Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comedy Button: Episode 10

Postby Rydog » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 3:06pm

Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Comedy Button: Episode 10

Postby puppybox » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 3:58pm

Ryan Scott leaves town and the rest of the buttons can't think of a way to return a wallet

They need you Ryan, you are the glue that holds this nonsense together!
puppybox

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 11:49pm

Ryan had to watch that video in order to get that header image...
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby LiQuid » Dec 16th, 2011 @ 11:54pm

Was the Home Alone commentary recorded on this new recording gear with its current settings? Cause I don't know if I can sit through 2 hours of ear rape from both young McCauly and The Comedy Button. :lol:
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 17th, 2011 @ 1:25am

LiQuid wrote:Was the Home Alone commentary recorded on this new recording gear with its current settings? Cause I don't know if I can sit through 2 hours of ear rape from both young McCauly and The Comedy Button. :lol:
Honestly, I can't tell a difference. Then and again, my standard for comparison is AM Radio, which generally most of these podcasts are going to sound way better than. It's nice to have things sounding professional, but I personally don't require it.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » Dec 17th, 2011 @ 1:55am

Sorry, your ears are broken. Listen to like any other podcast and then this one. It's like night and day. I distinctly remember the first bunch of Rebel FM episodes sounded like bullshit too, so they eventually figured out their gear and I have faith that someone here will as well. Like I said last thread I'm not an audiophile, but when I've got headphones on it sounds like they're sitting in a snake pit and everybody's voice sounds like a hi-hat symbol is playing under it.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » Dec 17th, 2011 @ 2:22am

LiQuid wrote:Sorry, your ears are broken. Listen to like any other podcast and then this one. It's like night and day.
Or, you could listen to like, any AM radio station, and then listen to this podcast. It's like night and the sun going nova.
kenzo

Postby Scott » Dec 17th, 2011 @ 7:48am

LiQuid wrote:Was the Home Alone commentary recorded on this new recording gear with its current settings? Cause I don't know if I can sit through 2 hours of ear rape from both young McCauly and The Comedy Button. :lol:

2 steps forward, 9 steps back for us I suppose. We're still working on getting all of our shit straight. The commentaries were recorded at these settings, but, I'm trying to fix them. The silver lining with the commentaries, if there is one, is you won't be listening to the podcast at full blast considering you'll have a film playing with it. But still, that's no excuse. We're working on it, and now we're really paying the price for launching the show on the new equipment prematurely.

Also, I know this sounds like Monday morning quarterbacking, but keep in the back of your mind, we still haven't finished designing our real website, or launched the weekly videos, so in a way the show is still in beta. We just wanted to get back in front of all of you guys as soon as possible. Growing pains, and like being gay, it will get better.
Scott
Tintin

Postby LiQuid » Dec 17th, 2011 @ 8:01am

At least you're getting your tough love from me. As a rule of thumb nobody gives a shit what I think and it will make you better. It's my dream to die knowing that my endless bitching made the world a better place even if only in some minuscule way.

By the way, bravo to all of you guys for recognizing that Dexter is fucking stupid. It's like a Saturday morning cartoon version of what it was in its first two seasons.
LiQuid

Postby tardbasket » Dec 18th, 2011 @ 9:10am

From this show I learned a new term: 'Bang out."

I never heard that phrase so much before this show, but now it's straight to my lexicon under 'Fuckwords'
tardbasket

Postby Coctopus » Dec 18th, 2011 @ 3:10pm

tardbasket wrote:From this show I learned a new term: 'Bang out."

I never heard that phrase so much before this show, but now it's straight to my lexicon under 'Fuckwords'

You must have one screwed up alphabet if Bang Out comes after Fuckwords.
Coctopus

Postby tardbasket » Dec 18th, 2011 @ 4:49pm

Coctopus wrote:
tardbasket wrote:From this show I learned a new term: 'Bang out."

You must have one screwed up alphabet if Bang Out comes after Fuckwords.

"A lexicon is also a synonym of the word thesaurus"

'Screwed' is under fuckwords as well.
tardbasket

Postby ribkicker4 » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 12:43am

I'm more of an episode 9 fan myself, but this one was still good. Missed Ryan, though...
ribkicker4

Postby Royce » Dec 19th, 2011 @ 10:11pm

Strongest start to an episode yet, with Anthony launching straight into the weird masturbation stories. Poor Ugly Richard.
Royce

Forum Statistics