out Jack has been an alien all this time, which would explain his constant gormless expression.
Gamestyle - Our Word. Your Guide | Twitter |
Xbox Live - Adam1986 | PSN - MyNameIsAdam
AdamGS

Postby Grizzly Evans » Apr 13th, 2009 @ 6:50pm

Lost is a Broadway hit that has Phil Collins leading a group of people on a stranded island that acts out Phil Collin's "greatest" hits.

Examples
i feel it coming in the air at night = Smoke monster
Another Day in Paradise = Living on the island
Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) = Plays right after the plane crash, but pauses when a guy gets sucked in a plane engine being powered by the power of Christ
Last edited by Grizzly Evans on Apr 18th, 2009 @ 5:40pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grizzly Evans

Postby Ender » Apr 14th, 2009 @ 8:13pm

Jack Shepard is an astronaut on mission to Mars, which goes awry because Jack has a mental breakdown after landing, due to the hit of acid he has hidden in his sock. Not knowing reality from fantasy, he punches his way through the rest of the crew, and out onto the Martian surface. He finds a mysterious black box which creates reality from his hallucinations, and the Island is born. Simultaneously Jack dies on Mars and is reborn on the Island, and has no escape from his horrible hallucination since he no longer has access to the box.
Ender

Postby Dr Mrs The Monarch » Apr 15th, 2009 @ 3:02pm

I'm standing behind my giant turtle theory.

http://alilawrencerocks.deviantart.com/ ... -119381768
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 15th, 2009 @ 3:07pm

Dr Mrs The Monarch wrote:Image

Isn't the giant turtle from The Dark Tower series?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Dr Mrs The Monarch » Apr 15th, 2009 @ 3:30pm

Mr_eX wrote:
Dr Mrs The Monarch wrote:Image

Isn't the giant turtle from The Dark Tower series?

not sure, but there was a giant turtle in Never Ending Story, but giant island turtles appear in greek and middle eastern folklore....i like turtles....
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Postby Psygnosis » Apr 16th, 2009 @ 8:14am

The island is just a simulation like Harsh Realm. Remember Harsh Realm? I wish that had been given as much mileage as Lost...

General Omar Santiago was cooler than John Locke.

*cue theme song for montage "Terry O'Quinn through the Ages!"*

Also: Richard Alpert is Boone.
Wishing anime was still as good as Cowboy Bebop and Standalone Complex. Brain now digesting: X-Files S4, Lost, Shangri-La (meh), FullMetalAlchemist Remake(meh), Wind Waker, Fire Emblem GCN
Psygnosis

Postby Lombaszko » Apr 16th, 2009 @ 11:00am

Psygnosis wrote:Also: Richard Alpert is Boone.

Lombaszko

Postby geronimo » Apr 17th, 2009 @ 11:02am

Alright, this one is a serious theory.

The Losties actually replaced the roles of what other DHARMA folk would’ve done if they were put in similar life and death situations. Simply put, the actions back then would’ve happened regardless if the Oceanic Six didn’t go back in time. The “roles” on the Island are “variables” that can be filled by anyone and the Island and its events are the “constants” which don’t change at all. But this doesn’t mean they can’t change the future; variables can change each other but not the constant, which means if Locke turns the wheel again, they can go back to 2007-8.
geronimo

Postby DerBonk » Apr 18th, 2009 @ 1:50pm

Ender wrote:Jack Shepard is an astronaut on mission to Mars, which goes awry because Jack has a mental breakdown after landing, due to the hit of acid he has hidden in his sock. Not knowing reality from fantasy, he punches his way through the rest of the crew, and out onto the Martian surface. He finds a mysterious black box which creates reality from his hallucinations, and the Island is born. Simultaneously Jack dies on Mars and is reborn on the Island, and has no escape from his horrible hallucination since he no longer has access to the box.

Really nice, I'd add: it's not a black box, but a monolith and from the off and as the screen fades to black, we hear a computer voice saying: "I'm afraid, Jack." And a psychedelic display of colours comes rushing in, ending in Jack lying in a bed and aging from cut to cut. Also, we see an astronaut digging on the Moon, looking for the destination of a strange signal sent from Mars.
I like Sauerkraut and Wurst!
DerBonk

Postby Frump » Apr 18th, 2009 @ 11:34pm

100 words really cramped my style. I didn't think I would come up with an interesting or amusing theory but here it is, in a ridiculously condensed format, which may possibly be incomprehensible.

It's an extended J.J.Abrams promotional Tie-in to bring all of the franchises he's involved in into one Abramsverse. In Fringe they will discover that Whitmore is the one really behind massive Dynamic and they stumble upon the Cloverfield case. The island's mysterious flashes have awakened Cloverfield monsters which emerge and wreak havoc upon man. Due to the worldwide conflict, everyone have united against the new enemy. The Island is the only safe refuge from the Cloverfield monsters. The Enterprise will show up and wipe out the cloverfield monsters. The Lost crew restart society on the island. Happily ever after.

Unabridged version: Here (it should make more sense)

Edit: Just listened to this week's episode and Heard/read papernaut's theory, it also included Cloverfield but I wrote this prior to any of that and without influence. Simply coincidence, just thought I'd clear that up.
Frump

Postby indieinsd » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 7:21pm

I've always thought the show was going to end in a Lord of the Flies way. Total anarchy and all out chaos would consume the island and anybody on it. Then right when you think it has hit it's breaking point they are rescued/discovered on the island.
indieinsd

Postby SexyJosh » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 8:21pm

The finale episode will reveal Jacob to be Kevin Sorbo as Hercules who in turn will battle the smoke monster and save the Lostees. The final scenes will have Hercules (posing as Kevin Sorbo) in a movie exec room with Ted Raimi pitching him this idea for a LOST. He'll complain he's not in it till the last episode and turn it down, showing that the whole show was an elaborate pitch for a Hercules episode. Add a dash of Bruce Campbell and I'd say you've wrapped this show up TIGHT!
SexyJosh

Postby Kholdstare » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 9:20pm

The producers and J.J. Abrams will go back on their word and reveal that they really are all in purgatory. This is J.J. Abrams way of getting back at all his fans for not sticking with Alias and being forced to end it early. It will be revealed in the last 10 minutes of the series finale and will end with a picture of J.J Abrams flipping off the camera.

or

It's all the product of a choose your own adventure story on a Internet message board.

Person1
"Ben goes down to the bottom of the ruins and sees"

Person2
"His dead daughter!"
Kholdstare

Postby Konanda » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 10:11pm

Many giant blue beings suddenly appear and start smashing everything on the island. A red spec of light appears and transforms into a high school boy who says "I guess she's bored with this world." The screen wipes to an image of the island and zooms in on a high school girl overtop her college shouting "Kyon! Wake up Kyon." He replies with, "Haruhi where are we?" Thinking to himself “why me?”

Now I don’t really expect anyone to get this one except maybe Fitch assuming he follows new/popular anime.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Kholdstare » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 10:46pm

I know what you're getting at... though I'm not entirely sure how. Is that the one with robots and school clubs?
Kholdstare

Postby Konanda » Apr 19th, 2009 @ 10:50pm

Well there are some clubs featured in it particularly the S.O.S. club although no robots. Some espers, time travellers and aliens though. Now I'm pretty much giving away the reference though.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby exfate » Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:26am

The Ancient Egyptian creation myth takes place on Ben-ben, a mound that rose from the waters of chaos – this is the island. Jacob is Anubis whose role was to prepare people for the underworld. Part of the process was weighing and measuring the heart (sole) to judge people before entering. The island is linked to its antipole which originally was at Heliopolis, Eqypt, but due to tectonic movement since the creation it now lines up with Medenine, Tunisia. The island controls the flow of time, when time ends it will begin again there, which is why DHARMA were there.

(Getting to exactly 100 words and hitting all the important points was hard. Lost is so bloody complex.)
exfate

Postby CasualPidgeon » Apr 22nd, 2009 @ 9:40pm

Konanda wrote:Many giant blue beings suddenly appear and start smashing everything on the island. A red spec of light appears and transforms into a high school boy who says "I guess she's bored with this world." The screen wipes to an image of the island and zooms in on a high school girl overtop her college shouting "Kyon! Wake up Kyon." He replies with, "Haruhi where are we?" Thinking to himself “why me?”

Now I don’t really expect anyone to get this one except maybe Fitch assuming he follows new/popular anime.

Nice. Cept i find Haruhi a bit more surrealist than Lost.
"It never goes smooth. How come, it never goes smooth!!"
CasualPidgeon

Postby CasualPidgeon » Apr 22nd, 2009 @ 9:43pm

The_Doctor wrote:Jack finds out that the island is not on earth, and they are actually propelled 500 years into future. Earth could not sustain us, our numbers were so large, So The people of earth left to travel the vers'. Early the bounty hunter falls to the planet and quickly disguises himself as Mr. Echo. The smoke monster is the remnants of Adeli Niska's servant crow after he was kicked into the Engine by Malcolm Reynolds. Dharma is really Blue sun.

Take that Higgins.

Woo Firefly!!! Far superiour than Lost even in it's short 13-episode run.
"It never goes smooth. How come, it never goes smooth!!"
CasualPidgeon

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics