Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby Rydog » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 1:15am

This week's episode marks our last Batman: Arkham City super-discussion (warning: ending spoilers!). We also talk about potential game of the year candidates -- what are your top picks for 2011 thus far?

Subscribe on iTunes!
Subscribe on Zune Marketplace!
Follow me on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Send us some email!
Throw us free money if you're so inclined!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
User avatar
Hell Yeah!
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Mar 5th, 2009 @ 8:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:11am

MGS5:HD GOTY COUNT IT!

I really really hope more people (like Ryan did) give Peace Walker a second chance on the MGS:HD Collection. I felt like I was screaming into the void back in 2010 when I was probably the only person on Earth who played and championed Peace Walker - it's absolutely incredible.

If anyone is playing it on PS3 and needs help getting past bosses (or anything else), I will team up and piss all over those missions for you. You can just sit in a corner and stay safe if you like - Me & Big Boss are a one-man massacre! Or, I can just follow you with my inviso-gun while you wreck-up the joint.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby LiQuid » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:29am

Dude you could have been trying to champion sex in UMD form and nobody would have given a shit because it was on the single worst video game playing device that has ever existed* (including all Sega consoles!!!)

*Excepting of course its ability to play old ass games via emulator, which don't require having a functional second analog stick.
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 5:36am

LiQuid wrote:Dude you could have been trying to champion sex in UMD form and nobody would have given a shit because it was on the single worst video game playing device that has ever existed* (including all Sega consoles!!!)

*Excepting of course its ability to play old ass games via emulator, which don't require having a functional second analog stick.
Did somebody say sex in UMD form???
Spoiler: show
link is NSFW
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby Lovely » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 8:11am

Awwww. I like my psp. You big meanies :p .

Anyways, no Adam this week made me a little sad. Sadder than I thought I would be. But ah well, it was interesting to listen to regardless.

During this podcast, someone made the comment that they don't really play shooters and it then suddenly occured to me why I enjoy the Geekbox a bit more than other gaming-related podcasts. I'm ALSO not interested in shooters, so when people go on about them for over an hour or so, I tend to get kinda bored. (...though sometimes shooter talk does work as a nice weekend nap aid.)
----------------

Rose Spinoza http://twitter.com/#!/LVLYsan
Lovely
User avatar
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Aug 12th, 2011 @ 9:33pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 9:00am

Great, another episode I can't listen to.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby plainclothesman » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 11:07am

Sweet, an episode without incoherent outbursts and awful Arnold impersonations (actually I do kind of like those). Non-Fitch episodes are refreshing.
plainclothesman
User avatar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010 @ 11:36pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby darfox8 » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 2:26pm

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is a game that was released this year... so it is eligible to be my GOTY.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:02pm

jinpei05 wrote:Great, another episode I can't listen to.
Is this because of spoilers? The Batman stuff is at the very end of the podcast like they used to do for episodes of Lost, so you can simply just turn the podcast off once you get to that point.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby MidoriFox » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:23pm

Gotta get MGS HD Collection now.... But then I would have 4 versions of 2 and 3.
The Transfaring is something I could use since I ride the bus for almost 3 hrs to school.
Maybe I can finish it finally sans psp controls on my ps3 :roll:

Also Sega Genesis was awesome.
Last edited by MidoriFox on Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its milk and egg, bitch"
MidoriFox
User avatar
 
Posts: 61
Joined: May 23rd, 2011 @ 11:05pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby LiQuid » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 3:30pm

Forget what I was saying about Batman spoilers in last week's episode. Though I stand by the fact that nothing was spoiled in that particular episode, this episode has heavy spoilers that could potentially ruin someone's day if they cared about that kind of stuff.

Also :lol: and how jaded Higgins is about comics. You're worse than I am about video games!
LiQuid
User avatar
 
Posts: 28315
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 8:57pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 6:26pm

Ryan, even though you can't trade any of your items, you can craft into metals or if it's hats, different hats? If so, I think that may get around the non-trading loophole and then you can do a giveaway or contest for them during sunday gamenight or saturday morning gamenight, to keep it 3 weeks in a row of item/hat give-aways. Oh by the way, we did halloween item giveaways during Sunday Game night. This is why you play TF2 with us. For free stuff in an already free game.
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby ribkicker4 » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 6:46pm

R.S.: You know what's awesome about the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection?
Me: Nothing.
R.H.: Nothing.

:D
ribkicker4
User avatar
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011 @ 4:49pm
Location: Near Madison, WI

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 6:50pm

IRL_Troll wrote:Ryan, even though you can't trade any of your items, you can craft into metals or if it's hats, different hats? If so, I think that may get around the non-trading loophole and then you can do a giveaway or contest for them during sunday gamenight or saturday morning gamenight, to keep it 3 weeks in a row of item/hat give-aways. Oh by the way, we did halloween item giveaways during Sunday Game night. This is why you play TF2 with us. For free stuff in an already free game.
Sorry, when you craft something that can't be traded, its non-tradeableness gets transferred onto the new item.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 7:01pm

Well shit
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 9th, 2011 @ 7:04pm

I know this because I made the mistake of crafting my sniper's bow.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby totoro » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 7:59am

Can't you get around an item being untradeable by using giftwrap?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6917-7116
totoro
User avatar
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Dec 28th, 2010 @ 10:32am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby jinpei05 » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 8:45am

kenzo wrote:
jinpei05 wrote:Great, another episode I can't listen to.
Is this because of spoilers? The Batman stuff is at the very end of the podcast like they used to do for episodes of Lost, so you can simply just turn the podcast off once you get to that point.

Yes, it was, and I ended up listening to it after seeing the Batman stuff was at the end of the show notes.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Mar 7th, 2009 @ 11:55pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby shadyjohnson » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 12:52pm

Is anybody totally in love with the idea the the guy that wrote some of most disturbing films ever is directing the Phoenix Wright movie? I mean we are talking sick shit. Audition, Gozu, Ichi the Killer . . .
Pro Lurker
shadyjohnson
User avatar
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Apr 17th, 2009 @ 12:40pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby kenzo » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 2:08pm

shadyjohnson wrote:Is anybody totally in love with the idea the the guy that wrote some of most disturbing films ever is directing the Phoenix Wright movie? I mean we are talking sick shit. Audition, Gozu, Ichi the Killer . . .
As someone on the podcast mentioned, he's a very prolific director with just about every genre under his belt. I actually watched a few of his kids films (The Great Youkai War) it's safe to say the guy can do other genres just fine.

totoro wrote:Can't you get around an item being untradeable by using giftwrap?
Nope. Also, you have to buy giftswap, so that kind of defeats the purpose.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 4:05pm

Ryan wants everyone to play TF2 with him the weekend after all the biggest games of the year were released? Everyone should take note of this, it's the best trolling I've ever seen.
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby IRL_Troll » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 4:34pm

Mr_eX wrote:Ryan wants everyone to play TF2 with him the weekend after all the biggest games of the year were released? Everyone should take note of this, it's the best trolling I've ever seen.


None of which I can afford right now...so I'll probably be experiencing both game nights by myself. As goes life
Wildcard. Bitches
To stalk me: http://twitter.com/ElChristophe
To play with and stalk me via Steam: (ID) Jack Of All AIDS
IRL_Troll
User avatar
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Dec 3rd, 2009 @ 11:55am
Location: Southwest MO

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 143

Postby Mr_eX » Nov 10th, 2011 @ 11:02pm

IRL_Troll wrote:
Mr_eX wrote:Ryan wants everyone to play TF2 with him the weekend after all the biggest games of the year were released? Everyone should take note of this, it's the best trolling I've ever seen.


None of which I can afford right now...so I'll probably be experiencing both game nights by myself. As goes life


I can take a break from the other stuff for game night/morning
Mr_eX
User avatar
Geekbox VIP
 
Posts: 15654
Joined: Apr 8th, 2009 @ 3:01pm

Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron