Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 104

Postby Rydog » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 1:11am

In this week's episode, we totally talk about Demon's Souls again.

P.S. I'm stuck on the stupid blue dragon in world 1-4. RAGE.
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 104

Postby dakazu » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 1:49am

Rydog wrote:In this week's episode, we totally talk about Demon's Souls again.

P.S. I'm stuck on the stupid blue dragon in world 1-4. RAGE.

I had the luxury of having Biorr distract the dragon so I could run up the stairs with no problems. Once underneath I used 150+ arrows to kill him. Because Biorr died in your game, this encounter will be tricky.
Your best bet is to use waterveil spell and rings of fire resistance to survive until you get the his blind spot underneath him. Once there, use kunai to poison him to death. You can buy them from graverobber Blige if you saved him from his cell in 4-1. He should be hanging around the beginning of 4-2 if you did. I would get 30 kunai just to be safe.
dakazu

Postby Konanda » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 8:23am

Destination is cancellation and downwards is the only way forward.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby Lombaszko » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 8:26am

Podcast shout-out! Yeahhhh!
Final Crisis is a great book! Second read through was even better.
I also got Bondage Ferries... ummm I mean Superman / Shazam!: First Flight and that was a good read too.

Also, Roadie Brock: What are you going to do when your kid wants to get a Nintendo Wii 3 or 4DS someday? You gonna deny Lil' Roadie?
Lombaszko

Postby Roadie Brock » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 8:50am

Lombaszko wrote:Podcast shout-out! Yeahhhh!
I also got Bondage Ferries... ummm I mean Superman / Shazam!: First Flight and that was a good read too.

Also, Roadie Brock: What are you going to do when your kid wants to get a Nintendo Wii 3 or 4DS someday? You gonna deny Lil' Roadie?

When Brody wants a Nintendo Wii 3 (or whatever number it gets up to) or a portable gaming system I'll cross that bridge when that time comes, but I can say that he will get one of these way before he gets a cell phone or a Facebook page.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Lord-Audie » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 9:04am

This is coming from a person that doesn't read comics, so take it with a grain of salt.

But I hate when the authors revive "Death" characters. To me it shows a lack of confidence on the authors, since it seems that they cannot part with the dead character and need to revive it to bring back the people they lost by killing it.

Ryan H. can justify it by saying that great things may have come from those "deaths". But I ask you this, can those stories be written still be great without having to revive said "dead" character?
Death can be a great plot device if used properly. That doesn't mean that every story needs death to be good, but when you have characters "dying" and coming back to life. Then that just renders death meaningless on that universe, more so when it gets to a point that there's no sense of danger to conflict since there's no consequence.

One of the good stories I have read and has used dead effectively, so far, is Berserk. By the end of the Millennium Arc almost 80% of the main cast died. The main character is still dealing with the consequence of that event and made the story better. If the author for some reason tries to negate that by bringing those characters back, I think it would render the impact of that event useless.

My 2 cents.
Please join the #geekbox IRC channel at irc.rizon.net

for a quick browser way use http://webchat.rizon.net/

Just put a nick and #geekbox and GO! join the pHuN
Lord-Audie

Postby Donth8DemonSouls » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 10:01am

I agree w/ dakazu, the arrows take a while unless you got a bad ass bow(+5 sticky compound bow is a beast). Poison King Allant too, he can be a bastard if you fight him straight up. Watch out b/c he can take a soul level from you w/ his special. Good luck Rydog, almost there. Also, NG+ is more fun in my opinion.
Donth8DemonSouls

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 10:33am

Please, no more MMO talk until someone has something new to say about them. Whenever the topic is brought up someone needs to switch the topic to "pizza vs cheeseburgers"
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby dabeast0976 » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 11:32am

Roadie Brock wrote:

When Brody wants a Nintendo Wii 3 (or whatever number it gets up to) or a portable gaming system I'll cross that bridge when that time comes, but I can say that he will get one of these way before he gets a cell phone or a Facebook page.

Haven't finished the podcast yet, but i just wanted to let you know that my 22month old daughter has an iPod touch. We have it loaded with tons of Elmo and Thomas videos, peek a boo games and letter tracing games. She knows how to slide to turn it on, get her videos or play her games. Just saying that getting something like this might not be the worst thing. And before someone says something about it rotting her brain, she can count to 20 and already knows her ABC's.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 11:51am

That's awesome, dood. No snark, that's really cool. ;)
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Konanda » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 12:34pm

Mr_eX wrote:Please, no more MMO talk until someone has something new to say about them. Whenever the topic is brought up someone needs to switch the topic to "pizza vs cheeseburgers"

Pizza.
Konanda

Postby dabeast0976 » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 12:36pm

jinpei05 wrote:That's awesome, dood. No snark, that's really cool. ;)

Thank you.
dabeast0976

Postby Lord-Audie » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 12:54pm

Konanda wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Please, no more MMO talk until someone has something new to say about them. Whenever the topic is brought up someone needs to switch the topic to "pizza vs cheeseburgers"

Pizza.

Pancakes > Pizza
Please join the #geekbox IRC channel at irc.rizon.net

for a quick browser way use http://webchat.rizon.net/

Just put a nick and #geekbox and GO! join the pHuN
Lord-Audie

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:02pm

Konanda wrote:

Pizza.

I don't know man, cheeseburgers are pretty great.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:38pm

I love me a god damned burger but there's no way you can sit there and even joke about it being in the same league as pizza...
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:46pm

Mr_eX wrote:
Konanda wrote:

Pizza.

I know I've told you this before during TF2 Game Night [that's right people that don't play mother fucking secrets in your mother fucking boards] but I don't really like beef or pork. So it's not a competition at all especially since pizza is much much more versatile than a cheeseburger.
Last edited by Konanda on Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:51pm, edited 2 times in total.
Konanda

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:51pm

Konanda wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
Konanda wrote:

Pizza.

I know I've told you this before during TF2 Game Night [that's right people that don't play mother fucking secrets in your mother fucking boards] but I don't really like beef or pork. So it's not a competition at all especially since pizza is much much more versatile than a cheeseburger.

You can use ground chicken or turkey to make a cheeseburger and both cheeseburgers and pizza can have crazy toppings.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 2:55pm

LiQuid wrote:I love me a god damned burger but there's no way you can sit there and even joke about it being in the same league as pizza...

Grilled burger with bacon, grilled onions and mushrooms(raw onions and mushrooms are kind of gross) and some cheese.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby dabeast0976 » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 3:01pm

I'll take a pizza. Grandma slice.
dabeast0976

Postby jinpei05 » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 3:02pm

Really depends on the burger and pizza in question for me.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 5:00pm

^Thiiiis.

Also, Pizza all the way.
kenzo

Postby Bboy_Izilla » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 5:20pm

Gumbo son. With mac & cheese. Maybe cut up some hot dogs and mix'm with the Mac. Hood.
Bboy_Izilla

Postby Creep » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 5:24pm

I vote burger.
Creep

Postby kenzo » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 5:40pm

Bboy_Izilla wrote:Gumbo son. With mac & cheese. Maybe cut up some hot dogs and mix'm with the Mac. Hood.
That's not an option, silly.
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 6:02pm

4 player co-op games

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2
Alien Swarm
Resistance 2
Borderlands
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 6:10pm

How am I not surprised that Konanda doesn't like the two best meats? It's like that fucker is trying to offend my sensibilities...
LiQuid

Postby Konanda » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 7:02pm

LiQuid wrote:How am I not surprised that Konanda doesn't like the two best meats? It's like that fucker is trying to offend my sensibilities...

Sorry Liquid, I'm just not much of a fan of cow or pig and most land animals for that matter. [excluding birds] Although if you looked in the food thread [which admittedly I've forgotten to upload lately to photobucket and post in there] I thought you would notice I've never used pig or cow in any of the food I've posted up there because it's photos of food I've cooked for myself that's up there. I've used beef/pork in other food I've cooked for others and still ate. Also if I had a need to be more super price cautious of the meat I buy, than I would buy pork/beef if it was on sale for a good price.

It's not like I won't eat those meats, I just do not prefer them. However, I love seafood/fish.

Bboy_Izilla wrote:Gumbo son. With mac & cheese. Maybe cut up some hot dogs and mix'm with the Mac. Hood.

I'm good with the gumbo but I like rice with gumbo, not macaroni and cheese and certainly not hot dogs.
Konanda

Postby Roadie Brock » Feb 10th, 2011 @ 8:57pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
Roadie Brock wrote:

Haven't finished the podcast yet, but i just wanted to let you know that my 22month old daughter has an iPod touch. We have it loaded with tons of Elmo and Thomas videos, peek a boo games and letter tracing games. She knows how to slide to turn it on, get her videos or play her games. Just saying that getting something like this might not be the worst thing. And before someone says something about it rotting her brain, she can count to 20 and already knows her ABC's.

I'm all for the using technology for learning! This might be a good idea. It will also hopefully keep Brody away from my phone and Ipod. I can only hope.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Feb 11th, 2011 @ 3:23am

Roadie Brock - why do you insist upon discriminating against and ghettoizing portable games?
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Feb 11th, 2011 @ 3:46am

kenzo wrote:Roadie Brock - why do you insist upon discriminating against and ghettoizing portable games?

From what I'm getting so far Brock doesn't really care about most games in general and for portable games (read stuff on his iPhone) it's something to do when he's not at home and with time to burn.

I could be wrong but so far it just doesn't really seem playing games is a pastime he really partakes in, unless he's got some time to kill and nothing else to do.
Konanda

Next
Forum Statistics