Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 39

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jan 5th, 2012 @ 5:10pm

Roadie Brock wrote:As to who is getting paid or not getting paid neither of us know the truth so that is a dead issue.
They hated Fear Itself cool, but wait they also hated Flashpoint which means I must hate them. I'm confused.

You can't prove that they're being paid to be positive, so I don't know where that accusation came from. And i wouldn't really say positive vibe, rather more unbiased. But then again they are news sites, so they kinda have to be.

Anyway, dead issue aside, they also hated Superman: Earth One, thought Schism and Spider-Island were ok, but also love Scott Snyder and Rick Remender.

Roadie Brock wrote:
SerpentineZERO wrote:
Roadie Brock wrote:Your hate of the Deathstroke character is curious, and if Liefeld takes over I will most likely drop Deathstroke ($2.99 title)

I dunno about LiQuid, but i don't hate the character, I dislike the writing. Also, the story or lack thereof. It's just trying too hard. There are worse titles, sure. Also, is Grifter actually getting anywhere? I was learning nothing about the character 2 issues in so i dropped that one too.

Deathstroke hasn't been a great title overall; it has been fair and entertaining at least to me. As for the story or lack thereof, I think that is really due to the fact that it is taking way to long to get where it needs to go, but I like the art and character enough to give it the arc. But if Liefeld rears his ugly pen I will be dropping Deathstroke without a second thought.
As for Grifter, the book hasn't really given the reader any insight into who Grifter is and that again is a problem; especially for new readers, but it has been very action packed since it started and I like that. As for Grifter as a character I don't think we are going to see who he is until we get through some more of the story so I'll give it some time. Plus I want to see how DC absorbs the Wildstorm characters into the "Rejiggeredverse".
That being said I was disappointed that I couldn't stomach Stormwatch anymore and have since dropped the title.

I actually thought the second issue of Grifter was ok and not a bad action book, but I'm quite selective with my pull, and there are too many better books for me to get, since I don't have money for all the action books that're little else (with the exception of Suicide Squad, maybe). Maybe I'll jump on when it goes into the character more. Same with Deathstroke, actually.
SerpentineZERO

Postby harrypowers » Jan 5th, 2012 @ 10:33pm

I may have missed this, but what was with Adam? Just too many pre-show beers, or needs his insulin?
harrypowers

Postby kenzo » Jan 5th, 2012 @ 10:37pm

harrypowers wrote:I may have missed this, but what was with Adam? Just too many pre-show beers, or needs his insulin?
Wrong thread, bro. But yeah, he sounded tired/out of it.
kenzo

Postby harrypowers » Jan 5th, 2012 @ 11:06pm

kenzo wrote:
harrypowers wrote:I may have missed this, but what was with Adam? Just too many pre-show beers, or needs his insulin?
Wrong thread, bro. But yeah, he sounded tired/out of it.

Thanks. Sorry about wrong thread.
harrypowers

Postby Roadie Brock » Jan 6th, 2012 @ 12:24pm

SerpentineZERO wrote:I actually thought the second issue of Grifter was ok and not a bad action book, but I'm quite selective with my pull, and there are too many better books for me to get, since I don't have money for all the action books that're little else (with the exception of Suicide Squad, maybe). Maybe I'll jump on when it goes into the character more. Same with Deathstroke, actually.

I can totally understand being selective with your pull list when you don't have the cash to spend on everything you want. When a book costs $3.99 for about 20 pages that is a lot to pay for one comic and when you get a lot of books (10 books at $2.99 = about $30 / 10 books at $3.99 = about $40). I can relate to keeping your costs down. Marvel has a few titles that I'm curious about, but the cost for what you get doesn't ad up for me.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 9:03am

Wow, am I sorry I missed this thread while I was in Korea. LiQuid running his dumb mouth supporting a creatively bankrupt publisher and clashing with Brock? Classic.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 10:33am

You didn't miss it, it's right here. Also I'm glad you were gone cause we already had enough idiot fanboys in here.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:01pm

LiQuid wrote:You didn't miss it, it's right here.

I meant while the discussion was still ongoing and fresh.
LiQuid wrote: Also I'm glad you were gone cause we already had enough idiot fanboys in here.

You are, of course, including yourself in that lot, aren't you? :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:14pm

How am I being a fanboy by supporting and being generally positive about all comics? You think this is really about me being a Marvel fanboy? You know I read just as much DC shit as I do Marvel shit. All I'm doing is arguing against Brock being a shitty hater and all around fucking sourpuss. How that constitutes "running my dumb mouth" I'll never know, but for in the eyes of Jinpei...
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:19pm

LiQuid wrote:How am I being a fanboy by supporting and being generally positive about all comics? You think this is really about me being a Marvel fanboy? You know I read just as much DC shit as I do Marvel shit. All I'm doing is arguing against Brock being a shitty hater and all around fucking sourpuss. How that constitutes "running my dumb mouth" I'll never know, but for in the eyes of Jinpei...

Seeing as how Brock has, oh, I don't know, a good decade at least of reading Marvel up on you, I'm more likely to consider his opinion more informed than yours. Additionally, your penchant for liking vapid, shallow, and all-around stupid bombastic bullshit, something which Marvel has spades of in recent years, confirms my belief that Marvel is bereft of any substantial quality.

Marvel has been a house run under the almighty dollar ever since Quesada took over as EIC.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:32pm

So because Brock has been reading comics for a decade, his opinion that all Marvel comics suck is more informed and credible now. Got it.

If you think Daredevil is vapid, shallow, stupid or bombastic you're the biggest fucking idiot that has ever walked the earth.

You guys are both negative, gross assholes. It's not even just preferring DC to Marvel, it's that you guys actively look down on anybody that reads Marvel. You think they're inferior to you. You are the epitome of shitty, awful fucking comic nerds and the reason why the medium is dying.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:39pm

LiQuid wrote:So because Brock has been reading comics for a decade, his opinion that all Marvel comics suck is more informed and credible now. Got it.

As opposed to your, what, a YEAR of consistent readership? At most? Yeah. :lol:

LiQuid wrote:If you think Daredevil is vapid, shallow, stupid or bombastic you're the biggest fucking idiot that has ever walked the earth.

Dardevil is a decent title, but it hasn't been nearly as good as it used to be, when Bendis and Waid were on the book. I was referring more to AMS, FF, and the glut of X-titles.

LiQuid wrote:You guys are both negative, gross assholes. It's not even just preferring DC to Marvel, it's that you guys actively look down on anybody that reads Marvel. You think they're inferior to you. You are the epitome of shitty, awful fucking comic nerds and the reason why the medium is dying.

Oh, c'mon, pumpkin, don't get mad. I don't look down on you for reading Marvel. t's perfectly fine that you like overpriced bullshit that panders to the lowest common denomonator and is more interested in making a buck off its merchandising and licensing ever since Uncle Walt bought the House of Ideas.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:43pm

And I'm running my dumb mouth.

Everything you're saying is haterish, fanboy nonsense. Congratulations, your opinion is least valid. Less valid than Brock's, less valid than mine. It's like an anti-opinion. Your opinion makes other opinions wronger just by supporting them.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:46pm

LiQuid wrote:And I'm running my dumb mouth.

Everything you're saying is haterish, fanboy nonsense. Congratulations, your opinion is least valid. Less valid than Brock's, less valid than mine. It's like an anti-opinion. Your opinion makes other opinions wronger just by supporting them.

I'm sorry, did you not read the part where I said I don't look down on you for reading Marvel or your lack of historical perspective? :roll:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:47pm

AIR JINPEI FLYAN THRU UR FORUM!!!

LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:49pm

You are the epitome of maturity and intellectualism.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:52pm

Debate over. Marvel can update you Twitter, but DC can track and kill Osama.

LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:53pm

DC Fanboy:
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:54pm

What debate? There's no debate. You like vapid, pandering bullshit and that's ok. I respect your right to do so.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 12:56pm

jinpei05 wrote:What debate? There's no debate. You like vapid bullshit and that's ok. I respect your right to do so.

What happened to not looking down on Marvel readers?
jinpei05 wrote:overpriced bullshit that panders to the lowest common denomonator

Oh, well never mind...

Look at me everybody, I read Marvel!
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:01pm

As I've stated many times, it's perfectly fine that you're entertained by vapid bullshit and I respect your right to do so. I don't think any less of you as a person for your readership. Learn to read and comprehend, as opposed to running your mouth and getting butthurt over nothing, goldfish.
Last edited by jinpei05 on Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:02pm

Last word.
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:03pm

Can't argue with that flawless logic.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:04pm

No really. Last word!
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:07pm

:lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:08pm

Last! *huff* *huff* WORD!
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:09pm

Your rapier wit is only matched by your tactful maturity.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:10pm

LAST WERD!!!!
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 9th, 2012 @ 1:12pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP