Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Rydog » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 1:59am

The regular gang's all here for our extra-special 100th episode. Thanks for giving us the resolve to last this long, everyone. Enjoy. :)
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
User avatar
Hell Yeah!
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Mar 5th, 2009 @ 8:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby flufflogic » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 3:38am

\o/

Best get the wifi switched on and download that sucker!
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Lord Korax » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 4:14am

The direct download works, but the RSS feed has yet to be updated with it.
Lord Korax
User avatar
 
Posts: 71
Joined: May 15th, 2009 @ 11:20pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby flufflogic » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 5:28am

Yup, no-show on iTunes right now.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 6:08am

Must Justin Haywald taint the 100th episode?? :(
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby dabeast0976 » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 8:28am

Still not on iTunes yet.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 10:48am

RSS feed isn't working still. Hopefully my reader updates sometime during class.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby LiQuid » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 11:08am

100+ hours listening to Ryan Scott & Co. ramble about a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing. Morbid thought, that. Make me feel dirty.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby tnitnetny » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 11:47am

Feeling dirty is a bad thing?
tnitnetny
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Oct 27th, 2010 @ 8:24am
Location: Crofton, MD

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 11:48am

tnitnetny wrote:Feeling dirty is a bad thing?


Ooh, tnitnetny's feeling sassy... :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Rydog » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 11:51am

Lord Korax wrote:The direct download works, but the RSS feed has yet to be updated with it.

I'm not sure why it wasn't on the RSS feed; it was pubbed just fine on my LibSyn page, but somehow didn't get added to the RSS. I just re-pubbed, and it's fine now. Should be showing up on iTunes anytime now.

Sorry about that, I've never seen that happen before.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
User avatar
Hell Yeah!
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Mar 5th, 2009 @ 8:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby phoenix87x » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 12:31pm

The Coccyx is pretty much the fancy way of saying tailbone. Its a vestigial trait which was left over from an ancestor of ours long long ago, but serves no practical purpose to us today. I was delighted to hear the actual technical term used since I just learned about it last semester, and every time I say it, I get the same response of people thinking I'm crazy. :D
phoenix87x
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011 @ 12:24pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Coctopus » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 1:29pm

tnitnetny wrote:Feeling dirty is a bad thing?


*bow chicka wow wow*
Coctopus
User avatar
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2010 @ 4:36pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 1:39pm

Another week, another podcast avoiding the Doctor Who X-Mas Special. :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 5:43pm

Oh Justin Haywald - how do you botch a sales pitch for Ghost Trick so badly? :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby darfox8 » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 5:50pm

I'm listening right now(so far it's really cool) but I'll join in and say. Justin!? WTF is wrong with you!? Even though you haven't said anything yet. Congratulations on 100 Episodes!
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 13th, 2011 @ 7:14pm

Starting off talking about six peni and than once the champagne is open going into a joke about little Roady Brock. Man this podcast is great.

kenzo wrote:Another week, another podcast avoiding the Doctor Who X-Mas Special. :lol:


I like how saying ha to a bunch of people on the forums about how he saw it the night after it aired is basically you, myself and maybe eX. I like this tight little community. :D


Also example of a cool English band for Ryan.



Edit: Oh and it seems weird to me for an adult to have never drank an alcoholic beverage. People were drinking alcoholic beverages since the stone age man. It's what happened when all that fruit they would try to keep stored would rot and ferment.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 10:07am

Oh my, spousal abuse jokes.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby lemon-fresh » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 10:09am

Ugh, why isn't the new episode on the itunes store yet? FUCK!
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 10:23am

I just downloaded it. Try it again!
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby I love Fitch » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 3:33pm

Konanda wrote:Starting off talking about six peni and than once the champagne is open going into a joke about little Roady Brock. Man this podcast is great.

kenzo wrote:Another week, another podcast avoiding the Doctor Who X-Mas Special. :lol:


I like how saying ha to a bunch of people on the forums about how he saw it the night after it aired is basically you, myself and maybe eX. I like this tight little community. :D


Also example of a cool English band for Ryan.



Edit: Oh and it seems weird to me for an adult to have never drank an alcoholic beverage. People were drinking alcoholic beverages since the stone age man. It's what happened when all that fruit they would try to keep stored would rot and ferment.


Conveniently, Blood red shoes are from Brighton, where Alice went.
Gamertag: Mak3TeaNotWar

14. English. Taller than Fitch. Employed. Bored out of my skull.
I love Fitch
User avatar
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Aug 12th, 2009 @ 8:32am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 4:29pm

I love Fitch wrote:
Konanda wrote:Starting off talking about six peni and than once the champagne is open going into a joke about little Roady Brock. Man this podcast is great.

kenzo wrote:Another week, another podcast avoiding the Doctor Who X-Mas Special. :lol:


I like how saying ha to a bunch of people on the forums about how he saw it the night after it aired is basically you, myself and maybe eX. I like this tight little community. :D


Also example of a cool English band for Ryan.



Edit: Oh and it seems weird to me for an adult to have never drank an alcoholic beverage. People were drinking alcoholic beverages since the stone age man. It's what happened when all that fruit they would try to keep stored would rot and ferment.


Conveniently, Blood red shoes are from Brighton, where Alice went.


Yep. Quite the coincidence. ;) Although they would probably be resting up around that time since they just finished a big European and North American tour along with two nights in Tokyo. Including a stop in Toronto, which unfortunately was right when I was in the middle of midterms. :(

They did finish the tour off with a sold out show in Brighton but that was in early December not late December.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 5:17pm

This is what I imagine encountering Roadie Brock is like for a lot of Comics Conspiracy customers:


Image
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 5:32pm

kenzo wrote:This is what I imagine encountering Roadie Brock is like for a lot of Comics Conspiracy customers:


Image


I don't think he's as much of an asshole to people though. He's probably intimidating but he doesn't really seem the type to just be a douchebag to people, plus he seems pretty nerdy himself.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 5:48pm

Joaquin Phoenix deserves a life time achievement award in trolling.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL
User avatar
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2010 @ 10:31pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 5:55pm

Konanda wrote:I don't think he's as much of an asshole to people though. He's probably intimidating but he doesn't really seem the type to just be a douchebag to people, plus he seems pretty nerdy himself.
Don't get me wrong, I love Roadie Brock. I'm pretty sure the guy is once of the nicest people ever. But that doesn't mean customers don't walk into the store and aren't either 1.) confused by the presence of this apparent dudebro in their midst, or 2.) are intimidated by his purported massive stature. Also, he's always the one on the podcast calling out/berating the other guys for being too nerdy/losing perspective.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby Konanda » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 6:57pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:I don't think he's as much of an asshole to people though. He's probably intimidating but he doesn't really seem the type to just be a douchebag to people, plus he seems pretty nerdy himself.
Don't get me wrong, I love Roadie Brock. I'm pretty sure the guy is once of the nicest people ever. But that doesn't mean customers don't walk into the store and aren't either 1.) confused by the presence of this apparent dudebro in their midst, or 2.) are intimidated by his purported massive stature. Also, he's always the one on the podcast calling out/berating the other guys for being too nerdy/losing perspective.


Ya, but he isn't saying right off the bat "Haw! You dudes are geeks! I'm going to go smoke, while getting a blowjob."
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 7:18pm

Damnit, I just wanted to make a joke and post a funny Penny Arcade comic.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby LiQuid » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 7:21pm

Jokes are not allowed because the Geekbox forum is SRS BZNS
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 100

Postby kenzo » Jan 14th, 2011 @ 7:23pm

Also, if you guys like Justin and Ryan Scott enjoy the Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick/Professor Layton/Hotel Dusk games, you should really give a seriously look into 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. Secret best game of 2010.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Next
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron