Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby flufflogic » May 18th, 2012 @ 6:13am

puppybox wrote:Are we at the point where Karen disagrees with Higgins just because? I don't think expecting a collectors edition to be on store shelves was that shocking an idea...

A game anticipated for 12 years, made by the company that's not exactly had a game sell under a million in a long time? Yes the CE will sell out! ESPECIALLY with all the loot they threw in!
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby kenzo » May 18th, 2012 @ 6:44am

flufflogic wrote:
puppybox wrote:Are we at the point where Karen disagrees with Higgins just because? I don't think expecting a collectors edition to be on store shelves was that shocking an idea...
A game anticipated for 12 years, made by the company that's not exactly had a game sell under a million in a long time? Yes the CE will sell out! ESPECIALLY with all the loot they threw in!
When was the last time you saw a Collector's Edition sell out? Usually for games that sell gangbusters like Call of Duty and the like, there's an over-abundance of CEs.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby flufflogic » May 18th, 2012 @ 8:25am

I saw the Halo 3 one sell out. And Reach. Heck, even the Halo 2 steelbook. So that's 3, and I'd argue Diablo 3 has a bigger fanbase.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby Master Higgins » May 18th, 2012 @ 10:22am

Mr_eX wrote:Did Higgins really say he thinks Diablo 3 sold 15 million copies day 1?


:lol: Sorry, my mouth was going a bit faster than my brain there.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 9:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby Master Higgins » May 18th, 2012 @ 10:23am

Best Buy got another small shipment in, so I've got one coming. Sold out again in like 20 minutes. Haven't seen it back on Amazon or anywhere else yet.

So you can all stop your search for me, I know you've all been spending so much time helping me get my wowemon collection!
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 9:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby Konanda » May 18th, 2012 @ 12:15pm

Master Higgins wrote:wowemon


Please tell me that's a term you just made up.
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby Master Higgins » May 18th, 2012 @ 12:29pm

Konanda wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:wowemon


Please tell me that's a term you just made up.


A quick google search seems to think I did.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up
 
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mar 9th, 2009 @ 9:46pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby kenzo » May 18th, 2012 @ 3:24pm

flufflogic wrote:I saw the Halo 3 one sell out. And Reach. Heck, even the Halo 2 steelbook. So that's 3, and I'd argue Diablo 3 has a bigger fanbase.
Funny, because I seem to remember being able to purchase the cat-helmet package months afterwards for dirt cheap (cheaper than buying the regular edition used at one point) because there were way too many made for the demand, and stores were desperate to clear inventory.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby flufflogic » May 18th, 2012 @ 4:26pm

Not in the UK! Mine was a rarity here. My Halo 2 steelbook copy's a US region free copy because of the shortage of that, and Reach, well I've never seen one of the statue copies, literally.

Now, the Gears 3 one, common as fuck.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby kenzo » May 19th, 2012 @ 1:43pm

flufflogic wrote:Not in the UK! Mine was a rarity here. My Halo 2 steelbook copy's a US region free copy because of the shortage of that, and Reach, well I've never seen one of the statue copies, literally.
Cool. In the meanwhile, Higgins is speaking from the perspective of an American, in a market that's what, 5x the size? My point is, I don't think your opinion based on anecdotal evidence from an entirely separate situation is enough to tell Higgins or someone else that their opinion based on different anecdotal evidence is wrong.
kenzo
User avatar
 
Posts: 26706
Joined: Apr 21st, 2009 @ 6:01pm

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby Konanda » May 19th, 2012 @ 9:53pm

Ryan on physical copies of computer games.

Rydog wrote:Well I, I would just want it from a Battle.net account I don't need a physical one, I'm not dumb like you. [Master Higgins]


Rydog wrote:Image
Get outta here, Thunder Tits!
Konanda
User avatar
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Mar 25th, 2009 @ 3:52pm
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby darfox8 » May 20th, 2012 @ 8:19am

To be fair that's more like a personal collection of stuff he loves. He doesn't need every game he's ever gonna play physically on his shelf. Still the fact that he has that mini shrine should mean that he understands the appeal of said physical thingy.
I stream games some times. Come and watch www.twitch.tv/darfox8 These are my Highlights.
darfox8
User avatar
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Mar 8th, 2009 @ 3:23pm
Location: Ocala, Florida

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 168

Postby flufflogic » May 20th, 2012 @ 11:08am

kenzo wrote:
flufflogic wrote:Not in the UK! Mine was a rarity here. My Halo 2 steelbook copy's a US region free copy because of the shortage of that, and Reach, well I've never seen one of the statue copies, literally.
Cool. In the meanwhile, Higgins is speaking from the perspective of an American, in a market that's what, 5x the size? My point is, I don't think your opinion based on anecdotal evidence from an entirely separate situation is enough to tell Higgins or someone else that their opinion based on different anecdotal evidence is wrong.

But this is a game where physical copies of any kind are scarce, worldwide. I'd say expecting the highly desirable version to be in stock to just wander in and get is pushing it, in this very extenuating circumstance. A rare, maybe even unique situation, but certainly not unthinkable.

Anyway, silly argument is silly, because - whaddya know - it sold out, and a new batch is being made.
flufflogic
User avatar
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Jan 29th, 2010 @ 6:26am
Location: The Northern Wastes of England

accutane buy online reviews JustKa

Postby Justtect » Dec 29th, 2017 @ 5:38pm

Cephalexin 500 Mg Capsuls cheap cialis Trovare Viagra Zythromax Vs Cephalexin Cialis No Pongas Excusas Propecia Calvitie Viagra France Pharmacie <a href=http://costofcial.com>online pharmacy</a> Pak Generic Levitra Legal Clomid Dianabol Viagra En Vente Libre En Pharmacie Kamagra Oral Jelly Prix http://costofcial.com - cialis price Buy Cheap Xenical No Prescription Cephalexin 500mg For Toothach Priligy Drug Interactions
Justtect
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Oct 16th, 2017 @ 10:05am
Location: Greece

Previous
Forum Statistics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Options

Return to Site and Podcast Discussion

cron