Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 140

Postby kenzo » Oct 20th, 2011 @ 3:11pm

Mr_eX wrote:If she knew all of them then The Doctor would have to really be dead wouldn't he?
1.) The Doctor isn't completely immune from death, so it stands to reason that eventually he too will die at some nebulous far off point in time.
2.) The Doctor lies, and so does River Song.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Oct 20th, 2011 @ 4:49pm

kenzo wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:When The Doctor first met River she commented on how young he was and I believe she said she had seen all of his regenerations.
There's no reason to expect that The Doctor can't periodically drop in on her for the rest of his existence. In fact, I would assume that she shows up for at least one episode next season, just to say hi.

Going by her telling him his name when The Doctor first meets her, his reaction to this and what this season is hinting as the next story arc it is pretty much a given that River Song will be one of the people to hear his name before the end of the arc.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby kenzo » Oct 20th, 2011 @ 5:19pm

I don't think there's gonna be anything special about his name. It'll probably be a much more abstract thing, like the reason why he decided to be a Doctor, or maybe he's not the original Doctor, or something completely banaynay like if the Doctor's name being a password to unlock the Time War, or yadda yadda.
kenzo

Postby Konanda » Oct 20th, 2011 @ 5:39pm

kenzo wrote:I don't think there's gonna be anything special about his name. It'll probably be a much more abstract thing, like the reason why he decided to be a Doctor, or maybe he's not the original Doctor, or something completely banaynay like if the Doctor's name being a password to unlock the Time War, or yadda yadda.

Well the thing is in previous Doctor Who canon it's already been established that his name is not anything special, it's just a very weird name for humans to comprehend. However, Steven Moffat thinks it's some big terrible secret because it's never been revealed to the actual viewer/reader. So it appears he's decided to make a story out of it.

Speaking of his name I thought it was an interesting callback when in the Pandorica Opens, The Doctor and Amy go to Planet One and find Hello Sweetie with Theta Sigma followed by some other Greek letters, that The Doctor calls coordinates. Theta Sigma being his nickname when he was a student on Gallifrey.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda

Postby totoro » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 9:48am

The GameCenter CX video on YouTube for the interested.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro

Postby LiQuid » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 11:50am

Two hours, ay yai yai. Not sure I could ever watch something that long.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 12:32pm

totoro wrote:The GameCenter CX video on YouTube for the interested.

LiQuid wrote:Two hours, ay yai yai. Not sure I could ever watch something that long.

OMG 2 HOURS OF ARINO ALL OVER MY FACEEEE!!!!

Seriously though LiQuid - I know it's Japanese, but you would love Game Center CX. Maybe not this episode, but other ones. There's just something universally hilarious about watching a guy being tortured by these old games.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 1:10pm

I'll check it out one quiet weekend or when I catch a train to London.
LiQuid

Postby Adam Fitch » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 3:23pm

LiQuid wrote:Two hours, ay yai yai. Not sure I could ever watch something that long.

You can skip to 1:46:00 to watch Ray's part.
Adam Fitch
The Evil Twin

Postby LiQuid » Oct 21st, 2011 @ 3:31pm

I actually watched the whole thing. My first ever episode of Gamecenter CX. It was pretty good. I went into it thinking "How am I going to know who Ray is, I don't really know what he looks like" but that fear was unwarranted. Ray makes his presence abundantly clear. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby uppi17 » Oct 22nd, 2011 @ 3:58am

LiQuid wrote:I'll check it out one quiet weekend or when I catch a train to London.

But you can pause it! (Which still makes it two hours long, but you ignored that point to spout your pro-two hour podcast propaganda)
uppi17

Previous
Forum Statistics