Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Rydog » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:52am

It's a three-man nerdcast this week, with returning guest Adam Fitch filling in for our absent GDC-going regulars. We talk a lot about game localization stuff this time -- I hope you guys dig it. :)
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
User avatar
Hell Yeah!
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Mar 5th, 2009 @ 8:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 1:03am

Wherein we discuss notable absences, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, the language of memory, the quirks of game localization, remake decay, Woolseyisms, off-the-cuff Japanese lessons, Radical Dreamers, Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword, NEStalgia, mobile viruses, the stupid Academy Awards, Superman villains, epic film scores, the Libyans, Joy Division, and the Fitch Hitch. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.
I was really looking forward to this episode until that. :?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby indieinsd » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 2:36am

Man this episode is back loaded. 50 mins in and it's boring me to death.

I also still dont believe Adam Fitch is not Andrew. They talk the same, same sort of delivery and nuances. Fucking weird.
indieinsd
User avatar
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 9:28pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Pepto » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 3:13am

Listener mail? Just read stuff from the forums.
Pepto
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 9:34am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Lord-Audie » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 7:14am

13 mins in.

I still love grinding for some messed up reason.

Whoever is responsible for the english accents in DQ8 should be shot dead. I stopped playing that game due to the VA and because the story was boring as hell.

FFXII is awesome.
Please join the #geekbox IRC channel at irc.rizon.net

for a quick browser way use http://webchat.rizon.net/

Just put a nick and #geekbox and GO! join the pHuN
Lord-Audie
User avatar
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009 @ 7:02am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby IRL_Troll » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 8:04am

As long as superman is punching things, I'll probably like the superman movie.

I'm going to spare my apple diatribe, and just say macs get pwnt pretty easily by viruses, but no one makes mac viruses because no one uses macs

Girl talk is pretty tight, and dance on you crazy bastard.

New theory: Adam fitch is separate from Andrew, but they are the same person. I think Andrew split off from Adam at a very young age, and became the recluse he is today because he is only part of a whole, but Adam seems to have patched what was missing from him. For a pokemon analogy, Andrew is Adam's Shedninja to his Ninjask.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby GiantAsianMan » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 8:37am

IRL_Troll wrote:New theory: Adam fitch is separate from Andrew, but they are the same person. I think Andrew split off from Adam at a very young age, and became the recluse he is today because he is only part of a whole, but Adam seems to have patched what was missing from him. For a pokemon analogy, Andrew is Adam's Shedninja to his Ninjask.

I was thinking more multiple personality disorder, but could work, too.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous
GiantAsianMan
User avatar
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 9:20pm
Location: West Chester, Ohio

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 9:13am

I read it as Andrew really fast. Now that i see it's Adam i will go ahead and download it.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 9:59am

Wow, not even Adam Fitch is enough to save this snooze-fest...
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Master Higgins » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 10:09am

kenzo wrote:
Wherein we discuss notable absences, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, the language of memory, the quirks of game localization, remake decay, Woolseyisms, off-the-cuff Japanese lessons, Radical Dreamers, Fire Emblem: Sealed Sword, NEStalgia, mobile viruses, the stupid Academy Awards, Superman villains, epic film scores, the Libyans, Joy Division, and the Fitch Hitch. Starring Ryan Scott, Adam Fitch, and Ryan Higgins.
I was really looking forward to this episode until that. :?


--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 9:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Raine » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 10:27am

That was boring as fuck. It's ok though. I know you guys uhhmmm, can't deliver a great ah. . . y'know. . . show every single. . y'know. . . time? I don't. . . uhh. . . expect. . . y'know. . . ummm. . .every show to. . . like. . . be great?

Mr. Adam Fitch, I like hearing what you have to say but you don't have an easy time saying it.

Oh yeah, and Scott Pilgrim sucked, but Ad. Fitch was right about Superman. No one knows any of the villians from the comics.

edit - Ah poo, posted that before I finished the podcast. Now I feel bad for making fun of Adam for his speech. Don't worry Adam, I still love you, and your brother too! We need a Fitchcast with both on one day.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 10:40am

Pepto wrote:Listener mail? Just read stuff from the forums.


This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Lord-Audie » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 11:43am

Mr_eX wrote:
Pepto wrote:Listener mail? Just read stuff from the forums.


This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.


I also agree agree with this notion.

It should be a sticky.
Please join the #geekbox IRC channel at irc.rizon.net

for a quick browser way use http://webchat.rizon.net/

Just put a nick and #geekbox and GO! join the pHuN
Lord-Audie
User avatar
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Apr 14th, 2009 @ 7:02am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Underworld » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:08pm

So when are we going to have Adam and Andrew on at the same time? Also this was a good episode. No weakbox.
Underworld
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 8th, 2009 @ 3:24am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:12pm

Underworld wrote:So when are we going to have Adam and Andrew on at the same time? Also this was a good episode. No weakbox.

Wouldn't be good. Ever see Timecop?
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:12pm

Mr_eX wrote:
Pepto wrote:Listener mail? Just read stuff from the forums.


This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.


Agreed, or just take a quick look through the forums and see which topics are being hotly debated. We are always arguing about something and I am sure it would be super easy (and relevant) to discuss said topics on the podcast.
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:14pm

indieinsd wrote:Man this episode is back loaded. 50 mins in and it's boring me to death.

I also still dont believe Adam Fitch is not Andrew. They talk the same, same sort of delivery and nuances. Fucking weird.


Andrew stutters more.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:15pm

lemon-fresh wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
Pepto wrote:Listener mail? Just read stuff from the forums.


This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.


Agreed, or just take a quick look through the forums and see which topics are being hotly debated. We are always arguing about something and I am sure it would be super easy (and relevant) to discuss said topics on the podcast.

Why would they want to drive traffic to the boards? It makes business sense so it must be wrong!
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby dabeast0976 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:15pm

Konanda wrote:
indieinsd wrote:Man this episode is back loaded. 50 mins in and it's boring me to death.

I also still dont believe Adam Fitch is not Andrew. They talk the same, same sort of delivery and nuances. Fucking weird.


Andrew stutters more.

And Adam is more personal and personable.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976
User avatar
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mar 26th, 2009 @ 6:14pm
Location: Queens, New York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 12:40pm

This episode was boring. For some future episode they should let us create the show agenda.

The Halloween theme is iconic.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Atomsmasher » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 1:22pm

For anyone that really does doubt that they are different people, consult the back of the "Suikoden V" instruction manual. In the QA section you will see both Andrew and Adam Fitch listed! :P
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Atomsmasher
User avatar
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Apr 17th, 2009 @ 9:17pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby lemon-fresh » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 1:46pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
lemon-fresh wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.


Agreed, or just take a quick look through the forums and see which topics are being hotly debated. We are always arguing about something and I am sure it would be super easy (and relevant) to discuss said topics on the podcast.

Why would they want to drive traffic to the boards? It makes business sense so it must be wrong!


Fuck, you're right... My bad.
lemon-fresh
User avatar
 
Posts: 3799
Joined: Apr 13th, 2009 @ 2:52pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 2:28pm

lemon-fresh wrote:
dabeast0976 wrote:
lemon-fresh wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:
This

Just create a thread called Listener Questions and we'll post stuff in there. email is stupid.


Agreed, or just take a quick look through the forums and see which topics are being hotly debated. We are always arguing about something and I am sure it would be super easy (and relevant) to discuss said topics on the podcast.

Why would they want to drive traffic to the boards? It makes business sense so it must be wrong!


Fuck, you're right... My bad.


Goddamn it, lemon, you're not a new guy here. You should know the deal here by now. :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 4:16pm

The James Bond theme is much more iconic than Back to the Future for sure Ryan. Thinking otherwise is just pure delusion.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 4:46pm

Konanda wrote:The James Bond theme is much more iconic than Back to the Future for sure Ryan. Thinking otherwise is just pure delusion.
The James Bond theme has been around since the 60s. There have been 22 official James Bond films in the franchise. There's only been three Back to the Future films. James Bond has almost single handedly defined an entire genre in films. The cultural impact and iconic recognition of BttF is not even in the same zip code as James Bond.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 4:53pm

Star trek theme?
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 4:59pm

Nah, not nearly as iconic as James Bond. The Star Trek theme changes with nearly each show and film. It's a big one though, I'd probably put it above BttF, simply because how much longer it's been about, and how much more important Star Trek has been to sci-fi, culture, and society as a whole.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 5:07pm

kenzo wrote:
Konanda wrote:The James Bond theme is much more iconic than Back to the Future for sure Ryan. Thinking otherwise is just pure delusion.
The James Bond theme has been around since the 60s. There have been 22 official James Bond films in the franchise. There's only been three Back to the Future films. James Bond has almost single handedly defined an entire genre in films. The cultural impact and iconic recognition of BttF is not even in the same zip code as James Bond.


Well I didn't want to be that harsh about it but yes.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 5:10pm

Not really being harsh, just stating the facts. I'm not inserting any amount of opinion like implying that Ryan is delusional.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 3rd, 2011 @ 5:11pm

kenzo wrote:Not really being harsh, just stating the facts. I'm not inserting any amount of opinion like implying that Ryan is delusional.


Well he did suggest Back to the Future over James Bond as being in the top 5.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Next
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron