Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 41

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 16th, 2012 @ 9:46pm

This week, we discuss DC rice.

Enjoy!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 41

Postby LiQuid » Jan 16th, 2012 @ 10:13pm

I just twitterbitched at you about Quitely and then you corrected yourself minutes later. So sorry for jumping the gun, but fuck you for not correcting yourself sooner. :)
LiQuid

Postby LiQuid » Jan 16th, 2012 @ 10:46pm

Re: Alpha and Omega. I liked it, but it really lacked the tongue in cheek humor of the main WatXM book. Like Ryan, I love the heck out of Quentin Quire too and am THRILLED to see him getting more play, but unlike Higgins I'm really glad this is being put into a mini instead because the main WatXM book is already chock so full of amazing characterization and interweaving plot threads trying to establish the school setting and now integrating elements from UFX that it's already a very busy book and I don't want to see that development halted in order to tell a side story between Quentin and Logan having a battle of wits.

Now how Brock liked A&O but continues to hate on WatXM is beyond all rational thought.
LiQuid

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jan 16th, 2012 @ 11:50pm

I wonder which one angers Brock/the cast the most, Rob Liefeld on three DC titles, or Scarlet Spider. Because, you know, SI hate.
SerpentineZERO

Postby SerpentineZERO » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 12:36am

Re: backups - I think that the Tec backup would be better served focusing on a character who doesn't get as much attention or hasn't been seen in the new 52 yet, rather than Two-Face. Plus, no one complained about the Men of War backup because those people didn't bother buying it (and possibly never cared much about it in the first place), and it showed since it's getting cancelled.
SerpentineZERO

Postby LiQuid » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 1:16am

SerpentineZERO wrote:I wonder which one angers Brock/the cast the most, Rob Liefeld on three DC titles, or Scarlet Spider. Because, you know, SI hate.

I would guess the Liefeld part, since he actively reads most of the books Liefeld is taking over (because Brock would rather read shitty DC books than good Marvel books). It's easy enough for him to ignore Scarlet Spider. It's easy to dismiss it given the fan outrage at events leading up to it, but taken on its own merits its a solid book with some definite potential, much like the Flash Thompson Venom book that Remender is doing now. In concept it sounds like a disaster but fuck that book is good. Giving Kaine as Scarlet Spider the same chance has paid off so far. I don't think it's a 9/10 book like they were saying some outlets reported it as, but it's definitely worth a read.
LiQuid

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 1:54pm

Man listening to people who like Big Bang Theory arguing with someone who likes the Green Lantern movie was like an argument over poop and pee. And I can't believe they cancelled Hawk & Dove but I am glad Liefled is taking over three 90s-ass comics so that I can still get good a fix of pouches, guns, grimaces, horrific anatomy, and pupil-less eyes. Don't ever change Rob.

Optimus Prime death is a well-documented occurrence in the Transformers franchise.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_many_deaths_of_Optimus_Prime
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 1:56pm

Higgins, how does it feel to use your hipster sensibilities for evil?
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Killinginist » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 2:19pm

Hey Guys, just finished listening to Episode 40, that puts me one episode behind, but Ryan asked us to start posting to double the number of active posters, so here I am. I'm trying to figure out how to link an avatar, obviously I am inept with computers, you guys wanna help me out real quick?

Also, very surprised by X-Factor this week. I haven't read it in forever and found it surprisingly good. I mainly read the DC stuff, but have been trying some of the X-men and Spider-man issues recently. Seeing what sticks.

Thanks!
Killinginist

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 2:32pm

Guillermo_DudeL wrote:Higgins, how does it feel to use your hipster sensibilities for evil?

What did I do now? :lol:
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 2:34pm

Killinginist wrote:Hey Guys, just finished listening to Episode 40, that puts me one episode behind, but Ryan asked us to start posting to double the number of active posters, so here I am. I'm trying to figure out how to link an avatar, obviously I am inept with computers, you guys wanna help me out real quick?

Also, very surprised by X-Factor this week. I haven't read it in forever and found it surprisingly good. I mainly read the DC stuff, but have been trying some of the X-men and Spider-man issues recently. Seeing what sticks.

Thanks!

Glad to have you!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 3:48pm

Killinginist wrote:Hey Guys, just finished listening to Episode 40, that puts me one episode behind, but Ryan asked us to start posting to double the number of active posters, so here I am. I'm trying to figure out how to link an avatar, obviously I am inept with computers, you guys wanna help me out real quick?

Thanks!

Sup dawg! All the avatar stuff is handled in the user control panel (button under the forum header). Rehost a picture on imgur or whatever image host you choose and just copy/paste the link.
LiQuid

Postby Killinginist » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 4:05pm

Thanks Master Higgins! Just trying to do my part, you guys put in a lot of time getting the podcast ready for our enjoyment every week, I might as well try and help you guys out when asked!

Sup LiQuid! Seems like you are a one man army on these forums! Thanks for the welcome!

Edit: Thanks for the help LiQuid! It worked!
Killinginist

Postby Rodney » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 5:55pm

Killinginist wrote:Sup LiQuid! Seems like you are a one man army on these forums! Thanks for the welcome!

You're half correct; Liquid is a one man army in general, not just on the forums. Also, welcome!
Rodney

Postby Killinginist » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 7:56pm

Thanks Rodney! Sorry I miss-spoke about LiQuid! Glad you caught my typo. Look forward to trying to contributing to some conversations.
Killinginist

Postby bitblockader » Jan 17th, 2012 @ 8:04pm

Thatnk god I'm not the only one who isn't sparkyl-eyed about Nathan Fillion doing a one-man Teen Titans and/or Richie Rich reboot. Firefly was 10 YEARS AGO. ROck on Higgins!
bitblockader

Postby Roadie Brock » Jan 18th, 2012 @ 10:14pm

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. :)
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 7:20am

Finally listened to this episode.

Glad to hear Higgins finally break down and concede that Green Lantern isn't as great as he originally touted. Perhaps given enough time, he'll stop lying to himself completely and just admit it was a bad movie, like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Props to Toby and his love for Ben Reily, the original Scarlett Spider, the only decent thing to come out of the horrible Clone Saga. And yeah, I dig that cheesy costume too.

This new series starring Kaine is pretty dumb.

On the whole Nathan Fillion thing: I love him too, but he's old. He's moved on to Castle and that's fine with me, he's still got the charm and wit he had in Firefly, but now he's paired with Stana Katic, which is a big win for him.

Nerds should just be happy he's the reigning animated Green Lantern Hal Jordan.

He'll always be Vigilante to me. :)

Start at 1:34.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby Master Higgins » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 10:11am

jinpei05 wrote:Finally listened to this episode.

Glad to hear Higgins finally break down and concede that Green Lantern isn't as great as he originally touted. Perhaps given enough time, he'll stop lying to himself completely and just admit it was a bad movie, like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

When did I say anything of the sort? I think it's a great movie, but I've long since accepted that I'm the only one.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 10:17am

Some people can read between the lines Higgins.
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 10:43am

Master Higgins wrote:When did I say anything of the sort?

What, that Green Lantern isn't as great as you thought or that Green Lantern is the greatest movie of all time?
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby LiQuid » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 10:55am

Master Higgins wrote:

When did I say anything of the sort? I think it's a great movie, but I've long since accepted that I'm the only one.

I got your back, bro. We should start a fan club. Do fan clubs exist anymore?
LiQuid

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 12:03pm

Great, you two can be its sole members.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 1:46pm

LiQuid wrote:We should start a fan club. Do fan clubs exist anymore?
jinpei05 wrote:Great, you two can be its sole members.
And Jinpei can be the only person in the world who cares that they like the movie or not. :lol:
kenzo

Postby Roadie Brock » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 2:05pm

LiQuid wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:

I got your back, bro. We should start a fan club. Do fan clubs exist anymore?

You should call your fan club "The Gay For Green Lantern Official Movie Fan Club" or "The Bad Taste Association".
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 3:02pm

If it's the Bad Taste Association then you can join too Brock for liking the Big Bang Theory. See, everyone can be friends!
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 3:04pm

-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby bitblockader » Jan 20th, 2012 @ 5:21pm

bitblockader

Postby jinpei05 » Jan 21st, 2012 @ 1:30pm

kenzo wrote:
LiQuid wrote:We should start a fan club. Do fan clubs exist anymore?
jinpei05 wrote:Great, you two can be its sole members.
And Jinpei can be the only person in the world who cares that they like the movie or not. :lol:

Actually, I don't give a fuck, kenzo. They can like all the mediocre movies they like and I have no issue. But please, continue to make false assumptions. They're far more entertaining.
jinpei05
Geekbox VIP

Postby kenzo » Jan 21st, 2012 @ 2:27pm

You don't care, and yet you bring it up every chance you get. :lol:
kenzo

Next
Forum Statistics