Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 4

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 9:08am

Wedge Antilles is the greatest character in all of Star Wars. Oh yeah, we talk some comics, too, in this week's episode!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 4

Postby Konanda » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 9:25am

Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 12:25pm

I think it's telling of the inherent quality of Star Wars that the best character is a minor one that barely floats around in the background. /flamebait
kenzo

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 12:34pm

There had better be a heated Superboy Prime discussion.
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 12:36pm

Next week. :(
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:11pm

kenzo wrote:I think it's telling of the inherent quality of Star Wars that the best character is a minor one that barely floats around in the background. /flamebait

No, it's the reason my favorite characters are Speedball and Firestorm. Someone's gotta love the more obscure characters.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby kenzo » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:21pm

Master Higgins wrote:No, it's the reason my favorite characters are Speedball and Firestorm. Someone's gotta love the more obscure characters.
Is that also why you like Lwaxana Troi? :lol: This is a lot of fuel for @hipster_ryan.
kenzo

Postby jinpei05 » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:27pm

Master Higgins wrote:No, it's the reason my favorite characters are Speedball and Firestorm. Someone's gotta love the more obscure characters.

Vanilla or chocolate Firestorm?
Last edited by jinpei05 on Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:30pm

kenzo wrote:
Is that also why you like Lwaxana Troi? :lol: This is a lot of fuel for @hipster_ryan.

Maybe!

jinpei05 wrote:Vanilla or chocolate Firestorm?

I'm a racist, so Ronnie.

But the black and white cookie Firestorm is cool, too.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby jinpei05 » Apr 18th, 2011 @ 2:46pm

Master Higgins wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Vanilla or chocolate Firestorm?

I'm a racist, so Ronnie.

But the black and white cookie Firestorm is cool, too.

jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby jinpei05 » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 10:18am

Comic delays suck ass. The worst offender by far is Kevin Smith. He starts "Spider-Man/Black-Cat: The Evil That Men Do" in August 2002, puts out three issues, has a three year delay, then puts out the last three issues.

And don't even get me started on "Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target." First issue dropped in November 2002. We're still waiting for issue 2.

The only reason his Green Arrow relaunch wasn't delayed is because DC demanded he hand in all his scripts before letting Phil Hester and Ande Parks start on artwork.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Mr_eX » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 11:26am

Will Neil Gaiman be discussed in every episode?
Mr_eX
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 11:45am

Mr_eX wrote:Will Neil Gaiman be discussed in every episode?

Probably? I dunno.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby dabeast0976 » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 4:45pm

kenzo wrote:I think it's telling of the inherent quality of Star Wars that the best character is a minor one that barely floats around in the background. /flamebait

if you are a Star Wars fan read the first 6-7 books of the X-Wing series. Might change your mind.
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby dabeast0976 » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 4:47pm

Master Higgins wrote:

No, it's the reason my favorite characters are Speedball and Firestorm. Someone's gotta love the more obscure characters.

Bull. If Speedball was your favorite character you would have mentioned his starring turn in Frontline. / :ugeek:
Who are you? What are you? Who moved the rock?
dabeast0976

Postby bitblockader » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 4:56pm

I support Brock's innovative podcast ideas. I'm sure Olivia Munn can be had for little more than the price of a hot dog.
bitblockader

Postby kenzo » Apr 19th, 2011 @ 5:36pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
if you are a Star Wars fan read the first 6-7 books of the X-Wing series. Might change your mind.
Yeah, maybe. But I don't really count anything from extended universe stuff when judging a franchise.
kenzo

Postby laughingcao » Apr 20th, 2011 @ 10:28am

MORE COMIC WEEKLY NEWS. thank you.
laughingcao

Postby flufflogic » Apr 20th, 2011 @ 10:43am

jinpei05 wrote:Comic delays suck ass. The worst offender by far is Kevin Smith. He starts "Spider-Man/Black-Cat: The Evil That Men Do" in August 2002, puts out three issues, has a three year delay, then puts out the last three issues.

And don't even get me started on "Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target." First issue dropped in November 2002. We're still waiting for issue 2.

The only reason his Green Arrow relaunch wasn't delayed is because DC demanded he hand in all his scripts before letting Phil Hester and Ande Parks start on artwork.

Still waiting on Widening Gyre #7-12...
flufflogic

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 20th, 2011 @ 3:16pm

dabeast0976 wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:

Bull. If Speedball was your favorite character you would have mentioned his starring turn in Frontline. / :ugeek:

Ryan doesn't read Marvel for enjoyment anymore...even when it is a Speedball story about penance. I enjoyed the Fear Itself Home Front book so far and look forward to Speedball's beat down in the next issue.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby InuiTakumi23 » Apr 23rd, 2011 @ 9:00am

I'm really enjoying the podcast. I'm just getting back into comics after about a 10 year hiatus. Mostly its because of the Green Lantern movie, but also because of how much Higgins talks favorly towards the books and their universe. So I am one of the millions of folks that follow a comic because of a movie/show. But, I am a noob when it comes to DC comics. Back in the day, I was more of a Marvel kinda guy. So i had no clue where to start with GL. After asking some friends, I started with Rebirth and immediately got hooked. I'm now reading Sinestro Corps and am enjoying it.

But what I really want to say is that I'm glad that Brock mentioned his blog. The GL list really helped put into perspective what I need to read to get ready for the movie. And I foresee that I will be a long time GL and Geoff Johns fan. So, thanks guys for creating a newborn Comic Fan. :D
"I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider. Remember that!"
~Tsukasa/Kamen Rider Decade
InuiTakumi23

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 23rd, 2011 @ 9:30am

Yay! GL has been so good, you picked a good series to get into.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 23rd, 2011 @ 11:28am

InuiTakumi23 wrote:I'm really enjoying the podcast. I'm just getting back into comics after about a 10 year hiatus. Mostly its because of the Green Lantern movie, but also because of how much Higgins talks favorly towards the books and their universe. So I am one of the millions of folks that follow a comic because of a movie/show. But, I am a noob when it comes to DC comics. Back in the day, I was more of a Marvel kinda guy. So i had no clue where to start with GL. After asking some friends, I started with Rebirth and immediately got hooked. I'm now reading Sinestro Corps and am enjoying it.

But what I really want to say is that I'm glad that Brock mentioned his blog. The GL list really helped put into perspective what I need to read to get ready for the movie. And I foresee that I will be a long time GL and Geoff Johns fan. So, thanks guys for creating a newborn Comic Fan. :D

I'm glad my post was helpful. I am going to try and get some more reading lists up for other characters and titles. Flash is next.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby kenzo » Apr 23rd, 2011 @ 3:07pm

Good podcast, guys!
kenzo

Postby Raine » Apr 23rd, 2011 @ 4:34pm

I'm looking forward to when/if you guys start doing topic shows. "What's new?" ain't bad, but I don't really read new comics. Now, character based shows, whether it's a heavy hitter like Green Lantern or a "Who?" like The New Warriors, could be damned interesting. You could do writers/artists as a topic, favorite books from [insert decade here], favorite runs, favorite mini-series, etc. I look forward to hearing that kind of stuff from you guys.
Raine

Forum Statistics