Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby mindself » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 9:32pm

I enjoyed the episode even if lacked with the enthusiasm. I can never be bored listening to you guys, especially if I don't know what you're talking about i.e. anything WoW. I like Adam and he sounds dead on like his twin. I myself have a twin, but we're very different. I'm amaze how much your voice and certain mannerism are the same.
_______________________________________________________

Please subscribe and listen to The Freakin' Awesome Podcast! http://tinyurl.com/49oxabq

Also please visit http://artisticalliance.org
mindself
User avatar
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Oct 20th, 2010 @ 4:17pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 9:45pm

mindself wrote:I enjoyed the episode even if lacked with the enthusiasm. I can never be bored listening to you guys, especially if I don't know what you're talking about i.e. anything WoW. I like Adam and he sounds dead on like his twin. I myself have a twin, but we're very different. I'm amaze how much your voice and certain mannerism are the same.

Wrong. Anytime they talk WoW is instant snooze-fest.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby mindself » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 10:05pm

kenzo wrote:
mindself wrote:I enjoyed the episode even if lacked with the enthusiasm. I can never be bored listening to you guys, especially if I don't know what you're talking about i.e. anything WoW. I like Adam and he sounds dead on like his twin. I myself have a twin, but we're very different. I'm amaze how much your voice and certain mannerism are the same.

Wrong. Anytime they talk WoW is instant snooze-fest.


I don't know? I like it when they talk about it passionately, even if it's something that's annoying to the, it's still interesting in a way. I'm also used to it. My friends talk about WoW and I just like it when they are in a disagreement or how they act out some of the fight sequences and whatnot.
_______________________________________________________

Please subscribe and listen to The Freakin' Awesome Podcast! http://tinyurl.com/49oxabq

Also please visit http://artisticalliance.org
mindself
User avatar
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Oct 20th, 2010 @ 4:17pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 10:31pm

mindself wrote:
kenzo wrote:
mindself wrote:I enjoyed the episode even if lacked with the enthusiasm. I can never be bored listening to you guys, especially if I don't know what you're talking about i.e. anything WoW. I like Adam and he sounds dead on like his twin. I myself have a twin, but we're very different. I'm amaze how much your voice and certain mannerism are the same.

Wrong. Anytime they talk WoW is instant snooze-fest.


I don't know? I like it when they talk about it passionately, even if it's something that's annoying to the, it's still interesting in a way. I'm also used to it. My friends talk about WoW and I just like it when they are in a disagreement or how they act out some of the fight sequences and whatnot.


Every time they talk about WoW they say the same exact things as the last time they talked about WoW.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 10:43pm

Mr_eX wrote:
mindself wrote:
kenzo wrote:
mindself wrote:I enjoyed the episode even if lacked with the enthusiasm. I can never be bored listening to you guys, especially if I don't know what you're talking about i.e. anything WoW. I like Adam and he sounds dead on like his twin. I myself have a twin, but we're very different. I'm amaze how much your voice and certain mannerism are the same.

Wrong. Anytime they talk WoW is instant snooze-fest.


I don't know? I like it when they talk about it passionately, even if it's something that's annoying to the, it's still interesting in a way. I'm also used to it. My friends talk about WoW and I just like it when they are in a disagreement or how they act out some of the fight sequences and whatnot.


Every time they talk about WoW they say the same exact things as the last time they talked about WoW.
I'm pretty sure WoW-talk is a crime against nature.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Raine » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 10:50pm

Me and a friend were duoing BC raids so I could get the hunter t5 bonus, which gives 15% of damage done as pet healing, which would allow me to solo more content. Turns out it's a bit of a pain in the ass, we only did two bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern before giving up.

and there is some WoW talk.
Raine
User avatar
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: May 7th, 2009 @ 4:55pm
Location: Rockingham, NC

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 4th, 2011 @ 11:28pm

Raine wrote:Me and a friend were duoing BC raids so I could get the hunter t5 bonus, which gives 15% of damage done as pet healing, which would allow me to solo more content. Turns out it's a bit of a pain in the ass, we only did two bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern before giving up.

and there is some WoW talk.

Image
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby uppi17 » Mar 5th, 2011 @ 11:38am

Isn't this an iconic theme?

Last edited by uppi17 on Mar 5th, 2011 @ 11:49am, edited 1 time in total.
uppi17
User avatar
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Mar 30th, 2009 @ 11:14am
Location: Old York

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 5th, 2011 @ 11:47am

uppi17 wrote:Isn't this an iconic theme?


That's a pretty good one!
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 5th, 2011 @ 10:37pm

Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 2:52am

Videogame music is fair game now?

I'd say the Tetris themes are a bigger deal.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby flufflogic » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:05am

It's certainly the most remixed...
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 5:21am

I just wanted to say that this was a great episode. Mostly because I don't mind Fitch's awkward verbal pauses - I tend to do the same thing now and then. :lol:
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Mr_eX » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 8:49am


Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Bboy_Izilla » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 1:50pm

Give geeks an inch, they want a mile.

--Couldn't help but notice Boys In The Hood, New Jack City and Juice wasn't brought up as far as musical themes go, but that's cool. I won't bug out that you didn't mention something I loved from my childhood because podcasts are off the cuff [normally] and you usually have to think quickly. Wonder how many people actually take that into account before their sausage fingers get to typing?

--Bizarro Fitch is godlike. And I'm relating powerfully to this recent Fitch Hitch. Wish I could teach this man more game though.

--Final Fantasy XII is good. Glad it took place in the same world as FF Tactics. And let's be real...after something like Spirits Within comes out...and people watch that hot mess...somebody's gotta get fired.
Bboy_Izilla
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Feb 2nd, 2010 @ 8:11am

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 3:03pm

Ok, I'm trying to write into the show for the first time, and there's no listing for an address on the main page of the website. I'm going to guess that it's probably something like "letters@geekbox.net" but come on now. Maybe this is why you guys don't get letters anymore. =P
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 3:34pm

kenzo wrote:Ok, I'm trying to write into the show for the first time, and there's no listing for an address on the main page of the website. I'm going to guess that it's probably something like "letters@geekbox.net" but come on now. Maybe this is why you guys don't get letters anymore. =P


http://www.geekbox.net/contact/ that took 2 seconds to find kenzo. There is text fields where you put in your name, email, subject and message and I assume it creates an email and sends it for you when you hit submit.

Looks obtuse but that's what it is I think.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 3:40pm

kenzo wrote:Videogame music is fair game now?

I'd say the Tetris themes are a bigger deal.


The Tetris themes? Gimme a break. Considering that one of them is actually by Tchaikovsky, another by Larionov, and another by Bach, they're probably more recognized by their composers and not by what game they're in. :roll:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:30pm

Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:Ok, I'm trying to write into the show for the first time, and there's no listing for an address on the main page of the website. I'm going to guess that it's probably something like "letters@geekbox.net" but come on now. Maybe this is why you guys don't get letters anymore. =P


http://www.geekbox.net/contact/ that took 2 seconds to find kenzo. There is text fields where you put in your name, email, subject and message and I assume it creates an email and sends it for you when you hit submit.

Looks obtuse but that's what it is I think.
:oops:

I was just looking for an email address. Thanks Ko. God am I dumb.

jinpei05 wrote:
kenzo wrote:Videogame music is fair game now?

I'd say the Tetris themes are a bigger deal.
The Tetris themes? Gimme a break. Considering that one of them is actually by Tchaikovsky, another by Larionov, and another by Bach, they're probably more recognized by their composers and not by what game they're in. :roll:
I bet if you walked up to 100 random people on the street and played them the original Tchaikovsky, more than half of them would be like "oh yeah, that's that Tetris music, huh."
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:42pm

kenzo wrote:I bet if you walked up to 100 random people on the street and played them the original Tchaikovsky, more than half of them would be like "oh yeah, that's that Tetris music, huh."


Nothing like hyperbole and supposition to back up your claims. And it doesn't change the fact that the music was well recognized, celebrated, and elevated to iconic classical music status DECADES before Nintendo thought of putting it in Tetris.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:49pm

Image

Nothing like a good semantics debate.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 4:58pm

jinpei05 wrote:Nothing like hyperbole and supposition to back up your claims. And it doesn't change the fact that the music was well recognized, celebrated, and elevated to iconic classical music status DECADES before Nintendo thought of putting it in Tetris.
You're doing the same thing!

And that's great man, but how many people do you know who go to the opera or a symphony? Times change and so do people. Either way, I'm not entirely getting what you're arguing. So, some people out there know a song as "Korobeiniki" versus "that tetris music." What does that change in this argument about how iconic and recognizable a song is?
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby jinpei05 » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 5:01pm

kenzo wrote:And that's great man, but how many people do you know who go to the opera or a symphony? Times change and so do people. Either way, I'm not entirely getting what you're arguing. So, some people out there know a song as "Korobeiniki" versus "that tetris music." What does that change in this argument about how iconic and recognizable a song is?


I'm arguing your claim that the music in Tetris is iconic because of its presence in the game, when its iconic status was established decades before.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby kenzo » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 5:10pm

jinpei05 wrote:I'm arguing your claim that the music in Tetris is iconic because of its presence in the game, when its iconic status was established decades before.
Can't it be both? The Lakers are famous today because of the heroics of Kobe Bryant. But to other people, it's because of Jerry West or Magic & Kareem. Also:
The Venerable Wikipedia wrote:"Korobeiniki" is a famous Russian folk song that tells of an incident between a peddler and a girl 'haggling' over a price, with the details only being said in metaphor.
In western culture, the song is primarily known for being used as the "Type A" music in the Game Boy version of Tetris. However, Korobeiniki was written and published in 1861, a full 128 years before Tetris was released on the Game Boy. "Korobeiniki" is translated as "peddlers".
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 9:12pm

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Nothing like hyperbole and supposition to back up your claims. And it doesn't change the fact that the music was well recognized, celebrated, and elevated to iconic classical music status DECADES before Nintendo thought of putting it in Tetris.
You're doing the same thing!

And that's great man, but how many people do you know who go to the opera or a symphony? Times change and so do people. Either way, I'm not entirely getting what you're arguing. So, some people out there know a song as "Korobeiniki" versus "that tetris music." What does that change in this argument about how iconic and recognizable a song is?


I like how you spammed the song in TF2 just to try to prove a point. That was jokes.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 9:15pm

Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Nothing like hyperbole and supposition to back up your claims. And it doesn't change the fact that the music was well recognized, celebrated, and elevated to iconic classical music status DECADES before Nintendo thought of putting it in Tetris.
You're doing the same thing!

And that's great man, but how many people do you know who go to the opera or a symphony? Times change and so do people. Either way, I'm not entirely getting what you're arguing. So, some people out there know a song as "Korobeiniki" versus "that tetris music." What does that change in this argument about how iconic and recognizable a song is?


I like how you spammed the song in TF2 just to try to prove a point. That was jokes.


So you like it when kenzo spams but not a Mighty Duck? :ugeek: hmmm. hypocrisy, thy name is Conda! 8-)
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy
User avatar
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:01pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 9:18pm

KindGalaxy wrote:
Konanda wrote:
kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Nothing like hyperbole and supposition to back up your claims. And it doesn't change the fact that the music was well recognized, celebrated, and elevated to iconic classical music status DECADES before Nintendo thought of putting it in Tetris.
You're doing the same thing!

And that's great man, but how many people do you know who go to the opera or a symphony? Times change and so do people. Either way, I'm not entirely getting what you're arguing. So, some people out there know a song as "Korobeiniki" versus "that tetris music." What does that change in this argument about how iconic and recognizable a song is?


I like how you spammed the song in TF2 just to try to prove a point. That was jokes.


So you like it when kenzo spams but not a Mighty Duck? :ugeek: hmmm. hypocrisy, thy name is Conda! 8-)


Yep, because kenzo stopped after 2 minutes, the troll just kept trolling because that's what he does.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 9:19pm

well MAYBE if you became a Mighty Duck he would've stopped.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy
User avatar
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:01pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby Konanda » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 9:24pm

KindGalaxy wrote:well MAYBE if you became a Mighty Duck he would've stopped.


KG I would hat you if if I didn't love you. :P
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 107

Postby KindGalaxy » Mar 6th, 2011 @ 11:41pm

Konanda wrote:
KindGalaxy wrote:well MAYBE if you became a Mighty Duck he would've stopped.


KG I would hat you if if I didn't love you. :P


Conda I would love you if if I didn't hat you.
Never start a beef with a butcher
KindGalaxy
User avatar
 
Posts: 3753
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:01pm
Location: Australia

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron