Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 53

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 9:12pm

--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up

Re: The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 53

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 9:28pm

"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby LiQuid » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 9:44pm

I'm boycotting this podcast until Brock stops being a h8r.
LiQuid

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 10:01pm

LiQuid wrote:I'm boycotting this podcast until Brock stops being a h8r.

So you're unsubbing?
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby LiQuid » Apr 16th, 2012 @ 10:13pm

Just like Brock said about Winter Soldier on his blog:

"I am a little bummed that I won't be picking up [this episode of The Comic Conspiracy]. I would like to support [Master Higgins], but I am off of [haters] right now, and must stick with my convictions. Sorry [Higgins]."
LiQuid

Postby Insanityinchaos » Apr 17th, 2012 @ 10:27am

Your missing out. This weeks podcast was a lot of fun to record with the return of a long lost Conspiracy Employee. Lots of Love.
Insanityinchaos

Postby LiQuid » Apr 17th, 2012 @ 11:58am

You guys have the ability to make Brock stop hating! Abuse him physically or emotionally!
LiQuid

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 17th, 2012 @ 12:43pm

LiQuid wrote:You guys have the ability to make Brock stop hating! Abuse him physically or emotionally!

Violence. Nice!

LiQuid wrote:Just like Brock said about Winter Soldier on his blog:

"I am a little bummed that I won't be picking up [this episode of The Comic Conspiracy]. I would like to support [Master Higgins], but I am off of [haters] right now, and must stick with my convictions. Sorry [Higgins]."

I thought you were going to also stop visiting my website. :P

And for someone who hates Marvel haters you should see the tweets coming from Master Higgins.
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

http://www.conspiratorbrock.com/
Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby SerpentineZERO » Apr 18th, 2012 @ 2:42am

Agreed on the lack of lawful good, DC is trying a bit too hard with making everything edgier. Billy Batson's character change was dumb as hell.
SerpentineZERO

Postby ceroxide » Apr 18th, 2012 @ 10:13am

I've never played Heroclix but the way it was described it sorta reminds me of a tabletop version of the Hero Academy game on the ios right?
ceroxide

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 18th, 2012 @ 7:43pm

Insanityinchaos wrote:Your missing out. This weeks podcast was a lot of fun to record with the return of a long lost Conspiracy Employee. Lots of Love.

Yes, it was good to see/hear Sam in the store again (up and about for that matter).
Fade2Black

Postby Robobear » Apr 18th, 2012 @ 8:09pm

It's cool. Heroclix sound great. Now that I know how great they are, I'll probably spend a few bucks buying some this month. Next month, I'll buy a few more. The month after that, double that amount. By month four or five, I need to start pulling back on comics and video games. By month seven or eight, I'll have to start using my credit card. By month nine or ten, my girlfriend will have to start paying my share of the rent. In a year, I'll be living behind the Compleate Strategist in Manhattan, in a shack made out of heroclix boxes, offering my 'services' in coffee shops and libraries. Look at what you people will do if you keep telling me how awesome this game is!

So... is there a Spider-Mans set?
Robobear

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 9:36am

SerpentineZERO wrote:Agreed on the lack of lawful good, DC is trying a bit too hard with making everything edgier. Billy Batson's character change was dumb as hell.

Yes it was. SHAMEZAM!

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby comicsanddakine » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 10:07am

Holy shit!! This is so accurate Robo!!! Web of Spidey is a great set for webhead fans but the most playable spidey pieces that I recommend you just going out on ebay to snipe are:
SI- Spiderman (50 pt version)
WoS- Mysterio
WoS- Doc Ock
WoS- Green Goblin
IH- Spiderman
GG- Spiderman (LE)

Good luck and have fun yo!!

Robobear wrote:It's cool. Heroclix sound great. Now that I know how great they are, I'll probably spend a few bucks buying some this month. Next month, I'll buy a few more. The month after that, double that amount. By month four or five, I need to start pulling back on comics and video games. By month seven or eight, I'll have to start using my credit card. By month nine or ten, my girlfriend will have to start paying my share of the rent. In a year, I'll be living behind the Compleate Strategist in Manhattan, in a shack made out of heroclix boxes, offering my 'services' in coffee shops and libraries. Look at what you people will do if you keep telling me how awesome this game is!

comicsanddakine

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 10:20am

Hey Omar! I think you need to buy another pack. :P

comicsanddakine wrote:Holy shit!! This is so accurate Robo!!! Web of Spidey is a great set for webhead fans but the most playable spidey pieces that I recommend you just going out on ebay to snipe are:
WoS- Mysterio
WoS- Doc Ock
WoS- Green Goblin
IH- Spiderman
GG- Spiderman (LE)

Robobear wrote:It's cool. Heroclix sound great. Now that I know how great they are, I'll probably spend a few bucks buying some this month. Next month, I'll buy a few more. The month after that, double that amount. By month four or five, I need to start pulling back on comics and video games. By month seven or eight, I'll have to start using my credit card. By month nine or ten, my girlfriend will have to start paying my share of the rent. In a year, I'll be living behind the Compleate Strategist in Manhattan, in a shack made out of heroclix boxes, offering my 'services' in coffee shops and libraries. Look at what you people will do if you keep telling me how awesome this game is!

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby comicsanddakine » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 11:13am

Bwahahaha!!! Good try brotha. I got everything I want for now...i think.

Roadie Brock wrote:Hey Omar! I think you need to buy another pack. :P

comicsanddakine wrote:Holy shit!! This is so accurate Robo!!! Web of Spidey is a great set for webhead fans but the most playable spidey pieces that I recommend you just going out on ebay to snipe are:
WoS- Mysterio
WoS- Doc Ock
WoS- Green Goblin
IH- Spiderman
GG- Spiderman (LE)

comicsanddakine

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 11:18am

What about the Chases and that new Avengers set? You have a small desire in your heart little one...follow that desire and you will obtain inner peace...and some credit card debt.

comicsanddakine wrote:Bwahahaha!!! Good try brotha. I got everything I want for now...i think.

Roadie Brock wrote:Hey Omar! I think you need to buy another pack. :P

WoS- Mysterio
WoS- Doc Ock
WoS- Green Goblin
IH- Spiderman
GG- Spiderman (LE)

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby LiQuid » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 11:56am

It definitely wasn't me that mentioned not wanting to hear about HeroClix, but posthumously, don't you motherfuckers EVER talk about HeroClix ever again.

At the risk of inflating Omar's ego, his addition to the podcast changed the dynamic for the better and made even h8r Brock tolerable do to their vulgarity and how noticeably uncomfortable they make Higgins. Comic nerds, and thus comic podcasts are usually so fucking reserved and I hate it. I could never hear the phrase "I've got an Infinity Gauntlet on my cock!" on the Comic Vine or IGN podcasts...
LiQuid

Postby comicsanddakine » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 12:14pm

Much love Liq! There isnt much more of ego to inflate yo. Especially being that i can piss rainbows and shit unicorns. God-status SON! Bwahahah!!!
comicsanddakine

Postby Roadie Brock » Apr 19th, 2012 @ 1:32pm

comicsanddakine wrote:Much love Liq! There isnt much more of ego to inflate yo. Especially being that i can piss rainbows and shit unicorns. God-status SON! Bwahahah!!!

I seen him! I seen him! And pissing rainbows seems to be more painful.

Roadie Brock
Official Geekbox Roadie

Postby Robobear » Apr 20th, 2012 @ 8:31am

LiQuid wrote:I could never hear the phrase "I've got an Infinity Gauntlet on my cock!" on the Comic Vine or IGN podcasts...

This.
Robobear

Postby Master Higgins » Apr 20th, 2012 @ 8:52am

Robobear wrote:
LiQuid wrote:I could never hear the phrase "I've got an Infinity Gauntlet on my cock!" on the Comic Vine or IGN podcasts...

This.

Brock, and he knows this because I tell it to him on a daily basis, just tries too hard. :lol:

I give Brock the same look Ryan Scott gives Fitch about 15 times an episode.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Master Higgins
They go up

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 20th, 2012 @ 5:21pm

comicsanddakine wrote:Much love Liq! There isnt much more of ego to inflate yo. Especially being that i can piss rainbows and shit unicorns. God-status SON! Bwahahah!!!

So let me get this straight, your piss is prismatic and you can poop cornuated apterous pegasi. . . yeah those are key skills people look for in a deity.
Fade2Black

Postby comicsanddakine » Apr 21st, 2012 @ 10:35am

Thats right Fade!! Good seeing you last night bud.
comicsanddakine

Postby Fade2Black » Apr 21st, 2012 @ 9:35pm

comicsanddakine wrote:Thats right Fade!! Good seeing you last night bud.

Always a pleasure, and please relay my thanks to Marshall for the complimentary HeroClix figures. Even though I don't actually play the game, they look kind of cool lined atop my monitor.
One of these days I'll try to swing by AFTER hitting the gym as opposed to on my way to it. When I do, I'll take you up on that drink offer.
Fade2Black

Postby kenzo » Apr 21st, 2012 @ 10:34pm

Finally listened to the podcast - great stuff! Even from Brock. ;-)
kenzo

Postby Olympia » Apr 22nd, 2012 @ 5:56pm

I haven't bought a Marvel or DC book in almost a year and I can say that it's really not bad at all

it also helps to not read bleeding cool
-=187 ride or die=-
Olympia

Postby Robobear » Apr 22nd, 2012 @ 8:41pm

Looking online for HeroClix, I found HeroClix Online. Anyone else hear of it?
Robobear

Postby kenzo » Apr 22nd, 2012 @ 9:54pm

The local B&N had a rack of Star Trek games (WTF!?) including two separate varieties of Star Trek - Monopoly (WTF!?!?), some card game (reminded me a lot of the old TNG CCG from the mid 90s), and another box. I looked at it, read the description - sounded interesting! Then I spotted the small "HeroClix" logo in the corner and very cautiously put the package down and backed away.
kenzo

Postby kenzo » Jun 8th, 2012 @ 11:13am

This episode should probably be un-sticky'd.
kenzo

Next
Forum Statistics