Wherein we discuss Geekbox.net and individual episodes of our various podcasts.

The Geekbox: Episode 169

Postby Rydog » May 23rd, 2012 @ 12:11am

This week on the Geekbox, we talk all about Diablo III (which I am hopelessly addicted to) and react to a particularly spoilery moment in The Avengers.

Reminder: Don't forget to check out our t-shirt giveaway thread!

Subscribe on iTunes!
Subscribe on Stitcher! (Make sure to use the promo code "GEEKBOX")
Subscribe on Zune Marketplace!
Follow me on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Send us some email!
Throw us free money if you're so inclined!
Ryan Scott
Editorial Director/Executive Producer, Geekbox.net
Rydog
Hell Yeah!

Re: The Geekbox: Episode 169

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » May 23rd, 2012 @ 2:45am

"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby Guillermo_DudeL » May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:10am

I still believe in Space.
"I never understand people who like Star Wars but don't even like Star Trek or people who like Star Wars but don't like Star Trek."
-Adam Fitch
Guillermo_DudeL

Postby flufflogic » May 23rd, 2012 @ 3:59am

I honestly believe that spoiler will go further in coming films. And when I saw it finally last night, I was one of 6 people in the screen, and seeing as we were there for my anniversary I can say technically we were a third of the audience. There was, disappointingly, a MASSIVE queue we had to walk past, all on their way to watch Dark Shadows, aka Tim Burton presents Johnny Depp in a Tim Burton film.

As for the Haunted Mansion thing - here, it's #4.
flufflogic

Postby puppybox » May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:31am

Yes. The return of Adam
puppybox

Postby kenzo » May 23rd, 2012 @ 7:44pm

The Return of Fitch was glorious. Great episode all around, despite the Avengers talk.

Space exploration - the government is never going to pull out of space exploration/activity. At the very least, they'll always be there like the FAA, enacting and enforcing regulations, coordinating everything, etc. And as much as private companies can use the machinations of the economy to make space travel more efficient, private companies are notorious for not promoting R&D (except in extremely narrow directions) so there'll always be government funded research in these fields that make up for deficiencies in the private sector (kind of like how universities, the government, and non-profits are the only ones researching a cure for cancer or AIDS, whereas the focus of private pharmaceutical companies are all focused on boner-pills and arthritis meds).
Last edited by kenzo on May 24th, 2012 @ 2:14am, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LiQuid » May 23rd, 2012 @ 8:33pm

What was the last episode Fitch was on? Didn't he miss a couple before the hiatus too? It feels like I haven't heard his voice in years. :(
LiQuid

Postby Fade2Black » May 23rd, 2012 @ 10:30pm

There has been quite a bit of speculation as to which DC super-hero will emerge from the closet, but Dan DiDio’s words were "established character". Is there a chance the character in question is a villain?
Fade2Black

Postby flufflogic » May 24th, 2012 @ 12:14am

Possibly. Established doesn't mean major, either.

Natch, the Daily Mail reported on the whole thing with "well obviously it'll be Superman", which is hilarious, as probably they know him and Batman, and Batman's rich so can't be gay.
flufflogic

Postby rchapoteau » May 27th, 2012 @ 4:46am

So here's a reason why Diablo 3 shouldn't be an online only game.

I just logged in, and because of some weird bug involving the auction house which I didn't even buy anything from, my main character basically got reset and lost EVERYTHING. If this was setup where my game saves were on my pc at least I'd have it backed up and could restore things. Who knows if they will be able to fix this.

Oh, and its not just me thats having this problem. There are a ton of people on the forums complaining about the exact same thing or something similar.
rchapoteau

Postby LiQuid » May 27th, 2012 @ 7:46am

Diablo 3 sounds fun.
LiQuid

Postby kenzo » May 27th, 2012 @ 11:57am

PC/Cloud gaming!!!
kenzo

Postby flufflogic » May 27th, 2012 @ 1:37pm

rchapoteau wrote:So here's a reason why Diablo 3 shouldn't be an online only game.

I just logged in, and because of some weird bug involving the auction house which I didn't even buy anything from, my main character basically got reset and lost EVERYTHING. If this was setup where my game saves were on my pc at least I'd have it backed up and could restore things. Who knows if they will be able to fix this.

Oh, and its not just me thats having this problem. There are a ton of people on the forums complaining about the exact same thing or something similar.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Well, hope they get your stuff rolled back (IIRC everyone is allowed 2) and sort it, but WTF Blizzard.
flufflogic

Postby rchapoteau » May 27th, 2012 @ 2:36pm

A ton of people seem to be having problems based on the forums. If you guys haven't aready done so change your batlenet passwords and use the call in authenticator. Somehow my account was compromised. Based on all of the current responses its hard to say what the actual cause is.

We are basicallly waiting for an official blizard resposnse as to what the problem is. There is a video that someone captured online that shows them doing it. There is some debate that people are able to use some type of code injection to get a hold of your account, but at this point its all speculation.
rchapoteau

Postby Master Higgins » May 27th, 2012 @ 8:00pm

Use an authenticator.
--
Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz
Master Higgins
They go up